+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Thread: Nassim Haramein - Fraud or Sage?

1. Link to Post #101
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Default Re: Nassim Haramein - Fraud or Sage?

The science that we know today is limited by the very fact that is viewed with a very limited 'tool' in understanding of consciousness, i.e. the human mind. We are living within the present moment of a single consciousness that is the living universe. However immense the universe may appear to us, it can only exist as we perceive it, even if this is beyond our current understanding of space-time and infinity. Better still, the larger we perceive the universe, the deeper and more fulfilled our consciousness will become because the mind is the full complement of the conscious whole through understanding its complexity and expanding relationships. From this point of view, consciousness actually creates what we call science.

JMHO
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

giovonni (4th April 2011), greybeard (4th April 2011), Jayke (4th April 2011), meeradas (4th April 2011), nearing (6th April 2011), panopticon (7th April 2011)

3. Link to Post #102
    Thanks

Quote Posted by truthseekerdan (here)
    The science that we know today is limited by the very fact that is viewed with a very limited 'tool' in understanding of consciousness, i.e. the human mind. We are living within the present moment of a single consciousness that is the living universe. However immense the universe may appear to us, it can only exist as we perceive it, even if this is beyond our current understanding of space-time and infinity. Better still, the larger we perceive the universe, the deeper and more fulfilled our consciousness will become because the mind is the full complement of the conscious whole through understanding its complexity and expanding relationships. From this point of view, consciousness actually creates what we call science.

JMHO
    I agree entirely.

4. Link to Post #103
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

On both sides of the lost-in-space sail...

one of the things you should not forget is ..that the foundation of all science is mind channelled, abstract inspiration, divine blessing ..
    You may have been collecting 'evidence' for thousands of years yet, it may have served nothing ..if the ability to recollect the higher patterns of our mind was not preserved and awakened.

I don't speak about channeling I speak about science and how the equation arrives in your mind. You may say it being a simple work of logic.
    But we both know it isn't ..there is an infinite in our mind, of indefinite complicay level that needs to be expressed and translated ..

There are countless visions of future that is yet to come because what else is reality than countless visions ..

Don't destroy the subtle intelligence that is being formed on this planet, please...you've done that many times in your history usually to your harm ..

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

giovonni (4th April 2011), greybeard (4th April 2011), meeradas (4th April 2011)

6. Link to Post #104
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

It's all the rings belong together, right place and right time..the theory of systems , greater systems absorbes the lesser ones recyclating itself and so forth.

7. Link to Post #105
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by CyRus (here)
    so how come we do not collapse space-time itself?
    Because we choose not to.
    Choose otherwise and see what happens.

8. Link to Post #106
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

I have followed Haramein's work for a few years now but I'm not a physicist so I won't go there.

What I see extremely valuable in his work is his great capacity of observation and logical thinking. He's not a mathematician or physicist which I think are points to his advantage because he's able to see the world in a different manner, a new one, let's say with fresh eyes.

Another point to this advantage is that he is able to connect the dots in a way that no other physicists or mathematicians do, usually they are very rational thinkers and they don't use the knowledge of other disciplines whereas Haramein is extremely aware of the unity of all things in the universe.

In my opinion, even if his math is proven wrong, he's a genius, a human being who truly thinks out of the box and those are rare in our world. He knows that the spiritual world and the material world are interconnected and he has found his own way to see it and explain it. Even if his formulas are wrong, what it's intriguing is that what he explains others have seen in mystical experiences, so despite the mathematics I'd say his work will be recognized sooner than later, perhaps it's not so perfect but he's definitely in the right track.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

Jayke (4th April 2011), mojo (2nd January 2012), nearing (6th April 2011), StateOfTheHeart (4th April 2011)

10. Link to Post #107
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

If you believe what they say in quantum mechanics, that the observer creates the observed, I'd be curious to know what would happen if every lay person of the world, the majority of the collective consciousness embraced the simplicity of Nassims work. Would the new observations change the very laws of physics themselves? What would happen to the small subset of physicists who are clinging on to an old system? Would they still have any relevance in this new world? Would they allow themselves to become obsolete? or would they adapt and start using their impressive faculties of mind to work within the new established system set out by the masses?

I believe Nassim raises some serious questions about the entire validity of the established system of physics we use at the moment, most children and lay people who come across Nassims work instantly realise that modern physics is fundamentally flawed in some way...what happens when those young children grow up, become physicists themselves and start to work on theories and maths that prove what Nassim was saying to be true, it may take several generations, it could happen in several years...but his theories will be proved with some fancy mathematics eventually, mainly because the human mind can find truth in anything, it can create complex solutions to any problem, even if they turn out to be also wrong further down the line.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

mojo (2nd January 2012), nearing (6th April 2011)

12. Link to Post #108
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 653 posts

Quote Posted by CyRus (here)
    The thread title was inspired by this blog:
    http://azureworld.blogspot.com
    Where a physics teacher objectively points out the errors and fraudulent claims made by Haramein.

This man is very fair and makes an excellent case and in my eyes Haramein is conclusively debunked. I think it vital that anyone who are massive fans of Haramein at least take a look, and perhaps learn some physics in the process. (Very informative!)
    I would like to argue that this man, Bob Athon, is not fair, does not make an excellent case, and does not conclusively debunk Nassim Haramein.

For the moment, I want to focus on just one aspect of Bob’s argument. He claims that Nassim’s application of Newton’s third law of motion to the expansion of the universe is completely irrelevant because it is being applied to the volume of space. Bob paints Nassim as “silly” for doing this and subtly ridicules him with great gusto in his derogatory dismissal.

What’s wrong with this picture?

For starters, an expanding universe involves lots of mass in motion, like about a billion galaxies worth of mass. Some force must have acted on all that mass to cause this movement. If we are to trust Newton’s third law, there must have been an equal and opposite force involved. Where are the effects of that opposite force?

It’s true that I am not a professional physicist, but Bob Athon evidently does present himself as a physics teacher. That Bob would choose to see only expanding volume and not see moving mass seems deceptive and very un-physics-like to me.

For reference, here is Bob’s argument below.

==========

Here's one. It's from his 8-hour presentation at the Rogue Valley Metaphysical Library in 2003. It's a long time ago, but these are the most popular videos of Haramein on the internet.

Skip to 3:00 and he's quoting Newton's 3rd law of motion (which he refers to as "first law of physics") – every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Here's a good place to learn about it (perfect if you're under the age of ten).

Of course not everybody knows or cares about Newton's laws of motion – but remember this man claims to be a world-leading physicist. (Indeed, in this clip he gloats about how his "first law of physics" insight stopped all the other physicists in the room in their tracks... I can't help feeling that if they had "blank look on their faces" it might not have been for the reason he's suggesting.)

This law explicitly only applies to forces on a pair of interacting objects. If I kick a brick, the brick exerts a force back on my foot and it hurts. If I shoot a bullet from a gun (not that I ever have or would), there's a recoil. If I catch a baseball, hand applies slowing force to ball, ball applies hitting force to hand. That kind of thing.

Instead of this, he uses it for the volume of space in the Universe, which is about as far from Newton's 3rd law as it's possible to get. There are many, many reasons why this is silly.

Why would something need to contract anyway? If space itself expands, then there just is more space. Why would anything need to contract to make room for it? [3]

Seven years later, he's still milking the same story, and still misusing the same piece of 8th grade physics. [Sorry – that video seems to have been removed since I provided this link]

The point is that he's using this law despite it being completely irrelevant. He uses it to 'prove' that "obviously something is contracting". This becomes a big theme in many of his other ideas. There's nothing 'obvious' about it – unless your version of obvious is feeling like "yeah, looks obvious to me, and you look like you're convinced so I'll go with it."

It's terrible misinformation. I think people deserve better than this.
    Last edited by Chicodoodoo; 4th April 2011 at 20:55. Reason: typo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chicodoodoo For This Post:

nearing (6th April 2011)

14. Link to Post #109
    Ireland Avalon Member
    Thanks

I seen Harameins video "crossing the event horizon. In it he clearly shows how the tetrahedran inside a sphere relates observably to solar spots on the sun, volcanic activity and other activities on earth as well as a that giant storm on jupiter.
    I don't know if Haramein is 100% correct, but he definitely shows how these geometry play a role in the structure and fractral nature of the universe.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ThresholdRising For This Post:

mojo (2nd January 2012)

16. Link to Post #110
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

If you consider the fact that Nassim Haramein heads his own research organization and collaborates with a good many scientists and physicists alike around the world from a great many fields of interest, he is either the best con man ever or all those classically trained people must be a sandwich short of a picnic.
    It is my observation that Haramein`s most ardent detractors all have a vested interest.
    If you have been working all your life in a certain field and require grants to keep going and then some upstart comes along to say that your wrong which will make your life`s work irreverlent let alone jeopardize your source of income ,how do you think they are going to react.
    I`m not sure if CyRus has a vested interest ,but the following statements he makes is simply not true (The problem with Haramein is that he cannot be called a physicist, because his "equations" defy the laws of physics profusely. (As stated,He is not a prominent mathematician) Therefore, I find him to be a fraud, as he is misleading the public to think he is a maverick physicist...which is incorrect.
    At best he is a New Age philosopher, but a physicist...No. =P )
    Nassim Haramein`s talk at the National Center For Atmospheric Research Boulder,Colorado in June 29 2009 is very imformative he gives a 20 min preamble and then goes through all the maths from start to finish concerning his black hole white hole theory, I asure you there is no weird stuff at all and the process is sound,at the end the camera pans the audience and you are certainly able to tell the physicists, they`re the ones that have the TomTits , red face and the look of ,why didn`t I think of that
    Now we come to the great Bob Athon,the rebuttal sounds impressive, with a flowery writing style but when you have a close look most of it is a personal attack with not much substance ,and when you think about it someone that is not prepared to put their name to a piece of work like that has a definite lack if integrity(and a vested interest I would say)
    I would like to wish every one a wonderful 2012
    Kind regards James
    Last edited by jupiter; 3rd January 2012 at 00:25.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jupiter For This Post:

greybeard (2nd January 2012), mojo (2nd January 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6