1. Link to Post #1
    Botswana Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,208 times in 1,243 posts

Default STELARA - Bizarre commercial

I WOULD RATHER KEEP THE PSORIASIS Thank you

What a bizarre commercial

From the ad voice-over:

"Stelara may lower your ability to fight infections, and increase your risk of infections. Some serious infections require hospitalization. Before starting Stelara, your doctor should test for tuberculosis. Stelara may increase your risk of cancer. Always tell your doctor if you have any sign of infection, or have had cancer. Alert your doctor of new or worsening problems, including headaches, seizures, confusion and vision problems. These may be signs of a rare potentially fatal brain condition. Serious allergic reactions can occur. Tell your doctor if you or anyone in your house needs or has recently received a vaccine. With 4 doses a year, after 2 starter doses, IT'S STELARA!"

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Default Re: STELARA - Bizarre commercial

I know what you mean. The admitted 'possible' side-effects are often far worse than the condition that the latest/greatest Big Pharma pill was supposed to symptomatically alleviate. (Note I didn't say "cure", because cures end the revenue stream.)

It would make a good comedy skit, if real humans were not the butt of the joke.

Dennis

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Lord Sidious (27th April 2011), schnurfel (27th April 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,702 times in 8,941 posts

[QUOTE=loveandgratitude;205646]I WOULD RATHER KEEP THE PSORIASIS Thank you

What a bizarre commercial

QUOTE]

This is, to my opinion, very common advertising for med in US. They put in all the side effects to avoid litigations. A list of them. i have seen that for many products when I had access to US channels before digitalisation of t.v. air waves few years ago.

My reaction was always the same as yours, I rather remain with the problem than take these medications.

5. Link to Post #4
    Scotland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Well at least they are being up front with the side effects. I didn't even know what Plaque psoriasis was until I saw this ad, after viewing a few images of individuals affected by it I can see why some may take the risk to treat it even though it could cost them their life. I am still amazed at they advertisement though, it is as if they are trying to sell you a holiday.

+ Reply to Thread