+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fukushima As Bad as Chernobyl + New Radiation Map / Worse than imagined!

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member AlexanderLight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 times in 156 posts

Default Fukushima As Bad as Chernobyl + New Radiation Map / Worse than imagined!

Titles.
    Swedish Expert: "Fukushima As Bad as Chernobyl". + According to the "Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety" - France, the radioactive cloud will spread almost throughout the entire planet by March 26, 2011. + Chernobyl Radiation Map! - Read the Original Article HERE (www.HumansAreFree.com)

Frigyes Reisch is one of the leading experts on nuclear safety in the world. He worked for 27 years at the Swedish Nuclear Power Inspectorate, SKI. He has worked for the IAEA and with nuclear scientists on know how to judge nuclear incidents. Now he says – in an exclusive interview for Aftonbladet – the accident in Fukushima is as severe as Chernobyl. The release of radio activity is most likely in lethal doses.

The Japanese authorities classifies the disaster as a four on the seven Ines-scale, which means ”an accident without significant risk to the environment”. Reisch dismisses this as a cover-up:
    - They have economic interests. This is a seven. During my years at SKI, I would not have talked, but now I’m retired and can speak freely.
    - This is absolutely comparable with Chernobyl. It’s about the impact on a large area with many people and local release of radioactive material that is likely to be the case of lethal doses,” he says, Aftonbladet reports.

INES scale is set by the International Atomic Energy Agency, IAEA, and based on how a nuclear accident may cause risks to human health and the environment. The scale is logaritmic, meaning every step of the scale is about ten times worse than the previous.

The most serious nuclear accident in the world – the one in Chernobyl in 1986 – was classified to a seven.

Since the earthquake and tsunami last Friday, four nuclear power plants in northeastern Japan reported damage. Most serious damage appear to be in the Fukushima Daiichi complex where a meltdown or ”partial meltdown” has been found in Unit 1 and 3.
    ”The accident should be classified as the worst on the scale – Fukushima is as serious as Chernobyl”

Frigyes Reisch, 78, is associate professor of nuclear safety at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH). Over 27 years, until 1997, he worked for the Nuclear Power Inspectorate, SKI. In 1993 he worked a year for the IAEA as an international educator in the INES scale, including in Russia and the Czech Republic. Frigyes Reisch believes that the Japanese authorities blinds the dangers of Fukushima to keep people quiet – but there is also a national scope:
    - There is tremendous commercial interest in this. The entire world’s nuclear industry is Japanese.

As an example, he mention the second global nuclear power giant, General Electric Hitachi Nuclear Energy, has Japanese majority ownership.
    - Given all the rescue workers who worked closely with the affected units and inhaled radioactive steam, it´s in reality impossible to not die of radiation. It’s not good. I do not know how many people who live north of Fukushima, but I guess it is so densely populated that there are a few million,” said Frigyes Reisch.

So far, winds have been westerly and blowing out the radioactivity of the Pacific Ocean. But according to forecasts, they will during the day today to turn around and start blowing north – with the chance of precipitation. How far the radioactive particles can be spread is due to local conditions. After the Chernobyl accident Gavle, 1000 km from Chernobyl, had most radioactive precipitation in Sweden.
    (Original article: http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/jo...icle8707871.ab)

According to the "Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety" - France, the radioactive cloud will spread almost throughout the entire planet by March 26, 2011.

Map by:
    "Institut de Radioprotection et de Surete Nucleaire", France.
    (Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety)
    Homepage: http://www.irsn.fr

Model of dispersion, created March 19, 2011:
    http://www.irsn.fr/FR/popup/Pages/ir...ce_19mars.aspx

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlexanderLight For This Post:

dan i el (21st March 2011), jorr lundstrom (21st March 2011), kudzy (20th March 2011), thorfourwinds (21st August 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Default Re: Fukushima As Bad as Chernobyl + New Radiation Map / Worse than imagined!

how do you know which readings are most important out of the different categories?

how do those numbers compare to your Maps?

US Radiation Map

Colorado is over 4000 now...
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 20th March 2011 at 17:26.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Fukushima As Bad as Chernobyl + New Radiation Map / Worse than imagined!

Your link is not working, brother. And it's not my map, please check the links bellow. Thanks!

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

it is a goodle map couldn't figure out how to copy it here, scroll down the page that link is on

6. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    it is a goodle map couldn't figure out how to copy it here, scroll down the page that link is on
    Just post the link, bro.

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

being a member if you ever run into a link that doesn't work, just click reply with quote and it shows address, grab it from there and try again(just a hint).

https://cdxnode64.epa.gov/radnet-public/showMap.do

8. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member kudzy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

G'day y'all;
    I have so many questions regarding the Fukushima disaster I don't know where to begin. The information coming out of Japan is sparse, IMHO.

Ok, so the earthquake hits on Fri 3/11. The plants go into automatic shutdown and shuts down normally. Presumably grid power goes down since they are the grid power. Then the tsunami hits and wipes out the backup diesel generators. Now they are running on backup battery power. But they only have 8 hours of battery reserve. So my question; "Why didn't they get diesel generators flown in immediately?" Surely Japan must have some big ass generators lying around somewhere. This obviously should have been priority Number 1. How can you operate a Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) with only 8 hours of battery power? Why didn't they get their military to helicopter in generators ASAP?

But they didn't and on Sat 3/12 they start heating up. Without coolant being circulated it evaporates. The rods react with the steam and produces Hydrogen. The Hydrogen accumulates, ignites and boom, there goes Unit 1. Surely they knew this would happen without power to cool the reactors. Why weren't emergency pumper trucks sent in immediately to start pumping in seawater? (perhaps because the seawater contaminates the plant and makes it useless in the future) Ok, I understand the roads were blocked with tsunami debris. Well get bulldozers in ASAP and push the debris out of the way.

They keep talking about pressures building up. How do they know that without power? Does someone walk up to the reactor and look at a pressure gauge? I doubt it.

So one after the other they start blowing up. Then we find out that 40 years worth of spent fuel are stored in the reactors. According to the Rachel Maddow Show 3/16 ( http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#42121003) this is what was stored in each reactor;
    Reactor 1 - 70 tons in reactor - 50 tons of spent fuel
    Reactor 2 - 90 tons in reactor - 100 tons of spent fuel
    Reactor 3 - 90 tons in reactor - 90 tons of spent fuel
    Reactor 4 - 90 tons in reactor - 130 tons of spent fuel
    Reactor 5 - 90 tons in reactor - 160 tons of spent fuel
    Reactor 6 - 130 tons in reactor -150 tons of spent fuel

How much of that spent fuel is still there?

Now I'm no expert, actually I don't know jack about nuclear power, but judging from the diagram (see link below) and comparing it to the photos of the damage, it looks to me like the 90 tons of spent fuel rods in Reactor 3 are no longer there! Alex Jones is probably right when he says they were blow sky high, at least in reactor 3. I just don't see how the spent fuel pools could have survived the explosion in reactor 3, or reactor 4. The top blew off reactor 1 but apparently the top quarter (or so) of the building was made out of sheet metal and not reinforced concrete. So even though reactor 1 looks pretty bad the spent fuel pools are probably still intact, same with reactor 2.

Another big question that nobody seems to want to ask is, "What are the long term effects of all this seawater you're using to cool the plants when it flows back into the ocean?" Or perhaps it all just boils away. One nuclear 'expert' I listened too just kind of off the cuff says "will flow back to sea never to be seen of again". Yah right! So it won't accumulate and move up the foodchain?

Now they have brought in grid power from outside via an external line. Great, this is our big sign of hope that all will be ok. But how much of the various systems are still intact after the explosions? Not much judging by the photos of reactor 3 and 4.

Now, I would like to express my deepest most heart felt respect and gratitude to the Fukushima 50 (more like 200) who are making the supreme sacrifice, their lives, for the good of all humanity. I honor you!
    And also, to the TEPCO managing director Akio Komori who wept at a press release, I honor you too.

For me it is not a sigh of weakness to weep in public, it's a sign that you are human and that you have enough compassion in your heart to understand the enormity of this disaster and remorse.

The big tragedy here, in my mind, is that we don't even need to be using nuclear power. Free, clean Zero Point Energy exists and is being suppressed, see Wade Fraiser's threads for details.

I wish there was more detailed technical information coming out of Japan.
    I wish there was more discussion here at Project Avalon.

I understand the logistical problems caused by the tsunami and that this crisis is ongoing. I'm not trying to pin blame on the Japanese authorities. But we the people should demand a detailed investigation and we should be asking lots of questions. Everyday, for the past nine days, I check the web for new info and find next to nothing helpful. The Japanese authorities should be providing more info, the world needs to know....NOW. Not years from now.

My heart goes out to the Japanese people and all who will be affected by this disaster.

Goddess bless us ALL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Reaktor.svg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iGgWNynMdN...rch%2B2011.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...ay.2C_20_March
    Last edited by kudzy; 20th March 2011 at 23:12.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudzy For This Post:

Ammit (20th March 2011), ceetee9 (21st March 2011)

10. Link to Post #8
    Portugal Avalon Member
    Thanks

where are aliens to do something about this nnuclear stuff.. would this destroy nature? why they aren't acting in public...

bad sign..

11. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

well the cloud is on its way to Europe, only a few days away, we are all looking for answers...

I want to know the advisers name that brought up loading plutonium into the #3 reactor after the energy commission said they needed repairs back in 08...

someone brought the idea to the table, the question is, who...

12. Link to Post #10
    Deactivated
    Thanks

well the cloud is on its way to Europe, only a few days away, we are all looking for answers...

I want to know the advisers name that brought up loading plutonium into the #3 reactor after the energy commission said they needed repairs back in 08...

someone brought the idea to the table, the question is, who...
    Well it has to be much worse then their letting on then because they are already detecting radiation in Cali and that's the other way:

Fallout from Japan's nuclear plant reaches Calif.

8:17 a.m. MDT, March 18, 2011

Officials announced Friday morning that a small amount of fallout from Japan's nuclear plant has reached California.

Diplomats say it's not enough to do any harm, but it has people in the U.S. including in Utah, nervous. The Utah Department of Environmental Quality says it is on alert, constantly monitoring for elevated radiation levels.

"Things are changing moment to moment day to day in Japan and there's a possibility, but right now there are no immediate threats to citizens on the West Coast or the citizens of Utah," said Craig Jones of the Division of Radiation Control.
    Get It Now: FOX 13 News E-mail Newsletters and Text Message Alerts | Mobile Web Site and Smartphone Apps | Twitter and Facebook

Jones says there is no threat and says it is not necessary for people to purchase iodine pills to protect themselves. He also says there are serious side effects in some people when taking those pills.

Copyright © 2011, KSTU-TV

http://www.fox13now.com/news/local/k...,3172986.story[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Gone001; 20th March 2011 at 22:56.

13. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

well this is uncomfirmed (from a you tube comment) but wanted to share in case there is truth to it...

Quote Reactor #3 explosion was much larger because of the mox fuel/plutonium & uranium oxide mixture of the fuel rods. the radiation plume from reactor 1 is approaching our mainland sometime tomorrow/03182011. the plume from the mox/plutonium reactor will reach our mainland sometime between this next monday-wednesday-03212011-03232011....THIS IS THE PLUME TO ABSOLUTELY AVOID SINCE IT WILL CONTAIN PLUTONIUM MATERIAL/FRAGMENTS/DUST/ISOTOPES...

anyone able to find anything that confirms this?

14. Link to Post #12
    Cambodia Avalon Member ExHaLaTiON's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kudzy (here)
    G'day y'all;
    I have so many questions regarding the Fukushima disaster I don't know where to begin. The information coming out of Japan is sparse, IMHO.

Ok, so the earthquake hits on Fri 3/11.
    3 x 11 = 33

This has to be important as we know they like doing rituals on certain dates.

Nuclear power is a joke and they put the nuclear complexes on the most dangerous spot on earth.

Population reduction is moving gradually in pace.
    Is it your true self talking? Or is it your programmed self? Why do you spend hard earned money to look a certain way? Seriously. What made you think you have to look the way you look? Or sound the way you sound? People are self conscious because we've been trained that way. Perfect little consumers. Pets. Domesticated humans

15. Link to Post #13
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

well this is uncomfirmed (from a you tube comment) but wanted to share in case there is truth to it...

Quote Reactor #3 explosion was much larger because of the mox fuel/plutonium & uranium oxide mixture of the fuel rods. the radiation plume from reactor 1 is approaching our mainland sometime tomorrow/03182011. the plume from the mox/plutonium reactor will reach our mainland sometime between this next monday-wednesday-03212011-03232011....THIS IS THE PLUME TO ABSOLUTELY AVOID SINCE IT WILL CONTAIN PLUTONIUM MATERIAL/FRAGMENTS/DUST/ISOTOPES...

anyone able to find anything that confirms this?
    Hi Rocky your pm box is full I was going to Pm you this

Irish spirit and swami have been doing an impressive job of reporting at info 2012.

As I understand it the authorities are lying and the situation much worse than they care to admit.
    A mixture of spent rods were stored on top of one reactor and during one explosion they must have been blown up.
    That is very bad news.
    Irish is keeping us up to date moment by moment.
    That includes wind direction etc.
    Regards Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

fifi (24th March 2011), Rocky_Shorz (21st March 2011), sygh (21st March 2011)

17. Link to Post #14
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Double post so deleted
    Last edited by greybeard; 21st March 2011 at 00:14.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

18. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,205 times in 1,064 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)

Irish spirit and swami have been doing an impressive job of reporting at info 2012.

As I understand it the authorities are lying and the situation much worse than they care to admit.
    A mixture of spent rods were stored on top of one reactor and during one explosion they must have been blown up.
    That is very bad news.
    Irish is keeping us up to date moment by moment.
    That includes wind direction etc.
    Regards Chris
    Link please, Chris. Thank you.
    "In science, I discovered, you cannot find the Truth."
    --Marcel Messing (during an interview with Bill Ryan)

We demand Tesla technology

19. Link to Post #16
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,159 times in 1,845 posts

OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

fifi (24th March 2011), Maria Stade (21st March 2011)

21. Link to Post #17
    Botswana Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,208 times in 1,243 posts

http://www.radiationnetwork.com/

Click on this link for Messages updated as frequently as daily. It will answer a lot of your questions.

Welcome to RadiationNetwork.com, home of the National Radiation Map, depicting environmental radiation levels across the USA, updated in real time every minute. This is the first web site where the average citizen (or anyone in the world) can see what radiation levels are anywhere in the USA at any time (see Disclaimer below).

How the Map Works:

A growing number of Radiation Monitoring Stations across the country, using various models of Digital GeigerCounters, upload their Radiation Count data in real time to their computer using a Data Cable, and then over the Internet to this web site, all of this accomplished through GeigerGraph for Networks software.

How to Participate in the Nationwide Radiation Network:

If you want to join this nationwide grass roots effort to monitor the radiation in our environment, then this is all you need (click on the Software link):
    bullet Digital Geiger Counter (See models below)
    bullet GeigerGraph Software and Data Cable
    bullet Computer with Windows Operating System
    bullet Internet Access (Direct connection preferred)

World wide independant monitoring.

http://www.radiationnetwork.com/

22. The Following User Says Thank You to loveandgratitude For This Post:

kudzy (21st March 2011)

23. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Radiation was registered in California from the first explosion (first radiation cloud), but nothing after. This is strange, as the following explosions carried more radiation than the first one.

From the article (March 17):
    "I am really sorry to say this, but the first radiation cloud reached California (dangerous radiation from the explosion of Fukushima's first reactor).
    Radiation Danger is above 126. It stayed at 235 for over 20 minutes:

Source:
    http://HumansAreFree.com/2011/03/rad...d-reached.html

What if these websites are under US Government's control and don't present the truth anymore???

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexanderLight For This Post:

sheddie (24th March 2011)

25. Link to Post #19
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Here is an interesting link.
    Not sure if it is accurate, but something tells me it is possible.

BREAKING NEWS: Cyber Terror Led to Japanese Nuclear Meltdown

UNITED STATES of America - It can now be reported that the four nuclear reactors in Japan (one facing a meltdown) had their computer system hacked by a NSA computer virus, "Stuxnet", one month before the 9.1 earthquake and tsunami aka a meteorological "black op" hit the nation of Japan.

Note: Stuxnet is a U.S.-Israeli NSA computer virus that was developed to destabilize the nuclear program in the nation of Iran.

It directly attacks the coolant rods of a nuclear reactor.

Accordingly, this computer virus "Stuxnet" effectively disabled the fail-safe defense system of the Japanese nuclear reactors and was synchronized to take place at the time of the 9.1 qua

http://www.myspace.com/tom_heneghan_...blog/542442443

26. Link to Post #20
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,990 times in 1,091 posts

Quote The worm initially spreads indiscriminately, but includes a highly specialized malware payload that is designed to target only Siemens Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems that are configured to control and monitor specific industrial processes.[6][7] Stuxnet infects PLCs by subverting the Step-7 software application that is used to reprogram these devices.[8]
    Different variants of Stuxnet targeted five Iranian organisations,[9] with the probable target widely suspected to be uranium enrichment infrastructure in Iran;[10][11] Symantec noted in August 2010 that 60% of the infected computers worldwide were in Iran.[12] Siemens stated on November 29 that the worm has not caused any damage to its customers,[13] but the Iran nuclear program, which uses embargoed Siemens equipment procured clandestinely, has been damaged by Stuxnet.[14][15][16][17] Kaspersky Labs concluded that the sophisticated attack could only have been conducted "with nation-state support"[18] and it has been speculated that Israel may have been involved.[19]
    Do the Fukushima reactors use Seimens Control Systems?

SCADA
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCADA

SCADA stands for supervisory control and data acquisition. It generally refers to industrial control systems: computer systems that monitor and control industrial, infrastructure, or facility-based processes, as described below:
    Industrial processes include those of manufacturing, production, power generation, fabrication, and refining, and may run in continuous, batch, repetitive, or discrete modes.
    Infrastructure processes may be public or private, and include water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, oil and gas pipelines, electrical power transmission and distribution, Wind farms, civil defense siren systems, and large communication systems.
    Facility processes occur both in public facilities and private ones, including buildings, airports, ships, and space stations. They monitor and control HVAC, access, and energy consumption.

Typical Basic SCADA
    Last edited by Icecold; 21st March 2011 at 16:57.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast