Thread: The Meaning Of Life

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Member jesterking's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: The Meaning Of Life

life is a test of multiple choice,

a "choose your own adventure" book.

the goal- to make decisions, choose well, to learn from poor choices,

eventually wisdom and experience limits your choices, you eliminate the bad through time,

how quick you learn is determined by how you learn, do you learn by the impact of negative? or the effects of the positive?

You choose.
    PLEASE NOTE: tone of voice is sometimes crucial to comedy, and impossible with text, so consider this when you read my posts. If it doesnt seem to make sense....its prolly just a joke...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jesterking For This Post:

Jake (14th August 2011)

3. Link to Post #82
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 times in 343 posts

Selflessness.

toothpick

4. The Following User Says Thank You to toothpick For This Post:

Lord Sidious (11th August 2011)

5. Link to Post #83
    Australia Avalon Member DoubleHelix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 times in 438 posts

To experience, highs lows and everything in between.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleHelix For This Post:

7. Link to Post #84
    France Avalon Member
    Thanks

.... to really be our true selves and to share that with others.... to love all ... to serve all....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fosselovelight For This Post:

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,760 times in 350 posts

Contentment
    "Thinking: The talking of the soul with itself” - Plato
    LOVE, LOVE, always LOVE

10. Link to Post #86
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

IS. always was and always will be. namaste.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jjjones For This Post:

Lord Sidious (14th August 2011)

12. Link to Post #87
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I can't use words to answer this thread's question. None of them are big enough or accomplish the goal I set for them.

I can answer the question inside me, using feelings and intuitive responses, but when I try to send it outward and share it, nothing feels right.

Maybe the correct answer is supposed to live in our cells.

13. Link to Post #88
    Netherlands Avalon Member Krullenjongen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ineffable Hitchhiker (here)
    To learn, love and evolve.
    If evolution is true then there is no meaning.
    Then we are the result of a big cosmic burp which by change resulted in life.
    So if it is all chance then there is no reason for or meaning to life.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Krullenjongen For This Post:

GCS1103 (14th August 2011)

15. Link to Post #89
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I think if your acting from a higher level of consciousness in everything you do then, simply anything you do is perfect, although anything at all in the end is perfect, it's all experience, which is what the universe wants, but it's nice when your doing things through a level of higher consciousness because you flow with the construct.... and then anything you want will manifest

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lysander For This Post:

17. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

To me the meaning of life is the discovery that there is a God, or Source,
    which becomes evident during mystical moments when reality becomes more real than normal.

Here is something from the www.wingmakers.com site.
    This is God, or First Source, speaking to man.

"It is my voice that awakened you to individuality, but it will be your will that awakens you to our unity.

It is your desire to know me as your self that brings you to my presence so perfectly hidden from your world.

I am behind everything that you see, hear, touch, taste, smell, feel, and believe.

I live for your discovery of me."

And in the Bahai writings: http://info.bahai.org/article-1-3-2-4.html

"When I contemplate, O my God, the relationship that bindeth me to Thee,

I am moved to proclaim to all created things `verily I am God!';

and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!"

On the whole one needs to experience moments when one's consciousness is elevated, to see it clearly.

18. Link to Post #91
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 times in 284 posts

Quote Posted by Normalguy31 (here)
    I want to know everyone's best answer to the ultimate question in as few words as possible.

What is the meaning of life?

To love, and teach your family, and friends.
    Assortment of possible answers:

To whoever invented fantasy, redwood trees, and apple pie for breakfast: well done. ~Dr. SunWolf

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~Elwyn Brooks White

Life is simple, it's just not easy. ~Author Unknown

Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee,
    And I'll forgive Thy great big one on me.
    ~Robert Frost

In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. ~Kathy Norris

We are born wet, naked, and hungry. Then things get worse. ~Author Unknown

Life is a cement trampoline. ~Howard Nordberg

Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: "I am with you kid. Let's go." ~Maya Angelou

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out. ~Anton Chekhov

Life is a long process of getting tired. ~Samuel Butler

The world is a grindstone and life is your nose. ~Fred Allen

Life is the sum of all your choices. ~Albert Camus

Life is not fair, nor has it ever been, but the morning seems determined to dawn until it is. ~Robert Brault

Life is like eating artichokes; you have got to go through so much to get so little. ~Thomas Aloysius Dorgan

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth. ~Martin H. Fischer

Life has no auto-settings. No batteries. You gots to wind it up! ~Jeb Dickerson

It is while you are patiently toiling at the little tasks of life that the meaning and shape of the great whole of life dawn on you. ~Phillips Brooks

Literature is mostly about having sex and not much about having children; life is the other way around. ~David Lodge

We should give meaning to life, not wait for life to give us meaning. ~Stacy

Life is like an onion; you peel off layer after layer and then you find there is nothing in it. ~James Gibbons Huneker

In life, as in restaurants, we swallow a lot of indigestible stuff just because it comes with the dinner. ~Mignon McLaughlin

Life is not like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow. ~Author Unknown

The universe is like a safe to which there is a combination. But the combination is locked up in the safe. ~Peter De Vries

Life is a s**t sandwich. But if you've got enough bread, you don't taste the s**t. ~Jonathan Winters

The basic fact about human existence is not that it is a tragedy, but that it is a bore. It is not so much a war as an endless standing in line. ~H.L. Mencken

Almost everything in life is easier to get into than out of. ~Agnes' Law

Why does a person even get up in the morning? You have breakfast, you floss your teeth so you'll have healthy gums in your old age, and then you get in your car and drive down I-10 and die. Life is so stupid I can't stand it. ~Barbara Kingsolver
    Hope springs eternal in the human breast; Man never Is, but always To be blest: The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home, Rests and expatiates in a life to come.
    Alexander Pope

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bollinger For This Post:

Lord Sidious (14th August 2011), Mr PresindetBR (15th January 2012), yasmu (14th August 2011)

20. Link to Post #92
    Afghanistan Avalon Member yasmu's Avatar
    Thanks

To experience the physical while keeping touch with the spiritual

21. The Following User Says Thank You to yasmu For This Post:

22. Link to Post #93
    Thanks

.....If I may.....
    "Life and love are life and love, a bunch of violets is a bunch of violets, and to drag in the idea of a point is to ruin everything. Live and let live, love and let love, flower and fade, and follow the natural curve, which flows on, pointless."
    — D.H. Lawrence
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

Lord Sidious (14th August 2011), Seikou-Kishi (14th August 2011)

24. Link to Post #94
    Australia Avalon Member service2others's Avatar
    Thanks

ZetaTalk: Meaning of Life
    Note: written Oct 15, 1995.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humans, unsure of an afterlife and without proof that reincarnation exists, often wonder what the point of it all is. Why struggle to be good when good guys seem to finish last. Why work to build an empire when disaster can strike and bring it to ruin. They look around and ask, is this all there is? They wonder if there is a God, or if there is why atrocities are allowed to occur. It all boils down to the question - what is the Meaning of Life?

Confusion is deliberate during 3rd Density, a relatively short density, as the single lesson to be learned comes to a focus fastest when the eye cannot see past the horizon. Service-to-Self or Service-to-Other is the decision to be made, but as this is an emotional and moral decision, rather than an intellectual decision, not knowing the outcome of this decision keeps the action going in the proper arena. Imagine if youngsters in school were given no descriptions on the outcome of their curricular decisions. This is a trendy idea which is scarcely followed, as parents and teachers and family and the media all influence youngsters by pointed references and applause or punishment if not by outright demands. The youngsters might be entranced by building things with blocks but be told that will only lead to a dirty job working with one's hands, or be gifted at music and be enthralled in composing music to the exclusion of all other activities but be reminded just as constantly that performers don't have the lifestyle that white collar professionals can look to. The youngster's choices, in short, are not made based on their inclinations in the main.

During 3rd Density the spiritual choices to be made crystallize quickest when no influences are allowed to interfere. Being aware of the outcome during the learning incarnations slows the process because intellectual decisions are made that are contrary to the emotional and moral leaning, so backsliding and vacillation set in. In situations where 3rd Density entities are told the outcome of their decisions they almost invariably announce they are Service-to-Other, when in fact they are dithering between the orientations and haven't decided. Then hypocrisy sets in as self-centered motives are masked, and when the entity cannot deny to themselves that they are acting with self-centered motives they may abandon the effort altogether in self-defeating rebellion. When unaware, they are more honest with themselves, ponder the results of actions and how they feel about this more openly, try various alternatives more playfully, and in general proceed with the business at hand in a more genuine manner.

During the Transformation few entities complete their 3rd Density lesson under the duress of the rapid pace of change. Some entities leaning toward the Service-to-Other rise to the opportunities presented to do greater acts of service. Many entities leaning strongly toward the Service-to-Self act out their orientation choice without hesitation, practicing for the life they are sensing awaits them, where the spoils go to the strongest and boldest. Those entities who are incarnated undecided into the Transformation, which is now, almost invariably remain in that state, as the increasing polarization in the world around them detracts from, rather than adds to, their own introspective search.

Thus, the Meaning of Life during 3rd Density is to determine your spiritual orientation, which we can tell you now as we are well within the Transformation.

All rights reserved: ZetaTalk@ZetaTalk.com
    The only tragedy there is in the world is ignorance. And all evil comes from there. The only tragedy there is in the world is unwakefulness and unawareness. And from there comes fear… and from fear comes everything else. Watch your thoughts for they become words. Watch your words for they become actions. Watch your actions for they become habits. Watch your habits for they become your character, and watch your character for it becomes your destiny. What we think we become.

25. Link to Post #95
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,468 times in 950 posts

i believe meaning of life is learning/experience to become God which only thing that i can think of...we incarnate into different race/civilization on different universe be all type beings good guys-bad guys and plus we have go through 3D to 12D.

looking at the guys on the top 12D and the really old soul ions of years, they have experience it all and what's the next thing for them? once you reach that stage which is the highest, i do think they working for God and once they have have the experience they became God.
    Last edited by apokalypse; 20th May 2012 at 01:23.

26. Link to Post #96
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,384 times in 633 posts

there is no 'meaning' of life.
    the whole question is a trap designed to get you to intellectualize what is a state of being.
    everything 'just is' regardless of any dogma thats applied to it,
    which will only ever be subjective anyway.
    while we are in the mind thinking about what the meaning is,
    we are not 'being', which is how things should be.

simply 'be'

i reckon.
    Last edited by SKAWF; 20th May 2012 at 01:32.
    when i went there nothing happened!, i was bored out of my mind..................in the Twilight Zone.

27. Link to Post #97
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 times in 327 posts

We are the universe becoming aware of itself. We are expanding and contracting to understand ourselves and to experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5