+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New EU regulations on herbal medicines come into force

1. Link to Post #1
    New Zealand Avalon Member Studeo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New EU regulations on herbal medicines come into force

New European Union rules come into force today banning hundreds of traditional herbal remedies.

The EU law aims to protect consumers from possible damaging side-effects of over-the-counter herbal medicines.

For the first time, new regulations will allow only long-established and quality-controlled medicines to be sold.

But both herbal remedy practitioners and manufacturers fear they could be forced out of business.

To date, the industry has been covered by the 1968 Medicines Act, drawn up when only a handful of herbal remedies were available and the number of herbal practitioners was very small.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13215010
    Destiny comes to those who listen and fate finds the rest. So learn what you can learn. Do what you can do and never give up hope! Marshall's Motto. Peace to all.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Studeo For This Post:

fifi (2nd May 2011), Marin (2nd May 2011), Pagan (1st May 2011), TWINCANS (2nd May 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Default Re: New EU regulations on herbal medicines come into force

When will people finally say enough is enough?
    When they are all homeless and beggars?

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 times in 534 posts

Must admit fully agree with you on this one Lord Sidious, this one is really going to cause huge problems....

Also how dare they!!!!!!!!!!!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phillipbbg For This Post:

Lord Sidious (30th April 2011), NancyV (2nd May 2011), Pagan (1st May 2011), TWINCANS (2nd May 2011)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

There is a petition you can sign for this, found it today after David Wilcock posted it on his facebook page

http://www.avaaz.org/en/eu_herbal_medicine_ban/?rc=fb
    We Are The World

7. The Following User Says Thank You to quench For This Post:

phillipbbg (1st May 2011)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,536 times in 642 posts

Found this interesting (stinky) connection:

Holland & Barrett, one of the UK's leading health stores and main retail outlet for herbal medicines, was taken over last year by the Carlyle Group. George Soros is a partner in the Carlyle Group and is also a major stockholder in Monsanto. Can anyone smell a rat yet??

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TWINCANS For This Post:

fifi (2nd May 2011), Lord Sidious (2nd May 2011), Some Bloke (2nd May 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    the foothills of le Massif Central, France
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,829 times in 1,059 posts

It is an absolute disgrace that this measure has been allowed to pass in the interests of the corrupt pharmaceutical industry, that will attempt to dictate what we can and cannot medicate ourselves with in future.

I hope to see a flourishing black market in herbal remedies to rival the illegal drug trade, which will show to those with eyes to see and ears to hear the stupidity and futility of prohibition.

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

They get away with alot because we let them. The simple fact is there isn't enough people speaken up at the right time...

What we need to figure out is how our voices can be heard and decisions made based on what the populace want...not just a handful.

Peace

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,154 times in 8,310 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    When will people finally say enough is enough?
    When they are all homeless and beggars?
    Aksu-Stockhausen syndrome.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

15. Link to Post #9
    Europe Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I went to the supermarket today (I'm in France) and they have still got herbal remedies on sale (in fact they've added a rack that wasn't there last week). All the food herbs are still there as well .
    Here's an other petition, http://http://www.gopetition.com/petition/39757.html

16. Link to Post #10
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Peace of Mind (here)
    They get away with alot because we let them. The simple fact is there isn't enough people speaken up at the right time...

What we need to figure out is how our voices can be heard and decisions made based on what the populace want...not just a handful.

Peace
    And now you know part of the reason I am a vocal, out there stirrer in real life.

17. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,530 times in 419 posts

People believe the governments and doctors are infinitely more knowledgeable than they are and act in their best interest. So they have no interest in questioning it. Until a far greater number of people actually start questioning things, which will take things getting a lot worse the present situation will continue.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to andrewgreen For This Post:

19. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Yes unfortunately people still place far too much trust i the medical 'authorities' and believe that all they do is good for us, and never question their intentions. Most of my friends just ignore me now when I start talking about stuff like this, no matter how much I try and point out that they are wiling to take untested drugs with untold side effects, and totally believe the propaganda that herbal remedies either do not work or are bad for you. They never seem to question that our family is virtually never sick, and they have constant colds and flu's. Our 2.5 yr old son has never even taken an aspirin (unfortunately he has his first round of vaccinations up until 18 months, I didn't 'wake up' until the end of 2009), but he loves his herbal tea and vitamin D! I always try to inform people in my surroundings about stuff like this, but they are seriously starting to think that I am going mad I think, so I have virtually stopped, unless someone asks me outright what my opinion is. Which come to think of it, more and more people are doing lately, so maybe they are starting to question things a bit more.

I really wonder though how laws like this can actually go through though, surely you don't have to be a 'nutjob conspiracy theorist ' to question things like this. There must be millions of people who take herbal remedies. It's like the EU ban on people selling their own seed to one another, this must affect millions of people, why are they not questioning it more?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ella For This Post:

21. Link to Post #13
    Germany Avalon Member The Truth Is In There's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 726 posts

the truth is that most people couldn't care less. about this and about everything else. you can't even talk about such things with most of them because it's like talking to a wall. wanna make a difference? anyone ready for real change? forget about it! not as long as the world keeps going like it does today, with the same people around. a pole shift is the best thing that can possible happen to the earth and all its inhabitants. wash away all the dirt and then start anew. if it wouldn't happen you'd not recognize our society in another 1-2 decades. the awake ones would be drugged or in jail and the majority of people would spend their days as brainwashed zombies. no thank you, i'm using my creative potential to imagine mother earth going through a thorough cleanse as soon as possible.
    Among the blind the one-eyed is a madman.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to The Truth Is In There For This Post:

23. Link to Post #14
    Wales Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 times in 407 posts

This is on wikipedia

Drug policy reformSoros has funded worldwide efforts to promote drug policy reform. In 2008, Soros donated $400,000 to help fund a successful ballot measure in Massachusetts known as the Massachusetts Sensible Marijuana Policy Initiative which decriminalized possession of less than 1 oz (28g) of marijuana in the state. Soros has also funded similar measures in California, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Nevada and Maine.[63] Among the drug decriminalization groups that have received funding from Soros are the Lindesmith Center and Drug Policy Foundation.[64] Soros donated $1.4 million to publicity efforts to support California's Proposition 5 in 2008, a failed ballot measure that would have expanded drug rehabilitation programs as alternatives to prison for persons convicted of non-violent drug-related offenses. [2][65]

In October 2010, Soros donated $1 million to support California's Proposition 19.[66]

According to remarks in an interview in October 2009, it is Soros's opinion that marijuana is less addictive but not appropriate for use by children and students. He himself has not used marijuana for years.

Smell a rat indeed.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to cellardoor For This Post:

Lord Sidious (17th May 2011)

+ Reply to Thread