+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How about living beyond our own Spiritual Selfishness? Quotes from "The Quest.

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member Victoria Tintagel's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How about living beyond our own Spiritual Selfishness? Quotes from "The Quest.

Hey Avaloneans, I wish you a most lovely day and I like to share some thoughts with you, food for thoughts in you, I hope. I wonder as to what extent you recognise these thoughts and how you feel about them. What are your experiences, living through the present changes, if you are aware of them?

Here it is:
    We all live through changes, in Earth's physical plane as well as in vibrational level.
    On a personal and non personal level. An invitation to our love for ourselves, step into the integrity of oneself. A sparking of our divine love, our divine will, to act according the truth of our life in this time and place. When our belief systems and convictions form a wall around our energy/space, we're creating our reality according to those. They send out their energy as affirmations and reality mirrors them back to us. It's the way we, as humans, go through our lives, no exception. It's the moment when we contemplate the huge field, the Universe around us, when we begin to ask ourselves "Who am I?" when sleeping parts of yourself hear that call and begin to stir and stretch, to awaken to that call. We are all part of that "expedition", that search will never end, I think.

Now is the time, that those walls of our belief system, the survival of our ego, start to crumble, as they don't serve us anymore, unless we choose to live in fear. Earthquakes do that literally. Duality conscousness is dissolving and when this is happening in the critical mass of people on Earth, all will experience a state of wholeness again. A knowing that we are all One, in essence. I believe that is part of the Creation process of the New Earth.

Chaos and Eros are the twin forces, to move and change what has become rigid and frozen. Thawing does show you the pain, hidden away for a time, but never gone away until its face is recognised. The wonder of our emotions is that they are showing you who you truly are, so that the road before you is the road you choose, based on your true Self. Emotions are our kids as it were, we create them ourselves and they should be taken care of, with compassion and humour.

Quote Eros is Love, who overpowers the mind, and tames the spirit in the breasts of both gods and men.
    Quote Yo soy el Dios poderoso
    En el aire y en la tierra
    Y en el ancho mar undoso
    Y en cuanto el abismo encierra
    En su báratro espantoso.
    Nunca conocí qué es miedo;
    Todo cuanto quiero puedo,
    Aunque quiera lo imposible,
    Y en todo lo que es posible
    Mando, quito, pongo y vedo.

(Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quijote de la Mancha, Segunda Parte, Capítulo XX)

My name is Love, supreme my sway.
    The greatest god and greatest pain,
    Air, earth, and seas, my power obey,
    And gods themselves must drag my chain.
    In every heart my throne I keep,
    Fear ne'er could daunt my daring soul;
    I fire the bosom of the deep,
    And the profoundest hell control.

(Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote, Part II, Chapter XX).
    Here's a quote from the book "The Quest" by Tom Brown jr. a book about Life in Wilderness, that I choose to post hee, because it expresses the meaning of transpersonal Vision and access to our Higher Self. Grandfather and Tom discuss the importance of life within modern society, teaching the wisdom of the wilderness, the visions of Earth's love and living with God/Spirit.
    This conversation is dated 1962.

Grandfather speaking: ...."I suspect" he continued, "that it is but one bird that creates the thought that turns the flock, and the one thought becomes immediately manifested in all others: the individual then transcends self and becomes one with the whole. Thus, at once, the bird moves within the flock and the flock moves within the bird. So then do not ask what you can do to affect the life force in a positive way, for the same spirit that moves within the birds, also moves within you.

One person, one idea, one thought can turn the flock of society away from the destructive path of modern times. It is not a question as to whether we make a difference, for we all make a difference, each of us in our own way. It's the difference we make that is important.

The choice to go back to the world of man is not yours or mine; it is the world of spirit that sends us each to his capacity, each in his own way. I am living my Vision and teaching the way that Vision dictates, and some day, you must do the same"

"But how will I know what to teach, where to go, and who to reach with the teaching?"
    I asked (Tom Brown jr.)

"The way and the means will be made manifest through Vision and from the direction of the world of spirit" Grandfather said, "so make no concern about these things, for to a person living beyond his own spiritual selfishness, the way will become clear: thus if a person is attuned to the world of the spirit, the world of Vision and working for things beyond his or her self, then the path and time to act becomes clear. Until then, allow the spirit of the Earth and the Creator to teach, and the Vision Quest to guide, and all else will become reality"

I then told Grandfather that it didn't seem far that a man could not live his life in wilderness, if that was his choice. Grandfather responded emphatically, saying "In these desperate times, when the Earth is dying, there can be no rest, no running away for each of us in our own way, must work to change the probable future of mankind.

For if modern man destroys himself, then we are personally responsible, and we are destroyed also. Each then is accountable for the future".

Be in grace, Victoria Tintagel
    Last edited by Victoria Tintagel; 24th March 2011 at 06:53. Reason: arranging text

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Victoria Tintagel For This Post:

exponentialist (24th March 2011), ktlight (24th March 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member exponentialist's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: How about living beyond our own Spiritual Selfishness? Quotes from "The Quest.

Thank you for a beautiful post Victoria Tintagel.

Quote "thus if a person is attuned to the world of the spirit, the world of Vision and working for things beyond his or her self, then the path and time to act becomes clear. Until then, allow the spirit of the Earth and the Creator to teach, and the Vision Quest to guide, and all else will become reality"
    No doubt many here have already seen the following, but it seems like a good place to repeat it, in hopes that it's a contribution to the intent of this thread.

It is time to speak your Truth.

Create your community.
    Be good to each other.
    And do not look outside yourself for the leader.

This could be a good time.

There is a river flowing now, very fast.
    It is so great and so swift that there are those who will be afraid.
    They will try to hold on to the shore.
    They will feel like they are being torn apart and they will suffer greatly.
    Know the river has its destination.
    The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off toward the middle of the river.
    Keep our eyes open and our heads above the water.

See who is there with you and celebrate.

At this time in history we are to take nothing personally, least of all ourselves.
    For the moment we do, our spiritual growth and journey come to a halt.

The time of the lonely wolf is over.
    Gather yourselves.

Banish the word struggle from your attitude and vocabulary.

All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and celebration.

We are the ones we have been waiting for.

The Elders
    Oraibi, Arizona.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exponentialist For This Post:

ktlight (24th March 2011), Victoria Tintagel (24th March 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

Default Re: How about living beyond our own Spiritual Selfishness? Quotes from "The Quest.

Quote Posted by Victoria Tintagel (here)
    "The way and the means will be made manifest through Vision and from the direction of the world of spirit" Grandfather said, "so make no concern about these things, for to a person living beyond his own spiritual selfishness, the way will become clear: thus if a person is attuned to the world of the spirit, the world of Vision and working for things beyond his or her self, then the path and time to act becomes clear. Until then, allow the spirit of the Earth and the Creator to teach, and the Vision Quest to guide, and all else will become reality"

I then told Grandfather that it didn't seem far that a man could not live his life in wilderness, if that was his choice. Grandfather responded emphatically, saying "In these desperate times, when the Earth is dying, there can be no rest, no running away for each of us in our own way, must work to change the probable future of mankind.

For if modern man destroys himself, then we are personally responsible, and we are destroyed also. Each then is accountable for the future".
    Thank you for bringing this very timely post. I think we will all get it!

And thank you exponentialist too, especially the line 'All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and celebration'
    Last edited by ktlight; 24th March 2011 at 13:49.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

exponentialist (4th April 2011), jjl (24th March 2011), Victoria Tintagel (24th March 2011)

+ Reply to Thread