+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: I Want To Be Homeless

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default I Want To Be Homeless

I envy the homeless. They decided to stop swimming against the current. They decided not to get pulled under by the current. They simply stepped out of the stream and onto the river bank. Certainly there are those who didn't choose to be homeless. They still struggle to try and get back into the stream. But, the people who decided to walk the earth, the people who found themselves with "nothing" and found the value in it, they are the people I envy.

They can see that there is a forest which houses the stream! They watch the fish struggle with the futile battle against the current. They have earned this perspective.

The construct of the system would like us to believe that being homeless is unclean, diseased and even dangerous. If everyone decided to step out of the system of course it wouldn't function so this idea has been fostered.

We are lead to believe that what we have created is somehow better. We say, "It's evolution that man is able to create his own environment. It's completely natural for us to take this path." And it may be. But it's also a dead end in that it weakens us. The world we have designed supports us ideally for what we are now. Exactly what we are now. Without the need to adapt. Our chairs are designed to fit a human being's body. We have revolutionized nutrition and what is ideal for a human being to live a long healthy life. The computer I type on is exactly designed for a human hand.

Evolution occurs because of the laws of life. Life changes and grows, or doesn't change and dies. If all these comforts were taken from us, we would be too adapted to comfort to survive.

I don't believe we have evolved into weakness... yet.

There is still time.

This is what I believe the willfully homeless understand. They see that the struggle is fruitless. Why do we struggle to maintain a dead end?

It is obviously in our power to control our evolution. I don't understand why we have this unique power but we do. How will we use it?

~ Real Intent

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

Default Re: I Want To Be Homeless

Real Intent, this has given me much too think about. it is so, we have an absolute power, yet we do not use it. why is that? i think fear stands in our way.
    warmest regards, corson

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (20th July 2011), Gaia (31st March 2011), Real Intent (31st March 2011), seko (19th July 2011), Tane Mahuta (13th August 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,814 times in 389 posts

Living off the grid. What a beautiful concept.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pharoah21 For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (20th July 2011), Lifesong (31st March 2011), Real Intent (31st March 2011), seko (19th July 2011), slipknotted (31st March 2011), sygh (31st March 2011), Tane Mahuta (13th August 2011)

6. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

Quote Posted by Real Intent (here)
    I envy the homeless. They decided to stop swimming against the current. They decided not to get pulled under by the current. They simply stepped out of the stream and onto the river bank.
    Then let us trade places in life and you will know what it is like to go through life without a safety net. To experience 'those others' and the 'few' with no retreat, no break and no one.

Where is your life now, comfortable? I say, armchair quarterbacks and 'love and light' givers who think suffering is the way to 'enlightenment' - none are more asleep then those who think they are awake.

I say, enjoy your comfort and wish not for that which will burden you; for you may receive what you ask and live remembering your words - and remembering what you once had.

7. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Belle (1st April 2011), Buchanan561 (8th April 2011), chantelle (2nd April 2011), christian (13th August 2011), D-Day (4th April 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (20th July 2011), Donna O (31st March 2011), Fred Steeves (19th July 2011), Gardener (31st March 2011), Heartsong (31st March 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (31st March 2011), ktlight (2nd April 2011), learninglight (31st March 2011), Lord Sidious (31st March 2011), Maia Gabrial (19th July 2011), Marshlight (31st March 2011), panopticon (31st March 2011), passiglight (31st March 2011), pharoah21 (31st March 2011), pickle (1st April 2011), red_rose (4th April 2011), RMorgan (12th August 2011), seko (19th July 2011), shadowstalker (13th August 2011), Sierra (31st March 2011), sister (31st March 2011), sygh (31st March 2011), Tane Mahuta (13th August 2011), thunder24 (31st March 2011)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by corson (here)
    Real Intent, this has given me much too think about. it is so, we have an absolute power, yet we do not use it. why is that? i think fear stands in our way.
    warmest regards, corson
    Fear of pain or loss. Complacency in our comfort. The thought "so far so good" as we delude ourselves that we are flying when we are in fact falling. Perspective can be gained. That is my hope

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member The Mad spirtualist's Avatar
    Thanks

I have always said Grizzly Adams is my hero! To be one with nature and to live free on the earth. It was my favorite show growing up, that and Dukes of Hazard. LOL

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Mad spirtualist For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (20th July 2011), Real Intent (31st March 2011)

11. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Whitehaze's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,168 times in 293 posts

Quote Posted by king anthony (here)
    I envy the homeless. They decided to stop swimming against the current. They decided not to get pulled under by the current. They simply stepped out of the stream and onto the river bank.
    Then let us trade places in life and you will know what it is like to go through life without a safety net. To experience 'those others' and the 'few' with no retreat, no break and no one.

Where is your life now, comfortable? I say, armchair quarterbacks and 'love and light' givers who think suffering is the way to 'enlightenment' - none are more asleep then those who think they are awake.

I say, enjoy your comfort and wish not for that which will burden you; for you may receive what you ask and live remembering your words - and remembering what you once had.
    The safety net is an illusion, because there really is none. We are all about 10 minutes away from losing that illusion. These burdens have been piled on us one thing after another, and with increased frequency. Going off the grid would certainly be easier, and it would starve the powers that be to death.
    In the light of the day the other light is hidden, never the less that other light still exists seen by other eyes.

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Whitehaze For This Post:

Belle (1st April 2011), Black Panther (31st March 2011), Buchanan561 (8th April 2011), Cottage Rose (31st March 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (20th July 2011), Lifesong (31st March 2011), Maria Stade (31st March 2011), modwiz (31st March 2011), pharoah21 (31st March 2011), Real Intent (31st March 2011), seko (19th July 2011), Sharleen (31st March 2011), Tane Mahuta (13th August 2011)

13. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Whitehaze (here)
    The safety net is an illusion, because there really is none. We are all about 10 minutes away from losing that illusion. These burdens have been piled on us one thing after another, and with increased frequency. Going off the grid would certainly be easier, and it would starve the powers that be to death.
    Thank you for quoting me. I say, these things you speak I know all too well; however, understanding of my words you have not.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Buchanan561 (8th April 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (20th July 2011), learninglight (4th April 2011), Tane Mahuta (13th August 2011)

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Whitehaze's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,168 times in 293 posts

Thank you for quoting me. I say, these things you speak I know all too well; however, understanding of my words you have not.

Apologies then Anthony, perhaps I did not. Might I ask you to clear it up for me?
    In the light of the day the other light is hidden, never the less that other light still exists seen by other eyes.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Whitehaze For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (20th July 2011), modwiz (31st March 2011), Tane Mahuta (13th August 2011)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

I don't nessasarily believe that going off the grid would be 'easier'. Not at the start anyway. There would be a huge adjustment period for growing your own food, transport, and many other things that we are so accustomed to ( AND NO MORE PROJECT AVALON! ) but once accustomed I believe you would feel at one with the earth, and truly enjoy life in a way that few others can.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pharoah21 For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (20th July 2011), fosselovelight (19th July 2011), Tane Mahuta (13th August 2011)

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Dude ... I don't know what you think being homeless is like but there is no letting go! It is exponentially more difficult to hold body and soul together!

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

craig mitchell (14th August 2011), dan i el (31st March 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (20th July 2011), Fred Steeves (19th July 2011), Heartsong (31st March 2011), king anthony (31st March 2011), learninglight (4th April 2011), Lord Sidious (31st March 2011), pharoah21 (31st March 2011), pickle (1st April 2011), sandy (31st March 2011), sister (31st March 2011), sygh (31st March 2011), Tane Mahuta (13th August 2011)

21. Link to Post #12
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,990 times in 1,091 posts

I envy the homeless. They decided to stop swimming against the current. They decided not to get pulled under by the current. They simply stepped out of the stream and onto the river bank. Certainly there are those who didn't choose to be homeless. They still struggle to try and get back into the stream. But, the people who decided to walk the earth, the people who found themselves with "nothing" and found the value in it, they are the people I envy.

They can see that there is a forest which houses the stream! They watch the fish struggle with the futile battle against the current. They have earned this perspective.

The construct of the system would like us to believe that being homeless is unclean, diseased and even dangerous. If everyone decided to step out of the system of course it wouldn't function so this idea has been fostered.

We are lead to believe that what we have created is somehow better. We say, "It's evolution that man is able to create his own environment. It's completely natural for us to take this path." And it may be. But it's also a dead end in that it weakens us. The world we have designed supports us ideally for what we are now. Exactly what we are now. Without the need to adapt. Our chairs are designed to fit a human being's body. We have revolutionized nutrition and what is ideal for a human being to live a long healthy life. The computer I type on is exactly designed for a human hand.

Evolution occurs because of the laws of life. Life changes and grows, or doesn't change and dies. If all these comforts were taken from us, we would be too adapted to comfort to survive.

I don't believe we have evolved into weakness... yet.

There is still time.

This is what I believe the willfully homeless understand. They see that the struggle is fruitless. Why do we struggle to maintain a dead end?

It is obviously in our power to control our evolution. I don't understand why we have this unique power but we do. How will we use it?

~ Real Intent
    Totally agree RealIntent.

I not only envy them, but I hold them in utmost respect and have done since regularly encountering them back in the early 70s
    while working for a building restoration project in Sydney. They had a special kind of dignity and a will which kept them outside the system.

Very determined, philosophical and interesting people. Life for them is fragile, with no safety nets, dangerous and above all free.

I understand KA's point of view, its true. One needs to be committed to go down this road.
    Last edited by Icecold; 31st March 2011 at 01:28.

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

They are a very interesting lot. I don't believe in being homeless as such, to me that implies begging and struggling for food day to day. Keeping my own house, or even living in a tent, growing my own food and looking after myself. That is much more appealing to me. Still has the posotives of what you're looking for, and you can still eat! However I have seen a video of a yogi indian man who was monitored in hospital going without food for 14 days (something like that) without any implications on his health. But it's definitely another world to live in, that of a homeless man. Why not try it for a bit?

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pharoah21 For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (20th July 2011), Real Intent (31st March 2011), Tane Mahuta (13th August 2011)

24. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by whitehaze (here)
    apologies then anthony, perhaps i did not. Might i ask you to clear it up for me?
    I had PM'd you.
    Last edited by king anthony; 31st March 2011 at 01:53.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Buchanan561 (8th April 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (20th July 2011), Whitehaze (31st March 2011)

26. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Cottage Rose's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,454 times in 617 posts

Quote Posted by pharoah21 (here)
    They are a very interesting lot. I don't believe in being homeless as such, to me that implies begging and struggling for food day to day. Keeping my own house, or even living in a tent, growing my own food and looking after myself. That is much more appealing to me. Still has the posotives of what you're looking for, and you can still eat! However I have seen a video of a yogi indian man who was monitored in hospital going without food for 14 days (something like that) without any implications on his health. But it's definitely another world to live in, that of a homeless man. Why not try it for a bit?
    Great thread, Real Intent.

I have found that gradually over the last few years I am existing on small amount of food without hunger. Many things I used to eat, I don't want anymore. I think adding coconut oil to my diet progressively altered my metabolism.

27. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Cottage Rose For This Post:

Black Panther (31st March 2011), Buchanan561 (8th April 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (20th July 2011), Donna O (31st March 2011), Flash (20th July 2011), fosselovelight (19th July 2011), Lord Sidious (31st March 2011), modwiz (31st March 2011), pharoah21 (31st March 2011), Real Intent (31st March 2011), seko (19th July 2011), Sharleen (31st March 2011), SKAWF (31st March 2011), Tane Mahuta (13th August 2011), Whitehaze (31st March 2011)

28. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ummmmm No disrespect.

Homeless or off the grid?

Government sponsor'd and payed for? Or financed on your own dime?

Are you penniless and lost your house and business and can't pay bills?

Do you have children that could use a warm bath and food?

Who pays?

Ya just camping for a summer ?

Whats the climate year round where your going off the grid?

Been there done that.

Never mind the shame of feeling like you can't feed your family without assistance.

Make sure you have skills to get back ON the Grid. (I do and did)

I thank GOD everyday.. OK Higher Powers.
    (somethings out there)

Don't get smug.
    Don't get greedy.
    Don't forget the strangers.
    Don't forget staying humble.
    Don't ignore your heart.
    Don't buy into government lies.
    Don't get misslead.
    Don't feel sorry for yourself.

Ya want a hug?
    Avalon is good people for support.

You want options to help yourself? Read some survival threads here on Avalon.

I think there are plenty of threads on Avalon trying to show us the way.

Bill is just a moderator of the sight..
    A good one I might add.

Careful what you wish for for and who is paying.

I believe that if for whatever reason the electric grid shuts down..and why and whoever or whatever causes it..

there will be chaos.

For the unprepared.

A campground in the woods wont cut it.

29. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to shybastid For This Post:

Buchanan561 (8th April 2011), christian (13th August 2011), D-Day (4th April 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (20th July 2011), Fred Steeves (19th July 2011), Heartsong (31st March 2011), Heyoka_11 (13th August 2011), Lazlo (31st March 2011), learninglight (4th April 2011), Lord Sidious (31st March 2011), Ol' Roy (31st March 2011), panopticon (31st March 2011), pharoah21 (31st March 2011), Phoenix (19th July 2011), seko (19th July 2011), Sierra (31st March 2011), SKAWF (31st March 2011), Tane Mahuta (13th August 2011)

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by shybastid (here)
    Ummmmm No disrespect.

Homeless or off the grid?

Government sponsor'd and payed for? Or financed on your own dime?

Are you penniless and lost your house and business and can't pay bills?

Do you have children that could use a warm bath and food?

Who pays?

Ya just camping for a summer ?

Whats the climate year round where your going off the grid?

Been there done that.

Never mind the shame of feeling like you can't feed your family without assistance.

Make sure you have skills to get back ON the Grid. (I do and did)

I thank GOD everyday.. OK Higher Powers.
    (somethings out there)

Don't get smug.
    Don't get greedy.
    Don't forget the strangers.
    Don't forget staying humble.
    Don't ignore your heart.
    Don't buy into government lies.
    Don't get misslead.
    Don't feel sorry for yourself.

Ya want a hug?
    Avalon is good people for support.

You want options to help yourself? Read some survival threads here on Avalon.

I think there are plenty of threads on Avalon trying to show us the way.

Bill is just a moderator of the sight..
    A good one I might add.

Careful what you wish for for and who is paying.

I believe that if for whatever reason the electric grid shuts down..and why and whoever or whatever causes it..

there will be chaos.

For the unprepared.

A campground in the woods wont cut it.
    Good point there. However there are people out there who could live on their own without electricity, gas, or anything like that. You need to be very organised, generally very healthy, smart, dedicated and many other things. That's for living off the grid anyway. To live as a homeless man is completely different though. I wouldn't wish for it, and I believe if there is something that you admire about these homeless people, it's something I'm sure you could incorporate into your own life without the need to take some drastic measures. Remember, they are the way they are because of how their mind works, your mind works however you want it to work.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pharoah21 For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (20th July 2011), Lord Sidious (31st March 2011), seko (19th July 2011), shybastid (31st March 2011), Sierra (31st March 2011), Tane Mahuta (13th August 2011)

32. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I found myself thinking about how am I going to earn a living the other day. Think about that for a moment. Earn. A. Living. I did think about it and it stopped me in my tracks.

I should be thinking about how I can contribute and what differences I can make to this planet and those around me whilst working on myself. jmho.

Thanks for a thoughtful insightful thread.

33. Link to Post #19
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Default Re: I Want To Be HomelessNY

You need a warm country with lots of fruit trees, water and a friend or two. Find a free land to build a shelter that will protect you from the elements, predators, pests and provide some privacy where you can have a quite time for yourself. Taking care of teeth would be a challenge unless you obtain some natural medicine knowledge. There is something called "Siwak" you can get from Muslim shops, it's a natural tooth brush with no need for paste.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

christian (13th August 2011), Lord Sidious (31st March 2011), Real Intent (31st March 2011), seko (19th July 2011), Sierra (31st March 2011), Tane Mahuta (13th August 2011)

35. Link to Post #20
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,656 times in 21,533 posts

I am closing this thread for perhaps a half hour, while I read it and decide if some of these posts would be better removed from public view.

===

This thread is re-open for business now. It fell into squabbling, and I removed 14 posts from public view.

===

P.S. -- Two members were unsubscribed for the above squabbling, one for one day, and the other for two days. It is a violation of forum guidelines to insult fellow members.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 31st March 2011 at 08:27. Reason: re-open thread, after 30 minute timeout
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Cottage Rose (31st March 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (20th July 2011), Davidallany (31st March 2011), Real Intent (31st March 2011), seko (19th July 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast