+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is a Divide and Conquer Strategy?

1. Link to Post #1
    Botswana Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,208 times in 1,243 posts

Default What is a Divide and Conquer Strategy?

Divide and Conquer Strategy, also known as “Divide and Rule Strategy” is often applied in the arenas of politics and sociology.

IS THIS HAPPENING TO AVALON. TO DIVIDE?

Verb - to divide and conquer

1. A combination of political, military and economic strategies that aim to gain and maintain power by breaking up larger concentrations of power into chunks that individually have less power than the one implementing the strategy.
    2. (computing) Applied to various algorithms, such as quicksort, that solve a problem by splitting it recursively into smaller problems until all of the remaining problems are trivial.
    3. (as imperative, proverb) In order to rule securely, don't allow alliances of your enemies.

Noun - divide and conquer (this singular form only)

1. A strategy for achieving political or military control.

In Divide and Conquer Strategy one power breaks another power into smaller, more manageable pieces, and then takes control of those pieces one by one. It generally takes a very strong power to implement Divide and Conquer Strategy. In order to successfully break up another power or government, the conqueror must have access to strong political, military, and economic machines.

Furthermore, in order to maintain power and influence, large governments will often work to keep smaller powers and governments from uniting. In fact, this use of the principles within the Divide and Conquer Strategy is most common. It is much easier to prevent small powers from linking forces than to break them apart once they have aligned.

Leaders who utilize Divide and Conquer Strategy may encourage or foster feuds between smaller powers. This kind of political maneuvering requires a great understanding of the peoples who are being manipulated. In order to foster feuds, for example, one must understand the political and social histories of the parties intended to take part in the feuds.

Divide and Conquer Strategy also includes methods with which to control the funds and resources of the small conquered parties. For example, a powerful leader may encourage a less powerful leader to make unwise financial decisions in order to drain the smaller power’s resources. This is often successful if the leaders of the smaller powers have inflated egos and delusions of grandeur. It is important to note that this form of Divide and Conquer strategy is only effective if the smaller power allows itself to be influenced by the larger power.

Divide and Conquer Strategy was used widely by the Roman and British empires. Both superpowers played small tribes and groups against one another in order to control their lands and territories. Divide and Conquer Strategy was used by the Romans when they took Britain, when the British Empire took India, and when the Anglo-Normans took Ireland. Divide and Conquer Strategy is a staple political strategy and is still used by many countries today.

Somehow, we all have to find a way to work together for the common good.

MORAL OF THE STORY - NEVER NEVER DIVIDE BY ZERO

iF YOU DO WEIRD STUFF STARTS HAPPENING TO PEOPLE.

Last edited by loveandgratitude; 3rd May 2011 at 05:38.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to loveandgratitude For This Post:

crosby (3rd May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (3rd May 2011), Dennis Leahy (3rd May 2011), ghostrider (3rd May 2011), ktlight (3rd May 2011), Lifesong (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), Nasu (3rd May 2011), pilotsimone (3rd May 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Spain Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Re: What is a Divide and Conquer Strategy?

This is not a war. It doesn't matter what their strategy might be because they are fighting the divine will even if they do not know it. They might be helping us with their actions, in a sense. Everything is perfect as it is.

We are living the end of a cosmic cycle and rules are changing. Each of us is not important really, it doesn't matter whether we are here or there. People are awakening all over the world spontaneously because the inspiration comes from a source well above us, through a link that can't be blocked no matter how hard they try.
    Hubs like this forum are the symptom rather than the cause.

I feel, however, that living beings currently incarnated here do not share the same future. We are choosing all the time, since birth, right now, our path. We all come from the same single source, but, at the same time, each of us living beings are one of a kind. That is another reason for the division.

It is easy to confuse the cause (spirit) with the symptoms (what we do, where we go, what we say or think or read).

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wood For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (3rd May 2011), Dennis Leahy (3rd May 2011), ghostrider (3rd May 2011), ktlight (3rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (4th May 2011), NancyV (3rd May 2011), Nasu (3rd May 2011), Rocky_Shorz (3rd May 2011), Sebastion (3rd May 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,386 times in 8,335 posts

Hopefully we can get an examination going of DIVISION and what it means to us now at this time.

Personally, I'm quite upset about recent developments. I have a flurry of sub surface thoughts and feelings about it and I can't express it all.

On the surface, a division bell is what is sounded at the end of a round in a fight. Recently there has been some 'fighting' and the bell has been rung a few times.

When the Bell rings, the fighters disengage and return to their corners. When things are bad, that's easily the better option.

On a deeper level, we are NOT IN A FIGHT with EACH OTHER.

So, why the division? It doesn't make sense.

Division is also a tactic to weaken us.

If we are basically smart enough to know that and avoid division our 'enemy' would have to create a situation where we would elect division for justifiable reasons ourselves. Such a justifiable reason would be if we were 'FIGHTING' each other.

Ideological division is not a fight and any idea of a "time of division" is quite suspect to my mind.

Are we to simply accept that now is a time for division just because a few people are saying it is so?

Should we investigate where this idea has come from and assess if it is really a truth or if it is a lie?

Universal individualism is a very popular ideology among the so called "awake" but it IS only an ideology. It's also a very handy device to propagate negative division through if anyone so wants to do.

At this time of shifting scale of events I think we need to be very careful about how we gauge the real values of ideas thrown around among us.

I want us to carefully gauge the real value of this division idea that's just popped up recently.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (3rd May 2011), ghostrider (3rd May 2011), ktlight (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (4th May 2011), Rocky_Shorz (3rd May 2011), seko (3rd May 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

When ever circumstances have you questioning or second guessing your pals…reflect and assess the whole situation. Who benefits, who loses, who gains power, ultimately where will this lead you? Dismantling your unified allegiance is the easiest way for the enemy to rule over you. When you find yourself disagreeing with close ones, ask yourself “why?” Putting yourself in other’s shoes is a great way to alleviate disparities, but if the differences are fueled by hatred… dissection tactics are most likely present.

Peace

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (3rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (4th May 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 225 posts

Quote Posted by loveandgratitude (here)
    Divide and Conquer Strategy, also known as “Divide and Rule Strategy” is often applied in the arenas of politics and sociology.

When, as children, we were jealous of our parent's attention, to each other, we learned to play one against the other. We either got love or negative energy, but we felt, we gained something. Now the "power wanna-bees" will play their perception, of mommy-daddy against each other. Bill against Kerry, Bill against Inelia, anything to refocus the energy. You can see the threads being steered away, to their head games. I call this "intellectual masterbation". Just don't give it power, by not reacting.
    Pierre
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 3rd May 2011 at 17:02. Reason: fix quote'ing

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (3rd May 2011), ktlight (3rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (4th May 2011), NancyV (3rd May 2011), seko (3rd May 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but the question I've had on my mind this morning is "who are the 'useless eaters'?"

It was prompted by the following paragraph, copied from this article linked in another thread: http://www.naturalnews.com/032258_ec...apse_2012.html

Quote #11 - The plummeting intelligence of the masses - One of the most disturbing signs that we're already in the collapse is the great dumbing-down of the masses. The drooling, CNN-watching television zombies who dominate our landscape offer absolutely nothing of value to the world. They are the "mindless consumers" who get vaccinated, watch television and eat processed, pasteurized junk food. They're on psychiatric meds and believe everything the government tells them. Most of these people, of course, won't make it through the collapse.Emphasis added
    This is the only division that is really hurting us, imo.

In my mind (and in my heart) "these people" are fathers, sons, mothers, daughters, teachers, emergency room workers, grandparents, nursery school workers, nurses and x-ray techs, the men who pick up our garbage and the ladies who cut our hair. They are our neighbors, our cousins, etc. These are our fellow human beings, yet we speak of them as "these people" who are somehow lesser than. Lesser than what? Lesser than who?

I've often referred to my 'little notebook' in my posts...in this notebook, out of the 33 numbered notes I'd made of the "Charles" interview (ironic, huh?) the first one says:

"People do not understand the world - & its not their fault."

If its not their fault, why do we talk about them like there is something wrong with them?

Why don't we direct our efforts to where they are? We know they're not in the 'new age/alternative' community, yet we're not going where they are, it seems. It's like we've given up on them and just don't care any longer.

Shouldn't we be placing prayer requests at all their local churches to get them praying and focusing their intentions on alleviating the coming changes and related suffering? Shouldn't we be writing for their local papers in an effort to wake them up?

Those kinds of grass roots efforts might not be divided quite so easily as an internet forum anyway... I don't know.

These are just my thoughts this morning. Perhaps they are mainly rhetorical, again, I really don't know.

In any event, thank you for letting me share them wtih you.

- In Peace

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lifesong For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (3rd May 2011), dukes4monny (3rd May 2011), ktlight (3rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (4th May 2011), mondaze (3rd May 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,386 times in 8,335 posts

Quote Posted by Lifesong (here)

It's like we've given up on them and just don't care any longer.
    For me, this is the crux of the issue and I suspect it's the division line that great minds will justify both ways while the whole thing goes down the tubes.

I've been through tough scrapes where I've then gone into an over self indulgent period of mental spring cleaning. I've re built the justifications for believing and thinking what I do. It's a heartless period and a very isolated ( or divided ) period.

What's happened here at Avalon recently has had a much greater effect on people than many have yet admitted to themselves. Until they do, there will be more isolated tomb building going on.

Time is short and we need to get through this quickly. It's a juvenile trait to be striving to make an identity for oneself. I don't think the adults here have the luxury of the time to indulge in it.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (3rd May 2011), ktlight (3rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (4th May 2011), seko (3rd May 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but the question I've had on my mind this morning is "who are the 'useless eaters'?"

It was prompted by the following paragraph, copied from this article linked in another thread: http://www.naturalnews.com/032258_ec...apse_2012.html

Quote #11 - The plummeting intelligence of the masses - One of the most disturbing signs that we're already in the collapse is the great dumbing-down of the masses. The drooling, CNN-watching television zombies who dominate our landscape offer absolutely nothing of value to the world. They are the "mindless consumers" who get vaccinated, watch television and eat processed, pasteurized junk food. They're on psychiatric meds and believe everything the government tells them. Most of these people, of course, won't make it through the collapse.Emphasis added
    This is the only division that is really hurting us, imo.

In my mind (and in my heart) "these people" are fathers, sons, mothers, daughters, teachers, emergency room workers, grandparents, nursery school workers, nurses and x-ray techs, the men who pick up our garbage and the ladies who cut our hair. They are our neighbors, our cousins, etc. These are our fellow human beings, yet we speak of them as "these people" who are somehow lesser than. Lesser than what? Lesser than who?

I've often referred to my 'little notebook' in my posts...in this notebook, out of the 33 numbered notes I'd made of the "Charles" interview (ironic, huh?) the first one says:

"People do not understand the world - & its not their fault."

If its not their fault, why do we talk about them like there is something wrong with them?

Why don't we direct our efforts to where they are? We know they're not in the 'new age/alternative' community, yet we're not going where they are, it seems. It's like we've given up on them and just don't care any longer.

Shouldn't we be placing prayer requests at all their local churches to get them praying and focusing their intentions on alleviating the coming changes and related suffering? Shouldn't we be writing for their local papers in an effort to wake them up?

Those kinds of grass roots efforts might not be divided quite so easily as an internet forum anyway... I don't know.

These are just my thoughts this morning. Perhaps they are mainly rhetorical, again, I really don't know.

In any event, thank you for letting me share them wtih you.

- In Peace
    Whilst I don't disagree with what you wrote, there are only two parts to the equation, you are part of the problem, or part of the solution.
    If you are not doing something to help solve the problem, even if it is just passing info around, then you are part of the problem.
    Would you say that the vast mass are a or b?

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 times in 399 posts

Quote Posted by Yoda (here)
    Quote Posted by loveandgratitude (here)

When, as children, we were jealous of our parent's attention, to each other, we learned to play one against the other. We either got love or negative energy, but we felt, we gained something. Now the "power wanna-bees" will play their perception, of mommy-daddy against each other. Bill against Kerry, Bill against Inelia, anything to refocus the energy. You can see the threads being steered away, to their head games. I call this "intellectual masterbation". Just don't give it power, by not reacting.
    Pierre
    I agree with this post completely, especially the last sentence which is wise.......

Never forget the micro. A cell will divide to grow. It is the same with all. Polar opposite opinions result in division and growth for each party as that energy is fed. They both grow. Sometimes to be reconciled bigger and better.

For every person that leaves Avalon for whatever reason there are many new users all on different journey's. Most of these prove to be great members with much to share if they are nurtured properly and thoughtfully. Inelia said tptb could even kill her physical body if they wished, she would be back in a flash anyway.

They cannot win

If someone doesn't fit into Avalon, there are many places where they will go and interact with other like-minded folk. Avalon is great but only one part of this movement to awaken the populace, none better than another, just different. Many movements and diversions create a more intricate, detailed map.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 3rd May 2011 at 17:02. Reason: fix quote'ing

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)

Whilst I don't disagree with what you wrote, there are only two parts to the equation, you are part of the problem, or part of the solution.
    If you are not doing something to help solve the problem, even if it is just passing info around, then you are part of the problem.

I'm going to go with a.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifesong For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (3rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (4th May 2011)

19. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

First of, welcome back Wood, (I knew you would come back sometimes)

Second, if one is interested of the 'anti-art of ruling' of our actual elite, one should begin by reading the Art of War by Sun Tzu. Everything is there. http://classics.mit.edu/Tzu/artwar.html

Then, closer to our days and europeen in its fashion, The Prince by Niccolo Machiaveli http://www.constitution.org/mac/prince00.htm

I am not in favour of the ideologias in these two books, but they contain, in my opinion, all the elements of 'ruling' that our elite is currently using today. Even hints how the governed masses could free themselves.

Namaste, Steven

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Steven For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (3rd May 2011), ktlight (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (4th May 2011), NancyV (3rd May 2011), Rocky_Shorz (3rd May 2011), Wood (3rd May 2011)

21. Link to Post #12
    TimelessDimensions

Unify the left & right brain hemispheres, they have been divided by the system

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TimelessDimensions For This Post:

777 (3rd May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (3rd May 2011), Donna O (3rd May 2011), ktlight (3rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (4th May 2011), NancyV (3rd May 2011)

23. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

behold the people are as one and now there is nothing they cannot accomplish, let us go down and confound their language so they may not understand one and other. The division is to keep us off the path, thus creating doubt, playing one against the other. When we unite as one We cannot be stopped... unity of mind and spirit and purpose only leads to greatness. TPB thirteen ruling bloodlines/families have controlled earth with unity of purpose. THEY DIDN'T COUNT ON US WAKING UP, thanks Bill and Kerry for your passion. Time for all to grow into our destiny a new species, a new path, by by old control system. Today I feel Cosmic, best wishes to ALL peace to you brave souls...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (3rd May 2011), ktlight (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (4th May 2011)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

The donkey and the elephant= case and point. This Republican vs Democrat stuff is fictitious. We are fools for thinking we are any different from one another.
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (3rd May 2011), Lifesong (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (4th May 2011)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I'm going to go with a.
    I wish it were otherwise, but yes, it is a.
    You know how hard it is to collapse the system tomorrow?
    All we need is enough to say NO.
    How hard is that?
    But they won't get out of what is left of their comfort zones.

28. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

If you are not doing something to help solve the problem, even if it is just passing info around, then you are part of the problem. Would you say that the vast mass are a or b?
    I almost agreed with you, Lord Insidious, but I caught myself before hitting the thanks button! My knee jerk reaction was YEP, it's EITHER/OR! But of course those are not the only parts of the equation. Things are not always black and white, good or bad.

You could be detached and not a part of the problem nor a part of the solution. In fact you might not even acknowledge that there is a problem, hence no solution needed. You might actually think there is a reason for things being as they are, whatever those reasons might be. Or maybe there is no reason needed and you may just accept things as they are because that is reality.

There are always many different layers to our perceptions and interpretations of anything and none of them are wrong or right except through the eyes of another perspective.

Nancy

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (3rd May 2011), ktlight (3rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (4th May 2011)

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by NancyV (here)
    If you are not doing something to help solve the problem, even if it is just passing info around, then you are part of the problem. Would you say that the vast mass are a or b?
    I almost agreed with you, Lord Insidious, but I caught myself before hitting the thanks button! My knee jerk reaction was YEP, it's EITHER/OR! But of course those are not the only parts of the equation. Things are not always black and white, good or bad.

You could be detached and not a part of the problem nor a part of the solution. In fact you might not even acknowledge that there is a problem, hence no solution needed. You might actually think there is a reason for things being as they are, whatever those reasons might be. Or maybe there is no reason needed and you may just accept things as they are because that is reality.

There are always many different layers to our perceptions and interpretations of anything and none of them are wrong or right except through the eyes of another perspective.

Nancy
    In a lot of cases, I would say you are right, but not in this.
    There are only two states in many things, expanding/contracting for example with a star or any of a number of other examples.
    There is no stasis in nature, nor is there in mankind and our growth.
    If you are not helping to solve the issue, you must be contributing to it.
    There is no third way.

31. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Darla Ken Pearce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,609 times in 1,338 posts

It is sheer wishful thinking (no pun intended) to believe there are only two ways ~ ever. These two limited, restricted, bound tightly ways of thinking are a reflection of our 3D matrix and fall only within the boundaries of DUALITY.

In most of the Universes that surround us, these constricted limitations are not experienced and have no power over the huge quantum leaps open to all on Earth who were formally limited. If you watch the gentle pole shifts taking place on Earth and then these changes being reflected and manifested in shifts in perceptions, thinking, being ~ you will be enlightened as well in your heart and thinking. Ask to move forward and be allowed to see all the colors of the rainbow unlimited in contrast ~ to the 3D black and white matrix. Thankfully, we have moved and it only requires asking for it. Desiring. Ask and it is granted.

While I was raising my children with them raising me back, I used to tell them when we were stuck in traffic that Earth's veins were clogged on weekends. We sat in the fast lane, not moving, watching campers, Winabagoes and big trucks moving so slowly past our vista ~ and I taught them that each part of our body was like unto Earth with each of us representing a "cell" within her being. When I cracked my shin against a table, I'd wonder out loud if that was Spain or Portugal that took the "Hit." If only we each could perceive how whatever we are seeing outwardly in the world together, it has existence somewhere within our own cell and body structure.

Once this is fully understood, we would be able to see how to harm a single other form of life ~ we are harming our very selves and being. Think of what peace could come upon the world just to know that we played all parts in the creation of ourselves and with it, were able to take responsibility for our own perceptions, judgments, kindness or genocide in thought, actions and in the manifestation open and available to us, to actually bring about world peace, wellbeing of all who share earth with us, and then peace would surely manifest in the world that surrounds us.

Get yourself out of the matrix boxes that so limit your perceptions, your clarity of thought is only moments away and will come forth if you can make this tiny change in how you see and perceive the world. Say as I did to my dying Dad, and say this to all beings of all types, manifestations, both good and evil, darkness and light and whatever labels you've placed on them. Please repeat after me and give it a little piazzz:

"I love you, I love you, I love you! I cherish you, I cherish you, I cherish you! You are so precious unto me, you are so precious unto me, you are so precious unto me! I bless you, I bless you, I bless you! And you know what? And so it is.... Much love to each of you who live within my body and heart! Truly I cherish you well! Can you hear me now? xoxoxoxoxox
    Ep 6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Even so, let your light shine and keep it real...

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darla Ken Pearce For This Post:

ktlight (3rd May 2011), Lifesong (3rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (4th May 2011), NancyV (3rd May 2011), ulli (3rd May 2011)

33. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

Quote Posted by NancyV (here)

Nancy
    In a lot of cases, I would say you are right, but not in this.
    There are only two states in many things, expanding/contracting for example with a star or any of a number of other examples.
    There is no stasis in nature, nor is there in mankind and our growth.
    If you are not helping to solve the issue, you must be contributing to it.
    There is no third way.
    I will very respectfully disagree with you....very respectfully! Don't want to piss off Lord Sidious! (at least not much)
    Nancy

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

Lord Sidious (4th May 2011), loveandgratitude (4th May 2011)

+ Reply to Thread