+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleaning behind your tonsils

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

Default Cleaning behind your tonsils

Tip's? Idea's? Trick's?

Our whole house has come down with a cold. In between my hacking and coughing, i felt something that appeard to be on the back of my throat somewhere. Like a bump.
    Nomatter how many times i swallowed or gargled - still there. Couldent see anything in the mirror either.

Eventualy i get frustrated, as now im fixated on this thing and its driving me nuts. So i use a finger...

the bumpy thing i was feelign was actualy.... behind? underneigth? my tonsils? When i put pressure on it it pushed some of it out, im still feeling something is there tho.

However, its allmost like a... flap? of skin. Any attempts to try and lift it up slightly to get my finger behind it to clean out whatever is there results in an instant gag reflex.

I did a google and found this is actualy quite common with the tonsils, its bits of food etc that get stuck behind there and bacteria grows. The only recommended gargling, or a "water pick" which appears to be a toothbrush without the brush - instead it just spray's water.

Gargling..... doesnt work for me... in that particular aspect anyway. Stubborn things dont wanna budge!

Just thinking about it more - If it's quite common for bacteria and foodstuffs to get lodged and fester back there - it cant be too good for you. Not only can it cause Tonsilitis but you've got bacteria and goodies running down you're throat and into you're stomoch 24/7. And it contributes greatly to bad breath.

Since this doesnt seem to be a widely known/discussed issue... I was wondering if anyone, as part of brushing their teeth - without any fancypants waterjet toothbrush or an anti-gag-reflex of iron - pay attention to this area - and if so how they go about keeping them clean.

Tx

2. Link to Post #2
    Wales Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,775 times in 1,313 posts

Default Re:Cleaning behind your tonsils

Quote Posted by TigaHawk (here)
    Tip's? Idea's? Trick's?

Our whole house has come down with a cold. In between my hacking and coughing, i felt something that appeard to be on the back of my throat somewhere. Like a bump.
    Nomatter how many times i swallowed or gargled - still there. Couldent see anything in the mirror either.

Eventualy i get frustrated, as now im fixated on this thing and its driving me nuts. So i use a finger...

the bumpy thing i was feelign was actualy.... behind? underneigth? my tonsils? When i put pressure on it it pushed some of it out, im still feeling something is there tho.

However, its allmost like a... flap? of skin. Any attempts to try and lift it up slightly to get my finger behind it to clean out whatever is there results in an instant gag reflex.

I did a google and found this is actualy quite common with the tonsils, its bits of food etc that get stuck behind there and bacteria grows. The only recommended gargling, or a "water pick" which appears to be a toothbrush without the brush - instead it just spray's water.

Gargling..... doesnt work for me... in that particular aspect anyway. Stubborn things dont wanna budge!

Just thinking about it more - If it's quite common for bacteria and foodstuffs to get lodged and fester back there - it cant be too good for you. Not only can it cause Tonsilitis but you've got bacteria and goodies running down you're throat and into you're stomoch 24/7. And it contributes greatly to bad breath.

Since this doesnt seem to be a widely known/discussed issue... I was wondering if anyone, as part of brushing their teeth - without any fancypants waterjet toothbrush or an anti-gag-reflex of iron - pay attention to this area - and if so how they go about keeping them clean.

Tx
    Hi Tigahawk

Yes it sounds like Tonsils, and you should rinse mouth with MMS and swallow, or colloidal Silver and swallow, or salt water, and spit out.
    Last edited by ROMANWKT; 3rd April 2011 at 09:45.

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

you have small bags of air in the throat called crpyts...... when you cough excessively you can force them to pop... it feels like something stuck in the throat... feels like a small lump....... i done this singing one night......
    There is no theory of evolution...
    There is just a list of creatures that Chuck Norris allows to live

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Setras For This Post:

ROMANWKT (3rd April 2011), TigaHawk (3rd April 2011)

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Have tried gargling/swishing/rinsing with just water, then salt and collidial silver.

It's not working tho. Every time i swallow i can still feel something back there. And its driving me crazy!!

Any tips for what you shuold do to help clean out the stubborn stuff that is not dislodged by gargling/swishing/rinsing ur mouth out? or more details on how to... care for you're tonsils?

6. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Setras (here)
    you have small bags of air in the throat called crpyts...... when you cough excessively you can force them to pop... it feels like something stuck in the throat... feels like a small lump....... i done this singing one night......
    I've been coughing like a madman tryign to clear out stubborn flem the past 2 days. Thank god it's allmost passed - not being able to sleep becuase you're throat feels like you're poking it with a feather sucks!

That makes perfect sense too - perhaps my coughing popped one of those crypts, and by luck i dislodged something in the same area as that which i assumed to be the cause - when it was infact a crypt?

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 times in 659 posts

My son gets tonsil stones - looks like tonsillitis but apart from being a little uncomfortable there are no other symptoms. If you prod these 'spots' debris comes out and all goes back to normal until next time. I don't think there is anything you can do about it apart from regular mouth hygiene. If this sounds anything like what you are experiencing google it and you may find more information. Good health!

8. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 times in 407 posts

ditto,i have a small flap like lump in my throat,i put it down to a fishbone about two months previous.
    it depends on what im eating or drinking,whether it will be noticable or not...
    I rinse with food grade hydrogen peroxide and gargle,and im hoping it will go away.....
    This surprised me to read about it on this forum...anyone else.?

9. Link to Post #8
    England Avalon Member Connecting with Sauce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 times in 354 posts

Default Re: Cleaning behind your tonsils

I had this years ago when I was at university doing my masters... before I was aware... I had them removed (tonsils)... I had pussie stuff come out of them that smelt terrible... I would definitely try detoxing and MMS etc before surgery...

+ Reply to Thread