+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: 70 Christian Metal Books Found. Believed To Be Earliest Christian Writings. 2000+years old (Jordan Codices)

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default 70 Christian Metal Books Found. Believed To Be Earliest Christian Writings. 2000+years old (Jordan Codices)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/51540533/L...-Press-Release

That's the official press release on the story. It'd be interesting to see how this plays out. If such findings will effect the religion at all.

I am not christian. Just a disclaimer lol.

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to jookyle For This Post:

Billy (31st March 2011), bluestflame (1st April 2011), buckminster fuller (31st March 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (29th March 2011), Davidallany (6th July 2011), Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2017), Gardener (29th March 2011), ghostrider (10th June 2012), GK76 (29th March 2011), hardrock (29th March 2011), Hervé (31st March 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (30th March 2011), Jake (31st March 2011), John Parslow (30th March 2011), kathymarie (25th August 2011), magicmanx (3rd April 2011), Maia Gabrial (30th August 2011), MariaDine (30th March 2011), Muzz (1st April 2011), Pilgrim (31st March 2011), The HoppyBunny (29th March 2011), Timreh (8th January 2012), truthseekerdan (30th March 2011), Violet (25th August 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: 70 Christian Metal Books Found. Believed To Be Earliest Christian Writings. 2000+years old (Jordan Codices)

Wouldn't the Vatican be using all their clout to snuff this out or hide it if it was of any relevance? Just food for thought. Any amount of ancient writings and history are good for us to recover.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hardrock For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (29th March 2011), Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2017), GK76 (29th March 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Darla Ken Pearce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,609 times in 1,338 posts

Default Re: 70 Christian Metal Books Found. Believed To Be Earliest Christian Writings. 2000+years old (Jordan Codices)

We have been told that all will be revealed ~ so this is not unexpected ~ it remains to be seen what these books will reveal but for sure, know that whatever our belief systems are ~ they will be clarified and seen for how they have held us back in progress built lie upon lie upon lie. This clarity is necessary in order to go forward as we certainly got bogged down in negative illusions.

Along with all the old systems; religious, financial, value, conflict, wars, all must fall away in order for the New Golden Age to be manifested. As we have all been held captive and I'm not aware of any exceptions, it will be shocking to everyone ~ when the full extent of lies is revealed. Nevertheless, if we want to change our world into one of no harm to any being and equality for each being no matter status ~ these truths must come forth to lead and clear the way. Level the playing field for all time. Take these revelations as a precious release from the old concepts that imprisoned and enslaved us for longer than you're going to believe possible and through many, many lifetimes. As the reincarnation cycles kept us enslaved for 13 million years, we did benefit from our experiences, however, all these lives meant we kept coming back to serve masters that are not ours. We are the true Masters and now, our day has come to remember and ascend with the earth. Not caught up in these old cycles. It's a choice you will be making for yourself and it's as easy to ascend as to ask your own higher power within to be placed on the ascension timeline ~ it's here and this choice will be made one way or another.

It has been easy to keep us under dark powers because we created some of the blinders ourselves and joined religions that put ashes over our third eyes with our full permission. It is possible to overcome these lies but a certain courage will be called to come forth from our own hearts in order to accept, forgive, and move forward into the light of a new renaissance of spirit. And so it is... xoxox
    Ep 6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Even so, let your light shine and keep it real...

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Darla Ken Pearce For This Post:

GK76 (29th March 2011), kathymarie (25th August 2011), kersley (19th April 2011), Loren (19th April 2011), Maia Gabrial (30th August 2011), Nasu (13th April 2011), OmeyocaN777 (30th March 2011), Pilgrim (31st March 2011), The HoppyBunny (29th March 2011), transiten (3rd December 2016), truthseekerdan (30th March 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

These are truly interesting times... still, can't help wondering what the devious little sods are up to now.

I agree with hardrock; the Vatican would be all over this usually, trying to protect their interests from the unknown (it's bad for business).

Apparently these things were unearthed between 2005-2007, strange that they only now hit the headlines.

Interesting addition from BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12888421
    Last edited by GK76; 29th March 2011 at 23:19.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GK76 For This Post:

Billy (31st March 2011), Maia Gabrial (30th August 2011), MariaDine (30th March 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

I agree for the sake of clearing out, certain religous "biases" ...assuming that these ancient texts contained any information that might contradict any current religous propoganda...perhaps, people might BE MORE OPEN to walking through life without wearing a hat that completely covers their eyes and face.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The HoppyBunny For This Post:

HURRITT ENYETO (30th March 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 times in 676 posts

Part of me is excited, part of me is suspicious.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to noprophet For This Post:

Belle (29th March 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (30th March 2011), kathymarie (25th August 2011), The HoppyBunny (29th March 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I think we give to much credit to "the powers that be".

14. Link to Post #8
    England Avalon Member HURRITT ENYETO's Avatar
    Over the Moon Under the Sun. Manchester UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,333 times in 531 posts

I wont be holding my breath to ever find out what was really written in it.
    The Universe at its heart is a Phantom.
    God sleeps in the Minerals, Awakens in Plants, Walks in the Animals and Thinks in Man.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HURRITT ENYETO For This Post:

kathymarie (25th August 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    Australia Avalon Member str8thinker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 times in 530 posts

Isn't this all part of the plan of Project Blue Beam?

Quote Step One

Step One is the breakdown of all archaeological knowledge. This will apparently be accomplished by faking earthquakes at precise locations around the planet. These locations will supposedly have fake "discoveries" to convince humanity that "new discoveries will finally explain to all people the error of all fundamental religious doctrines."

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Project_Blue_Beam
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still time. BELIEVE. There is GOOD out there. We OPpose DECEPTION. COnduit CLOSING.
    - Crabwood crop circle, 2002.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to str8thinker For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (30th August 2011), Ramdass528 (30th March 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

And Christians around the world hold their breath thinking only one thing....

"Please, no more commandments!"

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mister_m For This Post:

annieVee (10th June 2012), Lord Sidious (31st March 2011), Maia Gabrial (30th August 2011), pharoah21 (6th July 2011)

20. Link to Post #11
    Great Britain Avalon Member bilko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 times in 256 posts

The funniest advert i ever saw on the television : 2 monks, 1 senior and a junior monk were in a catacomb with an old bible.
    The senior monk was reading through an old bible when he started sobbing uncontrolably.

Junior monk was trying to console him and find out what the problem was.

Senior monk " it was a spelling mistake in the translation"!

Junior monk " what, what is it father?"

Senior monk after more sobbing - " The word is Celebrate "

Junior monk looks confused then plants his head in his hands.

I'll leave you to figure it out lol.
    I forget what the advert was for, beer i think.
    Today is a precious gift, thats why its called the present

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bilko For This Post:

annieVee (10th June 2012), conk (30th August 2011), Dionysus (2nd April 2011), Lord Sidious (31st March 2011), Maia Gabrial (30th August 2011), nearing (1st April 2011), pharoah21 (6th July 2011), PurpleLama (5th October 2011), tgn333 (1st April 2011), transiten (3rd December 2016)

22. Link to Post #12
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by str8thinker (here)
    Isn't this all part of the plan of Project Blue Beam?

Quote Step One

Step One is the breakdown of all archaeological knowledge. This will apparently be accomplished by faking earthquakes at precise locations around the planet. These locations will supposedly have fake "discoveries" to convince humanity that "new discoveries will finally explain to all people the error of all fundamental religious doctrines."

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Project_Blue_Beam
    Very interesting point str8.

However, taking into account the 1000s of years of enormous efforts to twist religions and use acheological discoveries and artifacts to "their" benefits -- never mind the OOPAs -- what better way to dismiss genuine archeological discoveries beforehand by stating they will be fakes anyway? Just disregard, nothing here.

That would be a very clever and twisted disinformation wouldn't it?
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (30th August 2011)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,560 times in 5,028 posts

The further back in history we can go, The closer we come to the truth, To go beyond the Nicaean Council in history can only be a good thing. The Dead Sea Scrolls brought about more education to humanity. I look forward to the coming months as more info comes forward. Maybe we can update info in this thread as it is released. The engaved Cross in the found books is a T shaped Cross.

I like this comment in the article.

Commenting on the discovery, Dr Margaret Barker said: “The Book of Revelation tells of a sealed book that was opened only by the Messiah. Other texts from the period tell of sealed books of wisdom and of a secret tradition passed on by Jesus to his closest disciples. That is the context for this discovery. So if they are forgeries, what are they forgeries of?”Professor Philip Davies said: “My own scrutiny suggests to me and to several of my colleagues that the form of the archaic Semitic script corresponds well to what was used in the era 200BCE-100CE. The codex format of the documents is also known to have been adopted by Christians from about the first century CE. However much of the writing appears to be in code and many of the images are unfamiliar.

More more,

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2017)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,862 times in 309 posts

For scholars of faith and history, it is a treasure trove too precious for price.

This ancient collection of 70 tiny books, their lead pages bound with wire, could unlock some of the secrets of the earliest days of Christianity.

Academics are divided as to their authenticity but say that if verified, they could prove as pivotal as the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls in 1947.

On pages not much bigger than a credit card, are images, symbols and words that appear to refer to the Messiah and, possibly even, to the Crucifixion and Resurrection.

Adding to the intrigue, many of the books are sealed, prompting academics to speculate they are actually the lost collection of codices mentioned in the Bible's Book Of Revelation.

The books were discovered five years ago in a cave in a remote part of Jordan to which Christian refugees are known to have fled after the fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Important documents from the same period have previously been found there.

Initial metallurgical tests indicate that some of the books could date from the first century AD.

This estimate is based on the form of corrosion which has taken place, which experts believe would be impossible to achieve artificially

more here

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/22...blical-history

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iceni tribe For This Post:

aroundthetable (1st April 2011), Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2017), nearing (1st April 2011)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Thank you iceni. There is an existing thread on this topic already. I am excited to hear the outcome of the findings.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...280#post188280

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,862 times in 309 posts

Quote Posted by billyji (here)
    Thank you iceni. There is an existing thread on this topic already. I am excited to hear the outcome of the findings.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...280#post188280
    oops maybe the mods can merge these threads , thanks billyji

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Anyone on facebook can follow Wayne Herschel as he will update on any new info.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...222615&theater

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23027043/
    Last edited by Billy; 1st April 2011 at 11:37. Reason: insert link

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

bluestflame (1st April 2011), LucidVisions (3rd November 2011)

32. Link to Post #18
    England Avalon Member HURRITT ENYETO's Avatar
    Over the Moon Under the Sun. Manchester UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,333 times in 531 posts

Interesting that there are 70, and that the book of revelation's is mentioned.
    John said there were 7 seals in the book of revelation.
    Could there have been a written error passed down through the century's and it was actually 70 seals?
    Or maybe within the 70 discovered 'books' only 7 of them are sealed?
    Should they be opened?

ps. I am not in the least bit religious in fact i would go as far as to say i am anti-religious but i find it interesting on a number of levels
    The Universe at its heart is a Phantom.
    God sleeps in the Minerals, Awakens in Plants, Walks in the Animals and Thinks in Man.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to HURRITT ENYETO For This Post:

Billy (1st April 2011)

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Last edited by Billy; 1st April 2011 at 14:32. Reason: Merged threads

35. Link to Post #20
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,788 times in 21,551 posts

Quote Posted by iceni tribe (here)
    oops maybe the mods can merge these threads , thanks billyji
    Good idea - merge accomplished.

Thanks for catching this.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Billy (1st April 2011), g.k.r (16th April 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast