Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FBI discloses ROSWELL Report

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member jjl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 544 posts

Default Re: FBI discloses ROSWELL Report

Quote Posted by viking (here)
    Story in the 'sun' as well ... needs to be the 'Times' and a top rank news channel!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...e-X-Files.html

viking
    It's been picked up for Yahoo's front page...I don't see a need to post the link
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 12th April 2011 at 16:50. Reason: fixed broken link

2. Link to Post #22
    Inelia

Thanks for the link, this is awesome

3. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Disclosure is underway. Slowly, just like Bob Dean describes. Slowly, we don't want folks to go by the way of Billy Do.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jake For This Post:

noprophet (12th April 2011)

5. Link to Post #24
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,427 times in 622 posts

Apparently the "Guy Hottel" memo dated 22/3/1950 was first obtained by Bruce Maccabee under a FOIA during the 1970s. Then later reprinted by Linda Moulton Howe in her book "Glimpses of Other Realities, Vol 2: High Strangeness" with acknowledgement toBruce Maccabee's source in 1998 !

Thus it would appear that credit for the original exposure of this and other related memos should rightly go to these 2 people.

That said, obviously the 1970s and 1998 exposures don't appear to have been noted much, beyond the ufo community.

However surely the important point is that this information coming from the FBI reaches everybody. We all have a right to know.

It seems that while many people have been looking towards one or more of our "puppet leaders" for disclosure, the job has been initiated by the FBI putting this out via the web, and letting the ufo community assist them spreading the word.

Here in the UK, it's been in several mainstream newspapers, but I've still not heard anything from the BBC.
    Probably for this reason, very few people are taking any interest so far.

Kind regards to you all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to boja For This Post:

MMA_Fan (15th April 2011)

7. Link to Post #25
    Brazil Avalon Member
    Thanks

I've just come across this article: http://www.universetoday.com/84789/f...ll/#more-84789

Can anybody comment on that? I feel Universe Today often tries really hard to debunk internet rumours, so I am hoping, for disclosure's sake, that someone can tell me they are wrong.

Thanks.

8. Link to Post #26
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,427 times in 622 posts

Quote Posted by alemao (here)
    I've just come across this article: http://www.universetoday.com/84789/f...ll/#more-84789

Can anybody comment on that? I feel Universe Today often tries really hard to debunk internet rumours, so I am hoping, for disclosure's sake, that someone can tell me they are wrong.

Thanks.

The "Guy Hottel" memo doesn't necessarily prove the Roswell incident.
    However, the Roswell crash was not the only one before 1950.
    Importantly, the memo indicates that UFOs and ETs were retrieved around that time in that part of the USA.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to boja For This Post:

MMA_Fan (15th April 2011)

10. Link to Post #27
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by alemao (here)

Thanks.
    Hey

I just read that article myself (http://www.universetoday.com/84789/f...ed-in-roswell/) and after doing a quick google I found this (http://www.skepdic.com/aztec.html) in relation to the for mentioned article:

-"Aztec (New Mexico) UFO Hoax

The Aztec UFO Hoax was the work of Variety columnist Frank Scully who was hoaxed by two con men, Silas M. Newton and Leo A. Gebauer. Scully liked the hoax so much he wrote a book based on it: Behind the Flying Saucers. Scully claimed that a UFO had landed in Hart Canyon 12 miles northeast of Aztec in March of 1948 and sixteen humanoid bodies were discovered at the crash site inside a metal disk that was 99.99 (not 100) feet in diameter. A conspiring military secretly removed the craft and the bodies for their sinister research. No one in the area noticed the crash or the military activity, however. With no witnesses, Newton and Gebauer could play wildly with the truth.

Newton and Gebauer were involved in oil exploration finance schemes. Their hoax was perpetrated to get investors. They claimed they had built a machine that would find oil and natural gas deposits using alien technology. J.P. Cahn of the San Francisco Chronicle had some of the "alien" metal tested and determined it was aluminum. Cahn's account of the phony alien ship appeared in True magazine in 1952. Several people who had been swindled by Newton and Gebauer came forward. One of their victims, Herman Glader, a millionaire from Denver, pressed charges and the pair was convicted of fraud and related charges in 1953. (They had charged $18,500 for a "tuner" which could be bought at surplus stores for $3.50 at the time.)

The Aztec story was revived in 1986 by William Steinman and Wendelle Stevens in their privately-published book called UFO Crash at Aztec. It was revived again in 1998 when Linda Mouton Howe, a UFO and Art Bell mainstay, claimed she had government documents that proved the Aztec crash. What she had was a rumor eight times removed from the source, Silas Newton, that eventually ended up in a memo written to J. Edgar Hoover. Newton told George Koehler about 3-foot tall aliens and their saucer; Koehler told Morley Davies who told Jack Murphy and I. J. van Horn who told Rudy Fick who told the editor of the Wyandotte Echo in Kansas City where it was read by an Air Force agent in the Office of Special Investigations who passed on the story to Guy Hottel of the FBI who sent a memo to his boss (Thomas).

The citizens of Aztec have seen how Roswell has turned UFO mania into a profitable tourist attraction and have followed suit. Like the citizens of Roswell, they now sponsor an annual UFO Festival. The festival was started as a way to raise money for the town's library. There must be a better way."-

A couple things that bother me... The report that Newton originally gave has a completely different description then what's actually in the memo. 2nd there is no mention in the memo that the report came from Aztec. 3rd why would someone in the Air force relay something to an FBI agent that he herd through the grapevine and hadn't actually witnessed himself? Now on the other hand in both accounts the report was handed off to an agent named Guy Hottel which would be quite an extraordinary coincidence. This one leaves me kind of puzzled. One has to ask themselves "Why would the FBI publish the report on there site if they knew it was a hoax in the first place?". Anybody else have any info?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gone001 For This Post:

alemao (12th April 2011), str8thinker (20th April 2011)

12. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Aldous (here)
    A couple things that bother me... The report that Newton originally gave has a completely different description then what's actually in the memo. 2nd there is no mention in the memo that the report came from Aztec. 3rd why would someone in the Air force relay something to an FBI agent that he herd through the grapevine and hadn't actually witnessed himself? Now on the other hand in both accounts the report was handed off to an agent named Guy Hottel which would be quite an extraordinary coincidence. This one leaves me kind of puzzled. One has to ask themselves "Why would the FBI publish the report on there site if they knew it was a hoax in the first place?". Anybody else have any info?
    the debunk story has so many holes in it you'd think the debunkers would have used occam's razor a long time ago

The 'informant' is only credited with the information of where the crash took place.

The rest of the information is relayed via the 'Air Forces Investigator'- per the guy hottel memo. The debunk appears to be disinfo.

And to reiterate: the Air Forces since 1958 have been the gov't agency in charge of investigating and documenting UFO claims. The FBI site likely will have very little info in the way of public disclosure. The Air Forces was chosen to collect this data because they are not accountable to the public the way the FBI is.

13. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 times in 676 posts

Quote Posted by boja (here)
    Apparently the "Guy Hottel" memo dated 22/3/1950 was first obtained by Bruce Maccabee under a FOIA during the 1970s. Then later reprinted by Linda Moulton Howe in her book "Glimpses of Other Realities, Vol 2: High Strangeness" with acknowledgement toBruce Maccabee's source in 1998 !

Thus it would appear that credit for the original exposure of this and other related memos should rightly go to these 2 people.
    I think the real weight of it now - with technology how it is - is that it's being hosted and presented by a .gov website directly from the source.

14. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Richard Dolan is going to be doing an interview soon (Coast to Coast maybe?) and he's gonna be discussing this "report."

I'll be interested to hear what he says.

15. Link to Post #31
    Brazil Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by s3nru (here)
    The 'informant' is only credited with the information of where the crash took place.
    Hadn't noticed that, thank you for pointing that out.

16. Link to Post #32
    Australia Avalon Member str8thinker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 times in 530 posts

As Alice in Wonderland exclaimed, "Curiouser and curiouser."

Let me get this straight.

Hottel's 1950 memo says three flying saucers were recovered from New Mexico. It does NOT say that they were all from the same crash. There could have been up to three separate crashes.

Much has been said about the Aztec crash, and equally much that it was a hoax, so to me it seems safe to discount this one.

The other memo published in the Daily Mail article (see above) referred to a hexagonal object "purporting" to be a flying saucer.

Quote Another memo published in The Vault from 1947 claimed that an object 'purporting to be a flying disc' had been recovered near Roswell.

The disc was 'hexagonal in shape' and 'suspended from a balloon by a cable', according to the memo, marked as 'Urgent', to the FBI director.

The memo noted that the disc resembled a weather balloon - but claimed that a telephone conversation between the Air Force and the field office 'had not [word censored] borne out this belief'.

The disc and balloon were being transported to Wright Field for further inspection, the memo noted.
    This is more in keeping with what John Loftus alleged here, although after hearing Tom Carey speak, there seem to have been two UFOs crashing at Roswell that day, neither being hexagonal. A radar disk or a microphone reflector (for the tape recorder in Loftus's weather balloon) seems a far likelier candidate.

The Daily Mail also went on to include the time-worn pics of alien bodies and I-beams, failing to mention that they were not included with the FBI Memo, LOL.

So I can't help wondering if Hottel's memo was planted to do more harm than good by deliberately being so vague as to deter investigators from proceeding further. I am no Roswell expert, though Tom Carey appears to be one. I would certainly be interested in his comments if someone asks him about Hottel's report on a radio show.
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still time. BELIEVE. There is GOOD out there. We OPpose DECEPTION. COnduit CLOSING.
    - Crabwood crop circle, 2002.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to str8thinker For This Post:

alemao (20th April 2011)

18. Link to Post #33
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,246 times in 853 posts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2