+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 48 1 11 48 LastLast

Thread: Mother of all Gushers - (Discussion Only Thread)

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

Default Mother of all Gushers - (Discussion Only Thread)

Mother of all gushers could kill Earth's oceans ... Perhaps its time for some intervention!!

Imagine a pipe 5 feet wide spewing crude oil like a fire hose from what could be the planets' largest, high-pressure oil and gas reserve. With the best technology available to man, the Deepwater Horizon rig popped a hole into that reserve and was overwhelmed. If this isn't contained, it could poison all the oceans of the world.

"Well if you say the fire hose has a 70,000 psi pump on the other end yes! No comparison here. The volume out rises geometrically with pressure. Its a squares function. Two times the pressure is 4 times the push. The Alaska pipeline is 4 feet in diameter and pushes with a lot less pressure. This situation in the Gulf of Mexico is stunning dangerous." -- Paul Noel (May 2, 2010)

Last night we received the following text in an email, author not identified. I passed it by Paul Noel, who is an expert in the field. His response follows thereafter. In calculating the gallons required to kill the oceans, remember that oil goes to the surface, where life is concentrated.

The Oil Mess

The original estimate was about 5,000 gallons of oil a day spilling into the ocean. Now they're saying 200,000 gallons a day. That's over a million gallons of crude oil a week!

I'm engineer with 25 years of experience. I've worked on some big projects with big machines. Maybe that's why this mess is so clear to me.

First, the BP platform was drilling for what they call deep oil. They go out where the ocean is about 5,000 feet deep and drill another 30,000 feet into the crust of the earth. This it right on the edge of what human technology can do. Well, this time they hit a pocket of oil at such high pressure that it burst all of their safety valves all the way up to the drilling rig and then caused the rig to explode and sink. Take a moment to grasp the import of that. The pressure behind this oil is so high that it destroyed the maximum effort of human science to contain it.

When the rig sank it flipped over and landed on top of the drill hole some 5,000 feet under the ocean.

Now they've got a hole in the ocean floor, 5,000 feet down with a wrecked oil drilling rig sitting on top of is spewing 200,000 barrels of oil a day into the ocean. Take a moment and consider that, will you!

First they have to get the oil rig off the hole to get at it in order to try to cap it. Do you know the level of effort it will take to move that wrecked oil rig, sitting under 5,000 feet of water? That operation alone would take years and hundreds of millions to accomplish. Then, how do you cap that hole in the muddy ocean floor? There just is no way. No way.

The only piece of human technology that might address this is a nuclear bomb. I'm not kidding. If they put a nuke down there in the right spot it might seal up the hole. Nothing short of that will work.

If we can't cap that hole that oil is going to destroy the oceans of the world. It only takes one quart of motor oil to make 250,000 gallons of ocean water toxic to wildlife. Are you starting to get the magnitude of this?

We're so used to our politicians creating false crises to forward their criminal agendas that we aren't recognizing that we're staring straight into possibly the greatest disaster mankind will ever see. Imagine what happens if that oil keeps flowing until it destroys all life in the oceans of this planet. Who knows how big of a reservoir of oil is down there.

Not to mention that the oceans are critical to maintaining the proper oxygen level in the atmosphere for human life.

We're humped. Unless God steps in and fixes this. No human can. You can be sure of that.

http://pesn.com/2010/05/02/9501643_M...Earths_oceans/

viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

2. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Mother of all gushers could kill Earth's oceans

Lets hope is not 200,000 bd viking. Cliff did talk about diseased oceans. This is such bad news! but I am afraid there is no one other than us (humans) to pick up the tab

Night night

3. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

wow Viking you always seem to dig up such critical info that sends us reeling...

if there was ever a time for the ETs to show themselves it is right now, they either step forward and show they want to protect humans or not show and prove they are just in our imagination and have much better things to do than worry about the 3rd rock from the sun...

This is it people, disclosure time is now or never...

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

Thank you for posting this. I hope others will post if they have information pertaining to the magnitude of this spill.

Any recommendations on what can be done by us to help out? Is there a certain decree that would be helpful? I want to do something...so right now, I'm just sending love to the oceans and all the life being affected by the spill.

Welcoming all suggestions.
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

5. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

this is a complete over reaction. this was posted on godlike productions and is such a typical article for that website. personally, i pride this forum on being way above this kind of thing.
    \

6. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Quote We're humped. Unless God steps in and fixes this. No human can. You can be sure of that.
    I think this is BS on many levels! The main one though, is that if we keep denying our power this way - or even trying to use it, we will not progress.

Here is what I want, join me if you like.

-O- Hole

-=- Sealing

--- Sealed

Keep the envisioning, only need a few hundred to do this - thousands would be better millions would ensure it. "The hole is closing up. The hole is sealed"

John..
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

7. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by viking (here)
    Mother of all gushers could kill Earth's oceans ... Perhaps its time for some intervention!!
    Yea where is your GFL now that they are really needed???
    Swanny is the waskly wabbit.
    Temet Nosce
    Don't worry.....Be happy 44

8. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

How come the GFL never mentioned the oil spill in any of their messages? Bet they do in the next one
    Temet Nosce

9. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Nearly 50% of the seafood consumed by Americans comes from the Gulf of Mexico, by the way. That explains why seafood contains such an alarmingly high concentration of mercury as well as industrial chemicals -- because the Gulf of Mexico is America's toilet where every toxic chemical, heavy metal and pharmaceutical that's flushed down the drain ends up getting dumped. No wonder the Gulf of Mexico is home to one of the planet's largest ocean "dead zones" -- over 6,000 square miles of dead water where fish can't even survive (http://serc.carleton.edu/microbelif...).

And that was before the oil spill. Now, thanks to a creeping oil slick that's approaching shorelines throughout the gulf, the breeding grounds for a huge number of marine species is now threatened. Species from pelicans to shrimp are likely to be devastated by this oil slick.

It's already being called a "mega-disaster" by environmentalists. "The magnitude and the potential for ecological damage is probably more great than anything we've ever seen in the Gulf of Mexico," said Nancy Rabalais in a Washington Post interview (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...). She heads the Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium in Cocodrie, La. "Once it hits the shoreline, it'll get into everything."

"Ninety-seven percent of commercial fish and shellfish in the Gulf depend on estuaries and wetlands during their life cycle," said Jane Lubchenco, head of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Those wetlands are about to be covered with a thick brown slime that will make reproduction of seafood species virtually impossible.

Oil continues to spill out of the sunken rig wreck at the rate of 5,000 barrels a day. So far, there's little hope of stopping it. Observers are already characterizing this spill as "worse than the Exxon Valdez spill" in 1989.

Everything you've read here so far is being widely reported in the mainstream media. The story that follows, however, is much more difficult to find.
    Last edited by Ross; 3rd May 2010 at 23:36.

10. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

The Halliburton link and Washington hypocrisy
    It was only a few weeks ago that Obama proudly announced he would expand offshore drilling, breaking one of his many now-worthless campaign promises. The lack of outcry from Democrats over this announcement was nothing short of bizarre: If Bush had announced an expansion of offshore drilling, he would have been widely (and rightly) condemned for it by the left. But when Obama announces the same thing, it's apparently okay with Democrats.

Back on the Republican side of things, the company Halliburton -- yes, the same one that rakes in billions of dollars in profits rebuilding things in the Middle East after the U.S. military blows them up -- is the company that completed the "rig cementing" just 20 hours before the rig exploded. A federal study, meanwhile, shows that most rig blowouts are caused by problems with rig cementing. So now it appears that Halliburton may be implicated in this environmental disaster. (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic...)

The San Jose Mercury News is reporting that a lawsuit filed by a rig technician who was injured in the explosion claims Halliburton made crucial mistakes in cementing the well, "increasing the pressure at the well and contributing to the fire, explosion and resulting oil spill." (http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_...)

11. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you to both VIKING & ROSS for posting this info here because I for one had absolutely no idea of the REAL implications regarding oil spillage in the oceans other than the basics. I have had my eyes opened on this travisty. I too will meditate on healing 'the whole'. I have to say it: What in the hell are the greedy powers that be doing to our planet - trashing it fast it would seem. Oh if only more of us could become less dependent on consumerism hence materialism. We will be driven back to basics whether we want to or not but it will have to be a good thing if we hope to redeem the Earth in all it's magnificience before it's destroyed and unrecognisable - much like MARS! Thanks again. I's so with you on this.

12. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

Quote Posted by Ross (here)
    It was only a few weeks ago that Obama proudly announced he would expand offshore drilling, breaking one of his many now-worthless campaign promises. The lack of outcry from Democrats over this announcement was nothing short of bizarre: If Bush had announced an expansion of offshore drilling, he would have been widely (and rightly) condemned for it by the left. But when Obama announces the same thing, it's apparently okay with Democrats.
    Actually, that's untrue. Obama said he would be willing to compromise on his position against offshore oil drilling if it were part of a more overarching strategy to lower energy costs. This was several months before the election in '08.

Not an important detail, but I hate to see incorrect information posted.
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

13. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

This oil spill is an epic fail on so many levels, its not just an American issue, its a fail on part of humanity, the fact we still haven't progressed past this rubbish, even with the knowledge of now, it would be different if we - the human race - did 'not' know what the heck we're doing, but we do, and that's the worst thing.

14. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Here is an audio interview of one of the workers on the rig, if anyone is interested.

http://www.marklevinshow.com/Article...422&spid=32364

This one will take a while to fix folks.
    Also funny the mention of a SWAT team to the rig.

15. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

"BP began drilling a well May 2 aimed at the bottom of the leaking well that crews plan to use to inject cement and seal it, Suttles said. That work is expected to take as long as three months. In the meantime, the company plans to install custom- built, 65-ton containment structures(domes) in about a week, which are designed to capture the leaking oil and pump it to vessels on the surface, he said."

Three months... Thats a lot of oil to be spilled.

16. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

Hey Ross thanks for your input...any other info with regard to this is appreciated...

Hey John I agree with you, our collected minds can fix this and I always think positively as I am sure many other do as well...is our army big enough?

Swanny I am not going to tell you again the GFL and Ashtar are two different groups...One is to distract and the other to inform...(my opinion) read the original thread...if you carry with this you will have to do extra lessons after school...in fact I won't you to write 100 lines now!!!
    'The GFL and Ashtar are not the same' You can go now!
    viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

17. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Viking neither the GFL or the Ashtar are real

Yet again mans greed for money has cost the planet dearly

Also they can use this is push the price of petrol through the roof
    Last edited by Swanny; 4th May 2010 at 08:59.
    Temet Nosce

18. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

The viking is right, here is from Terra Daily

An estimated 210,000 gallons of crude has been streaming each day from the wellhead below the Deepwater Horizon rig that sank on April 22, two days after a massive explosion that killed 11 workers.
    Unquote

The rest of the article http://www.terradaily.com/reports/Ob...ponse_999.html

It is serious and BP is desperate

19. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Swanny (here)
    Viking neither the GFL or the Ashtar are real

Yet again mans greed for money has cost the planet dearly

Also they can use this is push the price of petrol through the roof
    I think it is more complicated that this Swanny. EVERYBODY that uses a way of transportation, buys anything oil based or even heats their house is as responsible as BP because if there are no consumers there is no business

We have created and supported many monsters, perhaps it is time to re-think the way we are living

20. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Yea I see what you're saying, we do use oil but mainly because that's all they have allowed us to use.
    Temet Nosce

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 48 1 11 48 LastLast