+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast

Thread: What woke you up?

1. Link to Post #1
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default What woke you up?

One of the biggest problems most of us face is how to wake up our friends and families.

Its like being in a building full of smoke and finding that you cannot alert anyone to the danger.

As far as spiritual awakening is concerned we can see this happening all around us, and this is something that everyone must and will do in their own way and their own time. I am constantly amazed when the least likely people bring up such subject as unconditional love, energy, oneness. Like osmosis it is spreading naturally.

However if one dares to bring up such subjects as New World Order, 9/11, or even the danger of vaccinations, one is instantly labelled as a conspiricy theorist, and you can almost hear the minds around you slamming shut.
    In my family I see looks exchanged and eyes rolling and the subject is quickly changed.

So I have wondered, meeting all of you here, what woke you up?

The information is all there on the internet if only people can be persuaded to look.

Maybe by sharing our stories we can help one another find ways of waking up the people around us.

What made you begin researching, opening your minds?
    Last edited by TigerLilly; 29th April 2011 at 06:43.

2. Link to Post #2
    England Avalon Member Garry Irwin's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: What woke you up?

That's an interesting topic TigerLily...
    I know only too well the scene you describe above with cynical, closed-minded friends and family.
    Having said that, I used to be one of them not so long ago.
    I began to be suspicious something wasn't right after watching a You Tube video on 9/11, purely by chance.
    From there it was a short step to David Icke books and various websites such as ATS and Project Camelot/Avalon.
    You are right in saying it's all out there on the Internet, but there's so much disinformation to wade through and the rabbit hole is very deep...
    Most are so busy trying to earn a crust, the last thing they want after a day's work is more work trying to sift the truth out from the rubbish.
    I was fortunate to be able to retire early and give myself the time to do this.

3. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Garry Irwin For This Post:

aikisaw (13th March 2011), Amenjo (15th March 2011), Art (25th April 2011), ceetee9 (14th March 2011), Fructedor (13th March 2011), Icecold (14th March 2011), InCiDeR (14th March 2011), Lifesong (15th March 2011), Mystique (13th March 2011), Rufs (15th March 2011), SKAWF (14th March 2011), TigerLilly (13th March 2011), Yoda (13th March 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

My father woke me when i was still a small child......... told all the truths and everything regarding life... He was talking about the saurians leaving earth in the early 70's, UFO and ghosts all through my childhood.... Lucky i guess.....
    There is no theory of evolution...
    There is just a list of creatures that Chuck Norris allows to live

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Setras For This Post:

aikisaw (13th March 2011), Amenjo (13th March 2011), crosby (14th March 2011), Fructedor (13th March 2011), Icecold (14th March 2011), InCiDeR (14th March 2011), Lifesong (15th March 2011), Rufs (15th March 2011), SKAWF (14th March 2011), TigerLilly (13th March 2011), Tom Sawyer (14th March 2011), Yoda (13th March 2011)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Hi Upanatom
    Oh I was one of them not long ago too. I phoned a friend one day and he started warning me about the flu vaccines. When I expressed surprise he warmed to the subject and started talking about chemtrails, 9/11, and the plans of the PTB generally.

I thought, oh he's a complete nutcase, totally paranoid. But I took notes and out of curiosity began to look up the things he had mentioned. Once you begin to research there is no going back!!
    Last edited by TigerLilly; 29th April 2011 at 06:44.

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Setras (here)
    My father woke me when i was still a small child......... told all the truths and everything regarding life... He was talking about the saurians leaving earth in the early 70's, UFO and ghosts all through my childhood.... Lucky i guess.....
    Yes, very lucky.
    My children were already teenagers when I woke up. I find that it is difficult to wake them up gently without frightening them. I hate shattering their visions of the future. Sometimes I feel like the mother in Terminator!

8. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 225 posts

Quote Posted by TigerLilly (here)
    Hi Upanatom
    Oh I was one of them not long ago too. I phoned a friend one day and he started warning me about the flu vaccines. When I expressed surprise he warmed to the subject and started talking about chemtrails, 9/11, and the plans of the PTB generally.

I thought, oh he's a complete nutcase, totally paranoid. But I took notes and out of curiosity began to look up the thing he had mentioned. Once you begin to research there is no going back!!
    When you're ready, anything like a smile, hello, will open the door. In my case, I was an electonics technician, conversing with the company machinist, and he used the term "metaphysics", and I said "whoa!". What does that mean? I have never found the bottom to the rabbit hole since then. I was open that day, that is all.
    Pierre

9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Post:

58andfixed (23rd March 2011), aikisaw (13th March 2011), crosby (14th March 2011), Fructedor (13th March 2011), Hervé (14th March 2011), Icecold (14th March 2011), InCiDeR (14th March 2011), Mystique (13th March 2011), Rufs (15th March 2011), SKAWF (14th March 2011), TigerLilly (13th March 2011), Vrilya (22nd March 2011)

10. Link to Post #7
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks

Ha ha - yes so true when you talk to friends or family - my friend's husband greets me by saying something along the lines of - been looking through your telescope at anymore space stations on the dark side of the moon have we today? I take it all in the good humour that it's meant but that is generally the response.

I think I was already awake - when I was a kid (about 5) I didn't like not being able to go into the fields because I was girl but the boys in my neighbourhood were allowed so I think from that moment onwards I questioned everything because I was probably stronger and less afraid than all of them put together so it didn't make any sense to me. Just like evolution did - sorry we evolved from apes??? Look at the chasm of difference, no way! 9/11 - my immediate thoughts were that has been orchestrated so they can go to war. I think the blatent shady shananigans that the world's governments get up to has always kept me awake and seeing.

11. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Lunar For This Post:

58andfixed (23rd March 2011), aikisaw (13th March 2011), Art (25th April 2011), butcherman (16th March 2011), crosby (14th March 2011), EsmaEverheart (25th April 2011), Fructedor (13th March 2011), Icecold (14th March 2011), Lifesong (15th March 2011), Rufs (15th March 2011), SKAWF (14th March 2011), TigerLilly (13th March 2011), Yoda (13th March 2011)

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Always been ther, but seeing 9/11 live was the big jolt. I knew instantly it was homemade propaganda and that it gave dubbya the freedom to do whatever he wanted without questions being asked.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gajanana For This Post:

58andfixed (23rd March 2011), Amenjo (15th March 2011), Art (25th April 2011), crosby (14th March 2011), Gardener (14th March 2011), InCiDeR (14th March 2011), Rufs (15th March 2011), TigerLilly (13th March 2011), wynderer (25th April 2011), Yoda (13th March 2011)

14. Link to Post #9
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gajanana (here)
    Always been ther, but seeing 9/11 live was the big jolt. I knew instantly it was homemade propaganda and that it gave dubbya the freedom to do whatever he wanted without questions being asked.
    Gajanana - I think alot of people did think the same, even people who would laugh at conspiracy theorists knew there was something fishy about 9/11. We're all not as dumb at the PTW think!! People's inertia though is quite disturbing.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lunar For This Post:

crosby (14th March 2011), Fructedor (13th March 2011), TigerLilly (13th March 2011), Yoda (13th March 2011)

16. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

My aunt when I was still a teenager.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lost Soul For This Post:

crosby (14th March 2011), Rufs (15th March 2011), TigerLilly (13th March 2011), Yoda (13th March 2011)

18. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

Quote Posted by TigerLilly (here)
    One of the biggest problems most of us face is how to wake up our friends and families...

...far a spiritual awakening is concerned we can see this happening all around us, and this is something that everyone must and will do in their own way and their own time....

...by sharing our stories we can help one another find ways of waking up the people around us.

...What made you begin researching, opening your minds?
    I say knowing my words will not win favor; the few have the knowledge, some will be because they are and the most shall be not.

Even those who feel they have awoken are still asleep; for all may have potential but not all may have ability.

One can only point as they walk past and without turning they must continue; anything more only benefits the one walking.
    Last edited by king anthony; 13th March 2011 at 22:02.

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

58andfixed (23rd March 2011), aikisaw (13th March 2011), crosby (14th March 2011), Gardener (14th March 2011), InCiDeR (14th March 2011), jjl (14th March 2011), Lifesong (15th March 2011), Limor Wolf (13th March 2011), modwiz (13th March 2011), SKAWF (14th March 2011), TigerLilly (13th March 2011)

20. Link to Post #12
    France Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Tiger Lily

Great idea for a thread. My experience has long been not to try too hard to wake those we are closest to – this is how we learn that we have no control over the choices other people make. Their choices are not our responsibility – if we push too hard, often for reasons of love, the stress created can lead to deception. My experience has shown that only with a few, and often over a long period, can we orient people’s attention towards what seems to us to be glaring evidence.

For example, my brother is a brilliant man, a computer scientist, and member of Mensa to boot. No slouch by any measure. When I first starting learning about the deceptions of 9/11, I tried on a number of occasions to bring him to reason. His basic response was to point me to certain BBC programmes that obviously upheld the ‘official’ view. I offered him links to other documents, and he replied he wasn’t willing to waste time on fantasies. It’s his life – and he’s very aware in other ways. We all have different paths to our different destinations.

What woke me up? It was a long process. Not counting certain vaguely mystic experiences as a child, the first changes occurred many years ago in a moment of prayer, when I physically felt some part of my brain opening up like a rusty flower. That was period in which I had a number of powerful unexplainable experiences – for the first time I realised that time does not truly exist, and also, without having an out of body experience, I realised that my own existence is elsewhere than my physical body. I had many important dreams which guided me through some very difficult situations, and a number of signs which resonated in ways I had so far never experienced. I still pay attention to my dreams, and the signs continue to this day, although I see no point explaining them, since they concern me alone, and would probably means little to others.

In terms of information, my first powerful awakening concerned the so-called ‘AIDS virus’, HIV. My wife and I had a friend or two who had caught it, and one had died, we suspected more from his medication than the disease. One day I was looking on the Internet for something else entirely – this was in the 90’s, before Google, I can’t remember the name of the search engine, maybe Altavista – and I spotted a title ‘HIV – Science Fact or Science Fiction?’ by Dr. Peter Duesberg. The title was irresistible. I read his article, and for the next six months I read everything I could find on the subject. At the end of that period, I had come to realise that the medical establishment was deeply involved in a systematic and murderous deception fuelled by greed on the part of the pharmaceutical industry. Although today this sounds obvious, at the time it demanded a huge paradigm shift, and changed me for ever.

Other subjects would present themselves from time to time, always unexpectedly, as if offering themselves for my education, and I’d do the research and move on. Many subjects treated as unassailable facts by the MSM and the general population were dismantled in this way. JFK, RFK, MLK. Tonkin Bay. Etc etc. Others I don’t wish to mention. The Oklahoma City bombing, Ruby Ridge, Waco. The trumped-up charges against spurious IRA cells in England. The whole edifice just came down piece by piece.

9/11 – although there was no alternative information for a couple of weeks, it was obvious to me from the start that something was deeply wrong there. Since that event, so much alternative information has become available on these subjects for the perusal of all. The Internet has been an incredible tool for awakening – and to those who say there’s a lot of bull**** on the Internet, I reply that you don’t believe everything you hear in a bar either. You listen, you ask the questions, and you decide what’s true for you and what isn’t. That to me is the fundamental lesson – we have to learn to trust our own inner compass – and everything changes all the time, we have to move with that too.

The Project Camelot initiative was for me a vector of great learning, listening to so many amazing stories and utterly different points of view – brilliant people. Important too to actually watch these people as they share their messages – we understand so much more from the audio-visual experience than the written word – we are, after all, multimedia creatures.

Enough from me for tonight

Best wishes

Fructedor

21. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Fructedor For This Post:

aikisaw (13th March 2011), AlternativeInfoJunkie (27th April 2011), Art (25th April 2011), Black Panther (23rd March 2011), butcherman (16th March 2011), Fred Steeves (13th March 2011), Gardener (14th March 2011), Heather2017 (13th March 2011), Icecold (14th March 2011), InCiDeR (14th March 2011), john.d (14th March 2011), Lefty Dave (23rd March 2011), Lunar (13th March 2011), Rufs (15th March 2011), SKAWF (14th March 2011), T Smith (27th April 2011), Teakai (13th March 2011), TigerLilly (13th March 2011), Vrilya (23rd March 2011), Yoda (13th March 2011)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Thanks for this post TigerLily, I can relate to your dilemma Re: helping loved ones awake.
    I can only advise to stay in your heart and tell them as much as you gauge they are ready for.
    When I first woke it was after I had watched Zeitgeist Movie and I just wanted to tell everyone. I soon found people switched off quickly when you crossed the boundary they were comforatble with and at worst some thought I was a nutter! I probably am a bit but at least Im not a sheep
    I would say the softly approach is best, discussing how the world could be a better place etc.. but for the strong hearted ones who are keen watch Zeitgeist Movie with them.
    Good luck and Best wishes
    Lancelot
    Last edited by Lancelot; 13th March 2011 at 21:31.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lancelot For This Post:

Fred Steeves (13th March 2011), Fructedor (13th March 2011), InCiDeR (14th March 2011), Lunar (13th March 2011), Rufs (15th March 2011), TigerLilly (13th March 2011), Yoda (13th March 2011)

24. Link to Post #14
    UK Avalon Member Champion the Wonderhorse's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Tigerlilly,

When I was a kid I was heavily into UFO's. I would read books and books on the stuff, but it would always lead to the same thing: Men in black, Secret government, NWO etc. I found it all depressing so I stopped for a while.
    My interest started again when I noticed the changes happening to David Icke and the ridicule he was receiving.
    The turning point came with the death of Diana. I started doing research and never looked back since.

I've given up trying to educate people, they just look at you like your insane and need help.
    I once told an american woman who was singing praises about Obama what was really going on in the world and she started crying! "How can you live with yourself, how can you go day by day knowing this" and such. I just smiled. Some people just don't want to know.

I'm just amazed at the amount of people out there who just don't get it, and probably never will. They need a hard slap in the face just to wake up, but by then it will probably be too late. I'd much rather concentrate on my own growth and learning.

Peace Out.

25. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Champion the Wonderhorse For This Post:

Art (25th April 2011), Black Panther (23rd March 2011), Equinox (15th March 2011), Fructedor (13th March 2011), Garry Irwin (22nd March 2011), Icecold (14th March 2011), InCiDeR (14th March 2011), jjl (14th March 2011), T Smith (27th April 2011), Teakai (13th March 2011), TigerLilly (13th March 2011), Yoda (13th March 2011)

26. Link to Post #15
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Always a great topic Tigerlilly. Don't know that anyone has an answer besides their own story. One thing though that helps keep me steady when everyone around seems oblivious is that if if I could be woken up, ANYONE can.

I was the most ardent, partisan republican you could ever want to meet. I LOVED the Bush presidents, FOX NEWS was gospel, war was the answer, people in the middle East were towell heads, except for the Israelis of course. I could go on and on. Makes me almost sick to me stomach sometimes to examine the old Fred too closely sometimes, except for the fact that it's a reminder that if if I can break out of the trance anyone can.

What finally got me sitting up on the edge of the couch one day saying "what the f*** is going on here" was the day boy Bush and Hank Paulson were talking live at the start of the '08 financial crisis. When I heard my man Bush say something to the affect of "we have to abandon the free market to save the free market" I knew something was terribly wrong. It wasn't long after that I finally dared to touch a book at the bookstore by that quack David Icke. (Tales from the Timeloop) I actually dared myself not just to briefly peruse his insane bull****, but buy it and read it.

The world would NEVER look the same again. It COULD NOT!!! Not only did I begin to discover that I had been dead wrong about my man Bush, I had apparently been dead wrong about virtually everything I had thought to be true about the world. Not an easy pill to swallow. The transformation was bewildering and frightening, with the aha moments mixed with moments of deep darkness. Almost lost my marriage, almost went off the deep end.

The dark side had to be faced, and face it I did. I think that's where a lot of people make this mistake. Everything must be faced, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I don't think there's any other way to move past it. Some call it the dark night of the soul. Thing is, once this is settled you're free to explore much less saddled with our old friends Fear and Ignorance.

WHAT A RIDE. I once said to myself in the beginning I'm ready for the ride down the rabbit hole, where ever it leads. Apparently there are ears that may take seriously such requests.

So, what's your awakening story TigerLilly? Anyone else?

Cheers,
    Fred S.

27. Link to Post #16
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks

Fructedor what an elegantly written post. Ruby Ridge was also a big question mark to me about how much free will we have.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunar For This Post:

Fructedor (13th March 2011), TigerLilly (13th March 2011), Yoda (13th March 2011)

29. Link to Post #17
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

i do not think that prior to my 'wake up call' i would have learned even 5% from what i now know .
    but i am aware that This waking-up and being assisted is something that was going to happen all my life.
    i am often thinking that i came here to assist somehow,and i used to wish others to have the same signs that i did..

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...3-Our-x-factor

Yoda,like you said,the emphasis is "when you're ready".yes,very true!
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 13th March 2011 at 21:53.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

aikisaw (13th March 2011), Amenjo (15th March 2011), Art (25th April 2011), Fructedor (14th March 2011), Gardener (14th March 2011), InCiDeR (14th March 2011), jjl (14th March 2011), Lord Sidious (14th March 2011), modwiz (13th March 2011), TigerLilly (13th March 2011), Yoda (13th March 2011)

31. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Even those who feel they have awoken are still asleep; for all may have potential but not all may have ability.
    Thank you King Anthony, I am sure you are right, I feel only half awake most of the time which is why I am here.

Thank you all for your wonderful stories. They are certainly helping me, and I am sure will help many others who will read this.

32. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Hi TigerLilly
    It was the swine flu 'pandemic' that woke me up politically.

I remember talking to one of my girlfriends about it one day and I was surprised that she was still going to take the swine flu vaccine after all the stuff I'd told her and not look into it - and I can't remember her words exactly, but she thought that this conspiracy stuff was like a belief system I'd chosen to adopt. (pfffft - it's not 'real' you know - if it was real then everyone would know it)

So, I just post stuff on my facebook - which I'm pretty sure everyone avoids because for the most part it's stuff that will screw with their prefabricated version of the world.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Teakai For This Post:

AlternativeInfoJunkie (27th April 2011), Champion the Wonderhorse (13th March 2011), Hervé (14th March 2011), Icecold (14th March 2011), InCiDeR (14th March 2011), jjl (14th March 2011), TigerLilly (13th March 2011), Yoda (13th March 2011)

34. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Hi Teakai
    I'm always amazed when I get the reply "if that was true it would be on the news, everyone would know". How can people not question who controles the media?

As to conspiracy stuff being "like a belief system", it is quite the opposite, we are forced to shed all our previous beliefs and programming and open our minds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast