+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 4 9 LastLast

Thread: Fraud? Deception? Speak!

1. Link to Post #61
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Fraud? Deception? Speak!

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)

And when I say show me that I am wrong, your posts betray your intent.
    I will make you this promise, if I am wrong about you, then I will apologise and acknowledge that.
    Is that fair enough?
    How can you know my intent? And no thats not fair enough, I do not recognise your authority to sit in judgement of me. And after your previous personal attacks, I think you owe me an apology anyway.
    But I wont hold my breath..... I'll just sit back for a while :D

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nairnia For This Post:

Chicodoodoo (30th April 2011), Fred259 (30th April 2011), NancyV (1st May 2011)

3. Link to Post #62
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Nairnia (here)
    Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)

And when I say show me that I am wrong, your posts betray your intent.
    I will make you this promise, if I am wrong about you, then I will apologise and acknowledge that.
    Is that fair enough?
    How can you know my intent? And no thats not fair enough, I do not recognise your authority to sit in judgement of me. And after your previous personal attacks, I think you owe me an apology anyway.
    But I wont hold my breath..... I'll just sit back for a while :D
    I am someone who cares about the site. As you know, we have had a bit of upheaval recently.
    And if I were attacking you, how come the mods didn't remove the posts or warn me?
    At this point, you won't get an apology, but if I am wrong, then you will.

4. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

I must say something, because I am traumatized since yesterday

As this is seemingly a new integrity thread, looking like integrity has a life of its own,

I must confess something

Chicodoodoo by giving in an anagram (almost) the significance of his name traumatized me

Chico, meaning the kid, el nino, this I knew from my spanish speaking side,

Dodoo in French is written doudou, with the same pronunciation, and it is the small comfort blanket toddlers carry around everywhere,

I had associated in my mind Chico, el nino, the toddler, carrying his comfort blanket around everywhere, and made a psychological transfer,

Therefore, I always had the feeling like hugging Chicodoodoo because of this picture in my mind, very warm, motherly feeling,

But, all of a sudden, the little comfort blanket changed and it became excrements, I was in shock !

So Chico, el nino, was now carrying his sh..t around,

This did not have the same impact on me at all,

My vision changed suddenly, I am traumatized, ROLF

I definitly prefer my first transfer, and I am reverting to it, as I don't thing Chico is carrying sh.. t around, and I prefer hugging someone clean (integrity helping)

Please to all take this post lightly, it is to be fun, but what I am saying is true, I did have these images in my mind.

We should make a thread on images and associations that avatars and names evoke on this forum.

Love to all,

Flash
    Last edited by Flash; 30th April 2011 at 13:12.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Chicodoodoo (30th April 2011), Donna O (30th April 2011), edina (2nd May 2011), enfoldedblue (30th April 2011), jjl (30th April 2011), Lifesong (30th April 2011), Lord Sidious (30th April 2011), manny (30th April 2011)

6. Link to Post #64
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)
    Ha ha ha....For a minute I was wondering who this 'ninopoo' was. Anyway I try not to get too involved in the political side of these forums. I like avalon because there are a lot of interesting topics raised in the threads and a lot of knowledgeable people responding. I am also a member of nexus for the same reasons. I see no reason to pick sides and pledge allegiance to one site. I figure the more information I have access to the better. I think everyone should be free to express themselves however, and wherever, they feel appropriate. I find it very sad that a situation has been created that makes people afraid to post their true thoughts....for me this completely goes against what I thought this forum stood for. Probably I am naive, but if I had the choice I would go for a completely lasser-faire approach, rather than a heavy handed mod approach. Sure we might have some nasty posts, and some feelings might get hurt, but as long as there were enough good, loving, aware people on board I believe things would ultimately work themselves out. We have been taught that without authority there would be chaos, but I feel that this is 'old paradigm'. Sure, as we learn to step away from authority there will inevitably be teething issues, but how else are people going to learn that an open, repectful response is more effective and constructive than spewing vitriole?

LOVE ALLways, c
    I think enfoldedblue has said the gist of the matter well here. Why should we "limit" ourselves to one website or another? Isn't the point to gain as much useful information as possible to connect the dots. This isn't a religion--it is a website. Though it is helpful for us to have a community, it is silly to think that is all there is. That's just another dogma we don't need or want to walk. Why is ego so deeply embedded in an intellectual forum. I thought the "point" of a persona was aesthetic distance. Let's try living up to that. I love many of you (not all) and have watched you for years, but I must say I'm tired of the "me me me" stuff that seems to be the main thread of all threads. This is why (IMHO) Lord Sidious refers to the members, and the public at large, as "nuggets" (Pray correct me if I'm wrong, M'Lord)

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moonwish For This Post:

Chicodoodoo (30th April 2011), enfoldedblue (30th April 2011), ktlight (30th April 2011), sllim11 (30th April 2011)

8. Link to Post #65
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Moonwish (here)
    This is why (IMHO) Lord Sidious refers to the members, and the public at large, as "nuggets" (Pray correct me if I'm wrong, M'Lord)
    Sorry, you need to be an initiated member of the Sith Order to find out what that is about.

9. Link to Post #66
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,157 times in 529 posts

Narnia and lord sith need some

10. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

Sometimes I thank a post because it is "useful" as opposed to thanking a post because I "agree" with it.

cheers,
    yak

11. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to yaksuit For This Post:

3optic (30th April 2011), Chicodoodoo (30th April 2011), enfoldedblue (30th April 2011), Flash (30th April 2011), Fred259 (30th April 2011), greybeard (30th April 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (1st May 2011), Jake (30th April 2011), K626 (30th April 2011), Lily de Cuir (30th April 2011), magicmanx (30th April 2011), Nasu (30th April 2011), Shikasta (30th April 2011), sllim11 (30th April 2011), winnasboy (30th April 2011)

12. Link to Post #68
    Great Britain Avalon Member Fred259's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 times in 509 posts

Quote Thanks for your response. I don’t feel personally concerned by the epithet ‘two-faced’ since everything I posted on Nexus concerning PA I also copied here. My posting name there is the same as here. It was the narrow view principle of ‘true to my school’ that I questioned – forums like these are about education and exchange, and they’re open to all.
    [/QUOTE]

Fine Fructedor, I understand, so whats the issue then?

Quote Restrictive ‘loyalty’ to one or the other doesn’t come into it, in my opinion. We all visit all sorts of sites and probably post on more than a few – what’s wrong with that?
    Nothing I agree.

Quote And why would anyone post or thank, or indeed refrain from either, in fear of the mod reaction if what they’re posting is truly what they have to say?
    I agree. However you need to take responsibility for your actions.

Quote Assuming we’re not concerned here with blatant dumb hypocrisy – posting over there that Avalon is **** and then coming here and saying it’s the bee’s knees.
    It would seem that members are frightened from posting for fear of being banned. I don’t think this is the case, its an illusion.

Quote I’m not aware of any of that, personally
    I think that’s a little disingenuous. I mentioned earlier I visited Richards’s site last night for the first time , and so I don’t see how you can say that. Frankly I was appalled.

Quote Thanking posts doesn’t necessarily mean you agree with what’s said, either, does it?
    No. I think it does.

Quote You can thank people for making you think differently too, or because you respect their honesty or humour.
    You can but don’t expect everyone to agree with you, especially so if it’s disrespectful and or has a negative effect on Avalon.

Quote I went to Nexus to try and understand the split and the mod exodus, to try and look at both sides, and I’d bet many others did the same.

Bill told the forum why this happened. Fundamentally the previous mods demanded the removal of another mod. Bill declined and they resigned or were retired. IMHO he was right; you can’t have cults and bullying. This is what destroys forums.

I also suggested that stopping the mods posting “ideology” would be a good thing. The mods job is to moderate and manage the forum not dictate or influence posts. This way the member’s forum remains honest and freethinking.

Quote Now there are problems for which Inelia was the catalyst, and I wanted to see what had happened there too, particularly since some of the banned were people I appreciated.
    What is the problem with Inelia? How could this be resolved on Richards site? Surely it can only be resolved here. I don’t know Inelia or her message. If her message is spiritual I would imagine it will have foundation and be long lasting. If it’s new age, I would suggest not. Did Jane Fonda and John Lennon really change the world?
    They come and go don’t they, just like Charles. What don’t you like about Inelia message?

Maybe Inelia should also be stopped from posting “ideology” as with the mods. I posted yesterday saying it was wrong for Charles and John Lear in my opinion to have full and free access to the forum. Teachers should provide the information and wisdom that can then be discussed on the member’s forum. This way the forum remains free from subversion. What would have happened if Charles had been a member of the KKK?

Quote Some of them were really angry, and said so. That’s one thing, it’s an understandable reaction – random ****-slinging doesn’t really help anyone, though, and there was a little of that, unfortunately. Ignore it.
    I agree. But these issues can only be resolved on Avalon. Going to other sites just inflames the situation which is precisely what’s happened.

Quote Also, moderating is probably a time-consuming and difficult job, trying to keep content pertinent and respectful, which avoids us wallowing in YouTube-style ravings.
    It is, but it needn’t be. One of the best features about Avalon is that it’s a closed forum. Therefore it can’t be subverted. The “hell raisers” are on the outside looking through the bars wanting inside, yet they cant. So the moderating job should be quite easy. Essentially we should self police the forum.

This is what happens at Bilderberg, CFR and these other organisations. You can’t infiltrate them because they are a closed society. We should do the same.

Quote The problem comes from what appear to be changing guide-lines for forum behaviour – whether or not censorship is being applied – that is a point worth addressing I think.
    Forum “standards” I think may be a better word.

I have never been censored, and I often go against the forum opinion, so I don’t see this as a problem. I still haven’t forgiven Ilie for his China war remark, however that’s another matter, he won’t ban me or censor my post for disagreeing with him unless he works for the “Securitate” the Romanian secret police….lol…so really its all back to how we conduct ourselves isn’t it…

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred259 For This Post:

Fructedor (30th April 2011), NancyV (1st May 2011), Nasu (30th April 2011)

14. Link to Post #69
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 653 posts

Quote Posted by mondaze (here)
    {Don't fear the reaper} ninoplops this is for you
    Thanks !!! One of my all-time favorites ....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chicodoodoo For This Post:

mondaze (30th April 2011)

16. Link to Post #70
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,152 times in 2,815 posts

There is so much diss info/miss info its hard to take it all in at the moment.

Hoaxed or not,Fraud or not or debunked or not there is always going to be some people more opionated than others thats just the way us humans are.
    I tend to do alot of reaserch re the above and if i cant say its hoaxed,fraud or i cant debunk it then to me it becomes unexplained.Some will make an opinion without doing any research

As per our history books just because somebody said this and that happened and that is written down dosent mean i beleive it.

We all have a path to take

The One xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

17. Link to Post #71
    Thanks

Quote Posted by The One (here)
    There is so much diss info/miss info its hard to take it all in at the moment.

Hoaxed or not,Fraud or not or debunked or not there is always going to be some people more opionated than others thats just the way us humans are.
    I tend to do alot of reaserch re the above and if i cant say its hoaxed,fraud or i cant debunk it then to me it becomes unexplained.Some will make an opinion without doing any research

As per our history books just because somebody said this and that happened and that is written down dosent mean i beleive it.

We all have a path to take

The One xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I agree, just 15% of the former KGB spying involved the James Bond sexy spying Hollywood style scenario.

85% is subversion, mis and dis information that has changed society forever. Now the criminals in the Banking / Military Industrial Complex control every aspect of society.

Watching the Royal wedding with my children yesterday the hymns and even the Lords Prayer were alien to them. Why is this? Because they have taken and removed religious education from schools and replaced it with cultural Marxism.
    Last edited by Fred259; 30th April 2011 at 19:44.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred259 For This Post:

greybeard (30th April 2011), K626 (30th April 2011), Lord Sidious (30th April 2011), magicmanx (30th April 2011)

19. Link to Post #72
    Wales Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,775 times in 1,313 posts

Hi there
    Just to let you know that this thread is Childish Crap (pun intended)

Sorry Chicodoodoo I couldn't help myself (apologies)
    regards to you
    roman

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ROMANWKT For This Post:

Chicodoodoo (30th April 2011), Fructedor (30th April 2011), greybeard (30th April 2011), Lord Sidious (1st May 2011), NancyV (1st May 2011), Nasu (30th April 2011)

21. Link to Post #73
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,152 times in 2,815 posts

•2.5 billion people lack access to improved sanitation
    •1 billion children are deprived of one or more services essential to survival and development
    •148 million under 5s in developing regions are underweight for their age
    •101 million children are not attending primary school, with more girls than boys missing out
    •22 million infants are not protected from diseases by routine immunization
    •8 million children worldwide died before their 5th birthday in 2009
    •4 million newborns worldwide are dying in the first month of life
    •2 million children under 15 are living with HIV
    •>500,000 women die each year from causes related to pregnancy and childbirth

Over 22,000 children die every day around the world.

That is equivalent to:

•1 child dying every 4 seconds
    •15 children dying every minute
    •A 2010 Haiti earthquake occurring almost every 10 days
    •A 2004 Asian Tsunami occurring almost every 10 days
    •An Iraq-scale death toll every 18–43 days
    •Just under 8.1 million children dying every year
    •Some 88 million children dying between 2000 and 2009

The silent killers are poverty, hunger, easily preventable diseases and illnesses, and other related causes. Despite the scale of this daily/ongoing catastrophe, it rarely manages to achieve, much less sustain, prime-time, headline coverage

Need i say anymore

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

22. Link to Post #74
    France Avalon Member
    Thanks

Fred I propose we don’t waste time talking in circles.

I questioned your original statement that posting on other threads was wrong – now you seem to agree that there’s nothing wrong with it. Great. And may we assume that we’re all capable of taking responsibility for our actions?

You seem to be saying that fear of mod reprisals for posts or thanks is illusory. I agree.
    Clearly we disagree that thanking posts means that you’re in agreement with the opinion expressed – as Yaksuit pointed out, the word ‘useful’ is engaged in forum thanks – I thank posts for a variety of reasons, and I do not agree with all of them. And no-one’s obliged to agree with our thanks.

I don’t see PA being any healthier by adopting a Bilderberger / CFR structure, attempting impregnability. Keep it as open as possible I think, so that people can come and go as they please – we’ll all be richer for it. My opinion.

Best wishes

Fructedor

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fructedor For This Post:

Chicodoodoo (30th April 2011), enfoldedblue (30th April 2011), Fred259 (30th April 2011)

24. Link to Post #75
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 653 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    I had associated in my mind Chico, el nino, the toddler, carrying his comfort blanket around everywhere, and made a psychological transfer,

Therefore, I always had the feeling like hugging Chicodoodoo because of this picture in my mind, very warm, motherly feeling
    Awww, aren't you sweet! To think I sacrificed all those hugs in pursuit of truth and integrity. J'ai presque des regrettes maintenant...

I love your mental image, Flash. Please hold onto it, as it is much closer to the truth than the image I painted, which I of course created to add to the power of the post (plus it tickled my funny bone).

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chicodoodoo For This Post:

edina (2nd May 2011), Flash (1st May 2011)

26. Link to Post #76
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,585 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by The One (here)
    •2.5 billion people lack access to improved sanitation
    •1 billion children are deprived of one or more services essential to survival and development
    •148 million under 5s in developing regions are underweight for their age
    •101 million children are not attending primary school, with more girls than boys missing out
    •22 million infants are not protected from diseases by routine immunization
    •8 million children worldwide died before their 5th birthday in 2009
    •4 million newborns worldwide are dying in the first month of life
    •2 million children under 15 are living with HIV
    •>500,000 women die each year from causes related to pregnancy and childbirth

Over 22,000 children die every day around the world.

That is equivalent to:

•1 child dying every 4 seconds
    •15 children dying every minute
    •A 2010 Haiti earthquake occurring almost every 10 days
    •A 2004 Asian Tsunami occurring almost every 10 days
    •An Iraq-scale death toll every 18–43 days
    •Just under 8.1 million children dying every year
    •Some 88 million children dying between 2000 and 2009

The silent killers are poverty, hunger, easily preventable diseases and illnesses, and other related causes. Despite the scale of this daily/ongoing catastrophe, it rarely manages to achieve, much less sustain, prime-time, headline coverage

Need i say anymore

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Thanks, "The One", for reminding us where our focus is most needed.

Dennis

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Fred259 (30th April 2011)

28. Link to Post #77
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Quote Posted by 1159 (here)
    There are so many 'unknown unknowns' and to quote Hoagland, 'The truth is different at every level'.
    Hi 1159, didn't Hoagland say 'the lie is different at every level'?

I thought he did, but I could be wrong. Big difference between the two, though as truth can only ever be truth.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakai For This Post:

Chicodoodoo (30th April 2011)

30. Link to Post #78
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fructedor (here)

I questioned your original statement that posting on other threads was wrong – now you seem to agree that there’s nothing wrong with it. Great. And may we assume that we’re all capable of taking responsibility for our actions?
    That happens to be my view I posted at the time saying that I thought it was wrong, and many didn’t agree. I’m not upset about it; rather I had a bad feeling of how it would end up. I’m not saying that it’s wrong to be members of other websites but given the history posting on Richards site about Avalon I think is plainly wrong. I don’t expect you to agree with me.

Quote You seem to be saying that fear of mod reprisals for posts or thanks is illusory. I agree.
    Good.

Quote Clearly we disagree that thanking posts means that you’re in agreement with the opinion expressed – as Yaksuit pointed out, the word ‘useful’ is engaged in forum thanks – I thank posts for a variety of reasons, and I do not agree with all of them. And no-one’s obliged to agree with our thanks.
    Thank whoever you want whenever you want, I dont really have an opinion on it

However we were talking about Richards site. If people post BS about Avalon and you go and thank the post, then I think regardless of how you want to “spin the thanks” it’s duplicitous. But listen I’m maybe a bit older than you so call me a bit old fashioned. My daughter does.. all the time I might add!

Quote I don’t see PA being any healthier by adopting a Bilderberger / CFR structure, attempting impregnability.
    Yes, obviously however I was talking about subversion and pointing out the benefits of having a closed society / forum. It’s not really closed, it’s just the expression closely regulated would perhaps be a better explanation.

Quote Keep it as open as possible I think, so that people can come and go as they please –we’ll all be richer for it. My opinion.
    No I strongly disagree, if you do that you end up with all the mis / dis agents who seek to destroy the work going on. Keep it the way it is. France and Britain are open societies; look at the complete mess we are in. Russia is a closed society, so is Switzerland look how well they are doing…that’s what I mean really…

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred259 For This Post:

Fructedor (1st May 2011), NancyV (1st May 2011)

32. Link to Post #79
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fred259 (here)
    No its not, but one thing the military does do for the individual, and I’ve been in the air force is that it teaches you to be disciplined, structured and above all to be loyal.
    Hi Fred - loyal to whom? And is it such a good thing? I can understand loyalty when it is freely and willingly given, but when it is required or demanded, then surely one must sacrifice their own reason in order to give it.

33. Link to Post #80
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Respecting all points of view
    Chris
    Hi Greybeard - I wonder, are all points of view worthy of respect? I get respecting the right to voice a point of view, but surely not all viewpoints are worthy of being respected.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakai For This Post:

Lord Sidious (1st May 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 4 9 LastLast