+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Future On Another Planet (will past Earth conflicts resurface?)

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default The Future On Another Planet (will past Earth conflicts resurface?)

The Future on another Planet.

And so the year is 2525, and man has been living on this new Earthlike Planet for 51 years, with many newborn children, who only know about Earth by the stories that their parents have told them, and by the videos they have seen in their new schools,

And so the people have just experienced the first deaths on this new planet of theirs, a small gathering of friends and family is arranged and they say their personal goodbuys to the deceased , and then the body is removed and incinerated.

Many discussion then begin amongst the new children of this planet about the old Earth and its customs in relation to the death of a person and what was the meaning behind all those past religions,

And so one day a young man claimed to have had a mystical experience while out in the mountains alone, and when he went back into to his community he told them all of his experience, and one old man stood up and said that it reminded him of an ancient tale that happend on Earth thousands of years ago.

And from that day that young man became the centre of attraction for he had more of these mystical experience in which he was told to tell the people about.

He soon had many followers and they built a special place so they could meet once a week, and so all was well with this new way of life on this new planet.

Then new settlers came from Earth and these new people chose a different part of the planet, but because of the distance involved between the two new societies they rarely came into contact with each other.

Now these new settlers came from a part of old Earth that had a sort of ingrained religous belief that was infused into their upbringing from early childhood , and so even after hundreds of years since the ending of the Global religous wars on Earth these new settlers had retained their particular belief.

Fast forward another 50 years.

These two communities are now locked in an all out war because one deems the other,s lifestyle to be the work of the Devil.

And so my question is pretty obvious by my somewhat simplistic scenario of a story , as you can tell im not an author lol.
    So will we allow any sort of religous thinking or action to take hold in any new Earth settlements, and if not how could we prevent it from being expressed outwouldly.

Could we risk a repeat of what happend on Earth when all hell broke loose because of a religous belief.
    Last edited by Bob_2011; 27th March 2011 at 16:25.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob_2011 For This Post:

The HoppyBunny (30th March 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: The Future On Another Planet (will past Earth conflicts resurface?)

Hi mods, cant seem to correct my miss spelt word in the Heading, should read FUTURE, the edit page wont do it, can you guys correct it . thanks.

[Bill ~ Mod Hat On] THANKS BILL, YOUR A GENT.

Done
    Last edited by Bob_2011; 19th March 2011 at 17:13.

4. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

Default Re: The Future On Another Planet (will past Earth conflicts resurface?)

I am not sure what you are asking, so allow me to ask a few clarification questions.

What was the state of affairs on Earth before humans departed? Was it still an oligarchy? Did those settlers have an idea of soveriegnty? In short, were they more of the mind of contemporary society or were they of a liberated mindset, much as is discussed on Avalon and elsewhere?

The probability and/or inevitability of your theoretical story depends on what came before. I agree with what seems to be implied - that people (as they are now) tend to be complacent, ignorant, dogmatic, and a wealth of other implied weaknesses. If these are the majority of your proposed settlers, then yes I find that the situation is inevitable. That however, is only one possibility based entirely on the state that they came from.

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Well the year of departure from Earth would have been 2472 assuming a two year voyage to this new planet, but in respect to how life on Earth was being lived in the year 2472 is of course just my fantasy of a future Earth.

I would assume one particular society on Earth had reached a point in their technical ability to take this leap to another planet, so for the sake of this speculative scenario lets assume its the USA and the chosen ones for the NEW WORLD were chosen for their particular skills in all sorts of fields.

But they would have gone through an in depth psychological vetting process on all sorts of issues , and i guess one of those issues would have been personel religious beliefs, as im sure those who have made the plans for this new world would not want the past to come back and bite them so to speak.

And it may have been a precondition for the chosen ones that they held no or very little religious thoughts ,

But then like i said others came , from that part of Earth that had a different culture.

So if the pasts conflicks can be forseen in this future New World, then it would be part of the plan to stop these other settlers getting to your New World in the first place

So basicly im answering my own question .

Now im just wondereing if this New World has already been found.

6. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Thanks for the post! =D

+ Reply to Thread