+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Are people really this dumb?

1. Link to Post #61
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re:  Are people really this dumb?

Quote Posted by cowens66 (here)
    Quote Above there is a post with poor grammar (there is Americans). However, I wouldn't automatically conclude that this person is dumb.
    Your post is right after mine so when I saw this quote I got a bit of a start. Though there are no letters after my name I have a thing about grammar.

I'm not saying you won't find any mistakes in there, it's longer than it should be so there is a chance.

I don't think it's mine but I started thinking, what if it was? Made me feel a bit bad and embarrassed.

Maybe it's better not to point out such things. I'm not criticizing, just pointing out that it may make someone feel bad.

Connie
    No Connie, my comments were not directed to you at all. Your post was well thought out and beautifully expressed. Your points are extremely valid and people should listen.

Unfortunately, in trying to spare the feeling of the poster I had attempted to jab, I created that confusion by not being clear enough. That poster was harshly criticizing the intelligence of Americans and deserved being called out, in my opinion. That ended up being done much better by Dennis Jonathan.

In this case it wasn't the grammatical error itself, but the placement of the error in a paragraph full of judgment. It was that dichotomy that got the mention, not the simple error. I'm sorry Connie if I caused you any discomfort by not identifying the exact post. We all make plenty of errors that way and I'm no different. But posters who are calling anybody else dumb had better prove that they can at least get subject and verb to agree.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LindyLou22 For This Post:

modwiz (28th March 2011)

3. Link to Post #62
    United States Avalon Member Providence's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Are people really this dumb?

I live in the US, and I think this video is pretty telling. I am sitting here with the TV tuned to CNN national news, Japan has just had a 6.5 earthquake and is now under a Tsunami watch, and although the news from Japan got at least a one-two minute segment, it was quickly switched off and now we're back to all of the useless fluff, like cool smartphone apps, or the latest on Charlie Sheen's rant, and that probably represents at least 60-70% of our daily 'news' programming.
    I keep 5 network news channels up on the TV screen, switching between channels to try and catch any information on the status of Japan's nuclear reactors, but there is little or no new reporting going on. What about radiation? Who is this going to affect, how much radiation is escaping.... not important, they don't want to alarm us here in the states, such BS!
    The news media in the states is in the business of entertainment, increasing market shares, and 'filtering/censoring' disturbing information away from the general public. Sites such as this one and other alternative news sites are the only places my wife and I can go to get some real news on the status of the world's events. Even when it comes to the upheaval in the middle east.
    Sadly, Americans have become too addicted to the world of entertainment and sports, and they have become lazy, putting too much trust in the news media to provide them the information they need to properly understand what is going on in the world.
    There are a lot of sleeping people in this country, there are a lot of people, just like the ones in this video, whose education and government have failed them. I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry when I watched this, because to some degree, it represents the truth on how our corporation-based government has been so successful in accomplishing the dumbing down of America's citizens.
    Sad!!!
    Peace to all!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Providence For This Post:

Chicodoodoo (28th March 2011), K626 (28th March 2011)

5. Link to Post #63
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Chatting with Horatio, on a bridge between Hope and Hemlock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 times in 445 posts

There was one question in the video that was answered correctly ... comes near the end of the video, e.g. a question about Al CIAda. The interviewer - in trying to ridicule the old man who answered the question correctly - appears to be a tad indoctrinated, himself. I'll refrain from making the boorish equation of indoctrinated with dumb, for that is a colloquial equation whose time has passed. IMHO, the relevant equation today is people with sheeple ... and precisely because sheeple is a category that excludes no one, e.g. runs the brand gamut from the dumbest, dumber, and dumb to the smart, smarter, and smartest.

Answer: Al Qaeda is a wing of the masonic order. <--------------- Is there anybody here who seriously disputes the connection between the masonic order and Al Qaeda?

6. Link to Post #64
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 653 posts

Quote Posted by Zook (here)
    Answer: Al Qaeda is a wing of the masonic order. <--------------- Is there anybody here who seriously disputes the connection between the masonic order and Al Qaeda?
    Ummm..... Me?

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure I can make a connection between Al Qaeda and anything. The propaganda and misinformation I have been subjected to is so well done that I can't be certain about much. One thing I am certain of, however, is that I am constantly being bombarded by propaganda and misinformation designed to make me uncertain. It's working. But I know it's working, so that gives me something to work with, and something to be certain about.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chicodoodoo For This Post:

Cottage Rose (28th March 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (28th March 2011), indiana (28th March 2011), Zook (28th March 2011)

8. Link to Post #65
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

American, my friends of the neighbouring country,
    You might like me with this one, here is the proof that dumbing down is widespread worldwide

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Hervé (28th March 2011), modwiz (28th March 2011), Providence (28th March 2011)

10. Link to Post #66
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Ouch! Yikes! WTF? This has to be a sub-species of human. We are watching a fork in an evolutionary line in real time.

11. Link to Post #67
    United States Avalon Member Providence's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    You might like me with this one, here is the proof that dumbing down is widespread worldwide

Thank you Flash, I also believe that this is a worldwide problem. And I believe that the people of many other nations are somewhat justified in their disdain for America, for what it has done, for what it has become. But not all Americans believe in the service-to-self propaganda that is preached by the political leadership and corporate bureaucracy. Not all Americans are drinking the Kool-Aid.

:-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Providence For This Post:

Flash (28th March 2011)

13. Link to Post #68
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Chicodoodoo (here)
    Ummm..... Me?
    To tell you the truth, I'm not sure I can make a connection between Al Qaeda and anything. The propaganda and misinformation I have been subjected to is so well done that I can't be certain about much. One thing I am certain of, however, is that I am constantly being bombarded by propaganda and misinformation designed to make me uncertain. It's working. But I know it's working, so that gives me something to work with, and something to be certain about.
    When one lacks solid footing - as in quicksand - it's always best that one reaches in the direction of a friend who is standing on hard ground and is extending forth a branch.

Al Qaeda was created by the bankster empire to further the bankster empire's agenda of chaos in advance of a dark globalist order. <---------------- A branch. Your choice to take it or leave it.

14. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

these are dumb questions from all over the world about Canada with very funny answers from Canadians

Last edited by Flash; 28th March 2011 at 01:42.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Hervé (28th March 2011)

16. Link to Post #70
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ummm..... Me?

Although I'm not sure if Al Qaeda originated with the Skull and Crossbones crowd, they certainly ran with the idea and profited wildly from it. To most Americans the Skull and Crossbones version is the real deal. At least the Fox News version, real or imaginary, would qualify as being Masonic, as far as I understand the reaches of the Masonic Temples as they are today. It was that version of AQ that sold the Iraq war. It also took many eyes off of Cheney and Rove and gave them a way to avoid scrutiny.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LindyLou22 For This Post:

Chicodoodoo (28th March 2011)

18. Link to Post #71
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

This is nothing but someone's choice to belittle a people by taping stupid answers of some from that society. I am quite sure that there are plenty of people who know where various countries are, how many sides a triangle has, and who Fidel Castro is. Negative vids like this while amusing makes me wonder what is put into the spirit of those watching it. I'd much rather see something like this:

or

Much more uplifting and show that we have some great people here in America who are more interested in bring others together and doing great things because it's just the right thing to do.

Namaste

19. Link to Post #72
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 653 posts

When one lacks solid footing - as in quicksand - it's always best that one reaches in the direction of a friend who is standing on hard ground and is extending forth a branch.

Al Qaeda was created by the bankster empire to further the bankster empire's agenda of chaos in advance of a dark globalist order. <---------------- A branch. Your choice to take it or leave it.
    There's probably some truth to that (that also describes propaganda, unfortunately). Here's another branch I was offered a while back:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pZ_HlmP1aZk

There are so many branches, how do I choose? So I grabbed a bunch of them, looked at what they had in common, and concluded that Al Qaeda was a deceptive fabrication. I still can't be sure exactly where the fabrication originated, but the CIA is heavily implicated, and the CIA is likely directed by the rich sociopaths controlling the central banks and the creation of our money, because that's where the real power lies. So Al Qaeda was created by the bankster empire to further the bankster empire's agenda of chaos in advance of a dark globalist order? Yeah, that's probably the jist of it, even if it is a little broad and lacking details.

But you get my point. It's a magic show, and the magician does everything he can to fool the audience and keep them guessing.
    Last edited by Chicodoodoo; 28th March 2011 at 04:24.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chicodoodoo For This Post:

Cottage Rose (28th March 2011), Zook (28th March 2011)

21. Link to Post #73
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,112 times in 828 posts

Quote Posted by Providence (here)
    I live in the US, and I think this video is pretty telling. I am sitting here with the TV tuned to CNN national news, Japan has just had a 6.5 earthquake and is now under a Tsunami watch, and although the news from Japan got at least a one-two minute segment, it was quickly switched off and now we're back to all of the useless fluff, like cool smartphone apps, or the latest on Charlie Sheen's rant, and that probably represents at least 60-70% of our daily 'news' programming.
    I keep 5 network news channels up on the TV screen, switching between channels to try and catch any information on the status of Japan's nuclear reactors, but there is little or no new reporting going on. What about radiation? Who is this going to affect, how much radiation is escaping.... not important, they don't want to alarm us here in the states, such BS!
    The news media in the states is in the business of entertainment, increasing market shares, and 'filtering/censoring' disturbing information away from the general public. Sites such as this one and other alternative news sites are the only places my wife and I can go to get some real news on the status of the world's events. Even when it comes to the upheaval in the middle east.
    Sadly, Americans have become too addicted to the world of entertainment and sports, and they have become lazy, putting too much trust in the news media to provide them the information they need to properly understand what is going on in the world.
    There are a lot of sleeping people in this country, there are a lot of people, just like the ones in this video, whose education and government have failed them. I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry when I watched this, because to some degree, it represents the truth on how our corporation-based government has been so successful in accomplishing the dumbing down of America's citizens.
    Sad!!!
    Peace to all!
    But do you think it applies to the whole of the States?

Friends who have been around the US say that New York is generally much better reagarding an overview and understanding of wider matters.

K

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Providence (here)
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)

Thank you Flash, I also believe that this is a worldwide problem. And I believe that the people of many other nations are somewhat justified in their disdain for America, for what it has done, for what it has become. But not all Americans believe in the service-to-self propaganda that is preached by the political leadership and corporate bureaucracy. Not all Americans are drinking the Kool-Aid.

:-)
    Thought the Canadians were much better (apart from the one who admitted he was American).

K
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

22. Link to Post #74
    Thanks

What I understand here is that people from every country like to make fun of those from other countries and some people are more willing to make fun of themselves than others. To do this, they will usually pick a trait that seems characteristic of the country made fun of and enhance it dramatically. The fun stop when insults of hard core beliefs start to replace humour. With this in mind, my second videos on foreigners questions about Canada is a jewel of humour, as long as Swedes and American are not hurt from the questions supposedly from them.

Talking about one's nationality is always a touchy topic, we cannot know if our humour hurts someone else, sense of humour being quite local in fact. To me it describes the state of brainwashing we all are in. Why can't we just be all human beings, with some flaws, that are sometimes shared by a whole group (call it country or otherwise) and some talents shared as well by the same group.

I have seen flaws of my own country with a magnifying glass when living abroad, and this was beneficial. God do we see ourselves when living some other values/beliefs. I can now share what I saw in a soft manner with my countrymen/women.

It is, however, absolutely astonishing how little awareness we have of one another, on a collective level (country to country), which I think is often also relfected on an individual level. And how much is done to keep it that way. "Ignorance is bliss" but not on a small planet like ours anymore!

And this is what I like of Avalon, a collection of open human beings from all over, carrying sometimes with them their national flaws and qualities, and their individual flaws and qualities.

This is what we, human, are about.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Chicodoodoo (29th March 2011), Hervé (28th March 2011), Providence (28th March 2011)

24. Link to Post #75
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

There's probably some truth to that (that also describes propaganda, unfortunately). Here's another branch I was offered a while back:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=pZ_HlmP1aZk
    Well ... don't confuse a thick branch with a thin twig. There are half-truths in the BBC video. Still, the part about Al Qaeda being fake is true.

Quote There are so many branches, how do I choose? So I grabbed a bunch of them, looked at what they had in common, and concluded that Al Qaeda was a deceptive fabrication. I still can't be sure exactly where the fabrication originated, but the CIA is heavily implicated, and the CIA is likely directed by the rich sociopaths controlling the central banks and the creation of our money, because that's where the real power lies. So Al Qaeda was created by the bankster empire to further the bankster empire's agenda of chaos in advance of a dark globalist order? Yeah, that's probably the jist of it, even if it is a little broad and lacking details.
    But you get my point. It's a magic show, and the magician does everything he can to fool the audience and keep them guessing.
    But of course. Indeed, we don't need to know whether the park bench is constructed from oak, spruce, teak, mahogany, redwood ... before we rest our weight upon it. The mere fact that it is a park bench (with full function and without all the intricate details of construction) ... is a sufficient and kindly piece of information for my weary legs.

To wit, as the mandrake and magician works the stage, it is sufficient to surround the stage - as well the droproom beneath the stage - so that the mandrake and magician doesn't have access to this-worldly means of escaping. There's not much we can do about other-worldly means of access, granted.
    Last edited by Zook; 31st March 2011 at 16:33.

25. Link to Post #76
    Canada Avalon Member
    Originally from Quebec city, now in western NY
    Thanks

These kind of videos are heavily edited. They don't prove that everyone is an idiot.

I am from Canada and I married an American. We live in the States. We both agree that the education system has decayed on both sides of the border since we were in school. We're both in our 50s and we got the heavy education, lots of homework and reports to write. We adopted kids from foster and I am stupefied by the school's curriculum, especially in high school. It is light. .

It's easier to manipulate uneducated people. Add to the mix mainstream media who don't report real news anymore, the distractions with smart phones or whatever new game console is coming up, social network with addicting games, and you get someone malleable because they can't perceive beyond the surface.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vbt For This Post:

Chicodoodoo (29th March 2011), Nyce555 (31st March 2011)

27. Link to Post #77
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

There’s a wealth of knowledge out there, but all of it will not be useful to everyone. With that said, much will be past by/ forgotten/ or even unlearned. However, each and every last one of us will still have something valuable to teach the whole. I guess it’s safe to say that the only thing we can truly master is the masking of our own individual stupidity. The vid should be an eye opener because it depicts our insensible inane ability to set standards…yet, another obstacle we must overcome, together.

Peace

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

Flash (28th March 2011)

29. Link to Post #78
    TimelessDimensions

I may be wrong but I have a feeling most of these people will incarnate on another 3rd density planet for the next 26,000 years.. LOL!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to TimelessDimensions For This Post:

Siberia9 (3rd April 2011)

31. Link to Post #79
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,112 times in 828 posts

Quote Posted by vbt (here)
    These kind of videos are heavily edited. They don't prove that everyone is an idiot.

I am from Canada and I married an American. We live in the States. We both agree that the education system has decayed on both sides of the border since we were in school. We're both in our 50s and we got the heavy education, lots of homework and reports to write. We adopted kids from foster and I am stupefied by the school's curriculum, especially in high school. It is light. .

It's easier to manipulate uneducated people. Add to the mix mainstream media who don't report real news anymore, the distractions with smart phones or whatever new game console is coming up, social network with addicting games, and you get someone malleable because they can't perceive beyond the surface.
    Those kinds of interiews always remind me of when Liconln echo 6 (iirc) and the blonde break out of the complex and find themselves in the real world. (The Island),

K
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

32. Link to Post #80
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 times in 800 posts

Ummm..... Me?
    I wonder if zook will ever make a post without using a metaphor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast