+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast

Thread: What the heck happened to the school system???

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Default What the heck happened to the school system???

This is wild. From Maxwell Jordan's site and it is an older one so perhaps it has been posted here before.

This clearly shows the decline in the education system here in the usa (not sure how/if it applies overseas).

Take a look at this *8th Grade Test* from Salina Kansas in the year 1895.

Astonishing!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	school-1895.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	12601

here is the link if you want clearer copy of pdf:

http://jordanmaxwell.com/articles/monkey/monkey3.html

*** late addition ***

For some reason the attached pdf file is no longer showing up (at least on this cpu without clicking upper right box) so take the link if you cannot see it either. Worth the time.

Last edited by Calz; 11th January 2012 at 05:55. Reason: adding link

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

DianeKJ (30th March 2011), Icecold (30th March 2011), Ineffable Hitchhiker (30th March 2011), Jayke (30th March 2011), king anthony (30th March 2011), RedeZra (30th March 2011), selinam (30th March 2011), steven69 (30th March 2011), TigaHawk (30th March 2011), Zook (31st March 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member DianeKJ's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: What the heck happened to the school system???

lol, wow!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DianeKJ For This Post:

Calz (30th March 2011), Icecold (30th March 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

I now feel dumb for some reason

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

Calz (30th March 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member trenairio's Avatar
    Thanks

[edit][edit][edit]
    Last edited by trenairio; 23rd May 2022 at 16:44.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to trenairio For This Post:

Calz (30th March 2011), conk (20th June 2011), Icecold (30th March 2011), Ineffable Hitchhiker (30th March 2011), Lord Sidious (30th March 2011), mosquito (21st June 2011), ponda (30th March 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by trenairio (here)
    Nothing comes close to this difficulty in high school, maybe Calculus and accelerated courses. To briefly summarize what has happened: supposedly everything (I mean everything) was made easier and the passing grades were played down to have as much kids to get into college as possible. I admit there are some public schools that make it more challenging and make passing grades higher, but nevertheless the whole system is deliberately 'dumbed down'.

This in combination with a million other factors of suppression of the sovereignty of the human entity. Such as the scientific fundamentalism that ignores everything philosophical or enlightening, under the so called guises of "logical positivism" and the separation of church and state. It was this Scientism [the establishment], as revealed in the Dane Tops interview, that collaborated hand in hand with the elite to dismantle the [spiritual] movements of the freedom of the human psyche and soul such as The Original Scientology, the 60's movements, free energy/Nicola Tesla, new thought, libertarianism (constitutional law), and multiple others. As long as this current establishment stays in power the world will not have freedom.

A MASSIVE overhaul of global civilization has to occur, what is more likely is a total meltdown due to the very disorderly state of almost every facet of the system. Whatever is imminent better happen soon, or else the great instability that has been looming for a very long time is going to cause the can to disastrously explode. Hope the overhaul runs slower and smoother than I expect.
    Agreed.

Add to that the environmental hazards that have been building up ... chemicals in the food, water and air, electronic bombardment via cell phone towers, wireless and haarp etc etc etc.

That is what is so interesting about this 1895 8th grade finals exam ... it really gets in your face just how very much things have changed in the last 116 years!!!

Hmmm ... I believe that figure is correct ... perhaps I should text my 9 year old so he can whip out his calculator and verify it
    Last edited by Calz; 30th March 2011 at 06:55. Reason: typo

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Hervé (30th March 2011), Icecold (30th March 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Might need to look over one of these first:

And in all fairness, for U.S. History, the last 100 yrs has a lot more 'material' than the first 100 yrs.
    Last edited by bitworm; 30th March 2011 at 07:16.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bitworm For This Post:

Calz (30th March 2011), Zook (31st March 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Norway Avalon Member chelmostef's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 times in 292 posts

Seems they where teaching something useful and not conditioning towards breaking ones spirit.

The founding fathers were actually trying to do somthing great.. We only need to look towards who stoped this.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chelmostef For This Post:

Calz (30th March 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

check out this movie : Waiting for Superman

"The film dismisses with a side comment the inconvenient truth that our schools are criminally underfunded. Money's not the answer, it glibly declares. Nor does it suggest that students would have better outcomes if their communities had jobs, health care, decent housing, and a living wage. Particularly dishonest is the fact that Guggenheim never mentions the tens of millions of dollars of private money that has poured into the Harlem Children's Zone, the model and superman we are relentlessly instructed to aspire to."
    — Rick Ayers, Adjunct Professor in Education at the University of San Francisco[22]

The education is one of the way used for mind control,brainwash(history class o_O) ,division between rich(elite) and poor,left brain and right brain ect...we have to get "good grade"in order to get a "good job".

In China they have a ranking based on the test at the end of hight school that will decide in which university they can go(so which major they can choose) but at the end getting a good job is still based a lot on relation(hight rank).There is a lot of pressure for the student and i already saw many young Chinese student getting white hair.

In France,we have more and more people with 5 years university and still have to work as barman because no practical skill is taught in the cursus.

I think school system should be more about developing human potential than "Educate" them but if they are doing that they will run out of slaves :/
    Keep your smile

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freeman For This Post:

Calz (30th March 2011), selinam (30th March 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Freeman (here)
    check out this movie : Waiting for Superman

"The film dismisses with a side comment the inconvenient truth that our schools are criminally underfunded. Money's not the answer, it glibly declares. Nor does it suggest that students would have better outcomes if their communities had jobs, health care, decent housing, and a living wage. Particularly dishonest is the fact that Guggenheim never mentions the tens of millions of dollars of private money that has poured into the Harlem Children's Zone, the model and superman we are relentlessly instructed to aspire to."
    — Rick Ayers, Adjunct Professor in Education at the University of San Francisco[22]

The education is one of the way used for mind control,brainwash(history class o_O) ,division between rich(elite) and poor,left brain and right brain ect...we have to get "good grade"in order to get a "good job".

In China they have a ranking based on the test at the end of hight school that will decide in which university they can go(so which major they can choose) but at the end getting a good job is still based a lot on relation(hight rank).There is a lot of pressure for the student and i already saw many young Chinese student getting white hair.

In France,we have more and more people with 5 years university and still have to work as barman because no practical skill is taught in the cursus.

I think school system should be more about developing human potential than "Educate" them but if they are doing that they will run out of slaves :/
    Thank you for your reply and Welcome to Avalon

You bring out some good points. The left/right hemisphere approach is quite correct (imho). As infants (at least here) we are encouraged to become right handed (thus starting us on the path to left brain dominance). School system "rewards" the logical and rational. Creativity and intuitive thinking don't quite fit as well.

18. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member Ineffable Hitchhiker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,854 times in 495 posts

This in combination with a million other factors of suppression of the sovereignty of the human entity. Such as the scientific fundamentalism that ignores everything philosophical or enlightening, under the so called guises of "logical positivism" and the separation of church and state. It was this Scientism [the establishment], as revealed in the Dane Tops interview, that collaborated hand in hand with the elite to dismantle the [spiritual] movements of the freedom of the human psyche and soul such as The Original Scientology, the 60's movements, free energy/Nicola Tesla, new thought, libertarianism (constitutional law), and multiple others. As long as this current establishment stays in power the world will not have freedom. What needs to happen is that the word has to spread anywhere and everywhere, and someway somehow the people have to learn to listen-or else.

Thank you for that great comment.

Being a disillusiioned ex teacher I can only agree with your post.
    Not only does the present school system (that I worked in) destroy the family unit but it also kills the spirit of the child.

Talking in a general sense...
    There is nothing that empowers them; nothing that motivates or inspires. It mostly an upfront, non-participatory, left-brained, visual and auditory "stimulation".
    The children are graded on their ability to regurgitate the gobbledygook that is presented to them, disallowing critical thinking, creativity and/or analysis of the infromation presented to them.
    There are also far too many hours spent inside buildings and less time spent outside in nature.

The children that DO begin to question and have an innate disablity to sit still for hours are "labelled" dysfunctional.

That said, fortunately there are places/schools where children are encouraged and challenged but they are few and far between and mostly only available for parents who can afford it.
    Also, some children manage to break free from the conformity and dogma, and do learn something valuable for themsleves as time goes by, as can be seen by the many people who post on this forum.

I just read a wonderful article by John Taylor Gatto

http://www.cantrip.org/againstschool.html

In it he said:-
    ""School trains children to be employees and consumers; teach your own to be leaders and adventurers. School trains children to obey reflexively; teach your own to think critically and independently."

I don´t have any answers or solutions. I do what I can in my environment to elevate and uplift the spirit of each child I meet, as best as I can.
    I just hope that one day soon a viable option for recognising and acknowledging the needs of each child as an individual sovereign being, be established.
    The heart knows a hundred thousand ways to speak.
    ~ rumi

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ineffable Hitchhiker For This Post:

Calz (30th March 2011), Charlie Pecos (1st April 2011), conk (20th June 2011), granny (30th March 2011), Lord Sidious (30th March 2011)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ineffable Hitchhiker (here)

This in combination with a million other factors of suppression of the sovereignty of the human entity. Such as the scientific fundamentalism that ignores everything philosophical or enlightening, under the so called guises of "logical positivism" and the separation of church and state. It was this Scientism [the establishment], as revealed in the Dane Tops interview, that collaborated hand in hand with the elite to dismantle the [spiritual] movements of the freedom of the human psyche and soul such as The Original Scientology, the 60's movements, free energy/Nicola Tesla, new thought, libertarianism (constitutional law), and multiple others. As long as this current establishment stays in power the world will not have freedom. What needs to happen is that the word has to spread anywhere and everywhere, and someway somehow the people have to learn to listen-or else.

Thank you for that great comment.

Being a disillusiioned ex teacher I can only agree with your post.
    Not only does the present school system (that I worked in) destroy the family unit but it also kills the spirit of the child.

Talking in a general sense...
    There is nothing that empowers them; nothing that motivates or inspires. It mostly an upfront, non-participatory, left-brained, visual and auditory "stimulation".
    The children are graded on their ability to regurgitate the gobbledygook that is presented to them, disallowing critical thinking, creativity and/or analysis of the infromation presented to them.
    There are also far too many hours spent inside buildings and less time spent outside in nature.

The children that DO begin to question and have an innate disablity to sit still for hours are "labelled" dysfunctional.

That said, fortunately there are places/schools where children are encouraged and challenged but they are few and far between and mostly only available for parents who can afford it.
    Also, some children manage to break free from the conformity and dogma, and do learn something valuable for themsleves as time goes by, as can be seen by the many people who post on this forum.

I just read a wonderful article by John Taylor Gatto

http://www.cantrip.org/againstschool.html

In it he said:-
    ""School trains children to be employees and consumers; teach your own to be leaders and adventurers. School trains children to obey reflexively; teach your own to think critically and independently."

I don´t have any answers or solutions. I do what I can in my environment to elevate and uplift the spirit of each child I meet, as best as I can.
    I just hope that one day soon a viable option for recognising and acknowledging the needs of each child as an individual sovereign being, be established.
    Many thanks to you as well as trenairio for very insightful posts!

Clearly the elite use $$$ to achieve their goals with schools as well as all other aspects of civilization.

Using the federal government to impose "standards" upon public schools I suspect is how it is done. The "no child left with a brain" ... err ... umm ... "no child left behind" from the last Bush administration comes to mind.

Neurological damage from big pharma.

Many city/county/state budgets awash in red ink cutting teacher jobs and slashing other funding for education.

What a nightmare.

trenairio wrote:

Quote A MASSIVE overhaul of global civilization has to occur to ever make true freedom possible again, what is more likely is a total meltdown due to the very disorderly state of almost every facet of the system. Whatever is imminent better happen soon, or else the great instability that has been looming for a very long time is going to cause the can to disastrously explode. Hope the overhaul runs slower and smoother than I expect.
    For better or worse, regardless of your belief system, BIG changes are coming and likely quite soon.

The "game" has run it's course for this "cycle".

I remain optimistic for the distant future ... but expect a heckuva bumpy ride getting there in the process.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Ineffable Hitchhiker (30th March 2011), Lord Sidious (30th March 2011)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 times in 385 posts

what happened to the school system? Working as intended IMO.

Peaceful Journeys Wookie
    "The Perception of an Illusion is Deception, even when you believed it was real! Perception of Deception is not an Illusion at all!" Carl Stoynoff

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Wookie For This Post:

Lord Sidious (30th March 2011)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wookie (here)
    what happened to the school system? Working as intended IMO.

Peaceful Journeys Wookie
    ... intended by WHOM???

25. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    This clearly shows the decline in the education system here in the usa (not sure how/if it applies overseas).
    Beginning at the 9 min mark in the video, the explanation (in part) why the education system is the way it is - not only in North America but the whole world. Listen to the words spoken - carefully.

Norman Dodd (1899 - 1987) On Tax Exempt Foundations - Thread

Excerpts from the transcript version of the interview;
    "They then decide that the key to the success of these two operations lay in the alteration of the teaching of American History."

"... that portion of education which could be considered domestic should be handled by the Rockefeller Foundation, and that portion which is international should be handled by the Endowment."

"... They then decide that the key to the success of these two operations lay in the alteration of the teaching of American History. So, they approach four of the then most prominent teachers of American History in the country..."
    I say, there is nothing wrong with the education system for it is working just as it is supposed to be - the problem is, what most think it should be and what the few made it to be are two different schools (pun intended) of thought.

Why is it that the 'few' teach their children to think differently!? Do they teach their children such things as, "think with your heart"!? Why should the most think with emotion first and the 'few' think with common sense first!? Once this is understood (and accepted), will not the most have understanding of themselves and the world they live in!?

Let none forget human breading practices, genetic manipulation, chemicals in food products, media manipulation and so forth - for all these things also contribute to "What the heck happened to the school system???" and why intellect is becoming extinct - with most.
    Last edited by king anthony; 30th March 2011 at 14:29.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Calz (30th March 2011), Hervé (30th March 2011), Lord Sidious (30th March 2011), sister (30th March 2011), Trail (2nd April 2011)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Thank you king anthony. That was helpful.

Aaron Russo was a wonderful spirit ... I actually purchased that dvd

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

king anthony (30th March 2011), Lord Sidious (30th March 2011)

29. Link to Post #16
    TimelessDimensions

The current school system is designed to produce obedient slaves.

I should know, I'm a high-school teacher myself hehe

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TimelessDimensions For This Post:

Calz (30th March 2011), Charlie Pecos (1st April 2011), Hervé (30th March 2011), king anthony (30th March 2011), Lord Sidious (30th March 2011)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TimelessDimensions (here)

Sad but *thank you* for your honesty and input!

32. Link to Post #18
    TimelessDimensions

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    Quote Posted by TimelessDimensions (here)

Sad but *thank you* for your honesty and input!

I'm causing the system to crumble to bits and the kids love it

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TimelessDimensions For This Post:

Calz (30th March 2011), Hervé (30th March 2011), The HoppyBunny (30th March 2011)

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The HoppyBunny For This Post:

Calz (30th March 2011), sister (30th March 2011)

36. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,050 times in 171 posts

The math (mill rates, school taxes, etc.) is definitely geared to the major occupation of the day – farming - and was a very practical knowledge necessary for upstanding local village citizens who would be future school trustees (unpaid of course).

I remember when English grammar was virtually taken out of high schools around 1964 in Ontario, which is also when they introduced exemption from high school final exams and also just before the school system decided unpaid farmers were not good enough to be school trustees. In the early days teachers were grade 13 graduates who were paid a reasonable wage, since they usually married after 2 years and they boarded with a local family. Their knowledge of grammar was fresh and extraordinary .

It was right at the coming onslaught of baby boomers when the red-brick schools had to be closed in order to provide “a bigger and better education system” with PAID trustees being elected instead of chosen from the local community. Apparently by providing their own free labour for necessary school house repairs, etc. (digging the well by hand, bees to re-shingle the roof) in a constant need to keep the costs of schooling down for the local village residents, the farmers were not progressive enough . . .

Yet they equipped their grade eight graduates with self-sufficiency and self-confidence in dealing with bankers and lawyers and politicians. Fundamental mathematics, and self-discipline seem to be beyond modern day University graduates. The red-brick one room schoolhouse turned out Independent, self-sufficient, free-thinkers. Such a goal is foreign to modern day school curriculums.

A lot of people can’t even fill out their own income tax forms these days!!!

Thus: the rule of law – the just society – the welfare state –the police state, and on and on . . .
    Whatever happened to rule by responsibility?
    A fearful prospect to the former controllers.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbert For This Post:

Calz (30th March 2011), Hervé (30th March 2011), The HoppyBunny (30th March 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast