+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GOLDMAN SACHS - Reveals it Shorted Gulf of Mexico 1 Day Before Oil Rig Explosion

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default GOLDMAN SACHS - Reveals it Shorted BP 1 Day Before Gulf of Mexico Oil Rig Explosion

In what is looming as another public relations predicament for Goldman Sachs, the banking giant admitted today that it made "a substantial financial bet against the Gulf of Mexico" one day before the sinking of an oil rig in that body of water. (COINCIDENCE - I Don't Think So!)

The new revelations came to light after government investigators turned up new emails from Goldman employee Fabrice "Fabulous Fab" Tourre in which he bragged to a girlfriend that the firm was taking a "big short" position on the Gulf. Quote: "One oil rig goes down and we're going to be rolling in dough," Mr. Tourre wrote in one email. "Suck it, fishies and birdies!"

I hope they bring these CRIMINALS are brought to justice before it's too late for us all!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-b..._b_558774.html
    Last edited by jackovesk; 12th June 2010 at 16:56.

2. Link to Post #2
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Default Re: GOLDMAN SACHS - Reveals it Shorted Gulf of Mexico 1 Day Before Oil Rig Explosion

Already posted here!

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,112 times in 828 posts

Default Re: GOLDMAN SACHS - Reveals it Shorted Gulf of Mexico 1 Day Before Oil Rig Explosion

I'm beginning to wonder if there is any limit to their evil.
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

4. Link to Post #4
    Deactivated
    Thanks

No need to wonder any longer K - they're more evil than you and I could possibly even imagine and our imagination is pretty good!

5. Link to Post #5
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

well now it gets even more strange....

The rig was already leaking 48 hours before the explosion it started before Goldman shorted... Something the leak failed to mention...

so did they know a major explosion was coming by inside info or just playing a hunch... Going to be tough to prove any different...

but according to Fulford...

Quote The most important sign remains the criminal investigation of Goldman
    Sachs. This is a frontal attack on Wall Street and the Feds. The wheels
    of justice grind slowly but they grind to dust. The Europeans are now
    also considering bringing criminal and civil charges against Goldman for
    helping Greece cook its government books. There is an awful lot I could
    say about Goldman’s activities in Japan too but, because of promises
    made to Japanese underworld sources, I will keep my Japan Goldman file
    as insurance and not have it made public unless I die.

In any case, this probe is not about Goldman Sachs so much as it is
    about the entire Western banking system. The audit of the Federal
    Reserve Board that is now under way is now expected to go all the way
    back to 1916, when the Federal Reserve Board first went into business
    (The act creating the Fed was passed in 1913 but did not go into force
    until 1916).

As a sign of more to come, Deutschebank offices have been raided in
    Germany, England and the Netherlands as part of a probe of fraudulent
    CO2 trading. The corporate press and the blogosphere are now going into
    pack feeding frenzy mode as it finally appears safe to target the
    previously taboo. They will not have to dig far before they uncover an
    awful lot of dirt.

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

This is exciting news! Thank you!

7. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Rocky Shorz - that's interesting - where did you get that particular info from, I wouldnt mind reading more on this pandora's box. Cheers.

8. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

It's all adding up for Goldman...Hiding Greek debts, taking down Lehmann Brothers and saving AIG only so they could steal all the cash...It goes on and on...
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

9. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

This rant always makes me laugh....

Alan Watt

10. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

sorry I forgot to paste in the link Viking's Fulford Thread

11. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

How Goldman Sachs Screwed Ghana

Black Cat

Goldman Sachs, the global financial institution, with fraud allegations levied against it has a long history of setting up its clients for a fall...and making handsome profits.

This is a story of how this global investment banking and securities firm screwed Ghana

In 1998, Ashanti Gold was the 3rd largest Gold Mining company in the world. The first "black" company on the London Stock Exchange, Ashanti had just purchased the Geita mine in Tanzania, positioning Ashanti to become even larger. But in May 1999, the Treasury of the United Kingdom decided to sell off 415 tons of its gold reserves. With all that gold flooding the world market, the price of gold began to decline. By August 1999, the price of gold had fallen to $252/ounce, the lowest it had been in 20 years.

Ashanti turned to its Financial Advisors - Goldman Sachs - for advice. Goldman Sachs recommended that Ashanti purchase nhat Ashanti enter agreements to sell gold at a 'locked-in' price, and suggested that the price of gold would continue to fall.

But Goldman was more than just Ashanti's advisors. They were also sellers of these Hedge contracts, and stood to make money simply by selling them. And they were also world-wide sellers of Gold itself.

In September 1999 (one month later), 15 European Banks with whom Goldman had professional relationships made a unanimous surprise announcement that all 15 would stop selling gold on world markets for 5 years. The announcement immediately drove up gold prices to $307/ounce, and by October 6, it had risen to $362/ounce.

Ashanti was in trouble...

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/20...-Screwed-Ghana
    Alan Watt

12. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

I'm bringing this across from another thread...

Quote Posted by peaceandlove (here)
    BP Bailout Petroleum

A Series Of Lucky Coincidences Involving Goldman Sachs And BP plc

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 06/01/2010

Earlier, when observing the US AG disclosure of a civil and criminal investigation into BP plc, we noted in passing that BP's former Chairman, Peter Sutherland, who left the firm is a Chairman of Goldman Sachs International. Mr. Sutherland holds some other interesting titles, including a position on the Trilateral Commission, he was a chairman of the London School of Economics in 2008, he is a UN special representative for migration and development; he was the founding director-general of the World Trade Organisation, he had previously served as director general of GATT since July 1993 and was instrumental in concluding the Uruguay GATT Round Negotiations. Needless to say, we focused on the Goldman relationship. When digging deeper, we uncovered some amusing correlations, most notably between the BP plc sellside ratings by Goldman BP analyst Michelle della Vigna and the Goldman Sachs Asset Management holdings of BP plc. These are summarized on the attached chart.

Continues with chart: http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ser...n-sachs-bp-plc

13. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Victor Halberstadt: Professor of public economics at Leiden University and international advisor to Goldman Sachs. President of the International Institute of Public Finance.

I wonder what he will be sharing at the Bilderberg 2010 conference this weekend...

I guess inside trading doesn't count for the ones above the law...

This photo was taken in October 2008, looks pretty calm considering the whole world's banking system was on the verge of collapse...
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 3rd June 2010 at 18:25.

14. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

I worked for a couple of days this week in the banking city of London and found out a couple of interesting things regarding Goldman. Goldman are preparing a defence strategy for BP in the event that a rival oil company makes a takeover bid. As a regular advisor to BP they will stop anyone from making a bid, especially Royal Dutch Shelll. Julian metherwell is the current tie bonding BP and Goldman together. I believe that if anyone were to take over BP it would be Goldman.

Goldman's response to the probe by the US Financial Crisis Enquiry Commission (FCIC) subpeona was strongly criticised after they supplied 2.5 billion pages of information and yet still were unable to answer some of the key questions put to them by the commission. Other banks have complied and completed similar requests.Major PR blow to Goldman as they still deny the charges.

I was in building 42 in the banking district on floor 27. TPTB knew I was there (as usual) and this happend; London Choppers 7-6-10
    Last edited by Gridkeeper; 12th June 2010 at 10:51. Reason: video link problem

15. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,377 times in 32,916 posts

Hi, All:

Lindsey WIlliams talked about this in his 10 July interview with Alex Jones.

Click here for a [usefully!] edited version.

http://projectavalon.net/Lindsey_Wil...es_extract.mp3

What Lindsey states is fascinating - and much more important than the idea of another 9/11 (or routine insider trading).

He states CATEGORICALLY that it was an accident. (From what I know and have read, I think this is probable.)

But some Illuminati inders and insider groups KNEW THROUGH OCCULT MEANS that something was going to happen. They knew to sell their investments.

BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WOULD HAPPEN, WHERE OR WHEN. (Listen from 26:00 on in the above extract...)

If this is true, this is critically important for several reasons:

1) The insiders are getting information about probable future major events from esoteric (or possibly esoteric technology) sources.
    2) The insiders are not in control.... something or someone else is.
    3) The insiders have an agenda, and are not necessarily causing all natural and man-made disasters themselves. BUT THEY ARE IMMEDIATELY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THEM.

Now read that again! It's a spiritual war, people. This is not about planned sabotage at a human level. There is almost overwhelming evidence - if we want to look for it and piece it together - that it's far more sinister and wide-ranging than that.

Love to all, Bill
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 12th June 2010 at 13:16.

16. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

that pretty much summs up how i have viewed this bill
    Quote Now read that again! It's a spiritual war, people. This is not about planned sabotage at a hman level. There is almost overwhelming evidence - if we want to look for it and piece it together - that it's far more sinister and wide-ranging than that.
    and it is not so hard to find out how some things in the future may pan out via occult means,
    Quote But some Illuminati inders and insider groups KNEW THROUGH OCCULT MEANS that something was going to happen. They knew to sell their investments.

BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WOULD HAPPEN, WHERE OR WHEN.
    sadly vultures always take advantage of emergancy situations such as this
    love m

17. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Hi, All:

What Lindsey states is fascinating - and much more important than the idea of another 9/11 (or routine insider trading).

He states CATEGORICALLY that it was an accident. (From what I know and have read, I think this is probable.)

But some Illuminati inders and insider groups KNEW THROUGH OCCULT MEANS that something was going to happen. They knew to sell their investments.

BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WOULD HAPPEN, WHERE OR WHEN. (Listen from 26:00 on in the above extract...)

If this is true, this is critically important for several reasons:

1) The insiders are getting information about probable future major events from esoteric (or possibly esoteric technology) sources.
    2) The insiders are not in control.... something or someone else is.
    3) The insiders have an agenda, and are not necessarily causing all natural and man-made disasters themselves. BUT THEY ARE IMMEDIATELY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THEM.

Now read that again! It's a spiritual war, people. This is not about planned sabotage at a human level. There is almost overwhelming evidence - if we want to look for it and piece it together - that it's far more sinister and wide-ranging than that.

Love to all, Bill
    Hi Bill, this is so true of them. They know when something's going to happen but they don't know what. Why? Their mathematics is wrong and lacks the true understanding to which would then allow them to know what exactly is about to happen. I like to call this "the flaw of Lucifer". The cosmic maths to work the equations can only be applied to gain it's true potential when it is used by the creators of it, and that, put simply, is not them. The mathematic codes to unlock the true potential of all men and women is written on the walls of Egypt.
    Love back to you, Gridkeeper.
    The Antichrist and The Great Dictator https://www.youtube.com/gridkeeper

18. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,012 times in 2,209 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Hi, All:

My God.....that was the most depressing thing I've listened to for a long time.

If it's all correct then heaven help America and all of us.

Just seen on the news that Obama is going to address the nation on Tuesday about the crisis.

I don't like the sound of the nuclear idea. Too risky. But what can be done?

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh what a horrible, horrible thing this Gulf of Mexico Oil crisis is.

+ Reply to Thread