Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst 1 15 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Integrity

1. Link to Post #481
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 653 posts

Default Re: Integrity

Quote Posted by Sierra (here)
    This issue is very important to me too Chico. And until you address the issue of safety and respect, I cannot unite with you and what you seem to want.
    Sierra, I agree that there must be a mechanism to ensure the safety of all members. Banning may be a reasonable mechanism when safety is at risk. Respect, on the other hand, cannot truly be enforced. Respect has to be earned. Banning someone for a perceived lack of respect does not seem proper. A time-out perhaps, but not a permanent banning.

A better plan than "you're gone" is definitely what is needed here. That kind of plan in itself shows a lack of respect towards others, if I may be so bold.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chicodoodoo For This Post:

andywight (26th April 2011), Isostool (26th April 2011), Lord Sidious (26th April 2011), loveandgratitude (26th April 2011), Newlyn (24th May 2011), sandy (26th April 2011), sheddie (26th April 2011), Sierra (26th April 2011), SKAWF (26th April 2011)

3. Link to Post #482
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Quote Posted by Aldous (here)
    Whiskey your hostility is particularly puzzling. [mod-edit: text deleted - see my mod-edit, above. - Paul. ]
    For the record, I am not hostile. In fact, I agree with Ulli. Charles said, "I dreamt of being a good man and awoke to find it may be possible." This touched me so much that it made me cry. I think that was the most important thing that he said and I emphasized it in early February. Everything that I have said of my own analysis is just data points and my own conclusions. I have no judgement about whether or not Charles is "good" or "bad' because I don't believe in such things. It just is what it is. Perhaps your assessment that this is "bashing" has more to do with your own point of view than mine.

I DO apologize if I have chosen words that were too inflamatory such as "balderdash". It sounded better to me than "bald faced manipulative lie", but I suppose it is the same. Charles built his life on manipulation and deceit. It's what he knows. I don't think he can help it. Yet. I think fate led him to Bill Ryan for this reason. Bill used to work with troubled youth.

I was trying not to respond to any more Charles this and that because I think this is off topic. I won't say anything further about it in this thread.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 26th April 2011 at 07:50.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Billy (26th April 2011), Caren (26th April 2011), dmarie (26th April 2011), EsmaEverheart (26th April 2011), Gaia (26th April 2011), Isthatso (26th April 2011), Lily de Cuir (26th April 2011), Limor Wolf (26th April 2011), loveandgratitude (26th April 2011), magicmanx (26th April 2011), NancyV (26th April 2011), Sierra (26th April 2011)

5. Link to Post #483
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,384 times in 633 posts

INTEGRITY

integrity is having to balls to stand up for that which you know to be true.

its about staying to answer any and all criticism directly, and with reason.

its about having the courage to face any amount of opposition,
    and staying there till there is no more.

its about being focused on your goal and not being distracted by anything.

its about seeing something through till its conclusion, not giving up halfway.

its about being prepared to make sacrifices, and to put the effort in,

its about being able to look with pride at something you've created knowing 'i did that',

its about staying true to yourself,

its also about others knowing that they can rely on you, even in the bad times

its about being able to look someone in the eye without turning away

its also about a million other things too

there should be no place where the truth is unacceptable.
    Last edited by SKAWF; 26th April 2011 at 02:52.
    when i went there nothing happened!, i was bored out of my mind..................in the Twilight Zone.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SKAWF For This Post:

Chicodoodoo (26th April 2011), Donna O (26th April 2011), Gone001 (26th April 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (20th September 2011), Limor Wolf (26th April 2011), Lord Sidious (26th April 2011), magicmanx (26th April 2011), mosquito (26th April 2011), Normalguy31 (26th April 2011), sandy (26th April 2011), sepia (26th April 2011), shuan (26th April 2011), Sierra (26th April 2011), winnasboy (26th April 2011)

7. Link to Post #484
    Thanks

I certainly do not know everything. But Does anyone think " they " would want to return to Avalon?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sllim11 For This Post:

giovonni (26th April 2011), Sierra (26th April 2011)

9. Link to Post #485
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 653 posts

Quote Posted by SKAWF (here)
    please dont see this as an attack....

if you cant point to anything he said that was a lie,
    and nor can you point to anything that is true.....

how can you be sure about what you think you know?
    I don't see it as an attack, Steve. It is a very good question. I'm glad you asked.

The short answer is that I can't be sure. This is a consequence of my philosophy, "Question everything, dismiss nothing." You have to live with uncertainty to have any kind of integrity with such a philosophy. And we all know most people do not like uncertainty.

This concept, however, in not unknown in science. For example, we "know" there are electrons zipping around the nucleus of most atoms. Truth be told, we don't know it, but we strongly suspect it. A scientist can't tell you where that electron is exactly at any given moment, but he can describe with probabilities where it is most likely to be. But certainty? Forget it. The universe doesn't work that way. It turns out that I realized that I shouldn't either. The number of times I've been wrong about things was another clue supporting that realization. For example, the sociopathic con-artists that run this world had me fooled for a very long time.

Uncertainty doesn't stop me from pursuing truth. It just so happens that you can do a lot with probabilities, much more than you can do with certainties.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chicodoodoo For This Post:

Belle (26th April 2011), Flash (26th April 2011), Hervé (26th April 2011), Isthatso (26th April 2011), Lord Sidious (26th April 2011), mosquito (26th April 2011), sandy (26th April 2011), sheddie (26th April 2011), Sierra (26th April 2011), SKAWF (26th April 2011)

11. Link to Post #486
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 times in 228 posts

There is a post on Nexus where you see Celine can write in complete sentences, complete paragraphs, and in ordered thought while defending her part in the blowup.
    I wasn't here when Celine earned the respect of many. I too just saw the petty sniping and couldn't understand the outpouring of love for her. She also seemed to be unusually immune to being reprimanded for her "fluffy pillow observations". I didn't know about the relationship with Richard at the time.

But when she stood up here, at PA, and said "Mea Culpa!", and even argued against her own husband to ensure the truth was being spoken, I sat up and noticed.

The post you mentioned, at Nexus, where Celine writes a beautiful account of what happened, her role in it, and her taking responsibility for her actions...

...well...

All at once she had my total respect.

And I could finally see why so many people love her.

Richard is a lucky man.

Celine is flawed and troubled, but through the tribulations I finally got to see who she really is.

I'm sure she wouldn't feel the same way about me, but I would invite her into my house.

That woman placed integrity higher than the loyalty to her husband and friends when the time came.

I have forgiven her.

We are now poorer for not having her amongst us.

Yes, she made a lot of poor choices.

But Integrity? She has more than I do. And I suspect, more than many here.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to perfectresonance For This Post:

Artemis (26th April 2011), Belle (26th April 2011), Chicodoodoo (26th April 2011), Lord Sidious (26th April 2011), magicmanx (26th April 2011), Ross (26th April 2011), sepia (26th April 2011), sheddie (26th April 2011), sunflower (26th April 2011), ulli (26th April 2011), winnasboy (26th April 2011)

13. Link to Post #487
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,138 times in 13,482 posts

Quote Charles built his life on manipulation and deceit. It's what he knows. I don't think he can help it. Yet. I think fate led him to Bill Ryan for this reason. Bill used to work with troubled youth.
    Life before enlightenment is life without choice. Everything just happens.

Real life begins only when free will enters,
    and that is the moment that one becomes aware of options.

Living and being harmless.

That's when the real war begins, the struggle against those habitual behavior patterns of one's past.

And that's when friends are needed, to help one stay awake, and keep on that path.

The alternative is too awful, like returning to ignorance.

They say ignorance is bliss, but I've never met anyone who wants to go back there.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

enfoldedblue (26th April 2011), Fred Steeves (26th April 2011), Lord Sidious (26th April 2011), magicmanx (26th April 2011), Normalguy31 (26th April 2011), sepia (26th April 2011), Sierra (26th April 2011), SKAWF (26th April 2011), Whiskey_Mystic (26th April 2011), Yoda (26th April 2011)

15. Link to Post #488
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 times in 228 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    ---------

Dear Friends:

A few people posting on this thread have completely missed the point.

I suggest that that makes the point.
    Some people (some?) have some very strong filters that they apply, knowingly or not.

I have been astounded where person A makes a factual statement ("this happens"), person B refers to it, and person C says person B shouldn't be making up stories like that. Even when person C is being directed to read person A's original statement, person C sticks to their filtered view, preferring to recast the unambiguous statement to fit their own needs.

One thing I have learned is that one of my flaws is that I expect other people to have the same ability to process information that I do.

Occasionally I am reminded that there are (otherwise smart and sane) people, when faced with immutable Truth, still manage to process it in such a way as to see it differently than I do.

I can't say I understand it, but I have accepted it happens.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to perfectresonance For This Post:

Artemis (26th April 2011), Chicodoodoo (26th April 2011), Hervé (26th April 2011), Lord Sidious (26th April 2011), Malcolm Linus (26th April 2011), Oxygen (26th April 2011), ulli (26th April 2011)

17. Link to Post #489
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Chicodoodoo (here)
    Quote Posted by SKAWF (here)
    please dont see this as an attack....

if you cant point to anything he said that was a lie,
    and nor can you point to anything that is true.....

how can you be sure about what you think you know?
    I don't see it as an attack, Steve. It is a very good question. I'm glad you asked.

The short answer is that I can't be sure. This is a consequence of my philosophy, "Question everything, dismiss nothing." You have to live with uncertainty to have any kind of integrity with such a philosophy. And we all know most people do not like uncertainty.

This concept, however, in not unknown in science. For example, we "know" there are electrons zipping around the nucleus of most atoms. Truth be told, we don't know it, but we strongly suspect it. A scientist can't tell you where that electron is exactly at any given moment, but he can describe with probabilities where it is most likely to be. But certainty? Forget it. The universe doesn't work that way. It turns out that I realized that I shouldn't either. The number of times I've been wrong about things was another clue supporting that realization. For example, the sociopathic con-artists that run this world had me fooled for a very long time.

Uncertainty doesn't stop me from pursuing truth. It just so happens that you can do a lot with probabilities, much more than you can do with certainties.
    thanks for that Chico.

i absolutely agree that people dont like unknowns.
    i think thats where applying labels to things comes from.
    the little period of uncertainty until they can apply a label to something.

but without prior thought or conclusions, some things can be outside of someones experience.
    the only thing they have left to judge something, is how they feel about it,
    and as we've said, people dont like unknowns,
    so anything new, might be seen as bad by default almost.
    regardless of the actual reality.

ive taken on board new concepts,
    knowing that pretty much every conclusion i have about it at that stage, will be wrong.
    thinking its better to have some thoughts that will be corrected,
    rather than none at all

my view for a while has been

we utilise knowledge,
    but we learn from the things we dont yet know.

cheers

steve
    when i went there nothing happened!, i was bored out of my mind..................in the Twilight Zone.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SKAWF For This Post:

Chicodoodoo (26th April 2011), hohoemi (26th April 2011), Lord Sidious (26th April 2011), Sierra (26th April 2011), ulli (27th April 2011)

19. Link to Post #490
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

This issue is very important to me too Chico. And until you address the issue of safety and respect, I cannot unite with you and what you seem to want.
    Sierra, I agree that there must be a mechanism to ensure the safety of all members. Banning may be a reasonable mechanism when safety is at risk. Respect, on the other hand, cannot truly be enforced. Respect has to be earned. Banning someone for a perceived lack of respect does not seem proper. A time-out perhaps, but not a permanent banning.

A better plan than "you're gone" is definitely what is needed here. That kind of plan in itself shows a lack of respect towards others, if I may be so bold.
    OK, thank you for breaking silence on this issue. Now we can dialog. We have a difference in terminology. I am not talking about the kind of respect one tries to earn on the job. I am talking about the respect every single sovereign soul on this website deserves. The kind of respect that shows we are here for each other's growth and a connection that provides joy and amusement along the way.

As for the other kind of respect, ALL of us are above and below someone in attributes and skills. All of us. Of what use is earned respect in a spiral world view? This place is not a job, not a career, not a paycheck. This is a private forum where we come to be with like minded people in agreement with Bill's mission statement. If earned respect causes the kind of abuse experienced here a few months ago, forget it. I was appalled by their words and deeds. Those who were banned don't get my respect. They didn't earn it.

Safety WAS at risk. I don't know about you but me the deafie heard repeatedly on this thread that people were not posting because they felt threatened and intimidated. Earned respect indeed.

I don't think you can talk to me about safety and respect when it is perfectly clear you been blind and deaf to the issue for 25 pages as evidenced by your complete silence on the subject until I brought it up directly to you. It is more important than you think.

If you plan to keep talking about this, put a scenario out here so we can see if it is workable or not. Come up with something better than what is currently in place.

Earn the respect of one pissed off old crone

Sierra

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

jjl (26th April 2011), ulli (27th April 2011)

21. Link to Post #491
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

Good to see that the last 14 hours has produced so much wonderful dialogue, thanks everyone, especially Flash for that wonderful, long-but-iteresting post. I possibly have more to say, but I want time to marshal my thoughts, and right now I have an appointment with 65 Chinese teenagers, who are going to be treated to 30 minutes of Edmund Blackadder, give them something to laugh at before their mid-term exams !
    This really is a wonderful forum, thank you everyone, keep it up !

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

astrid (26th April 2011), Billy (26th April 2011), sepia (26th April 2011), Sierra (26th April 2011), SKAWF (26th April 2011), Tahi (26th April 2011)

23. Link to Post #492
    Deactivated
    Thanks

[mod-edit: text deleted - see my mod-edit, above. - Paul. ]
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 26th April 2011 at 07:53.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Gone001 For This Post:

Isostool (26th April 2011)

25. Link to Post #493
    Inelia

Quote Posted by Aldous (here)
    You have obviously made up your mind, so no point discussing it further.
    I like that you went from "Bill obviously knew what was happening about the 18 - and lying about it" type attitude, to one where Charles was misunderstood... a slight, yet positive shift.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 26th April 2011 at 07:53. Reason: reduce nested quote'ing depth

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inelia For This Post:

NancyV (26th April 2011), Sierra (26th April 2011), Yoda (26th April 2011)

27. Link to Post #494
    Thanks

I find this thread expanding my awareness in unexpected ways (personal attacks aside).

There's very clever people here at Avalon......

Thanks and warm wishes...

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Isthatso For This Post:

gigha (26th April 2011), jjl (26th April 2011), Lord Sidious (26th April 2011), shuan (26th April 2011), Sierra (26th April 2011), ulli (26th April 2011), winnasboy (26th April 2011)

29. Link to Post #495
    Thanks

Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 26th April 2011 at 07:56.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SKAWF For This Post:

Gone001 (26th April 2011), Isostool (26th April 2011), magicmanx (26th April 2011), Nasu (26th April 2011)

31. Link to Post #496
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 26th April 2011 at 07:55. Reason: fix quote'ing

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Gone001 For This Post:

Nasu (26th April 2011)

33. Link to Post #497
    United States Avalon Member jjl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 544 posts

oh please breath!

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jjl For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (26th April 2011), gigha (26th April 2011), Lord Sidious (26th April 2011), magicmanx (26th April 2011), Normalguy31 (26th April 2011), Sierra (26th April 2011), ViralSpiral (26th April 2011), Whiskey_Mystic (26th April 2011)

35. Link to Post #498
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,580 times in 5,817 posts

Well, some of this thread relates to integrity.

We've got the cast and crew from 2 different forums, the overlap of members in those 2 forums, plus the so-called 33 rulers of the world (some pure; some impure), plus Charles, all being mentioned. No mention of Adolph Hitler yet, so that's a good sign.

I'm going to recommend that if someone wants to debate about changing the rules or the 'spirit' of Project Avalon - that we all agreed to when we became members - that is a separate subject from this thread titled "Integrity."

I'll also remind everyone not to single-out individuals ("ad hominem"), even if you are directly on-topic and talking about Integrity. If anyone thinks that directly challenging someone else's integrity is going to end up on a positive note (or even a neutral resolution), then you're so immersed into your emotions that you're not thinking straight. Stop posting until you shake that notion.

You know that amazing part of yourself that has soul-smiling inner vision and a vibrant depth of compassion that beams outwards in every direction? The Higher Self? Use that, and the conversation moves forward toward healing.

Dennis

36. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

An Cailleach (26th April 2011), Belle (26th April 2011), Billy (26th April 2011), DeDukshyn (26th April 2011), Donna O (26th April 2011), DoubleHelix (26th April 2011), EsmaEverheart (26th April 2011), Fred Steeves (26th April 2011), gigha (26th April 2011), jjl (26th April 2011), Limor Wolf (26th April 2011), Lord Sidious (26th April 2011), loveandgratitude (26th April 2011), Normalguy31 (26th April 2011), pilotsimone (3rd May 2011), Sierra (26th April 2011), SKAWF (26th April 2011), StephenW11UK (28th June 2011), sunflower (26th April 2011), Telepathic Intuitive (26th April 2011), ulli (26th April 2011), winnasboy (26th April 2011), Yoda (26th April 2011)

37. Link to Post #499
    Inelia

There is a very distinct and very easily identifiable energy flowing back and forth, from this thread to the other forum. Personal attacks, they come in various forms, and "innocent" people can be used to carry them out.

Was there an attack on Bill on this thread? Yes. No denying it, no matter how you change your words. It is called "covert hostility", which is when someone pretends to be nice while stabbing someone with innuendos and veiled accusations. I don't do that, I call a spade a spade.

There really is no secret about where the ultimate source puppets are who are stirring all the mud at Bill, nor the puppeteers. My message to "them" is that you will not succeed. Bill and Avalon are standing strong. If I feel a threat to this place or Bill, even if simply implied, I will step in. No question.

Take it or leave it.

As to this thread, it no longer reflect the spirit with which it was started, I would ask the mods to close it.

38. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Inelia For This Post:

Anchor (26th April 2011), Anna (28th April 2011), astrid (26th April 2011), Bill Ryan (26th April 2011), Billy (26th April 2011), dancing_particles (20th May 2011), Dennis Leahy (26th April 2011), DoubleHelix (26th April 2011), Elle (23rd July 2011), EsmaEverheart (26th April 2011), Fred Steeves (26th April 2011), gabbahh (30th April 2011), gigha (26th April 2011), Hervé (26th April 2011), Jendayi (26th April 2011), jjl (26th April 2011), loveandgratitude (26th April 2011), Mauree (5th June 2011), MMA_Fan (26th April 2011), NancyV (26th April 2011), perfectresonance (26th April 2011), Professor (27th April 2011), Sierra (26th April 2011), strevane (7th August 2011), sunflower (26th April 2011), ThePythonicCow (26th April 2011), Timreh (12th March 2013), Titan Orion (27th June 2011), ulli (26th April 2011), Yoda (26th April 2011)

39. Link to Post #500
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

Sierra, I agree that there must be a mechanism to ensure the safety of all members. Banning may be a reasonable mechanism when safety is at risk. Respect, on the other hand, cannot truly be enforced. Respect has to be earned.
    Respect can not be enforced,but respectfull communication can and will be..
    Always agreeing is not necessary or natural,but expressing it through slander is not A usefull thing!
    Words and thoughts are a strong form of energy in the universe,this is why the whole game around it is being manipulated.
    taking self responsibility on our words and actions (not on our reflections) is a tough thing to do,but necessary.

Ignoring it or saying 'oh,well i've been pissed off,so it is justified',is how things were always done.
    lets take a look around us...

isn't it about time that we try something else?

~*&^~*&^~*&^

Limor
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 26th April 2011 at 06:11.

40. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Amenjo (12th May 2011), Billy (26th April 2011), christian (28th April 2011), dancing_particles (20th May 2011), Donna O (26th April 2011), EsmaEverheart (26th April 2011), Fred Steeves (26th April 2011), gigha (26th April 2011), Hervé (26th April 2011), Lord Sidious (26th April 2011), NancyV (26th April 2011), Sierra (26th April 2011), ThePythonicCow (26th April 2011), thunder24 (26th April 2011), ulli (26th April 2011), Ultima Thule (26th April 2011), winnasboy (26th April 2011), Yoda (26th April 2011)

Closed Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst 1 15 25 26 LastLast