+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Upsetting childhood phenomenon - any insights?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 times in 407 posts

Default Re: Upsetting childhood phenomenon - any insights?

Quote Posted by Borden (here)
    Now, I was also a very dedicated Marvel comics fan, and there was a favourite character of mine called Dr. Strange who astral projected, which may have had some bearing on my young fascination with the subject.

ha... something else we share,I suspect we are about the same age,I am 47 .
    Id like to ask you if you remember a period at the end of the seventies where it was announced that a whole new line of comics were to be launched because PLASMA was now the power favoured .I seem to remember a launch of characters who all ahd Plasma related powers.......
    I also think that marvel and dc comics were full of propaganda as well as philosophy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the trojan For This Post:

3. Link to Post #22
    Borden

Hi trojan,

I'm only a few years younger than you, but I got into comics quite early (strictly Marvel for me). I don't actually remember the thing about plasma, but when I think of it, after the seventies there were a lot of characters around who had those sorts of powers.

As for the propaganda - definitely. Philosophy - definitely! Those comics were a great way for young people to explore pretty heavy themes across the board. I always particularly liked the more cosmic characters like Galactus, the Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange. I've got my fingers crossed that they don't mess up 'Thor', which comes out in a month or so.

When I was a kid though, and saw books on astral projection, something Dr. Strange did ... well, you can imagine how that captured my imagination. On the other hand, at that age you don't worry about bumping into the Dread Dormammu or Mephisto or anyone!

Borden

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Borden For This Post:

the trojan (19th March 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,364 times in 1,115 posts

I can no longer describe the states very well but the concrete feeling I remember. I do remember a state that I learned to persevere through. Somewhere around 8-11.
    I believe this is the age where people stop feeling new emotions and settle into whatever "sleep state" they adopt in order to survive in socialized world.
    Although this socialization process is needed in order to function in society, it seems to be rather overdone,and most of us lose our communication channels to our deeper selves.
    Thanks for posting his because I have remembered various stages in my personal process of forgetting about the greater reality as I grew up.
    An earlier one also involved the pre-sleep state. I was hearing male and female voices trying to talk to me as I was falling asleep, they seemed to be frantic about something, and I was frightened by the experience, so I got up and complained to my father about it. He kind of scoffed at me to an extent but did his best to comfort me by explaining the state away as your mind unwinding at the end of the day. That was the last time I consulted an adult about any strange perceptions.
    I regard the event of remembering these times as a healing process and try to be grateful for the gift of socialization but at the same time be open to safely reopening the doors that were closed at that time.
    I think that the techniques of protection that are taught in many meditation classes are there for a reason and I think that as time goes on we will learn to simplify and refine these things for ourselves.
    Good luck to anyone who is re-experiencing these things for themselves, may we never be the same again.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

dan i el (20th March 2011), king anthony (19th March 2011), Sierra (28th March 2011)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

Hi borden, i too had very similar experiences when i was a child.

In retrospect i can say that i was very much in the "hell" regions of the astral world. However there was something different to these experiences in order of magnitude. I think of these particular experiences as a interaction with some sort of incomprehensible, amazing foreboding darkness, beyond the scope of the mind to digest into a understandable sequential experience. It was amazing and horrible at the same time, beyond fear, more like doom. Most astral experiences can be at least partially downloaded into the waking mind and made sense of, however these experiences still baffle me. Upon returning to my body sensory perceptions would be in a accelerated state. My perception of time would be faster, it seemed when people spoke, they were talking at lightning speed. My perception of touch was exaggerated, a bump on my skin felt like a mountain. Gradually after about 20 minutes or so my perceptions would return back to their normal state. The astral body was able to keep itself in a accelerated vibratory state while fully attached to the physical, but eventually the integration of the astral with the physical slows down the astral and "normal" perception is restored. What caused this i have no idea. I have been trained to have a somewhat similar, but not exactly the same type of experience by one of the eastern masters i studied with. I have seen many strange and amazing things in the astral world, but for me these childhood experiences are the most mysterious of all. Hope this helps.

Some questions for you, do you have asphyxiation nightmares? Are you asthmatic? Is the physical shape of your chest somewhat deflated?

Thanks

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

Sierra (28th March 2011)

9. Link to Post #25
    Borden

Hi johnf,

thank you for your comments, which definitely ring true to me.

---

hi, bearcow,

thank you, and when you eloquently describe the terror you experienced it sounds as though you and I have definitely touched the same sort of thing. It makes us sound like people from a Lovecraft story, but it's difficult to describe the severity of that dread. It doesn't make sense on an intellectual or even normal emotional level.

In answer to your question - no, I don't have any asthmatic problems or anything like that. I have to ask though - what is the significance of the shape of my chest? You've made me curious!

thanks,

Borden.

10. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

Quote what is the significance of the shape of my chest? You've made me curious!
    Physical characteristics can often be ingrained into the body by a persons psychological tendencies. If this experience is as powerful as it seemed and happened at such a young age, it would have an effect on how you developed your personality/energy structure from there on. The strong sense of doom, if it lingers, can create a underling depression, weakening the chi of the lungs and possibly creating some oral tendencies. Asthmatic problems or a physically deflated chest can be evidence of this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

12. Link to Post #27
    Borden

Thank you, bearcow, that is extremely interesting.

There's nothing as significant as a sunken chest, but it struck a chord. There are subtle things, and there was I imagining that it was just my mind that developed in unusual ways from my childhood experiences!

I've always felt that people's personalities define their physical characteristics over time, and give away a lot about them. This is why when I see a parliament full of politicians my first instinct is that they're all demonic in nature. First instincts are important!

Borden.

13. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Hello, The One,

Hello, Dan i el,

Perhaps we were accessing different things. In adult life I've had experiences of vibrational, oscillatory phenomena that weren't frightening at all, so I suppose the thing from my childhood was a different experience. What I found distressing about it was that it was inescapable, induced nausea, and just had this weird feeling of extreme dread along with it. It wasn't the unpleasantness of the sensations, it was a thick feeling of horror that accompanied it. It sounds like whatever 'station' you were tuning into was a better one.
    Hello Borden Thanks for the reply. Yes, probably a different thing, quite right, upon re-reading it sounds like a different version of something, for sure. Yes, what I was experiencing was actually quite pleasant.. Sorry I couldn't have been of more help. :/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dan i el For This Post:

15. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by johnf (here)
    An earlier one also involved the pre-sleep state. I was hearing male and female voices trying to talk to me as I was falling asleep, they seemed to be frantic about something,

Good luck to anyone who is re-experiencing these things for themselves, may we never be the same again.
    Cor Blimey. Thanks, reading this brought back something. I remember multiple female voices in unison but differing sometimes within/at the hypnogogic/pre-sleep state/stage at an early age..but pleasant, not at all frightening. As I remember it now, the general impetus seemed to be soothing and relaxing...but I didn't even remember it for the longest time and have never dwelt on whether there was any appreciable sense to such experiences. I remember feeling GOOD from this sort of stuff though.
    What a great forum this actually is. This thread has been quite a little trigger for me personally,not necessarily at all of import but nevertheless remembering stuff like this is quite joyful from an individual perspective, appreciation to all, totally beginning to agree that this forum is potentially quite special.

.-.

@Borden +

I once remember having a nightmare in the house of some of my grandparents and tripping at the summit of what were (even for adults) steep stairs in their 2 up 2 down terraced house, beginning to tumble and then floating down the stairs as if carried and there being a bright warm light all around like a bubble when around 3 or so, it was told back to me in laughter sometimes when growing older about how as a bairn I claimed I had floated downstairs. No idea about what happened. it's off-topic but and not so interesting nor am I interested to want to talk about me and my experiences like they are worthwhile reading but I type it purely in the spirit of sharing and don't believe I am consumed by my own ego..I thought i would try and participate as I 'resonated' (?) with the thread. sorry if I cannot communicate neurotypically so well..good thread. cheers
    Last edited by dan i el; 20th March 2011 at 02:50. Reason: added depth
    "Thus, the task is not so much to see what no one yet has seen, but to think what nobody yet has thought about that which everybody sees."
    — Arthur Schopenhauer

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dan i el For This Post:

Gardener (20th March 2011), Sierra (28th March 2011)

17. Link to Post #30
    Borden

Hi dan i el,

and please don't apologise for sharing! Your input is very welcome. Your experience sounds like a very early astral projection to me, and it also sounds like your experiences with this sort of thing in general are very positive, which sounds like a good place from which to explore further. Good luck.

Borden.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Borden For This Post:

Gardener (20th March 2011), Jake (20th March 2011)

19. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member DianeKJ's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Borden
    Wow, thanks for sharing that with us. I think you've actually already answered your own original question. I believe you are right in thinking that you sort of stumbled into a nasty area while you were shifting in and out of dimensions. It could have been what many projectors refer to as dealing with the "gate keeper" who really puts you through your paces to see if you truly ready for astral. Or could've just been a really icky, lower realm that you were tuning into.

It's tricky in deciphering these childhood traumas. I had an experience at around 13 years, were I encountered a really dark and icky entity. Words can never adequetly described the utter fear and horror I felt deep in my soul. It actually deterred me from learning anything metephysical for a lot of years. Its odd though, looking back there as an adult and trying to make sense of it.

It's very cathartic and healing that you can examine it now, and move on from it. I am very happy that you were able work through the experiences a bit with us in this forum.

Namaste,
    Di

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DianeKJ For This Post:

Gardener (20th March 2011), Jake (20th March 2011)

21. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

Thank you to everyone who has shared their personally terrifying and young psychic lives so openly, I hear you all and within this thread; I for one have learned a great deal I am sure others have too and been able to release some of the blockages created by their experiences.

I have just finished reading Jake's book, and I can without reservation identify with a lot that I had brushed under the carpet. I can recommend to anyone to read it and gain the understandings if you are so inclined.

Dan i el I had a staircase incident too, I was just going downsatirs, and floated from half way down landing lightly in front of a hall stand, tried many times to do it again. Now I understand what might have happened, just slipped momentarily into another dimension, (projection). Geez that has excercised my mind for a long time.

ty Jake
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

dan i el (20th March 2011), Jake (20th March 2011)

23. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

What you said about low frequency vibration sounds right - I just wish I knew what the vibration was and why the feelings of dread!

Thanks for the input.

Borden.
    If I isolate the low frequncy vibration experience I feel, I would describe as feeling incredibly similar to an actual physical vibration emenating from the solar plexus region - extremely low - about 8-10 Hz perhaps. I get it in deep meditation or when I am extremely physically exhausted, It is usually mild for me but very distinct, I've had to even ask several people if I looked like I was actually vibrating, the sensation is so real and physical to me. Does this sound close? I still get it to this day but will go fairly long periods without. It's never been scary to me, and I am familiar with it now and just accept it as normal. But it sure is weird when it happens.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

25. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Hi dan i el,

and please don't apologise for sharing! Your input is very welcome. Your experience sounds like a very early astral projection to me, and it also sounds like your experiences with this sort of thing in general are very positive, which sounds like a good place from which to explore further. Good luck.

Borden.
    Cheers. I do sometimes have OOBE's, I've had about 7 this year so far but I cannot yet consciously decide when they occur..
    "Thus, the task is not so much to see what no one yet has seen, but to think what nobody yet has thought about that which everybody sees."
    — Arthur Schopenhauer

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dan i el For This Post:

Gardener (20th March 2011)

27. Link to Post #35
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

Quote Borden wrote:

It was a very intense sensation of oscillation between two states. I think it was in time with my heart beat, or maybe a little slower than that actually. The two states would snap back and forth to this 'beat', and it felt that my body was actually fluctuating back and forth. (It wasn't. This story isn't that weird. But it felt that way.)

It felt that I was zooming back and forth between a state of stick thin and dimensionless - and then dense, expanded heaviness - over and over and over. Even in trying to describe this I see that words are failing me. It's tricky. If you imagine blowing into a paper bag, and it going from expanded to capacity, then to airless flatness - it's a bit like that.
    Borden, Your statement above reminded me of what used to happen to me in my early teens. I would be trying to sleep, but was fully conscious, and would suddenly felt like I was snapping in and out of my body. Years later I asked my spiritual teacher and she dismissed it as a breakdown of the nervous system from fatigue.

One thing I learned years later from Jon Peniel's book, The Children of the Law of One and The Lost Teachings of Atlantis, is not to dwell upon such phenomenons. As one becomes spiritually developed, they will be given more insights and powers. They should have the corresponding wisdom to know when its use is appropriate. Abuse of any power inflates the ego, and that drives one further from the universal spirit. The power seduces them and makes them more apart from its source, the universal spirit (see 237-38).

When I learned this, I understood why my teacher dismissed. It may have been something, then again it may have been nothing. It doesn't matter.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lost Soul For This Post:

Sierra (28th March 2011)

29. Link to Post #36
    Australia Avalon Member Roseheart's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Borden,
    I had the exact same thing as a child... The feeling of expansion for me was the scariest bit because there seemed to be no limits. It had a texture too that can't be described in words. I remember I would try to control it or stop it. It happened regularly I remember for years.
    The funny thing is, the feeling came back recently at the end of a yoga class. I was lying down on my back (shivasana) and the feeling of expansion came back! This time, I had no fear and just allowed it. It was actually quite pleasant. I think as a child it was just too wierd to be comfortable with.
    Wow - thought I was the only one... This is the best thing about Avalon - you get to share this stuff. Thanks.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Roseheart For This Post:

31. Link to Post #37
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member Victoria Tintagel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Borden: I would love to know if anyone knows what I'm talking about, has ever experienced the same thing, and if so what they make of it.
    Hey Avaloneans, today I wish you all a very happy Springtime equinox such precious energy after the fool moon Thanks very much, Borden, for sharing your story. It's amazing, how accurate you tell us about it, to me it's as if I read about myself, when I was in my teens. This state of expanding/contracting I "discovered' when I had huge toothaches. I have a feeling there's a post where I mention this, somewhere. Anyway, by going out and in, I learned to cope with the pain. By expanding as far as possible, towards a point where I felt anxious a bit, excited and curious but with warning I spread the pain evenly within this field. I then became detached from the pain and could cope with it. By returning back I experienced more pain again, but this was a game I played, to learn, in bed with my eyes closed. I guess this prooves we are so much more then our body.

In general, expanding and becoming more aware in that astral field, is what's happening NOW. Inviting us to guard how we're present in that field/space and what we choose to allow being present too, in it. It's an evolutionary step for our consciousness, to become aware of our potential to create in that field around us, to own that and be sovereign in it. We grow up and become bigger, at this moment in time. That's how I feel it and please be aware of my firmness and dry and wry humour.

Quote The One:I find this thread very fascinating. I ask this question, if trained, can anyone astral project or is it a gift only given to a select few
    Thanks
    Oh sir, the One! Don't you remember our conversations in the courtyard? Of course it's the happy few that are privileged to astral travel, tsk, tsk, tsk! Why do you think, the PTB know how to tinker with our perception of present reality? Oh my, you need to go to class, you are still very unconscious and need lots of harsh excersises to awaken, the One. You really need direction and programs to work through, even extra coaching. Oh dear! The only way to rule planet Earth is by a happy few that knows best for mankind, history prooves this.

oierjr;!!!!!!jtvnnofojgnvooi;jnn????09864908jgjk 90iiijk oiurt ak'b 'bsjvpitprk kll'f poipoi oi [o[ytoihdgibuou ujkljvjioujio;usiorujiourjihjjlk kjlskjk

HA HA.... is this an answer, the One? In my nsho, of course there's no restriction to having an experience with astral travel, or whatever you want to label it. As long as you have an astral body, and I suppose you have one, the One, you can freely own it and play with it as you like. Or have I made dents in it? So sorry I am full of beans, on this Springtime sunny day. Remember to smile, the One, that's what I intent to cause. I am full of smiles now, be in grace, Victoria Tintagel.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Victoria Tintagel For This Post:

The One (21st March 2011)

33. Link to Post #38
    Borden

Thank you people for your continuing insights and experiences.

It's now clear that others know the experience I related - and other, similar experiences. This leads me to think that the vibrational/fluctuation between two states thing is the generality, and then the specifics of the accompanying feelings vary. This makes me think that it is an astral experience, or a vibrational frequency experience at least - but that the 'radio stations' we have all tuned into are different.

I realise now that I forgot (rather stupidly) to mention that at the time of these experiences my parents were at war, and going through a protracted and very ugly separation and eventual divorce. I suspect this meant that whatever the cause of the astral induction or whatever it was - the trauma and fear in my personal world sort of chose a radio station for me, and it wasn't a breezy one.

I believe that we are constantly surrounded by entities of both benevolent and malevolent nature. It's my strong feeling that we are beset on such a scale that we are all sort of heroic from one perspective - I mean everyone alive. We just don't know what's pitted against us, and if we did, then many of us would take to cupboards wearing tin foil hats and clutching talismans while feverishly gibbering protective mantras. Let's be honest, some people do! I do sympathise.

I do believe that there are safety measures we can all take, but I think it's far more important to be inhospitable domains for negative entities and energies. If children are protected from germs too much they grow up vulnerable. I read something once by Stuart Wilde that made me laugh but also struck a chord. He talked about the bubble of protection method favoured by many, and said that it doesn't do you a whole lot of good. It's all very well in one sense, but then what happens if you meet an etheric giant who just steps on you - bubble and all?

We have to be of sterner stuff ourselves. I find laughter and humour a good way to go. It seems to break up negativity in a miraculous way, and it's also something natural and beneficial to us. Not an external protection - but part of our nature.

I know I mentioned protective things in an earlier post, like lavender and chamomile, and you can go as far as red brick dust and symbols and God knows what else ... but it's best not to fetishise these things too much. I think the best thing to realise is that on the etheric planes we are all massively powerful entities ourselves. But human beings have been bullied and deceived for so long into believing that we are powerless. We're not. We're just largely clueless.

There's another thread on Avalon now about that Aussie kid who stood up to a bully. I think the human race is that kid, and the bullies range from TPTB to confused ancestors hitching a ride to verminous etheric entities. When that kid decided he didn't have to take it any more he showed that horrible little bully what strength actually is! On the etheric planes we can realise our true power. We should be Neo putting up his hand and saying, "No," and watching the bullets drop harmlessly to the floor.

A bit dramatic, but to quote from the recent film, 'Inception' (which is essentially about lucid dreaming) ... "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger."

Borden.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Borden For This Post:

DeDukshyn (21st March 2011), Gardener (22nd March 2011), Jake (21st March 2011), Roseheart (22nd March 2011), Sierra (28th March 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2