+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: Another member gone.

1. Link to Post #21
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,527 times in 1,560 posts

Default Re: Another member gone.

I was part of the old forum, and really loved it. Knew most people and it felt like family. I was very reluctant to come to this new one, but Gio persuaded me. Well, to me the new forum was god-awful. It seemed to me to very male oriented! Warriors stomping all over the place, male as well as female. Aggressive would have been my description. Richard's personality and manner was not my cup of tea. I just observed for awhile , then withdrew. Coming back just recently, I was pleasantly surprised. It is much gentler now, still a bit of agro, but certainly not what it was. Healthy, somewhat heated discussion, is normal, and necessary. Only one of my previous friends are still here, out of about twenty, and they were active participating members, so obviously they were unhappy also. Overall, I observe now a far more balanced, dynamic forum with a large participating membership.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

Amenjo (2nd May 2011), Caren (3rd May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (9th May 2011), DoubleHelix (3rd May 2011), elysian (2nd May 2011), Fred Steeves (2nd May 2011), Fred259 (2nd May 2011), Gaia (2nd May 2011), Gardener (3rd May 2011), Isthatso (2nd May 2011), Jake (2nd May 2011), K626 (2nd May 2011), karelia (3rd May 2011), ktlight (2nd May 2011), loveandgratitude (2nd May 2011), NancyV (2nd May 2011), noxon medem (3rd May 2011), Snowbird (7th May 2011), ThePythonicCow (2nd May 2011), thunder24 (2nd May 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Deactivated
    Thanks

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveX For This Post:

Fred259 (2nd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by Chicodoodoo (here)
    Quote Posted by Fred S. (here)
    As for Icecold, sure he was a valued member here and had very intelligent posts, but let's not forget he CHOSE to leave, he wasn't booted.
    I'm not sure you can assume that. It's very common in government to boot wave-makers out by privately asking for their resignation and insisting that they go quietly. Then on camera you make a big deal out of how you accepted their resignation with enormous regret while playing up what a fine job they did while serving the administration and how they will be sorely missed. It's a complete charade for public consumption. I don't know the particulars in Icecold's case, but if you read between the lines, it looks like a similar situation.

Come on Chico, you're obviously an intelligent guy and I admire your tenacity, I really do. But don't you think you're kind of reaching for the stars here with the federal government analagy? Comparing Bill and the Moderators(ha, reminds me of Mike and the Mechanics) to the likes of an Obama, Bush, or Clinton?

I'm just sayin man...Seriously?

Cheers,
    Fred S.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 2nd May 2011 at 20:49. Reason: fix quote'ing

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

As for Icecold, sure he was a valued member here and had very intelligent posts, but let's not forget he CHOSE to leave, he wasn't booted.
    I'm not sure you can assume that. It's very common in government to boot wave-makers out by privately asking for their resignation and insisting that they go quietly. Then on camera you make a big deal out of how you accepted their resignation with enormous regret while playing up what a fine job they did while serving the administration and how they will be sorely missed. It's a complete charade for public consumption. I don't know the particulars in Icecold's case, but if you read between the lines, it looks like a similar situation.

Quote Posted by Icecold (here)
    I’m taking Bill’s advice and moving on.
    I made a commitment last night that I would not mention my concerns regarding the reasons for leaving.
    Why would he have to commit to leaving quietly? That doesn't sound like the Icecold that debated me so doggedly at times (and thank you for that, Icecold).
    Ahha! Got you! You are the Agent provocateur after all. Sowing the seeds of mistrust! Clearly the Draco's have taken over our mods, as I am sure you know, get him!!! ….

Only kidding, come Chicodoodoo, see clearly, please.. Look between the lines here. Some are disgruntled and have caused a stink and been booted, others have joined them, others have expressed their sadness, some have been mishandled and left, more have left, some have joined and read this crap and left, then others have commented on that, then others have taken that the wrong way, then the war of the mods, then some more depressing crap happened, then most of us had to pay our taxes, then others got board and left, then others posted about the other sites chatter, then others felt they had to make a choice, more left, more joined and read that crap, then we reacted to that, then you pipped in, then I mumbled a load of crap, then someone took me the wrong way, then you and I got banished, then there was just the newbies left and finally they left. Bill and the mods clean up after the long weekend party and rub their heads from the pain of the hangover...

Meanwhile the real agent provocateurs are rubbing their hands and smiling. Trust nobody, trust every body, we need to be strong here in Avalon, we need to work together, through this and out the other side. Please Chicodoodoo, we need each other for reasons we are not yet fully aware, we need to be mutually reenforcing, we need to be individuals and we need to be one.

In my opinion we need to be true to the thought of our mission and this moment, Avalon and avoid distraction, other than continuing to exert ourselves we should enter into nothing else… N

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Caren (3rd May 2011), edina (2nd May 2011), Gaia (2nd May 2011), gigha (2nd May 2011), Isthatso (2nd May 2011), ktlight (2nd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), NancyV (2nd May 2011), shadowstalker (2nd May 2011), sheddie (2nd May 2011), ThePythonicCow (2nd May 2011)

8. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,172 times in 2,420 posts

Quote Posted by Icecold (here)
    I’m taking Bill’s advice and moving on.
    I made a commitment last night that I would not mention my concerns regarding the reasons for leaving.
    Why would he have to commit to leaving quietly? That doesn't sound like the Icecold that debated me so doggedly at times (and thank you for that, Icecold).
    Chicodoodooo, again, you ask good questions! And I hope you continue to do just that. I would love to hear Icecold's answer to this question.

Every voice does deserve to be heard.

And, I hope that when he hears/sees the choir for healing that he may reconsider, it is up to each of us how we choose to proceed now...
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Chicodoodoo (2nd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), Nasu (2nd May 2011), sandy (2nd May 2011), starsmoonmtns (11th May 2011)

10. Link to Post #26
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 653 posts

Comparing Bill and the Moderators (ha, reminds me of Mike and the Mechanics ) to the likes of an Obama, Bush, or Clinton?
    Whoa, please don't take it that way. Obama, Bush, and Clinton are criminals of the highest order. It would be quite inappropriate to place Bill and the moderators in that category. I do not mean to imply that at all. I was not making an analogy so much as pointing out the kind of charade that is practically the status quo in our "politically correct" society. Honesty and truth are often recast as effective propaganda, and those that counter these efforts are "dealt with" (silenced). The example from government was just that, an example to illustrate what might be behind Icecold's departure. Like the statement made that Icecold CHOSE to leave, it is purely speculation.

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Chicodoodoo For This Post:

Buchanan561 (2nd May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (9th May 2011), edina (2nd May 2011), Fred Steeves (2nd May 2011), Isthatso (2nd May 2011), Jake (2nd May 2011), ktlight (2nd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), Nasu (2nd May 2011), Normalguy31 (3rd May 2011), Omni (3rd May 2011), sandy (2nd May 2011)

12. Link to Post #27
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Thanks for correcting me on that Chico, sorry about the mistaken comparison. Those kind of things happen easily communicating through a keyboard for both sender and receiver.

Cheers,
    Fred S.

13. Link to Post #28
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 653 posts

Quote Posted by Nasu (here)
    then others have commented on that, then others have taken that the wrong way, then the war of the mods, then some more depressing crap happened, then most of us had to pay our taxes,
    TAXES?! And I thought there were already enough negative forces dragging down my vibrational frequency! Must we bring up that unpleasant memory as well?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chicodoodoo For This Post:

Buchanan561 (2nd May 2011), Isthatso (2nd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), Nasu (2nd May 2011)

15. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Whatever happens, has happened or hasn't happened I think Bill's integrity is something upon which we can all depend.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (9th May 2011), HaveBlue (8th May 2011), Jake (2nd May 2011), ktlight (2nd May 2011), Nasu (2nd May 2011)

17. Link to Post #30
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Thanks for all the sharing everyone.

I'm off too...

Mods, please unsubscribe me...

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Buchanan561 (2nd May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (9th May 2011), giovonni (2nd May 2011), Miller (3rd May 2011), sandy (2nd May 2011), TigerLilly (7th May 2011)

19. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member trenairio's Avatar
    Thanks

Take care, it's your choice.
    Last edited by trenairio; 2nd May 2011 at 22:11.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to trenairio For This Post:

Nasu (2nd May 2011)

21. Link to Post #32
    Botswana Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,208 times in 1,243 posts

Becareful Constance............you are leaving when so many new amazing people are being attracted here. Many with a high spiritual energy, I feel a new injection of positive energy as the old falls away.

I have felt the energy "over there" ....very dense to say the least.

AS TO THE FUTURE OF AVALON -

The road to success is always under construction
    Last edited by loveandgratitude; 2nd May 2011 at 22:56.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to loveandgratitude For This Post:

Caren (3rd May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (9th May 2011), DoubleHelix (3rd May 2011), Gaia (2nd May 2011), gigha (2nd May 2011), ktlight (2nd May 2011), Mike (3rd May 2011), Nasu (2nd May 2011), Snowbird (7th May 2011), thunder24 (2nd May 2011)

23. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Constance Neal (here)

I'm off too...

Good Luck Constance, I hope you find the path that feels right for you. N

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

benevolentcrow (2nd May 2011), Caren (3rd May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (9th May 2011), Gaia (2nd May 2011), ktlight (2nd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), noxon medem (3rd May 2011)

25. Link to Post #34
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,381 times in 527 posts

I'm off too...

Hello Ms Neal,

So sorry you are leaving.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Davis.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blake For This Post:

Caren (3rd May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (9th May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), Nasu (2nd May 2011)

27. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Quote Posted by blake (here)

I'm off too...

Hello Ms Neal,

So sorry you are leaving.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Davis.
    Yea nice one, thanks Mr Davis, look what you started, now Constance has gone as well!

Only kidding. Today is a big day or its just another day, I am still contemplating it.. I know you were being sincere, sorry for being flippant.. Lets hope there's a few of us left when the dust settles. N

28. Link to Post #36
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

could the mods please merge all these goodbye threads...

Post it up where new members say hi...

29. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    could the mods please merge all these goodbye threads...

Post it up where new members say hi...
    Good one Rocky. Well said.. N

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Rocky_Shorz (2nd May 2011)

31. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

to activate the account they need to post there, when someone says goodbye, it should auto deactivate...

It would make life much easier for the mods

32. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

When did forgiveness become conditional?

Quote from a mod on the healing choir thread:
    Wow, this is wonderful, and I really hope this is sincere. Can you please remove all of the poisonous things that have been said about Project Avalon, Bill Ryan, and Inelia Benz from the Nexus forum, and then let's pass the peace pipe around.

(I'll close the thread at this point.)

Dennis
    Last edited by kinerkid; 2nd May 2011 at 23:38.

33. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Hello everyone,

As a PA Forum newbie I haven't seen any of the "politics" that may or may not be present here, but I'm glad to be a part of this community and hope that whatever energies myself and other noobs contribute will serve to create a more harmonious environment.
    This ship won't sink, it's crew have too much buoyancy for that to happen!

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to White Phoenix For This Post:

Caren (3rd May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (9th May 2011), Fred Steeves (3rd May 2011), Gaia (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (2nd May 2011), Nasu (3rd May 2011), pilotsimone (3rd May 2011), Snowbird (7th May 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast