+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst 1 6 16 19 LastLast

Thread: A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan

1. Link to Post #301
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Exclamation Re: A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan

An Update ...

Alfred Lambremont Webre and Leuren Moret:
    Fukushima radiation outcome is extermination that human Spirit can avoid

Published on Oct 17, 2013

2. Link to Post #302
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Question Re: A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan

Can this disaster get any scarier ...

Special Report: Help wanted in Fukushima: Low pay, high risks and gangsters

Tetsuya Hayashi went to Fukushima to take a job at ground zero of the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl. He lasted less than two weeks... Read more with video report here

3. Link to Post #303
    Great Britain Avalon Member Kiforall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,698 times in 526 posts

Default Re: A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan

Experts don't know what's happening.........

NYTimes Experts: Fukushima is having bigger effect on environment than we expected, we don't know what's happening — Radioactive releases from plant spiking this year — "Worrisome problems"

Experiencing pain and suffering is the gateway to joy and happiness.
    It's chronic pain that prevents the gateway opening.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kiforall For This Post:

Bob (29th October 2013), chocolate (30th October 2013), giovonni (30th October 2013)

5. Link to Post #304
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

Default Re: A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan

As a film addict I am watching the first X-men: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120903/?ref_=fn_al_tt_5. Round about the time when a senator is kidnapped (I am bad with names) and Magnito makes some sort of an experiment where he creates incredibly high radiation level around himself and the senator (and I think he also creates a wormhole in space-time) i was listening to the explanation that when normal humans experience high levels of radiation, some of them with the necessary predisposition mutate and become like the rest of the X-Men. I guess I have just overdeveloped imagination; I can't help but wonder...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Krist (2nd November 2013)

7. Link to Post #305
    Great Britain Avalon Member Kiforall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,698 times in 526 posts

There was speculation/unconfirmed reports that reactor 5 and 6 had been seen smoking/steam rising after the earthquake on 25th October. Would tie in with this information below.

This is a live map from www.netc.com showing elevated, high and even an alert level statuses all across the U.S..
    Experiencing pain and suffering is the gateway to joy and happiness.
    It's chronic pain that prevents the gateway opening.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiforall For This Post:

giovonni (31st October 2013), MargueriteBee (2nd November 2013)

9. Link to Post #306
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Question Re: A Coverup -California Northwest USA BC Canada under radiation threat as high as Japan

NEW

Japan Nuclear Disaster

Yoichi Shimatsu

Update 10.28.13

Note contains a special report in regards to Michael Collins EnviroReporter

Listen here

10. Link to Post #307
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    Can this disaster get any scarier ...

Special Report: Help wanted in Fukushima: Low pay, high risks and gangsters

Tetsuya Hayashi went to Fukushima to take a job at ground zero of the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl. He lasted less than two weeks... Read more with video report here

The whole point being inexperienced contractors coming in with low bids, deceiving workers, manipulating worker's paychecks and skimming, deluding them into telling them that it is safe to be in a high radiation zone when it is not. The fellow left because of the scandals, theft of wages, misrepresentation.

Clearly reading the Reuters scoop, Fukushima is a disaster, efforts are not appropriately handling the disaster. AND that somebody with real authority has to step up to the plate and deal with the whole mess.

11. Link to Post #308
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

John B. Wells on C2C AM ~ Fukushima Special 11 10 2013

program descriptive page here

12. Link to Post #309
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

13. Link to Post #310
    United States Avalon Member GreenGuy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 times in 424 posts

I have no idea whether this guy is credible or not. But in the interest of balance, here's an article that claims the radiation from Fukushima is no big deal...

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/oaklan...nt?oid=3776514

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

giovonni (13th December 2013)

15. Link to Post #311
    Thanks

From the article:

"But scientists at UC Berkeley's Department of Nuclear Engineering who have searched for signs of contamination say there is no legitimate scientific data to back up any of these concerns, and that radioactive levels in the Bay Area aren't worth worrying about. "Nobody is exposed to any dangerous levels of anything," said Edward Morse, professor of nuclear engineering at UC Berkeley. "I haven't seen a single record of anything that would be of concern." At the UC Berkeley Nuclear Engineering Air Monitoring Station, researchers have also failed to detect radioactive isotopes from the Fukushima reactors in a diverse range of tests, including on local salmon, seaweed, milk, seawater, and more. Soy sauce made in Japan and purchased locally also did not reveal radioactive isotopes from Fukushima."

Their research projects are funded in large part (if not entirely) by the nuclear industry. On the UC Berkeley Department of Nuclear Engineering homepage, we see "CONGRATULATIONS TO NE STUDENTS FOR WINNING THE 2013 ANS DESIGN COMPETITION!" http://www.nuc.berkeley.edu/

A quick Google search led me to the American Nuclear Society whose website tells us that they are "the premier professional society serving the nuclear industry." (emphasis mine) http://www.ans.org

A search for "nuclear industry funding higher education" led me to discover that the nuclear industry provided $10 million to higher education in 2012.

These "researchers" are bought and paid for by the nuclear industry. It's the same old story: lies upon lies. It never stops.

Quote Posted by GreenGuy (here)
    I have no idea whether this guy is credible or not. But in the interest of balance, here's an article that claims the radiation from Fukushima is no big deal...

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/oaklan...nt?oid=3776514
    Last edited by carriellbee; 13th December 2013 at 22:15. Reason: punctuation

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carriellbee For This Post:

conk (5th February 2014), giovonni (13th December 2013)

17. Link to Post #312
    Thanks

Quote Posted by carriellbee (here)
    These "researchers" are bought and paid for by the nuclear industry. It's the same old story: lies upon lies. It never stops.
    Yeah, I caught that as well...and I figure you're just about 100% right. But I still try not to make assumptions and to keep an open mind. We see a lot of scare-mongering - photos of weird-looking produce that's supposedly mutated because of Fukushima; reports that thousands of babies have already died; populations of marine animals collapsing, etc etc etc....

If this stuff is all true, then we are looking at our own extinction event. The 4 or 5 generations it would take for humanity to become un-viable, is but a blink in time. I just think that the story is going to turn out to be more complicated than that.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

giovonni (27th December 2013)

19. Link to Post #313
    Thanks

BUT... We do live in a magical world, a world where magic can, and does, happen every day. Our minds really are so very powerful and we CAN help the earth to heal the damage that has been done. Or maybe the earth will heal herself without us. Maybe we *will* become extinct, but so what? WE (who we really are) absolutely cannot be destroyed. We will continue, even if "earth humans" cease to exist. We are eternal and we can inhabit any physical body anywhere.

This radiation stuff is really scary, but why bother being scared? We will all be back, if not here, then somewhere else. I love the earth and I love all of its creatures, but I also feel that what we are going through here has a purpose, the meaning of which is still unclear.

Quote Posted by GreenGuy (here)
    Quote Posted by carriellbee (here)
    Yeah, I caught that as well...and I figure you're just about 100% right. But I still try not to make assumptions and to keep an open mind. We see a lot of scare-mongering - photos of weird-looking produce that's supposedly mutated because of Fukushima; reports that thousands of babies have already died; populations of marine animals collapsing, etc etc etc....

If this stuff is all true, then we are looking at our own extinction event. The 4 or 5 generations it would take for humanity to become un-viable, is but a blink in time. I just think that the story is going to turn out to be more complicated than that.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carriellbee For This Post:

giovonni (30th December 2013), GreenGuy (16th December 2013)

21. Link to Post #314
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

will share this here ...

Mark Snider - Fukushima Round Table Discussion with James Horak

Fukushima Round Table Discussion 2
    Quote Ohio Exopolitics

The cores on all three reactors melted down. These are the events that caused these reactors to melt down:

1. The water in the containment vessel evaporated because the pumps that keep the coolant water flowing were disabled by the flooding waters of the tsunami;

2.The nuclear fuel became uncovered and heated up to a temperature of 2,300 degrees celsius.

3. The nuclear fuel melted and mixed with the materials in the containment vessel;

4. This melted core formed a magma called corium which flowed down to the bottom of the reactor vessel.

5. The corium pierced the containment vessel and fell on the concrete containment.

Currently we don't know what quantity of corium has fallen and how deep did the corium pierce the concrete containment vessel ?
    Published on Dec 29, 2013

22. Link to Post #315
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

the latest ...

From Infowars ...

Fukushima Radiation Hits U.S. Coastline

'Alex breaks the bombshell news that the radiation wave from the Fukushima disaster
    has already arrived' ...

Published on Jan 6, 2014

23. Link to Post #316
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

From Jeff Rense

Fukushima Nuclear
    Catastrophe 3-11-11

NEW
    Yoichi Shimatsu
    Japan Update
    Listen here

24. Link to Post #317
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Mayor of Town That Hosted Fukushima Nuclear Plant
    says He Was Told: "No Accident Could Ever Happen" ?

Published on Jan 17, 2014

25. Link to Post #318
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

New Fukushima Radiation Study Will Focus on West Coast Kelp Forests ...

Researchers are launching a new project to monitor California’s kelp forests for radiation
    from the Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan... Read more

26. Link to Post #319
    Thanks

Here's the latest that I've read: International marine science organization releases report on radiation in Pacific Ocean

It's dated today, Jan. 20, 2014.

And an article that ran yesterday on al-Jazeera points out that citizens are monitoring radiation because the feds aren't doing the job.
    Last edited by GreenGuy; 20th January 2014 at 22:35.
    Dammit, honey! You left the seat down again!

27. Link to Post #320
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Mysterious epidemic devastates starfish population off the Pacific Coast ?

"Up and down the Pacific Coast, starfish are dying by the tens of thousands and no one knows why. Special correspondent Katie Campbell reports from Seattle on how researchers and citizen scientists are investigating the spread of the mysterious and distressing syndrome."

Published on Jan 30, 2014

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst 1 6 16 19 LastLast