+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: French planes in the air over Libya.

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Deactivated
    Thanks

Default French planes in the air over Libya.

And so it begins...

Keep an eye on your news sources..

http://www.bfmtv.com/
    Last edited by bodixa; 19th March 2011 at 14:30.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 times in 202 posts

Default Re: French planes in the air over Libya.

While every other government stands around with their hands in their pockets, France has recognized the rebel government and is trying to save them. Funny how 'sovereignty' is only sacred to some people when they don't want to do anything. Vive le resistance! Vive la France!

3. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Deactivated
    Thanks

Yeah, good for France, but maybe things not always as they seem.

My thoughts at the moment are these:

Dave Cameron is really pissed that Scotland under the Labour government released Lockerbie Bomber, Magrahi on compassionate terms, only for him to return to Libya to a rapturous reception and still be stirring the pot.

Obama has an agenda to represent the USA on the international stage as 'leading from behind' or 'first among equals'... and is pressing the coalition point.

The UK Coalition are showing a united front on this (All party members got an email this morning - this is important politically in the UK)

They want Gadaffi out. Who knows how this will pan out, but Gadaffi was never going to pay attention teh UN resolution. Prepare for some suicide bombers.

Personally I'm steering clear of trains and planes for a bit.

Sarkozy to speak any moment.
    Last edited by bodixa; 19th March 2011 at 14:41.

4. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by Dorok (here)
    While every other government stands around with their hands in their pockets, France has recognized the rebel government and is trying to save them. Funny how 'sovereignty' is only sacred to some people when they don't want to do anything. Vive le resistance! Vive la France!
    Well Libya was a French "colony" was it not?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

bodixa (19th March 2011), granny (19th March 2011)

6. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    Well Libya was a French "colony" was it not?
    They are more in bed with Italy these days, so it could be interpreted as a cynical move to get their foot in. My only point it that I'm glad someone is helping the 'rebels' while MQ sends hired mercs to slaughter them.

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

And just a jab to my rightwing, conservative, Reagan worshiping friends (I live in the US Midwest after all...), I like to throw a rhetorical trope they like to use back at them: Reagan should have taken him out in the '80s!

Yes, I do know that this is not productive, but turn about is fair play!

8. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Wouldn't trust Sarkozy even as far as I could throw the wee fart.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indiana For This Post:

Lord Sidious (19th March 2011), Operator (20th March 2011)

10. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

And just a jab to my rightwing, conservative, Reagan worshiping friends (I live in the US Midwest after all...), I like to throw a rhetorical trope they like to use back at them: Reagan should have taken him out in the '80s!

lol ... not sure if that was hurled in my direction but no matter.

I am from the midwest and the left/right paradym is nonsense is it not???

Both sides consist (mostly) of comprimised and paid off traitors.

Divide and conquer ... remember

Anyhoo ... I only point out that Libya *was* a colony of France (as USA was (actually still is depending on how far down the rabbit hole you go) of England).

I ignored politics in general most of my life but had it shoved down my throat with 9/11 waking me up to the dangers of sleepwalking though life. Reagan (imho) was a great actor (on the screen and in the presidency). Again imho we have lost real leadership in this country since Ike and Kennedy.
    Last edited by Calz; 19th March 2011 at 22:58. Reason: typo

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

granny (19th March 2011), Lord Sidious (19th March 2011)

12. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)

lol ... not sure if that was hurled in my direction but no matter.

I am from the midwest and the left/right paradym is nonsense is it not???

Both sides consist (mostly) of comprimised and paid of traitors.

Divide and conquer ... remember

Anyhoo ... I only point out that Libya *was* a colony of France (as USA was (actually still is depending on how far down the rabbit hole you go) of England).

I ignored politics in general most of my life but had it shoved down my throat with 9/11 waking me up to the dangers of sleepwalking though life. Reagan (imho) was a great actor (on the screen and in the presidency). Again imho we have lost real leadership in this country since Ike and Kennedy.
    Sorry! I didn't notice you were from here too! That wasn't towards you at all. And it is nonsense. I just like throwing nonsense back at the nonsense throwers, especially when it hits them in a way that should demonstrate to them the original nonsense. Does that make sense?

13. Link to Post #10
    Netherlands Deactivated
    Thanks

Hey, here's a question, what do you think 'the unique capabilities at the front' are that Obama and Hilary just mentioned???

14. Link to Post #11
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

maybe Obama and Hilary intend to parachute in and take charge

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ahkenaten For This Post:

Calz (19th March 2011), Jake (19th March 2011), jorr lundstrom (21st March 2011), sllim11 (21st March 2011)

16. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 times in 2,185 posts

Quote U.S. launches first missiles against Gadhafi forces]

March 19, 2011 -- Updated 2004 GMT (0404 HKT)

The U.S. military has launched its first missiles in Libya against Moammar Gadhafi's forces, a senior Defense Department official said Saturday.

Earlier, French fighter jets deployed over Libya fired at a military vehicle on Saturday, the country's first strike against Moammar Gadhafi's military forces who earlier attacked the rebel stronghold of Benghazi.

U.S. Tomahawk missiles have landed in the western area around Tripoli and Misrata, the American military official said.

"He's clearly been on the offensive," the official said of Gadhafi. "He said that he was going to do a cease-fire and he continued to move his forces into Benghazi."

The military official said the attacks on Gadhafi's forces will be part of a multiphase approach in a sequential and deliberate manner.

"The U.S. will be at the front end of this, providing the unique capabilities that the U.S has," the official said.

While French jets launched the first attacks on Gadhafi's forces, Americans jets will be part of the enforcement. "When this commences, we'll have American aircraft involved," the official said.

The French Defense Ministry said its attack aircraft being used to take out tanks and artillery have deemed Benghazi and the surrounding area an "exclusion zone."

The French are using surveillance aircraft and two frigates in the operation to protect civilians. The aircraft carrier Charles De Gaulle will soon depart Toulon, France.

"Our air force will oppose any aggression by Colonel Gadhafi against the population of Benghazi," said French President Nicolas Sarkozy, speaking after an international, top-level meeting in Paris over the Libyan crisis.

"As of now, our aircraft are preventing planes from attacking the town," he said, calling the intervention a "grave decision."

The international show of force is much welcomed by besieged rebel forces who have called for backup to help them stave off a government offensive against their positions in Benghazi and other rebel-held enclaves

An opposition spokesman in Benghazi said Gadhafi forces that assaulted the city earlier Saturday are now positioned outside the town. However, the forces are preparing for more attacks.

Western and Arab allies were coordinating the use of military assets to thwart Gadhafi's offensive.

Canada will be one of four principal partners helping to enforce the no-fly zone over Libya. Six Canadian CF-18 fighter jets are en route to an Italian base in Sicily and the HMCS Charlottetown will be in position to help with the naval blockade against Libya.

British officials held a crisis meeting Saturday evening.

The United States continued to broadcast the message that it is a member of, and is assisting, the coalition, rather than taking the lead role.

"America has unique capabilities, and we will bring them to bear to help our European and Canadian allies and Arab partners to stop further violence against civilians including through the effective implementation of a no-fly zone," Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said.

Sarkozy said Gadhafi still has time to stop its activities. As of Friday, France, Britain, the United States and Arab League nations passed along a warning for Gadhafi to stop his operations immediately.

But "Gadhafi has totally ignored the warning" and "in the last few hours his forces have stepped up their deadly offenses," Sarkozy said.....
    continued...http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/af...war/index.html
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

17. Link to Post #13
    Netherlands Deactivated
    Thanks

Interesting how neutralised we've become to this kind of thing...

Trying to imagine how distressing it would be if a coalition of 5 military forces started sending forced over London or Los Angeles...

A UN force goes in yet again to zap a dictator.... same old same old...

110 Tomahawk Cruise Missiles sent out this afternoon!!!!(US Time)

This is serious ****.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bodixa For This Post:

Calz (19th March 2011)

19. Link to Post #14
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

yeah it would be REAL interesting if the UN decided to attack ALL dictators.......................

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahkenaten For This Post:

jorr lundstrom (21st March 2011)

21. Link to Post #15
    Netherlands Deactivated
    Thanks

They just admitted that the operation IS under US command for now and will be transferred to Coalition command in a few days..

What sort of name is 'Odyssey Dawn'?

One of the senior UK guys in the Bosnian war just got very emotional on a BBC interview, reflecting on the atrocities there and his fear that the same would develop in Libya..

Good coverage..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12776418

I tend to think that Gadaffi will only give in after making the biggest mess possible. Sounds like he'll fight to the last.
    Last edited by bodixa; 19th March 2011 at 20:46.

22. Link to Post #16
    Australia Avalon Member bennycog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 times in 971 posts

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/822...ction-in-libya

Now this remark by obama for his little spiel for the people is utterly disgusting.. quoted below..

"But we cannot stand idly by when a tyrant tells his people that there will be no mercy, and when his forces step up their assault on cities like Benghazi and Misrata where innocent men and women face brutality and death at the hands of their own government."

23. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Sorry, but I believe you are sorely deceived. France, in my opinion, want back into North Africa and a share of the oil spoils. Plenty of US/UK/European backed regimes slaughter their own people without a murmur - what is different about Libya?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Peacelovinman For This Post:

Icecold (20th March 2011)

25. Link to Post #18
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

If anyone really believes France or any other nations gives a toss about Libyans and that is why they are there, I have some real good snake oil for you guys.
    These are the same nations enslaving their own, yet we are led to believe they are freeing others?
    Erm, no.

26. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ahkenaten (here)
    maybe Obama and Hilary intend to parachute in and take charge
    Now there is a vision for you

Perhaps the artist who does the drawings on Rense could handle it.

27. Link to Post #20
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 times in 404 posts

Just imagine part of Iran under "green revolution" command....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast