+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Were Your Keys to Awakening

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default What Were Your Keys to Awakening

What were key figures and events that were instrumental in the evolution your political awareness?

Brief sampling of mine:

Noam Chomsky: "The public is the enemy"

In the early 90's Chomsky videos were some of the only "truth" to be found

Gary Webb

(Beware the horrible cover of Redemption Song at the end. Yeesh)

Sources
    Out beyond the ideas of right-doing or wrong-doing there is a field- I'll meet you there.

-Jelaluddin Rumi

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3optic For This Post:

crosby (6th April 2011), Pagan (6th April 2011), panopticon (6th April 2011), Tony (6th April 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: What Were Your Keys to Awakening

As long as I have been somewhat politically aware(from somewhere between 15-20y)I got the gut feeling that things were wrong. Wondering trough life and, ofc realizing more and more that things really were wrong. when the world of internet opened up, in the nineties my mind started to open up as well, the anomalies in the history writing of events during the times of ww 2 and the media concentration of today. I'll also understood this cant go on for very long, It just have to crash at some point. This was 20 y ago.

Then I saw a documentary(late 2007) on the webb, about 911. I was shocked and utterly apalled. However even that I knew the money ruled the globe, I always thought the world economy were a "monster" beyond control. Then first in the fall of 2010 "the coin went down, all the way" and I realized what was going on... My goodness, were living in a nightmare!

The past 7-8 months I've been studying a lot. So one can say that I have been more and more awake since or during those months. The final awakening has been a long process for me, even thoughI'll never was in hibernation as so many others. Takes long time to awaken from a deep sleep, this must go for most people, I guess.

This is my story.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pagan For This Post:

3optic (6th April 2011), crosby (6th April 2011), Fred Steeves (7th April 2011), panopticon (6th April 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

G'day 3optic,

I can listen to Noam all day long. Sometimes I have!
    Others include: Bookchin, Foucault, Bourdieu, Berlin.
    Way too many to list!

Adam Curtis is a documentary maker for the BBC whom I admire (his blog is here).
    John Pilger (the 2009 Sydney peace prize winner) is another documentary maker I admire both for his work and his stances (his website is here).

Kind Regards,
    Panopticon
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

3optic (6th April 2011), Pagan (6th April 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

3optic, i was just pondering this question myself this morning, although, i was thinking more along the lines of: how is it that a mass awakening could even occur? and why are some people born with the knowledge already, while others never quite receive it? it seems too me, that something must have occurred for a huge mass awakening to take place, like one day tbtw forgot to turn on or turn off something!!!!!! and then the ones born with the knowledge, how are they different? what do they have naturally that tptw could not affect in the first place? or perhaps it's extraterrestrial in nature.???

but back too your question: i too watched a video on 911: loose change. was shocking but at the same time, i already seemed too know that something was wrong. i guess i just didn't know how to voice it back then. i mean who could imagine such an elaborate scam, sham, brought about without our consent or knowledge. yikes. seems so surreal, but it is the truth. i work at trying to wake people up everyday. sometimes i succeed and sometimes i get laughed at. but i'll keep spreading the word, it needs to be spoken, loudly for all too hear.
    warmest regards, corson

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crosby For This Post:

3optic (6th April 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

I knew something was really wrong when I was forced to go to church as a child. I would sit there studying all the brainwashed people around me, resisting the temptation to run round and give them all a good shake. I don't why I knew that then though. That's what gets me... Those of us who just 'knew' how did we know? Why did we know? From Past lives? Have we been given some kind of mission but don't remember? Why don't my friends just bloody well know?!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juliagulia55 For This Post:

3optic (7th April 2011), crosby (6th April 2011), Heartsong (6th April 2011), Pagan (7th April 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

I wondered at a very early age about the death on a cross that saved our souls from sin, and then I wondered why the world was so full of sin if that had been true. I was completely unhappy with my life, thinking I was so good and yet being the opposite. Where was the sense? I trust that life just wakes us up, leads us to where we can do it, whether it is through a person or a book or whatever else might initiate the awakening.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

3optic (7th April 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,363 times in 432 posts

The more deeply one is curious to know or understand something, the more likely one is to set aside any socially engineered biases.

Upon discovery, there is the obvious subsequent desire to step toward communicating these bits of information to others.

Not being thoroughly familiar with the innate paradigm of cognitive biases, one will be stuck and unable to transfer these discoveries to others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

Belief bias
    – "an effect where someone's evaluation of the logical strength of an argument is biased by the believability of the conclusion."

“You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew.”
    -- Albert Einstein

The idea that divides is "You believing what you want to believe, and someone else accepting that they are permitted to believe something else."

The more adventurous set aside their biases sooner because the truth is more important. Changing our biases takes effort.

Like a 'wash & rinse' cycle, adjusting our biases will continue for the duration of life.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 58andfixed For This Post:

3optic (7th April 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member Cyber_warrior's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote What Were Your Keys to Awakening
    What were key figures and events that were instrumental in the evolution your political awareness?
    -Yes Noam Chomsky in regards to our trusted media.
    He coined the phrase media generated manufactured consensus.
    But by far the most energetic electrifying informed influence on my current political view has to be Alex Jones.
    Road to Tyranny, my first then i googled him and watched every video he made. The Oboma Deception was awesome as well.
    And loose change and Terror storm were also good.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyber_warrior For This Post:

3optic (7th April 2011), crosby (7th April 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote I wondered at a very early age about the death on a cross that saved our souls from sin, and then I wondered why the world was so full of sin if that had been true.
    Yes, when I was a kid and as long I can remember I felt anguish inside churches, also same questioning as above. The feeling of anguish stayed there all the way till I'll understood the hoax.

I think the 3 religions and the banking system alone ruined the world. The religions corrupted our original culture and natural way of thinking and the banks enslaved us. Those are the logical factors and I can´t really see any other causes for our situation of today.

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by corson (here)
    3optic, i was just pondering this question myself this morning, although, i was thinking more along the lines of: how is it that a mass awakening could even occur? and why are some people born with the knowledge already, while others never quite receive it? it seems too me, that something must have occurred for a huge mass awakening to take place, like one day tbtw forgot to turn on or turn off something!!!!!! and then the ones born with the knowledge, how are they different? what do they have naturally that tptw could not affect in the first place? or perhaps it's extraterrestrial in nature.???

but back too your question: i too watched a video on 911: loose change. was shocking but at the same time, i already seemed too know that something was wrong. i guess i just didn't know how to voice it back then. i mean who could imagine such an elaborate scam, sham, brought about without our consent or knowledge. yikes. seems so surreal, but it is the truth. i work at trying to wake people up everyday. sometimes i succeed and sometimes i get laughed at. but i'll keep spreading the word, it needs to be spoken, loudly for all too hear.
    warmest regards, corson
    I saw Loose Change and it made me angry. My subconscious mind directed the anger toward the filmmakers completely irrationally! I couldn't deny the holes in the official story so I got angry that people wanted to know. I believed it was perverse and morbid to exhume the 9-11 tragedy. It took some time to adjust my thinking. Now I often see people get angry when they are confronted with material concerning the National Security State. I think it's best done with humor.

More Danny Shine..

You may recall Danny was asked to cease his satirical shenanigans but he has recently rejoined the battle of absurdity. This is a boon to humorists and hand puppets everywhere.
    Last edited by 3optic; 7th April 2011 at 07:46.
    Out beyond the ideas of right-doing or wrong-doing there is a field- I'll meet you there.

-Jelaluddin Rumi

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

Quote Posted by Cyber_warrior (here)
    Quote What Were Your Keys to Awakening
    -Yes Noam Chomsky in regards to our trusted media.
    He coined the phrase media generated manufactured consensus.
    But by far the most energetic electrifying informed influence on my current political view has to be Alex Jones.
    Road to Tyranny, my first then i googled him and watched every video he made. The Oboma Deception was awesome as well.
    And loose change and Terror storm were also good.
    cyber_warrior, i agree with you, i also thought that "The Fall of The Republic" was an outstanding piece. made my day and confirmed what i had just begun semi-recently to suspect.
    regards, corson

3optic, i know, right? at first, you can't believe what is right in front of you. then, when your mind will allow you to causally put the pieces together, you can start too see the bigger picture. i was just pissed off when i put 2 and 2 together.
    Last edited by crosby; 7th April 2011 at 08:16. Reason: additional commentary

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

3optic (7th April 2011), ktlight (7th April 2011)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

One of my keys was Kerry and Bill. The thought struck me that while I felt that I had some small insight, it gave me great cause to pause, publicly my thoughts were mainstream, privately another matter entirely. But here were two individuals who were prepared to stick their necks out, not for ego gain, or financial reward, just to inform. That courage gave me great strength. I think wiser souls have said it better:

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean that politics won't take an interest in you." - Pericles

"The very word secrecy is repugnant in a free and open society and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it." - John F. Kennedy

"Few men have the virtue to withstand the highest bidder." - George Washington

"There's no limit to how complicated things can get, on account of one thing always leading to another." - E.B. White

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when we contemplate the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose your curiosity." - Albert Einstein

"Do not wait for leaders. Do it alone. Person to person." - Mother Teresa

22. Link to Post #13
    TimelessDimensions

Keys to my car:

I. My meditations

II. My dreams

III. a Martial Arts Master

IV. The Kybalion

VI. The Tao Te Ching

VII. Tha Law of One (RA Material)

VIII. YouTube documentaries

IX. More meditation...

X. ?

23. Link to Post #14
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

AA the precursor to which I would not recommend.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

3optic (10th April 2011), Roseheart (9th April 2011), sandy (10th April 2011), wynderer (10th April 2011)

25. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    AA the precursor to which I would not recommend.
    Chris
    Same.

Btw I should have been clear as to wether I meant to spiritual or political. I was referring to the latter but one often leads to the other and all answers are welcome.

There's also awakening to the ET presence and the accompanying high strangeness. My introduction went something like this:

Jim Sparks Coast to Coast interview, George Green on Coast to Coast (which also alerted me to Agenda 21) followed by the PC library. I then went to Alan Watt, Alex Jones, Freeman and Bill Deagle for daily updates. I nearly lost my mind and would have without a powerful meditation practice I luckily was taught around this time. I also convinced my gf I was irretrievably weird. That's worth it's own thread..

-Jelaluddin Rumi

26. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

project camelot interview with John Lear, Bob Dean, and a vid about Bob Lazar. I wonder what else is out there. Then down the rabbit hole I went.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

3optic (10th April 2011)

28. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Heartsong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 times in 498 posts

I grew up in a house where politics were discussed nearly nightly. Dad was a civil servant at a high management level (just below elected officials). That what was going on was not presented accurately in the press was a given. That history was often not written correctly was also a given.

I attended a very non-religious, non-spiritual version of the Unitarian Church.

Upon reflection, I grew up just knowing for a fact that which humans create were as flawed as humans themselves. I'm not surprised that there are mysterious things that are "down the rabbit hole".... but they are flawed too.
    Last edited by Heartsong; 10th April 2011 at 22:03.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Heartsong For This Post:

58andfixed (11th April 2011)

30. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,157 times in 529 posts

from very young i always had a gut feeling things were not right.
    i thought different from my peers and was deep.
    but when you are ridiculed you tend to think it is you that is wrong.
    without a proper education and guidence ,this was even more difficult.
    even now when i do express my thoughts and views to others ,it is difficult.
    then about 2 years ago i discovered camelot,WOW.
    i watched the video interviews.
    i read transcipts.
    i went to david ickes site.
    i went to david wilcoks.
    but i only joined one and that is avalon.
    so here i am now,aware not fully awake,but learning.
    i thank you all

+ Reply to Thread