+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smiley Culture Dead

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

Default Smiley Culture Dead

Smiley Culture died at his Surrey home yesterday, the Cockney Translator star plunged a carving knife into his heart as officers waited to take him into custody.

Smiley - real name David Emmanuel – requested the opportunity to pop into his kitchen to make a cup of tea, which the officers permitted the star to do and once in there the 48 year old South Londoner took his own life.

The police officers were stunned to discover the 80’s star dead on the floor.

Smiley was already out on bail with regard to a seizure of £250,000 worth of cocaine before police arrived at his home at 7am yesterday and the latest swoop is thought to be relating to the arrest of a man acting as a drug mule, he’d swallowed a reported 2 kilos of cocaine before coming to the UK, it was alleged that Smiley was a part of the drug ring involved in that plot.

A source told The Sun "Smiley must have thought he was going away for a long time and decided he could not handle it.

"While the Old Bill were sitting waiting for their cuppa he took a carving knife and stabbed himself right in the heart with it."

The Independent Police Complaints Commission is to probe the stars death although a source stressed there are no suspicious circumstances.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Smiley Culture Dead

I posted this because I find it utterly unbelievable that a person could end their life this way. It would have made more sense to say he overdosed, in those circumstances.

3. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

I had a close friend who killed himself. He was always the life of the party, laughing and joking. When I found out he had stabbed himself in the heart I nearly passed out. It struck me then, correct or not, that he must have had such a self hatred to kill himself in such a manner. It just seems physically impossible to plunge a knife into your own heart.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

ktlight (21st March 2011)

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    I had a close friend who killed himself. He was always the life of the party, laughing and joking. When I found out he had stabbed himself in the heart I nearly passed out. It struck me then, correct or not, that he must have had such a self hatred to kill himself in such a manner. It just seems physically impossible to plunge a knife into your own heart.
    Thanks for that, Conk. I also cannot imagine how it can be done!!

6. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

"Thus, the task is not so much to see what no one yet has seen, but to think what nobody yet has thought about that which everybody sees."
    — Arthur Schopenhauer

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dan i el For This Post:

ktlight (25th March 2011)

8. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Thanks for the post dan i el. I watched and listened to the youtube track and find nothing in it that would lead him to stab himself.

+ Reply to Thread