+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inspiration: We can all be interviewers

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member sunnyrap's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Inspiration: We can all be interviewers

This is an inspiring video by a guy who decided to see what would happen if he just started interviewing people he rode the NYC subway with everyday: who were they; why were they there--then asked them profound questions...most inspiring:

http://www.republicmagazine.com/vide...eep-going.html

I was struck by how many opportunities we waste every day to have meaningful connection with the poeple around us...and how enriching it is when we do decide to do it.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sunnyrap For This Post:

aroundthetable (23rd March 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (23rd March 2011), GK76 (23rd March 2011), king anthony (23rd March 2011), Lancelot (23rd March 2011), Platinum (23rd March 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Inspiration: We can all be interviewers

Thanks, that was a good watch.

I love the way we can feel a connection with people we've never met before (at least in this lifetime), from just a brief moment in their company.

A couple of the people interviewed in the video, had that effect for me; where it feels a privilege to have 'known' them in some small way, even if for just a fleeting moment in time.

Makes you wonder, how many kindred spirits we pass by on the street each day, as we go about the living of our lives.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Platinum For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (23rd March 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Your post reminds me how history and the telling of the real human story is disgracefully co-opted by the likes of royal families, politicians, generals and other parasites.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aroundthetable For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (23rd March 2011), Lord Sidious (24th March 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

Thank you for sharing this post - it is real, even though some of the people interviewed had put 'the mask' on; it tells much.

It would be an amazing project by the people of Project Avalon\Camelot to do the same, wherever they live. For the people (here) to collectively pre-script the questions and everyone post the results of the effort.

Imagine the amazing discoveries to be made and the conversations that may follow.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Beautiful...best video I've watched in a long, long time.

Quote Posted by king anthony (here)
    It would be an amazing project by the people of Project Avalon\Camelot to do the same, wherever they live. For the people (here) to collectively pre-script the questions and everyone post the results of the effort.

Imagine the amazing discoveries to be made and the conversations that may follow.
    I like that idea, if you had the opportunity to ask a perfect stranger a single question what would you want to find out?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (23rd March 2011), king anthony (23rd March 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

Default Re: Inspiration: We can all be interviewers

A good question to be asked for the 'Project Avalon Street Interview (PASI) could be;

'If sacrifice was the standard of achievement - how would human beings, as a whole, be rated/judged and why?'

12. The Following User Says Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Great post, thanks.
    Its good to talk to people- Im astounded by the amount of love out there!
    It shows that the average person really loves and cares about the world.
    Everyone should talk to a stranger they meet at least once a day.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lancelot For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (23rd March 2011), modwiz (23rd March 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Darla Ken Pearce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,609 times in 1,338 posts

We have been brainwashed all our lives to believe the worst of people. What has been forgotten is that it is only a mere 1.5% that is corrupt and predatory. Some circumstances have been portrayed to make humans look like slavering wolves yet it is not your average person who is the predator at large. Our world has been turned upsidedown and we are only now getting ready to fix it. We are all Divine creations of a loving creator. Long held back from our own light and power ~ we now go forth into a new day with the courage necessary to do things differently this time.

It is also not just strangers who are so interesting. I remember going with co-workers for lunch and having an unusual cloud cover that day and one of them, a good friend, rattled off the proper formal name for it ~ and I was amazed to learn that she had worked at an Air Force Weather Station for seven years and was an expert. Who knew? So, we don't always know the person we work next to either. My last house, I had a submarine commander (retired) next door. He had been in secret ops ~ and knew a lot of things. How many others are ripe for the picking? So many are retiring now with all the baby boomers. What a possible bonanza there, eh? If you can look at everyone as a great source for fascinating special interest stories ~ how great it that? It certainly puts the charm back into life for those willing to spend a little time. Think of each person as having a special piece of the puzzle of life and get on it!

This would be a great project with a lot of positive feedback available and not the usual going down the old dark paths over and over again and coming up with basically the same 3D results! We can always go higher ~ and if necessary fumble our way into 5D. Stranger things have happened and just last week ; ) xoxoxox

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darla Ken Pearce For This Post:

karelia (23rd March 2011), Platinum (24th March 2011)

+ Reply to Thread