+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Early retirement or not?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 times in 309 posts

Default Early retirement or not?

Hi dear Avalonians..

recent events, threads and posts by members & moderators have me very confused about remaining on the Avalon forum..

I feel i have much to contribute but am experiencing a "writer's block" something that actually never happens to me... i am in conflict with my own integrity due to all of this...

I see valued members leaving or being asked to leave... followed by a multitude of posts on both avalon and other forums... and most of them read like a glossy gossip magazine.... pointing fingers, judging motives and attacking opposite points of view is not something we should be doing at this time.....

People wishing to apply forgiveness are being stopped in their tracks...
    just a thought: Forgiveness does not mean waiting for the other to forgive... it starts with you, whoever you are..

and now a request has been made to remove negative posts from another forum...

please...
    if you know what you are doing is right, then you will not be affected by any negative comments by anyone.. you leave them be... knowing that you are on the right path.. a desire to control other people's actions and words, to me, is a sign that you have not enough faith in what you are doing and that you need confirmation from others.. in the meanwhile reacting to those that don't agree.... it seems like an awful waste of time, energy and space...

all this "quality control" is wearing me down... i feel restricted and am keeping my mouth shut on topics that would actually benefit from my input...

I would like to move beyond this but do not know how.. i am at a loss for words..
    so instead of making an emotional decision to leave, i ask you, my fellow avalonians, including Bill and the Moderators, if you would wish me to stay and keep sharing my insights here... i will stay if asked by enough people...

To clarify, this post is to determine my worth here and if it is indeed prudent to remain an active member on Avalon..

I wish to stay, but then i would have to feel comfortable that i can share any and every perspective i might have on any topic... with the utmost respect to my fellow avalonians of course! I will, however, stop sugar coating stuff.. I will be more direct and confronting..
    again with the utmost respect....

I know who I am and what my purpose is...
    will you allow me to share my being to the fullest? hogs, warts and everything?
    if so.. please let me know and i will start sharing on a level that i have never done before in an online situation... this will not be exclusive to avalon...

I will be sharing my knowledge anyway on youtube, nexus and other platforms..
    my question is: do you wish for me to do that on Avalon as well?
    Your answers will determine whether or not i will remain...

I love you...

2. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Jendayi For This Post:

777 (3rd May 2011), Amenjo (3rd May 2011), araucaria (3rd May 2011), Artemis (3rd May 2011), benevolentcrow (5th May 2011), blake (4th May 2011), Calz (3rd May 2011), Caren (3rd May 2011), crosby (3rd May 2011), DevilPigeon (3rd May 2011), enfoldedblue (3rd May 2011), Flash (3rd May 2011), Franny (5th May 2011), Lifesong (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), mab777 (3rd May 2011), Miller (3rd May 2011), mosquito (3rd May 2011), Nasu (3rd May 2011), norman (3rd May 2011), NorthernLights (3rd May 2011), Omni (3rd May 2011), Sebastion (3rd May 2011), SHAPE (3rd May 2011), sheddie (3rd May 2011), shijo (3rd May 2011), sllim11 (3rd May 2011), thunder24 (3rd May 2011), Tommy (3rd May 2011), transitionalman (3rd May 2011), ulli (3rd May 2011), winnasboy (3rd May 2011), yaksuit (3rd May 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Early retirement or not?

I wish for you to stay Jendayi. On the other hand, I feel as though Bill has already addressed this issue following the incident that involved Celine and Richard leaving. But again I don't know the specifics, so I'll leave it at that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to transitionalman For This Post:

Jendayi (3rd May 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by transitionalman (here)
    I wish for you to stay Jendayi. On the other hand, I feel as though Bill has already addressed this issue following the incident that involved Celine and Richard leaving. But again I don't know the specifics, so I'll leave it at that.
    Thank you transitionalman!
    i am addressing this issue from my own perspective.. this is how I feel.... this has nothing to do with what happened between bill, richard and celine.. it's none of my business..
    it is my own integrity that i am in conflict with.. i wish this to be resolved and am hoping some feedback by you guys might help clarify my being here...
    thanks again for your post!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jendayi For This Post:

butcherman (3rd May 2011), Caren (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member jjl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 544 posts

I think there is enough wisdom in you, to be shared on ALL forums. Please dont restrict yourself by leaving one of your many platforms. Many people here look forward to your posts. I dont always agree with you, and I have fear of some of the people you associate with but I respect your opinion and read all your posts. Both at here and the "other place". I can see the razor's edge you are forced to walk, trying hard not to alienate either side. I wish you luck with this. It's an impossible job. I am lucky in that this will never be a problem for me. I'm just not that popular.
    Considering all these challenges Jendayi, I think you are one of the few people that can balance yourself in this way. We have no relationship and have never communicated so I hope this message has impact on you. You know who you are and you know that we need you. WE know that we need you.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jjl For This Post:

benevolentcrow (5th May 2011), butcherman (3rd May 2011), Calz (3rd May 2011), Caren (3rd May 2011), Jendayi (3rd May 2011), Nasu (3rd May 2011), Sebastion (3rd May 2011), sllim11 (5th May 2011), ulli (3rd May 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Your energy and posts I have seen have been quite positive and you express yourself very well.

Cannot speak for anyone else ... but I cannot imagine why anyone would wish you to leave. The exodus of valued members subtracts from the community.

Being "direct and confronting" with "utmost respect" should be the goal and standard of every forum member.

IMHO

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Caren (3rd May 2011), Gaia (3rd May 2011), Jendayi (3rd May 2011), jjl (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), sheddie (3rd May 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Jendayi, Please forgive me if this sounds harsh. I dont mean to. If you have writer's block, dont post until you do. Please keep your membership. This is nuts, everybody leaving voluntarily. It's unnecessary. Believe it or not, until the recent exodus, I hadn't even gone to the "other " website, feeling unwelcome. How are we supposed to understand and share ideas if you restrict yourself. Some of us will come here never hearing or considering going to another site. Some people wont have time. Perhaps in a week or two, someone will ask a question that you know the answer to. What if you are the only one with the answer? Would you condemn some future stranger to never knowing because of a runaway rift that needs to stop? Don't you think both sides have suffered enough? They are still running the "cancelled thread and we are wishing more members farewell by the minute. I believe Richard to be a fair minded person and I cant any evidence that you are helping him by leaving.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jjl For This Post:

Calz (3rd May 2011), Jendayi (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), Phoenix (4th May 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member PegasusRising's Avatar
    Thanks

Dear jendayi and all,

I am a new member to this forum, although I have been a guest from time to time. I am not up to speed with the events surrounding Celine or Richard, or any other member for that fact leaving Avalon but there seems to be a trend happening.

None of us are working from outside non-duality, we still have issues we are dealing with, we still react from past experiences. IMO, it is important that people can express themselves without the fear of being censored and/or being taken in a negative light. If it is done from the heart and with respect for others there shouldn't be a problem.

I completely agree with what your saying here Jendayi;

to all people reading this , avalonians, nexians and guests alike, i would like to share one thing atm:
    Anything and everything that is not experienced personally is nothing more than "Hear Say"
    be careful with forming an opinion of something you have not experienced directly.... to believe something that is said by another (even with the greatest conviction) does not mean it is TRUTH... same goes for what i have to say..

We are the mirror for each other and we should be empowering one another to be the best we can be. Sometimes a word or phrase that is spoken or written has the power to connect to something deep inside of us, which in turn will allow us to change. So in essence if we are not speaking from the heart and are censoring ourselves this may lead to the spark and the magic disappearing.

Jendayi, only you can make the decision to stay or leave but know that your essence would be missed if you were to move on.

It seems to me there are a lot more members here on this forum, then there are contributors. Could anyone enlighten me to why they think this is?

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PegasusRising For This Post:

ace (3rd May 2011), Calz (3rd May 2011), Caren (3rd May 2011), enfoldedblue (3rd May 2011), Fred259 (3rd May 2011), Jendayi (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), mosquito (3rd May 2011), Nasu (3rd May 2011), sheddie (3rd May 2011), sllim11 (5th May 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

thank you so much for sharing your perspectives on the matter.. it is helping me a great deal!!!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jendayi For This Post:

ace (3rd May 2011), Calz (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

i do welcome any more insights.. however.. the above replies have already helped me so much that i have strengthened my resolve to be as open, sharing and helpful i possibly can!
    thank you all for reminding me of my purpose here and on other platforms... i have just taken the first step here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-and-spiritual...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jendayi For This Post:

ace (3rd May 2011), Calz (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    Australia Avalon Member DoubleHelix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 times in 438 posts

I'm not taking a personal stab here, but if people feel it's time to move on or that this forums become a god damn 'Nazi regime' for crying out loud..

Then there's plenty of other forums who would happily tailor to your needs in a free speech environment where ranters run wild and everyone lives happily ever after!

Just don't forget to slag Bill's name on the way out the door or upon arriving at your new home/forum.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoubleHelix For This Post:

Jendayi (3rd May 2011), Nasu (3rd May 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jendayi (here)
    i do welcome any more insights.. however.. the above replies have already helped me so much that i have strengthened my resolve to be as open, sharing and helpful i possibly can!
    thank you all for reminding me of my purpose here and on other platforms... i have just taken the first step here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-and-spiritual...
    starting to breath again. Anybody care to join me?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjl For This Post:

ace (3rd May 2011), Caren (3rd May 2011)

23. Link to Post #12
    France Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 times in 288 posts

I would like you to stay. I always enjoy reading and listening to your thoughts and music.

I respect and identify with your individuality, your wisdom.

Nobody has left, were all still here on this rock spinning around our sun that gives us life. Some people have just moved to a new classroom, No big deal.

Stick around and be who you are.
    Your spirit is bigger, stronger and braver.....

My Respect to you and yours

Ace

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ace For This Post:

araucaria (3rd May 2011), Calz (3rd May 2011), Caren (3rd May 2011), DoubleHelix (3rd May 2011), Gaia (3rd May 2011), Jendayi (3rd May 2011), jjl (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), Nasu (3rd May 2011), SHAPE (3rd May 2011), sheddie (3rd May 2011), Steven (3rd May 2011)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

no offense taken... i was merely asking the community i am part of to help me clarify some of my own emotional clutter.. so far i feel very supported and have become quite clear on the matter..
    i will never slag Bill or anyone for that matter... (as far as i am aware of) i do share my observations though.. and am always willing to adjust my perspective when needed.. as i am doing now..
    thanx again!

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jendayi For This Post:

ace (3rd May 2011), araucaria (3rd May 2011), Calz (3rd May 2011), Caren (3rd May 2011), DoubleHelix (3rd May 2011), jjl (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), Nasu (3rd May 2011), Sebastion (3rd May 2011)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Hi there Jendayi
    This place is like a busy underground train. If you're planning on going any distance, best try and move away from the door, maybe find a seat and relax for a few stops.
    With regard to writer's block, no one has quotas to fill, again just relax. No one expects you put in an appearance every day. I often have writer's block but the rest of the time I write a great deal. It would only become a problem if the whole process of which it is just a part were to grind to a complete halt. Like your train journey, it is a series of stops and starts, but you'll get there in the end.
    So yes, please hang around.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

ace (3rd May 2011), Caren (3rd May 2011), Jendayi (3rd May 2011), jjl (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), Nasu (3rd May 2011), shijo (3rd May 2011)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jjl (here)
    Quote Posted by Jendayi (here)
    starting to breath again. Anybody care to join me?
    breath in.. breathe out...
    Thanx!!!!

Attachment 7138
    Last edited by Jendayi; 3rd May 2011 at 12:28.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jendayi For This Post:

jjl (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

attatchment doesnt work Jendayi.

32. Link to Post #17
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by DoubleHelix (here)
    I'm not taking a personal stab here, but if people feel it's time to move on or that this forums become a god damn 'Nazi regime' for crying out loud..

Then there's plenty of other forums who would happily tailor to your needs in a free speech environment where ranters run wild and everyone lives happily ever after!

Just don't forget to slag Bill's name on the way out the door or upon arriving at your new home/forum.
    I know the frustration you must feel, but
    a) you are venting in a thread for the wrong guy, he has never done this and
    b) do you think you added or subtracted from the effort?

As for Jendayinugget, you know the answer, you did before you posted the thread, but I too use this technique, so I will play along.
    If you have a block, go take a break, do something in the real world that you love, come back in a week or however long it needs.
    I doubt that you will get caught up in the ''forum wars'' as some would call it, I haven't seen you exhibit that type of behaviour, other than try to put the flames out.
    You won't be going anywhere yet, sit down, relax.
    Enjoy the coffee.

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Two words,
    please stay .
    Last edited by yaksuit; 3rd May 2011 at 11:40.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yaksuit For This Post:

blake (4th May 2011), Calz (3rd May 2011), Caren (3rd May 2011), Jendayi (3rd May 2011), jjl (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011), Miller (3rd May 2011), sllim11 (5th May 2011)

35. Link to Post #19
    Great Britain Avalon Member Fred259's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 times in 509 posts

Quote Posted by PegasusRising (here)
    Dear jendayi and all,

I am a new member to this forum, although I have been a guest from time to time. I am not up to speed with the events surrounding Celine or Richard, or any other member for that fact leaving Avalon but there seems to be a trend happening.
    Don’t worry Pegasus, its rather like the tide at the seashore people come people go.

Quote None of us are working from outside non-duality, we still have issues we are dealing with, we still react from past experiences. IMO, it is important that people can express themselves without the fear of being censored and/or being taken in a negative light. If it is done from the heart and with respect for others there shouldn't be a problem.
    I agree post away, say your bit. Who told you all this about censorship, its all rubbish Pegasus. I cant think of any reason why you would be censored. Pornography Yes most defiantly, but other than that post away…

Quote to all people reading this , avalonians, nexians and guests alike, i would like to share one thing atm:
    Anything and everything that is not experienced personally is nothing more than "Hear Say"
    be careful with forming an opinion of something you have not experienced directly.... to believe something that is said by another (even with the greatest conviction) does not mean it is TRUTH... same goes for what i have to say..
    I agree..sound...

Quote Jendayi, only you can make the decision to stay or leave but know that your essence would be missed if you were to move on

Jendayi dosnt need to make any decisions, post here post wherever it really doesn’t matter. What does matter is what you say, so start posting away…

Quote It seems to me there are a lot more members here on this forum, then there are contributors. Could anyone enlighten me to why they think this is?
    Two point here. First it needs to be understood that Bill and Project Avalon have a worldwide following and so many members join and are perhaps not active all the time for a multitude of reasons.

Secondly, it just feels that members aren’t contributing while we Europeans are active.

Remember they are all over the world so just now Europe is dominating, the Aussies are asleep, Americans are waking up, and so as the day moves on with us in Europe by this afternoon the Americans and Canadians will be on the forum, followed by the Aussies later tonight and if you come on early in the morning the Aussies are still here before leaving around midday CET.
    Last edited by Fred259; 3rd May 2011 at 11:37.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred259 For This Post:

Caren (3rd May 2011), Jendayi (3rd May 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011)

37. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Quote Posted by DoubleHelix (here)

I know the frustration you must feel, but
    a) you are venting in a thread for the wrong guy, he has never done this and
    b) do you think you added or subtracted from the effort?

As for Jendayinugget, you know the answer, you did before you posted the thread, but I too use this technique, so I will play along.
    If you have a block, go take a break, do something in the real world that you love, come back in a week or however long it needs.
    I doubt that you will get caught up in the ''forum wars'' as some would call it, I haven't seen you exhibit that type of behaviour, other than try to put the flames out.
    You won't be going anywhere yet, sit down, relax.
    Enjoy the coffee.
    If there is one dark lord i truly love it is you!!!!
    i don't care which side of the force you're on.. you are wise beyond many..
    thanks for your kind words..

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Jendayi For This Post:

Lord Sidious (3rd May 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast