+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MatchStick Men

1. Link to Post #1
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Default MatchStick Men

I would like to ask a question that has bothered me for most of my adult life….

When I was very young, perhaps around the 6 year old mark, we lived in quite an old house that the whole family (and some paying lodgers we used to host) always say was haunted.

I agree, it was, and two of the incidents that have stayed in my mind the most, was to wake up and see matchstick men lined up along my windowsill, behind the curtains, silhouetted against the night sky. I remember it in so much detail that I checked where the curtains ended to see if it was just some wierd pattern on the curtain, but the arms were sticking out beyond the material. I think there were around six of them

The second time I saw them, there were two I think, they stood directly at the side of me whilst in bed. I woke to see them just stood there, motionless but as clear as day, perhaps they would have been about four foot high and a similar size to me.

On both of these occasions I was sharing a bed with my brother and remember clinging onto him in fear but I was ‘frozen’ and unable to say anything to try and wake him up.

I don’t know how long I laid there each time, but I must have fallen asleep eventually and the next thing I knew it was morning.

It would be fantastic if anyone could shed any light on this for me, or even better, has had similar experiences because as I say, I feel the events were significant and have never faded from my memory.

Thank you for reading my story

* I call matchstick men those stick men that children draw, just made up of black lines and a circle for the head if you know what I mean

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Donna O For This Post:

Caren (30th April 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Default Re: MatchStick Men

I see them all the time from the corner of my eye in the yard. Other places too. Usually in rural areas. Mine are tall though. Like 7 feet or so. They remind me of the tinman but their thin and skinny like sticks. They look like upright walking sticks. I always had the notion they were feys of some sort or tree consciouness that took decided to take off from the tree and have a stroll around. I have a lot of fey activity around so..I'm not really sure. I'll ask my daughter she sees things like that.

4. Link to Post #3
    France Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: MatchStick Men

I was still my parents only chid at that point, so I wouldn't have been much more than 1 year old. I woke in my room and there a group of small green creatures around my cot, staring at me with interest. They didn't frighten me, but after a while I called my Dad. He came in and most of the little green guys scattered, though a few hung around in the corners of the rooms. I must have told him about them; so he went into a comic rampage chasing them all away. Clearly he didn't see them, he was just entertaining me to soothe me back to sleep. But the green guys got out of there, and that was it - I don't rememnber ever seeing them again. We livied in deep countryside, near a canal - my take on that now is that in my innocence, I saw some of the creatures that inhabit those areas - perhaps in finer dimensions perceptible to children. I still recall the moment, and have no doubt it was not a dream. There are spirits in nature - no doubt, and they will converse if you take the time and still your mind.

I still wonder what would have happened if I hadn'd dragged Dad into the picture.

Best Wishes and a late good night to all

Best wishes

Fructedor
    Last edited by Fructedor; 30th April 2011 at 00:04.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fructedor For This Post:

Donna O (30th April 2011)

+ Reply to Thread