+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best to sell or stay?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,205 times in 3,110 posts

Default Re: Best to sell or stay?

Quote Posted by Fred259 (here)
    Come on Viking, I though you Ulstermen were made of tougher stuff, what’s the problem?

If you sell, the question is where are you going to go. Dundalk?

We think we are going through a rough time but really it’s not that bad compared with some in other parts of the world. I accept it’s not so great if you can’t find work.

I was thinking back; about the interview B&K did with Michael St Clair in Montreaux, I believe it was maybe three or four years ago now. I watching it again a few weeks ago, everything he predicted has more or less come true over the past four years in terms of the real economy.

The existing banking system as St Clair predicted will eventually collapse, or it will continue in a different form with the bankers loosing their shirts.

New Banks are being formed and capitalised as we speak. Here is a Scottish Businessman who runs the buses in the UK as well as Coach America and Coach Canada discussing how they are putting money into a local bank. This has to happen, they need to invest but they don’t want to be associated with Wall Street or the City of London. So this is back to the mutual’s that we had in the olden days and the traditional building societies that were formed originally as community mutual finance houses. Northern Bank is a good bank; a bank for Northern Ireland serving the local people yet has the strength through the Danes, who are responsible people.

The world is not going to topple. Times may be hard and we need to deal with the rise of globalization and the corporations. Power will eventually be removed from the globalists probably by the military. Despite what the subversive Julia Middleton may think Britain will not become a Marxist state.

America will not fail. The American people are heavily armed, it might be hard but look at Donald Trump just this week, he is protecting his investments. Yes Trump might be a property billionaire on paper, but he is not in the same league as the banking criminals, so Trump is doing the same for America in much the same way as Brian Souter is doing for Scotland and the UK. The same will happen in Northern Ireland Viking.

The Americans need to do us all a favour, and remove the United Nations once and for all.

This is the only real problem the world needs to be concerned about. Everything else is manageable when all is said and done.

A new pluralistic world order is forming, with developing nations doing just great. Standards of living and life expectancy in Africa are rising. These nation states that traditionally had strong financial links with the US and UK are now forming trading blocks amongst themselves. They tell the World Bank to stick it in the Potomac and the UN the Hudson. Developing nations just laugh at Agenda 21. This is White man talk they say and quite rightly so. In Pakistan they talk about the Gora, the “Gora man” everything will be fine when the Gora man leaves. The white man. Is this not true, all the US and UK are doing is destabilising Pakistan because they want to create an independent state in Baluchistan.

The biggest problem we face is the media or rather the subversion of the population by the media which is why you are posting “What should I do” What is really happening in the world is completely different from what we are told. America is going to Nuke China. What! Have they ever considered that China might nuke America? It’s estimated that fifty thousand Chinese work in the US military industrial complex and larger universities. How many Americans work in the Chinese Military or Universities? Answer zero. So which country is subverted? Israel is going to attack Iran, its all grossly irresponsible Israel can’t attack Iran, it doesn’t have the strategic capability and Iran is a vast country. The real reason for all this media hype is that Israel always needs an enemy as justification for its military industrial complex.

So no Viking I would sit down like the rest of us and ride out the storm. Priority number one must be getting the wife out to work full time, none of this half time job share nonsense. Her mother did, following in the steps of her grandmother. Africa and Indian women do, so big lifestyle changes are required on the home front I would say. No more coffee mornings or shopping for pointless things, the swimming pool at eleven o’clock in the morning lifestyle must end. This isn’t going to be a problem is it; Ulster folk are hardy already aren’t they.

PS. I really do enjoy your Earth Changes thread that you jointly produce with Ascending. Thanks, both of you. Ascending went AWOL during the Japanese tsunami, which I suppose is understandable! He might have more to be concerned about………

Vik, I was loading up the images and I noticed this and Yes I know this is off topic but folks they don’t pussy foot around with drug dealers in Northern Ireland they just get “tarred and feathered”, you could say this is community style justice !....
    Hey Fred

Thats a cool post...made me think and laugh at the same time!! lol

Hey I'm not in N Ireland... I was just giving an example of property crash...I am in Hampshire UK...

Do you now see the point I'm trying to make...the property crash in N Ireland has been devastating...if this is the case will we experience the same here in UK...and if we do!!!

Thanks Timeless ... they were my thoughts...but I cant see how the rates will qaudruple in a few years though...that would kill economy...

*sighs* we need a new paradigm dont we!!

viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Fred259 (19th April 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

Great post Fred.

As far as economic improvements in what was recently considered third world.. I would say that Mexico is improving by leaps and bounds.. Not they have by no means reached the level of consumerism as found in the US but I would say that the average mexican is doing much better. Many women now have washing machines, they all have TV, public health has greatly improved, sewer smells in the streets are largely gone, all the product in meat markets is fully refrigerated and the flies are gone!... stuff we have long long taken for granted. and health care is growing by leaps and bounds.... and our recent experience with doctors here showed me that they are very good.

The US perhaps is going to go through a phase of leveling in the playing field of life.
    Oh and by the way squatters rights are in full swing in Mexico... and so it should be in the US. If one cannot maintain, monitor or manage or and support property then others should be able to use it... God owns the earth, not man.... at least thats how I feel about it today.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

There are reports trickling in here and there that f squatters are having success in what used to be called claim jumping back in the day. Maybe more than we hear about since I'm sure the PTB aren't going to allow the media to hurl that particular bit of information around. But homesteading acts and the squatting precedents that are legislated under Homesteading Acts are still pretty much untouched and basically forgotten about since mortgaging became 'the' way to secure housing. I'm sure it varies by locality and state.

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Yes I hear what you are saying... Snowbird/Carmen ...

I am not totally convinced about the coming ice age or particularly worried about a pole shift or Tsunamis...UK had faired quite well in climate changes and as for Tsunamis due to a pole shift or quakes, again UK has faired well as Stonehenge is testament to this...we are very hilly in UK which acts as a barrier for fast moving water... France on the other hand has lots of flat land...mmmm...?

Well no one knows for sure what will be...but its great fun speculating...

viking
    Last edited by Eric J (Viking); 19th April 2011 at 21:18.
    Choose well.

7. Link to Post #25
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

It is my opinion that we all NEED to get as far outside the existing paradigm as humanly possible. And I mean at all levels. Right now we are asking ourselves whether we should stay in our over-priced (and now crashed) house in the suburbs and continue to give our REAL time and life energy in exchange for fiat currency which we will then use to buy oversized homes and cars we really don't need, and which, when completely paid off are STILL NOT OWNED BY US!

I'm sorry, but I don't feel that switching to a smaller, locally owned credit union or savings and loan, changes anything. We are still duped into pouring out our precious life energy into a system most of us neither really endorse, understand, trust, or feel like we are an integral part of. We are taxed without adequate representation, and we know our votes don't really count, and won't change anything, because the democratic process has long since been co-opted by the same fat cats who orchestrated the financial collapse.

I think we need to move OUT of our McMansions in the burbs and find a community ASAP. Time is running out folks, and the writing is on the wall. These scumbags are making all the rules, so they KNOW the worst is yet to come. They are predicting (and causing) conditions which will eventually cause even the most docile and law abiding, to resist (what do you think all those detention camps are for?)

Most sentiments here are to sit on our collective hands until "TSHTF", and then reacting to the global man-made catastrophe. I say be proactive and stop giving all of out energy to a system designed at the outset to enslave and subjugate us all.

To me it doesn't matter whether the system will crumble tomorrow, or next week, what matters is that it is fundamentally corrupt, designed by evil, greedy, sociopaths, and is designed to rob us of our sovereignty. I think THIS should be enough for us ALL to do whatever is in our power to thwart and opt out of this system, while we still have any power al all.

Just my two cents.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Second Son For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (19th April 2011), Lifesong (19th April 2011), Muzz (19th April 2011), Nader (19th April 2011), norman (19th April 2011), pilotsimone (19th April 2011), ponda (19th April 2011)

9. Link to Post #26
    Great Britain Avalon Member Fred259's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 times in 509 posts

Quote Posted by viking (here)
    Yes I hear what you are saying... Snowbird/Carmen ...

I am not totally convinced about the coming ice age or particularly worried about a pole shift or Tsunamis...UK had faired quite well in climate changes and as for Tsunamis due to a pole shift or quakes, again UK has faired well as Stonehenge is testament to this...we are very hilly in UK which acts as a barrier for fast moving water... France on the other hand has lots of flat land...mmmm...?

Well know one knows for sure what will be...but its great fun speculating...

viking
    Vik,

Don’t worry about the Pole shift. The pole cant shift it’s not connected to anything. It’s just a fixed point on an icecap.

Don’t worry about the magnetic pole shifting. It moves all the time, like a pendulum.

Don’t worry about a Tsunami. Not in Hampshire.

Don’t worry about the property market. Don’t sell the market is poor so even if you can find a buyer you may not get a good price and remember whenever you buy again you need to pay stamp duty. Remember the crash in the early nineties, 24 months later things were normal again.

Worry – About getting the wife in fulltime gainful employment. No more nail bars for example.

Worry – About keeping your own job.

Don’t waste money on new cars and all the garbage things in life.

Do post more Earth Changes threads.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred259 For This Post:

Ross (19th April 2011)

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

LOL ... Fred

I don't worry about the first 3 'don't worries' ...

The 4th 'dont worry'... again I'm not too worried about it as I will either rent of pick up a bargain... no worries...

The 5th 'dont worry' my wife works with me running my business...no worries here...

The 6th 'dont worry' ...well that depends how the market goes with used cars!! mmm could be worrying!

As for new cars...been there tried it and done that...all sorts...not worried. I love used cars...especially the classics...

And lastly I'll try to post some more on 'earth changes' thread ... ;-)

Phew that was alot of worries!!!

Hey do I look worried... http://www.wayodd.com/funny-pictures...ng-out-1sg.jpg

viking
    Choose well.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Black Panther (24th April 2011), Roseheart (19th April 2011)

13. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

I live in a resonably stable country...Australia, not that that is any insurance, but it does help currently. I chose to sell 1 year ago, got rid of the mortgage, cashed up and renting at the beach. Also have an amount of cash on hand, I do not trust the banks....if there was to be a power outage, CME or some kind of situation to cause ppls to have a "run on the banks" withdrawing your own funds, they will simply close the doors...so in a dire situation your monies in a bank will be worthless when you most need it.

I am playing it cautious, The floods we had in Queensland and Brisbane city, which is the hub of warehouse stock pile of foods, was underwater, the main highway north was flooded, every town in-between, a vast area of flooding were unable to supply goods. I witnessed within 48hrs, 3 supermakets in my town empty...and i mean empty. This illustrates just how quick the flow of goods can breakdown and many are caught out.

I have cash, 60 ltrs of water and 6 weeks of food stuffs, fuel in my garage, survival kit ready to go.

I am also very dubious that this current financial situation will improve, and I can not see how on earth it will improve, Here in OZ, the unemplyment rate is only 5% retail is showing signs at the moment of being resonably steady but the housing sector, in my area is depressed, I know many who are working, have cash flow but are struggling with house payments, children costs, rising food, fuel and utilitiy costs.

Vikings point is tricky...keep equity in the house "hoping all will come good" or sell and get what you can. If by chance you can sell and do "ok" having a cash stash in the present enviroment is a good option. If things become worse and many others decide to "cash out" you can be left behind in a congested market of sellers (we can see this in other countries) and prices will continue to fall and what equity you do have will erode further.

All my life, even when having debt, I have always had some cash, option B to fall back on....in saying that, if the whole system fails, cash will become useless, inflation and the like...

again its a tough call Viking...meditate on it

Ross
    Last edited by Ross; 25th April 2011 at 12:02.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ross For This Post:

9eagle9 (19th April 2011), Eric J (Viking) (20th April 2011), ponda (19th April 2011)

15. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

Quote Posted by Second Son (here)
    It is my opinion that we all NEED to get as far outside the existing paradigm as humanly possible. And I mean at all levels. Right now we are asking ourselves whether we should stay in our over-priced (and now crashed) house in the suburbs and continue to give our REAL time and life energy in exchange for fiat currency which we will then use to buy oversized homes and cars we really don't need, and which, when completely paid off are STILL NOT OWNED BY US!

I'm sorry, but I don't feel that switching to a smaller, locally owned credit union or savings and loan, changes anything. We are still duped into pouring out our precious life energy into a system most of us neither really endorse, understand, trust, or feel like we are an integral part of. We are taxed without adequate representation, and we know our votes don't really count, and won't change anything, because the democratic process has long since been co-opted by the same fat cats who orchestrated the financial collapse.

I think we need to move OUT of our McMansions in the burbs and find a community ASAP. Time is running out folks, and the writing is on the wall. These scumbags are making all the rules, so they KNOW the worst is yet to come. They are predicting (and causing) conditions which will eventually cause even the most docile and law abiding, to resist (what do you think all those detention camps are for?)

Most sentiments here are to sit on our collective hands until "TSHTF", and then reacting to the global man-made catastrophe. I say be proactive and stop giving all of out energy to a system designed at the outset to enslave and subjugate us all.

To me it doesn't matter whether the system will crumble tomorrow, or next week, what matters is that it is fundamentally corrupt, designed by evil, greedy, sociopaths, and is designed to rob us of our sovereignty. I think THIS should be enough for us ALL to do whatever is in our power to thwart and opt out of this system, while we still have any power al all.

Just my two cents.
    Great post.

There's a lot we can do to move away from the system and yet still function within it.

When you look around the world at the moment everything seems to be simmering and could boil over very easily.The financial situation in Europe isn't improving.Greece,Ireland,Iceland,Portugal have had problems.Spain and Italy could be next and then what ? The US debt problem and the failing US dollar could be triggers for something.Upheaval in the oil producing Middle East.The rising oil price.The rising world food costs.Inflation in China etc It's all looking a lot worse than pre the 2008 financial crisis.

Being mobile,flexible and prepared might be the smart thing to do and you can still function normally if nothing happens.
    Last edited by ponda; 19th April 2011 at 22:41.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ponda For This Post:

Black Panther (24th April 2011)

17. Link to Post #30
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Intentional Community is the name of the game. For starters, while money is still viewed as useful, I would find a group of like-minded people and work to build a large community greenhouse. No more brilliant of an example to set for your children, in my opinion, than by working openly and diligently with others to grow as much food and medicine as possible, to remineralize the soil in your area, and to consider the pollinators in your area as the supreme court. Hell, I'd give my vote to a mason bee before any politician. Also, none of this "gotta have a secret survival stash" garbage. There always has been enough to go around, so snap out of it and share yourself.

18. Link to Post #31
    Philippines Avalon Member joelmags's Avatar
    Thanks

Your heads are going against your troubled hearts and you are second guessing yourselves. We have the power to create our own realities. We must believe, trust & act.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to joelmags For This Post:

20. Link to Post #32
    Great Britain Avalon Member Fred259's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 times in 509 posts

Quote Posted by Nader (here)
    Intentional Community is the name of the game. For starters, while money is still viewed as useful, I would find a group of like-minded people and work to build a large community greenhouse. No more brilliant of an example to set for your children, in my opinion, than by working openly and diligently with others to grow as much food and medicine as possible, to remineralize the soil in your area, and to consider the pollinators in your area as the supreme court. Hell, I'd give my vote to a mason bee before any politician. Also, none of this "gotta have a secret survival stash" garbage. There always has been enough to go around, so snap out of it and share yourself.
    Interesting Nader,

Does anyone know what size of vegetable garden you need to grow for four people.?

21. Link to Post #33
    Philippines Avalon Member joelmags's Avatar
    Thanks

A four square meter "french double-dug garden" planted right, would be ok for starters. It takes seasons to get your garden just right. Start composting. Try to get heirloom seeds. We have an heirloom seed exchange with some friends. This ensures no one runs out of good seeds. Be sensitive to native pollinators and increase plantings of plants they favor. We also care for a variety of honeybees to improve fruit/seed set and germination.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joelmags For This Post:

Black Panther (24th April 2011), Eric J (Viking) (20th April 2011), Fred259 (20th April 2011)

23. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,433 times in 8,340 posts

Quote Posted by Fred259 (here)

Does anyone know what size of vegetable garden you need to grow for four people.?
    It's not quite that simple.

You'll probably find that the patch of land you choose will favour some types better than others. You also should take into consideration whether you have a 'community' doing the same type of thing that you can swap produce with.

If you try to feed 4 people in isolation from a small patch of land it's going to be very much of a struggle. It's hard to keep the food coming in evenly throughout the year. There are a lot of other creatures that will want to eat your food before you do too ( the last time I tried to grow cabbages and cauliflowers in my back garden I never got eat any of them !)

In my view, it's only realistic to think in terms of doing it as a larger community. A vege' patch is a good way to get learning about it but it won't keep you out of the supermarket any time soon. It takes a larger 'economy' in food to get right away from the big system. You will almost certainly have to trade some of your stuff for things you can't produce. That begins to go down the road the current food industry has gone down but you don't have to go all the way.

The first step is to create a community, and then get quite industrious about it.

If things really get very bad, there is another problem. Other people will turn up and steal it all from you, even if they have to kill you to do it.

It's hard to know what it is we are trying to be prepared for. If a serious crisis is coming, I'd guess that there are people who would regard producing anything as foolish. They'd more likely be tooling up for a private army to take what they need and defend it.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (20th April 2011), Fred259 (20th April 2011)

25. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

With the economy the way it is and hanging on by a thread ...

Here in UK (this applies to US as well and the rest of the world)...what would you do...sell and pocket some equity or hang it out??

Whats the best decision... will UK crash just like other countries in Europe...its hit N Ireland harder than most the property market has tumbled big time...

Sell up and rent, or stay??

Come on all you economic geniuses what would you do/advise?

viking
    Viking you are still there.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (20th April 2011)

27. Link to Post #36
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I am trying to get as self sufficient as possible in the next couple years. I would like to find some like-minded individuals in the area to share knowledge/work etc., to reach our common goals, but even in a fairly agrarian and progressive state like Vermont, it is harder than one might think. Perhaps when things get really bad, people will wake up, but by then will it be too late?

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Second Son For This Post:

Black Panther (24th April 2011), Eric J (Viking) (20th April 2011), ponda (20th April 2011)

29. Link to Post #37
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Viking,

To be quite honest I haven't been following the UK position for some time since the world economy went t*ts up. However many years ago I sold up and took off and never looked back (mind you I was 22 years old at the time). That doesn't mean to say that I would do the same thing at my stage of life, especially if I had no experience of starting over, or had any fall back in case my decision made me have to go back to where I started from.

The question is not whether you should take the money and run. If that was the case, you would have flipped your house several times already and / or rented it to make money.

The question is if you need to have a fresh start, if you're adventurous enough to go into the unknown (even more so if you are over 40), would you have the energy to stick out another 'home making' experience. In other words, I would suggest that you ask yourself the real reason why you wish to move. Sometimes we don't discover the real reason until we dig right down and are nothing more than honest with ourselves and what we want from our lives.

Where we are is not important and the economy crashing are mere details. When I arrived here in Brazil in 1991, inflation was 50% per month! It didn't stop me from coming here! I still sat on the beaches and took advantage of the opportunities that here offered me. Even when there were no apparent opportunities, I made them. So ask yourelf the real reason for the move and base your decision on that.

Good luck.

Best regards,

Steve

With the economy the way it is and hanging on by a thread ...

Here in UK (this applies to US as well and the rest of the world)...what would you do...sell and pocket some equity or hang it out??

Whats the best decision... will UK crash just like other countries in Europe...its hit N Ireland harder than most the property market has tumbled big time...

Sell up and rent, or stay??

Come on all you economic geniuses what would you do/advise?

viking

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2