+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 4 7 LastLast

Thread: What Happened to Egypt’s Pharaohs?

1. Link to Post #61
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

Default Re: What Happened to Egypt’s Pharaohs?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

giovonni (4th May 2011), Lord Sidious (4th May 2011)

3. Link to Post #62
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)

did you read how they came up with that date ?

it is pseudoscience at it's finest

there is no way to carbon-date rocks so what to do

well when there are 3 monoliths in line then why not imagine and calculate a time when Orion's belt rose flat on the horizon and aligned with these 3 monoliths ??

wow how did they even come up with that idea[/I]

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/su...annunaki34.htm
    My ol'friend Red,

I've been following this Tillinger story for several years, now. He has been interviewed on most of the major talk shows. The dating process involved at this site goes well beyond the small article you chose as your evidence to berate this investigation.

Since you and I have debated in other threads, and I'm aware of your Biblical tendencies, is it your suggestion that the 'creationists theory' of only some six thousand years (or so) since the creation of the planet earth is more accurate, as has been suggested by the 'creationists movement'? If this is your hypothesis, then please, give us all a break.

Tillinger's work is on the cutting edge of discovery. His investigation is opening the doors to completely changing what the 'Oxford Template of Learning' has been force feeding the Mass of Humanity since the Holy Roman Empire (Catholic) Church helped create that system of learning through the manipulations of the Jesuit Order hundreds of years ago.

The whole Emperor Constantine induced Nicene Council created a 'fairy tale' called the Holy Bible. Those who would believe in the dogma within its pages would also find comfort in a Bugs Bunny Cartoon.

Take a vacation and research what was discovered at Nag Hammadi (the dead sea scrolls) and come back and debate me about the content within the pages of the Bible.

If you need some links, just ask me....

4. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,246 posts

I thought the Pharoahs were all black or jewish...sometimes mixed with Minoans. I believe the Somalians think they were the rulers of Egypt.
    Last edited by 161803398; 4th May 2011 at 03:20.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 161803398 For This Post:

Nyce555 (11th May 2011)

6. Link to Post #64
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

Quote Posted by observer (here)

My ol'friend Red,

I've been following this Tillinger story for several years, now. He has been interviewed on most of the major talk shows. The dating process involved at this site goes well beyond the small article you chose as your evidence to berate this investigation.

Since you and I have debated in other threads, and I'm aware of your Biblical tendencies, is it your suggestion that the 'creationists theory' of only some six thousand years (or so) since the creation of the planet earth is more accurate, as has been suggested by the 'creationists movement'? If this is your hypothesis, then please, give us all a break.

Tillinger's work is on the cutting edge of discovery. His investigation is opening the doors to completely changing what the 'Oxford Template of Learning' has been force feeding the Mass of Humanity since the Holy Roman Empire (Catholic) Church helped create that system of learning through the manipulations of the Jesuit Order hundreds of years ago.

The whole Emperor Constantine induced Nicene Council created a 'fairy tale' called the Holy Bible. Those who would believe in the dogma within its pages would also find comfort in a Bugs Bunny Cartoon.

Take a vacation and research what was discovered at Nag Hammadi (the dead sea scrolls) and come back and debate me about the content within the pages of the Bible.

If you need some links, just ask me....
    Hi Observer

I do not believe the earth is just 6000 years ; )

Still human civilisation does not seem to be much older according to archeology

I'm just questioning the method of dating this stone structure known as Adam's or Enki's Calendar in South Africa

Michael Tellinger is as you know a proponent of Zecharia Sitchin's work - which is fine - but again the method of dating these ruins back to a time when "Orion's Belt rose flat on the horizon" is questionable at best

There is a 'Orion Correlation Theory' about the 3 largest pyramids of the Giza complex put forth by Robert Bauval in his 1994 bestseller 'The Orion Mystery'

Perhaps Tellinger thought he could use this theory on the stone structures of South Africa - but why try to correlate the ruins to a time when "Orion's Belt rose flat on the horizon" ?

You have of course correctly observed that I believe the Bible but the Bible does not purport to tell all there is to know about our rich history

I'm sure secrets are still buried beneath the sands of time and below the waters of yester-yore

7. Link to Post #65
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)
    [....snip]

Hi Observer

I do not believe the earth is just 6000 years ; )

Still human civilisation does not seem to be much older according to archeology

I'm just questioning the method of dating this stone structure known as Adam's or Enki's Calendar in South Africa

Michael Tellinger is as you know a proponent of Zecharia Sitchin's work - which is fine - but again the method of dating these ruins back to a time when "Orion's Belt rose flat on the horizon" is questionable at best

There is a 'Orion Correlation Theory' about the 3 largest pyramids of the Giza complex put forth by Robert Bauval in his 1994 bestseller 'The Orion Mystery'

Perhaps Tellinger thought he could use this theory on the stone structures of South Africa - but why try to correlate the ruins to a time when "Orion's Belt rose flat on the horizon" ?

You have of course correctly observed that I believe the Bible but the Bible does not purport to tell all there is to know about our rich history

I'm sure secrets are still buried beneath the sands of time and below the waters of yester-yore
    Hi again Red,

Please forgive me for being so crass in my first comment to you. I have to deal with several individuals who are proponents of the 'creationists theory' every day at work. I assumed that was where you were going.

As I stated previously, Tellinger and his colleagues are using a number of different techniques to date this site. There is a very good reason that Tellinger is using this 'Orion Hypothesis' as part of his dating process. Using this astronomical computer program, one can come to very accurate dates on any given archaeological site on the planet. As you pointed-out, developed by Bauval.

It just so happens, there is an overwhelming amount of correlation to this Orion Phenomenon (and other similar astronomical 'templating') at a vast number of archaeological sites located immense distances from each other around the planet.

The work of Robert Bauval is just a fractional example of how the ancient sites around the globe correlate to one another. It is also dynamically relevant in the context of this thread, that these two locations (seemingly unrelated sites - Giza and Mpumalanga) are among just a few of the global sites where this phenomenon has been observed.

So as to gain a clear understanding of our past, in interpreting the evidence from antiquity, one must abandon all of the conditioning humanity has been subjected to. (The Oxford Template of Learning; organized religion; etc.) The mind works much like a parachute; it works best when its open.

If you want a greater insight into how the Orion Phenomenon is relevant, please take the time and watch this very informative video:

http://www.blip.tv/file/2558670?utm_...layer_embedded

To Maria,

My intention is not to hijack your thread Maria. I hope this perspective sheds greater insight into your quest. Keep-up the good work....

observer
    Last edited by observer; 4th May 2011 at 15:28.

8. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

Pyramids packed with fossil shells

Many of Egypt's most famous monuments, such as the Sphinx and Cheops pyramid at Giza, contain hundreds of thousands of marine fossils, according to a study (2008). Most of the fossils are intact and preserved in the monument walls, giving clues to how the monuments were built.

The authors suggest the stones that make up the Giza plateau, Fayum and Abydos monuments must have been carved out of natural stone as they reveal what chunks of the sea floor must have looked like over 4000 years ago, when the buildings were erected.

"The observed random emplacement and strictly homogenous distribution of the fossil shells within the whole rock is in harmony with their initial in situ setting in a fluidal sea bottom environment," write Professor Ioannis Liritzis and his colleagues from the University of the Aegean and the University of Athens.

The researchers analyzed the mineralogy, as well as the chemical makeup and structure, of small material samples chiselled from the Sphinx Temple; the Osirion Shaft; the Valley Temple; the Cheops, Khefren and Menkaure pyramids at Giza; Osirion at Abydos; the Temple of Seti I at Abydos; and Qasr el-Sagha at Fayum. X-ray diffraction and radioactivity measurements, which can penetrate solid materials to help illuminate their composition, were carried out.

The analysis determined the primary building materials were pinky granites, black and white granites, sandstones and various types of limestones.

The latter contained numerous shell fossils of the genus Nummulites, simple marine organisms whose name means 'little coins'. "At Cheops alone they constituted a proportion of up to 40% of the whole building stone rock," the researchers write in an issue of the Journal of Cultural Heritage.

Nummulites that lived during the Eocene period around 55.8 - 33.9 million years ago are most commonly found in Egyptian limestone.

Fossils have also been unearthed at other sites, such as in Turkey and throughout the Mediterranean. When nummulites are bisected horizontally they appears as a perfect spiral. Since they were common in ancient Egypt, it's believed the shells were used as coins, perhaps explaining their name.

Fossils of their ancient marine relatives - sand dollars, starfish and sea urchins - were also detected in the Egyptian limestone.

Intact fossils throughout the stone -- The fossils are largely undamaged and are distributed in a random manner within the stone, in accordance with their typical distribution at sea floors. So, Liritzis and his team argue that the large building stones used to construct the monuments must have been carved out of natural stone instead of cast in moulds.

To further their argument, the scientists say the x-ray patterns detect no presence of lime, which would be expected along with the salt natron, which would indicate cast materials. They also point out there are no references of moulds, buckets or other casting tools in early Egyptian paintings, sculptures or texts.

Carved or cast? - Joseph Davidovits, professor and director of France's Geopolymer Institute, formulated the theory that natural limestone was cast like concrete to build the pyramids. Davidovits says that Liritzis and his team "should have taken into account the scientific analysis" he and other researchers conducted before backing the carved-not-cast hypothesis.

Robert Temple, co-director of the Project for Historical Dating and a visiting research fellow at universities in the US, Egypt and Greece, has also studied Egypt's monuments.

He agrees with Davidovits about the casting. "There is no evidence known that suggests the ancient Egyptians had cranes," he says. "Without cranes, it is difficult to imagine how they could have lifted giant stones, some as heavy as 200 tonnes."

Temple, however, agrees about the importance of the fossils. "Egyptian pyramid blocks of limestone tend to contain fossil shells and nummulites, often huge quantities of them, many of them intact, and many of them of surprisingly large size," he says. "Frankly, not many people pay attention to the shells, which I have always thought was a shame. 'Seashells in the desert' - a good story."

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

giovonni (11th May 2011), Karma Ninja (11th May 2011), observer (4th May 2011)

10. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

THE LOST CATACOMBS

In 1817, Sir Henry Salt, British Counsel General to Egypt, along with the maverick Italian explorer Giovanni Caviglia, explored a spacious tomb west of the Great Pyramid. It was part of a systematic investigation of Giza's famous necropolis in their unerring bid to find, and convey back to their own countries, antiquities and treasures of every kind, whether of commercial or philological value

After exploring a crack in the rock, Salt and Caviglia unexpectedly found themselves peering inside a chasm-like chamber, partly hewn, partly natural, which opened up into a maze of subterranean passages. After traveling for a distance of some several hundred yards, the two men chanced upon a spacious chamber that linked to three other chambers of equal size, from which went various 'labyrinthick' passages. Salt left Caviglia to explore one of them, he having become bored by these empty corridors and chambers. The Italian followed one for a distance of 300 feet before giving up, having found no obvious antiquities.

Only one allusion to Salt and Caviglia's discoveries was ever published, and this was in J.J.Hall's "Life and Correspondence of Henry Salt" (1834). Page 92 states:

"The next undertaking of Caviglia was to examine
    the catacombs in the vicinity of the Pyramids.
    Those to the west of them do not appear
    to have possessed any peculiar interest; he and
    Mr. Salt entered some few, but found them too
    uninviting to induce them to prosecute their research ;
    and though Captain Caviglia subsequently
    penetrated into one of the many "labyrinthick" passages
    observed, to the distance of three hundred
    feet, yet he met with nothing to compensate him
    for the attempt."

So what exactly had Salt and Caviglia found, and why is their account so important?

Ever since the age of the Pharaohs Egyptian myths and legends had alluded to a cave underworld at Giza. Such stories were told by Roman and Arab travelers to Egypt, and even by those who inhabit the settlements and villages closest to the plateau.

In more modern times psychics and mystics such as America's 'sleeping prophet' Edgar Cayce (1877-1945) have revived the search for what has become known as the Hall of Records, an underground library said to contain the lost arts and treasures of an antediluvian civilization. In the last 50 years several expeditions, almost all of them funded by the Association for Research and Enlightenment (ARE), the active wing of the Edgar Cayce Foundation, have attempted without success to locate its entrance.

Did the series of catacombs uncovered by Salt and Caviglia lead eventually to the lost Hall of Records, or were they simply natural cavities of very little archaeological value? Was there any real truth in the stories regarding the existence of an underworld domain beneath the Giza pyramid field? Was there any way its entrance might be located today?

These questions and more the author Andrew Collins sought to answer when in 1998 he began his own quest of discovery on the celebrated plateau at Giza, strewn with ruined monuments and empty sepulchers from a bygone age. Little did he realize that just ten years later I would be arguably the first person to rediscover and record those same catacombs and "labyrinthick" passages in an incredible story of treasure and discovery, reminiscent of the earliest days of exploration on the plateau.

http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/ar...n%20240709.htm

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uKfJp...eature=related Part 2
    Last edited by MariaDine; 4th May 2011 at 22:24.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

giovonni (11th May 2011), Karma Ninja (11th May 2011), observer (4th May 2011), RedeZra (5th May 2011)

12. Link to Post #68
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

With regard to the catacombs under the Giza complex, as they say, "The rest of the story":

From the old Avalon Forum:
    http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20279

From Richard Gabriel's website:
    http://www.richardgabriel.info/

And an additional video recently given to me:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=LTEVv...ature=youtu.be

These caves are well know. It is the global matrix of control that will not allow any public speaking of them....

13. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

The goodess Sopdet - Sothys or Sirus

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3HHfsu9Sq_...anis+major.jpg

The Dog star: Home of the Soul of Isis

Each year in ancient Egypt, the reappearance in the morning sky of a particular star coincided with the coming of the fertilizing Nile flood. This star was, and still is, the single brightest star in the night sky.

The ancient Egyptians called it Sopdet. The Greeks called it Sothis, and in Latin it was called Sirius. Throughout all periods of recorded Egyptian history, this beautifully brilliant star, which I call Sothis (meaning, "Pure of Thrones"), was and still is the Star of Isis, the brightest star in the night sky

In Egypt today, it rises in late July, but can't be seen until early August, but when the star appears to rise will depend on your latitude.

The ancients believed that Sothis was the soul and image of Isis. Just as the constellation of Orion was considered to be the soul and image of her husband Osiris. The ancient priest and priestesses of these Deities could see the myth of Isis searching for her husband made manifest in the heavens, for the constellation of Orion appears to move through the sky ahead of the bright star of Sothis.

To locate Sothis (or Sirius), look for Orion's belt, and then mentally draw a straight line down from that system and you will see Sothis shining brightly !

Sothis is the alpha star in the constellation of Canis Major, or the "Dog Star." Even Isis herself declared that, "I am She that rises in the Dog Star." In Greco-Egyptian imagery, Isis is sometimes accompanied by dogs.

According to Diodorus Siculus (a Greek historian of the 1st century BC), the following account is why dogs are associated with Isis:
    "There are some who explain that dogs guided Isis during her search for Osiris and protected her from wild beasts and wayfarers, and that they helped her in her search because of the affection they bore for her. This is the reason why, at the Festival of Isis the procession is led by dogs. Those who introduced the rite, showing forth in this way, the kindly service rendered by this animal of old."

The association of Isis with dogs would also have made sense to her ancient followers because of her relationship with Anubis, the canine God of Tombs and Embalming. Anubis is the Guide of the Dead, as well as the nephew of Isis, who also became her faithful companion.
    Another reason the name of Isis was so frequently attached to various stars is that astronomy was actively practiced in her temples. Above all, Isis' special star is Sothis. This star, which is the most visible entity within a complex twin (and possibly triple) star system, was and always will be known as the "Home of the Soul of Isis."

The connection between Sirius and a dog may reflect the stars association with the destructive power of the goddess, universally symbolised by various predators of feline or canine origin (lions, tigers, panthers, wolves and hunting dogs in particular). In Greek culture this became the she-dog of Orion, the sublimated form perhaps.

Gods who ride such animals, notably Shiva and Dionysos, or who have canine servants, notably Orion and Osiris (with Anubis his gatekeeper and embalmer), were also regarded by Kerenyi as partly derived from Iachen, the sublimator, or an even older myth.

Dogs associated with various incarnations of Dionysos, as well as with Orion's dog (Sirius), were regarded as the discoverers, or bearers, of the first grapevine, this was probably because Sirius rose in the period of the vines blossoming, shortly before harvest.

It also reached its highest point in the sky on around Jan 1st, just before the birth of Dionysos on Jan 6th (epiphany), associated with the opening of the first wine.

The universality of Sirius lore, even the Pawnee tribe of North America, and others, referred to Sirius as the 'Wolf Star' indicates this Sothic Mythos may have extremely ancient roots, perhaps as old as the first humans to migrate from Africa.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

giovonni (11th May 2011), Karma Ninja (11th May 2011)

15. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

THE PTAH-HOTEP AND THE KE'GEMNI

THE Instructions of Ptah-hotep and of Ke'gemni possess, apart from the curious nature of their contents, a feature of the greatest interest, and an adequate claim on the notice of all persons interested in literature and its history.

For if the datings and ascriptions in them be accepted as trustworthy--there is no reason why they should not be accepted--they were composed about four thousand years before Christ, and three thousand five hundred and fifty years before Christ, respectively.

And the significance of those remote dates is, that they are the oldest books in the world, the earliest extant specimens of the literary art. They stand on the extreme horizon of all that ocean of paper and ink that has become to us as an atmosphere, a fifth element, an essential of life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    THE INSTRUCTION OF PTAH-HOTEP (THE GOD PTAH IS SATISFIED)
    The Instruction of the Governor of his City, the Vizier, Ptah-hotep, in the Reign of King of Upper and Lower Egypt, Isosi, living forever, to the end of Time.

A. The Governor of his City, the Vizier, Ptah-hotep,

p. 97

he said: "O Prince my Lord, the end of life is at hand; old age descendeth--upon me--; feebleness cometh, and childishness is renewed. He--that is old--lieth down in misery every day. The eyes are small; the ears are deaf. Energy is diminished, the heart hath no rest. The mouth is silent, and he speaketh no word; the heart stoppeth, and he remembereth not yesterday. The bones are painful throughout the body; good turneth into evil. All taste departeth. These things doeth old age for mankind, being evil in all things. The nose is stopped, and he breatheth not for weakness (?), whether standing or sitting.

"Command thy servant, therefore, to make over my, princely authority--to my son--. Let me speak unto him the words of them that hearken to the counsel of the men of old time; those that once hearkened unto the gods. I pray thee, let this thing be done, that sin may be banished from among persons of understanding, that thou may enlighten the lands."

Said the Majesty of this God: 1 "Instruct him, then, in the words of old time; may he be a wonder unto the children of princes, that they may enter and hearken with him. Make straight all their

p. 98

hearts; and discourse with him, without causing weariness."

------------

http://www.sacred-texts.com/egy/woe/woe05.htm

16. Link to Post #71
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Lightbulb Re: What Happened to Egypt’s Pharaohs?

"Make straight all their hearts" indeed

17. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Hello Giovanni, my friend ! Got something special for you !

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

giovonni (11th May 2011)

19. Link to Post #73
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: What Happened to Egypt’s Pharaohs?

Quote Posted by MariaDine (here)

this is good!
    Last edited by giovonni; 11th May 2011 at 23:11.

20. Link to Post #74
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: What Happened to Egypt’s Pharaohs?

Quote Posted by MariaDine (here)

Thanks Maria Your divine intuition knows how to stir my soul

sorry ~ this got me so excited ~ i post it twice
    Last edited by giovonni; 11th May 2011 at 23:14.

21. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

Let's not get away from the theme thread...LOL

Last edited by MariaDine; 11th May 2011 at 23:34.

22. Link to Post #76
    Thanks

23. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

Djed Pillar / Egypt.Papyrus / C1/10 BC

Egyptian papyrus, New Kingdom, 21st dynasty, C11th/10th BC Book of the Dead of Khensumose, priest of Amon-Re.-The Djed pillar with Ka symbol (raised hands) and Ankh.

24. Link to Post #78
    Mauritius Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,420 times in 635 posts

Hi.
    I would highly recommend The Black Genisis, Robert Bauval's new book. I have a new pre release copy, not sure if it's in the stores yet.
    K

25. The Following User Says Thank You to kersley For This Post:

MariaDine (12th May 2011)

26. Link to Post #79
    Thanks

The 'Dixon Relics'

In September 1872 a British engineer, Waynman Dixon discovered the openings of the two shafts on the south and north walls of the Queen's Chamber, and in the horizontal section of the shafts that leads into the chamber he found three small relics: a small bronze hook; a portion of 'cedar-like' wood, and a granite ball.

The relics were taken to England by John Dixon, Waynman's older brother, and mailed to the astronomer Royal of Scotland, Piazzi Smyth, who recorded them in his diary, then returned them to John Dixon. The 'Dixon Relics' then mysteriously disappeared. In 1993 I conducted a search for these relics with Dr. Mary Bruck and they were eventually traced at the British Museum. Unfortunately the small piece of 'cedar-like' wood was missing, and thus no Carbon 14 dating was possible.

The relics are now displayed at the British Museum's Egyptian section. When the German Engineer, Rudolf Gantenbrink, explored the shafts of the Queen's Chamber in the Great Pyramid in 1993 with a miniature robot fitted with a video camera, he managed to photograph a long piece of wood whose shape and general appearance seemed to be the same as that of the shorter piece found by the Dixons in 1872 at the bottom of this shaft. This relic could, of course, be carbon 14 dated and hopefully provide an accurate age for the Great Pyramid.

So far this wooden rod has not yet been retrieved by Dr. Zahi Hawass, the Director-General of the Giza monuments, in spite of the many requests made by myself and others. It seems that Dr. Hawass disapproves of C-14 dating. Thus finding the 'missing' Dixon Relic i.e. the 5-inches piece of cedar-like wood is crucial, as it would resolve this impasse

27. Link to Post #80
    Thanks

HillaryRaimoRadio-Black Genesis-Robert Bauval-Pt. 1

https://youtube.com/view_play_lis...68D67760723B3A
    Last edited by MariaDine; 12th May 2011 at 00:08.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 4 7 LastLast