Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: How to Know a Fake Guru When You Meet One

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,851 times in 3,178 posts

Default Re: How to Know a Fake Guru When You Meet One

You know a fake guru whenever you meet one.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (4th May 2011), Nasu (4th May 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 496 posts

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    You know a fake guru whenever you meet one.
    maybe not initialy,
    and, yes, you do.
    If you are You .

Here is spring to summer
    now, and all of that, and
    greetings to you
    and all .....

(at the wells, and the wheels)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel

And one more image of a pinecone
    - in water :

Name:  pinecone water Z.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  45.7 KB

all well
    nm
    Last edited by noxon medem; 4th May 2011 at 10:38.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noxon medem For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (4th May 2011), meeradas (4th May 2011), Nasu (4th May 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member jjl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 544 posts

I used to own a new age gift store for about ten years. (Closed last year so I could replace my knee and took early retirement.) It got so that I truly pitied the people who bragged of super powers. (First clue). These people have a need to possess something the clearly didn't have. "Whenever someone would brag of being psychic, I would smile broadly at them. Inside my head I would say,; "Really? Can you tell me what I am thinking?" I never once got an answer.
    When I first came on, I got a pm from a member hinting that he/she was St. Germain. The individual even went as far as to tell me what I was wearing! Very intriguing. But alas, the person seemed to disappear about a month ago and I miss him/her. Even if it were St. Germain, (unlikely in my opinion) I could never make a guru out of anyone.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jjl For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (4th May 2011), hohoemi (4th May 2011), K626 (5th May 2011), Nasu (4th May 2011), noxon medem (4th May 2011)

7. Link to Post #24
    Bahamas Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by andywight (here)
    It would also be good to hear members experiences with fake spiritual organizations.
    I had an ex-girlfriend who was picked up by the Moonies, unfortunately for them! they shortly kicked her out for being too disruptive.
    Inelia, you were at one time a high ranking member of the Church of Scientology, would it be possible for you to share your experiences of that organization with us here? I'm sure it would be of great benefit to all members of this forum.
    Last edited by andywight; 4th May 2011 at 14:07.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andywight For This Post:

Chicodoodoo (4th May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (4th May 2011), jjl (4th May 2011), Nasu (4th May 2011)

9. Link to Post #25
    TimelessDimensions

Pope Ratzinger Burger?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TimelessDimensions For This Post:

andywight (4th May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (4th May 2011), DeDukshyn (4th May 2011)

11. Link to Post #26
    Unsubscribed
    the foothills of le Massif Central, France
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,829 times in 1,059 posts

I can very much recommend the books of Andre van der Braak

. " Enlightment Blues"

Enlightenment Blues is Andre van der Braak’s compelling first hand account of his relationship with a prominent spiritual teacher.
    It chronicles both the author’s spiritual journey and disenchantment as well the development of a missionary and controversial community around the teacher.
    It powerfully exposes the problems and necessities of disentanglement from a spiritual path.

http://www.avdbraak.nl/eb/kaminoff.html

. "Gurus & Charisma"

Is the charismatic guru a liberator or pied piper?
    Psychologist and guru expert André van der Braak analyzes the dangerous aspects of the relationship between the guru and his students and explains their appeal.
    He then uses examples to differentiate between healthy and unhealthy charisma.
    The last part of the book guides the reader to more healthy forms of discipleship and concludes with a quick guide for knowing whether your guru is leading you down the wrong track.

http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/boo...arisma/956260/

*** edit

I will add this review on 'Enlightment Blues"
    http://www.monkfishpublishing.com/pa...t-Reviews2.htm

*As for me.....

My own children have always been my best teachers.

Last edited by heyokah; 4th May 2011 at 20:48. Reason: adding link

12. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

My opinion: If it's not you, then it's fake. That's what this paradigm is all about. Self-Realization. Outside info and people are simply catalysts.

Just think - if you never lifted an arm to pick something up, the muscles in your arm would be so weak you would lose the skill. Same way with intuition. If you keep relying on others, how will you keep or ever develop the skill?
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

Anchor (6th May 2011), andywight (4th May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (4th May 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (11th May 2011), Nasu (4th May 2011), shijo (4th May 2011)

14. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

In my experience there seems to be an inverse relationship to who they are and what they say they are. The more they tell you what they are the less they are. Many of the most famous and notable were the ones that told you how much they are. The more they are the more humble they should be imo. They talents should be easily recognizable. Those that claim to be this or that turn me off, even in just an everyday learning experience.
    "I know the world is a mysterious place, open to coordinated activity in secret places, but I don't believe in conspiracy."
    Cornell West

"Universe rewards thinking. Everyone should try it for themselves at least once. Now would be a good time."
    Clif High

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoeNashville For This Post:

andywight (4th May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (4th May 2011), Lettherebelight (5th May 2011), Nasu (4th May 2011)

16. Link to Post #29
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 653 posts

Our biggest challenge is trying to figure out what's fake (false) and what's real (true). The news of bin Laden's alleged murder is just the latest example. The mainstream media is a showcase of fakery. Nearly everything we've been brainwashed to believe since childhood is propaganda. Is it any wonder that we are challenged to recognize a fake guru from a true teacher when our entire education is a fabrication?

Question everything and dismiss nothing. Under the circumstances, it is the only philosophy with half a chance of getting to the truth.

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Chicodoodoo For This Post:

andywight (4th May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (4th May 2011), dmarie (4th May 2011), Fred Steeves (5th May 2011), Herbert (5th May 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (11th May 2011), Isthatso (4th May 2011), Nasu (4th May 2011), noxon medem (7th May 2011), sandy (4th May 2011), Some Bloke (11th May 2011), T Smith (4th May 2011)

18. Link to Post #30
    Inelia

Thank you Andy for the thread link.

It would also be good to hear members experiences with fake spiritual organizations.
    I had an ex-girlfriend who was picked up by the Moonies, unfortunately for them! they shortly kicked her out for being too disruptive.
    Inelia, you were at one time a high ranking member of the Church of Scientology, would it be possible for you to share your experiences of that organization with us here? I'm sure it would be of great benefit to all members of this forum.
    To clarify, I was not high ranking at all. Just a lowly Auditor in training (only stuck around for about a year).

This little article reflects what I learned about cults:

Quote The Cult provides somewhere to belong. The most intelligent, the brightest, the most sensitive and kindest people feel left out of today’s society. It is hard for an above average woman, for example, to be satisfied with a mundane job, shopping for clothes and shoes and watching television every night. While her workmates and friends talk about the latest Desperate Housewives episode, or the latest diet fad. It is difficult for an above average man to feel satisfied with his daily work routine, sports, beer, poker nights and living the rat race. They watch as from a distance, joining in only superficially, and feeling alone and left out. Different.

Feeling different is one of the first things the cult will prey on. When someone feels different they want to fit in somewhere. They want to find a group which will make them feel at home, a group which will understand them and talk about things that matter.

Another thing the group will focus on is making the person feel validated, important, needed and indispensable. All of the sudden the person will feel that what they are doing matters. That what they are involved in will make a difference in the world, that it will possibly not only save them but save those dear to them and possibly the world.

The group will share a very important reality with the person. From being someone who was an outsider, finally here is a group that shares interests and a reality that the normal outsiders cannot see and cannot comprehend.

The group will also provide stability. Now there is a schedule, plan, timetable and common goal. The group will be strong and normally be led by a mother or father figure who will tell people what to do, will tell them they are valuable and will tell them he or she loves and appreciate them.

Another bait is Mystery. I write it with a capital M because it is not the type of mystery that will be revealed at the end of a novel, book or lecture. It is the type of Mystery which people will pay their entire fortunes to have revealed.

The Unknown, a Mystery of this magnitude is a sentient trap. Any sentient being will be trapped by a mystery they cannot fathom. A mystery that is created to be at the same level of intelligence and analytical power as the sentient being is as powerful as iron bars in keeping people from leaving the cult.

There is a saying that goes, “curiosity killed the cat”, this saying perfectly portrays how an intelligent being can be trapped and killed by something they feel curious about and the only things we feel curious about are the ones we are not familiar with, the things we don’t know, don’t understand or don’t see. The Mystery will only be revealed after years of loyal following, work and probably a lot of money. The nature of the Mystery is irrelevant at this point. The victim has invested so much of him or herself to find out what it is, that by the time it is revealed to him or her, it doesn't matter what it is. The person will either completely accept it as a huge and deep truth or will feel like a fool and leave the cult.

The promise of extraordinary abilities, powers, wisdom or knowledge is another trap the group will use. Suddenly the person is privy to teachings which are prohibited to the rest of humanity.

The group will also provide answers. They will have answers to most, if not all, of the questions the person will have about existence in this planet. They will provide answers to everyday problems such as lack of money, relationships, health issues, unhappiness and stress.

Fear is the way to keep the person involved even after their logical mind decides they have had enough. The person will be threatened that if they leave, no one will speak to them again. For long term cult members this will mean they will lose all of their friends and possibly their spouse and family. The person will also receive bigger threats, the most popular being that if they leave, they will suffer for all eternity. Particularly if the group is religious in nature, the fear of ending up in a hellish trap because the person left the only group that could provide salvation is a big weight to lift before breaking free.

These are the things cults use to lure and keep people in their ranks. The question is why do they do it? What’s in it for them? Cults are invariably led by one person. When that person dies, the cult is then led a group or individual who will speak on that person’s behalf. But why do they do it?

Money, power and sex are the main culprits.

If you have someone who is lost to a cult you must understand that this person feels great affection and loyalty to the cult. For them it is not a cult, it is Johnny, Mary, Stewart, Rob, it is their best friends, their spouse and children perhaps. Their leader will not be a cult leader, it will be David who values and teaches them. In other words, what for an outsider is a cult which is controlling the person, for that person it is an intimate group of friends and co-workers who know and understands him or her.

If you think you are immune to cults then think again. The cult will not approach you as a cult, it will be Michael next door, or Jenny from school, or perhaps an attractive and friendly person in your local mall offering a free service or book who approaches you.

They won’t ask for your savings or your time or sexual favors, they will offer solutions, friendship and common interests instead.

No one joins a cult to make the world a worse place to live in, or to make their leaders rich. You wouldn’t be joining one to do this either. Most of the cult members feverently believe in what they are doing. Once inside the cult, you would never think of yourself as someone who is going out there preying on innocent people to join your cult. You would be simply trying to share your new found happiness and teachings.

Beware of groups, religions and known cults. You do not need to belong to any type of ideological or religious group and belonging to one and this one turns out to be the wrong one for you, it will only make you feel better for a finite period of time. Sooner or later, you will feel isolated from that group too, but by then it will be very difficult to leave them. But it's best to leave them than staying.

If there is a group of people who you feel great affinity toward, approach with care and if they ever ask you for your savings or ask you to reach your credit card limit (to pay for a worthy cause), or if they ever tell you to cut communication with your family or friends (because they are a negative influence), or stop you from doing any activity which is not related to the group (because it's a waste of valuable time), ask yourself if perhaps you are in a cult and don't be ashamed to admit it if it turns out you are.

Inelia Benz
    When a person first begins in their spiritual journey they are like babes in the woods. They are pray to every cult, religion and con artist out there. From, so called, established religions which will take every cent the person owns, to the psychics who will charge them for cleaning up negative entities around them, to those who prey on the new simply to satisfy their egotistical need for worship and control.

What you can do to protect yourself is to develop a big sense of self trust. Your instinct will show you red flags when something is not right and the predators will try to undermine those red flags. It is essential that you develop a strong sense of inner guidance. Never hand over your wallet, credit card, soul or mind without retreating for at least week to think about it. If the person selling you their salvation tells you you cannot do that, that you have to make up your mind right away or forever loose your chance at salvation... RUN!!!!

This is very basic stuff. Taking the wrong guru, cult, religion, as your guide can set you back years.
    Last edited by Inelia; 4th May 2011 at 21:05.

19. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Inelia For This Post:

58andfixed (27th May 2011), andywight (5th May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (4th May 2011), dmarie (4th May 2011), fourty-two (6th June 2011), Fred Steeves (5th May 2011), HaveBlue (5th May 2011), hohoemi (4th May 2011), jjl (4th May 2011), Nasu (4th May 2011), noxon medem (7th May 2011), Shezbeth (5th May 2011), Some Bloke (11th May 2011), Yoda (5th May 2011)

20. Link to Post #31
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Inelia (here)

To clarify, I was not high ranking at all. Just a lowly Auditor in training (only stuck around for about a year).

Inelia, firstly thank you for your continued presence here and the grace you have shown under what must have been a very stressful time.

As you have posted on this subject I would like to ask you a few questions with no ill intention but simply as a means to understand who you are a little better.

You spoke of your short entry into the COS which I can understand completely, having been sucked into a similar set up several years ago, jehovas witnesses. It has taken me a long time to get this mind control completely out of my system but I was a lost soul and believed at the time it was 'all the answers I was looking for'. Indeed, I couldn't understand why my family were not as enthusiastic as I and would have thought it wonderful should one of them have joined me.

I did take along my two small girls to meetings, though fortunately they were too young to have been 'completely brought in' the way I was. I sussed the organization out 'relatively' quickly before any major damage was done to them. At the time though, it was a natural responce to involve them by a mother who had begun to think she had found all the answers and only wanted the best life possible for her children.

On your ex-scientology blog you have spoken about your own children becoming involved with the COS alongside you and wonder if this was a case like mine, where during your research into them, you may have thought it a good place for your children to learn and grow?

This may be a sore subject at the moment, but I only ask for the sake of greater clarity regarding your journey here to us at Avalon.

With my best intention
    Leelah

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donna O For This Post:

andywight (5th May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (4th May 2011)

22. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

OK

I just deleted this whole thing once. This tells me I needed to edit more carefully.

Don't we all have these moments of wanting someone to tell us the easy answer?

I am tired, as we all are. But don't we have to recognize we are the ones we are looking for (or am I getting the quote wrong?)

Gurus are so yesterday (or was I in the bathroom, as I often am?)

Time to take responsibility, better or worse. Clear path to enlightenment or disaster, or enlightenment and change.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moonwish For This Post:

24. Link to Post #33
    Botswana Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,208 times in 1,243 posts

To receive answers I have a meditation/trance relaxation I do. I have created a spirit room. This room is initally created in your mind.
    Close your eyes -

Create a beautiful room, what are the walls made of, the floor, the ceiling. Are there windows, what is outside the room. Furnish it as you wishmaking sure you have two comfortable chairs, pillows, whatever. After you have created the room that you love to be in, then invite your higher self/spirit whatever into the room. You then have the opportunity to ask questions, talk about things etc. Allow the higher self/spirit to answer you. It may take a few times till you can hear with open ears. A good temporary measure is to create two objects/symbols that create a yes/no answer. Then ask the question where the response can be a yes/no senario. See what symbol appears before.

When you have finished, thank you spirit/guide/higherself for the opportunity to speak with them. And seen them leave the room.
    Stay for a moment, soaking in the peace, tranquility, serenity then leave the room closing the door behind you. Open your eyes and continue on with your day.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loveandgratitude For This Post:

26. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

Whether we like it or not, we meet gurus all the time, wherever we go. We learn from nature, animals, our fellow humans, and those from higher dimensions as well.

If we keep our 'nectar detecter' switched on, we'll be in tune and 'catch the news' that we need to hear.

Strictly speaking, the word 'guru' in Sanskrit means 'heavy', referring to 'heavy with knowledge'.

So I guess a phoney guru would be someone who knowingly offers bogus info. I hope there aren't too many of those about! The reccommended way of
    finding out is to have an exchange of questions and answers.

To come across a 'Bonafide' (literally: in good faith, without pretense) Guru, according to the Vedas, is considered to be a great blessing.

Great thread, Andy, and thanks to everyone who has posted here...

May your 'nectar detecter' never fail you!
    Last edited by Lettherebelight; 4th May 2011 at 23:36.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

andywight (5th May 2011), Nasu (4th May 2011), sandy (6th May 2011)

28. Link to Post #35
    Inelia

Quote Posted by leelah (here)
    Quote Posted by Inelia (here)

Inelia, firstly thank you for your continued presence here and the grace you have shown under what must have been a very stressful time.

As you have posted on this subject I would like to ask you a few questions with no ill intention but simply as a means to understand who you are a little better.

You spoke of your short entry into the COS which I can understand completely, having been sucked into a similar set up several years ago, jehovas witnesses. It has taken me a long time to get this mind control completely out of my system but I was a lost soul and believed at the time it was 'all the answers I was looking for'. Indeed, I couldn't understand why my family were not as enthusiastic as I and would have thought it wonderful should one of them have joined me.

I did take along my two small girls to meetings, though fortunately they were too young to have been 'completely brought in' the way I was. I sussed the organization out 'relatively' quickly before any major damage was done to them. At the time though, it was a natural responce to involve them by a mother who had begun to think she had found all the answers and only wanted the best life possible for her children.

On your ex-scientology blog you have spoken about your own children becoming involved with the COS alongside you and wonder if this was a case like mine, where during your research into them, you may have thought it a good place for your children to learn and grow?

This may be a sore subject at the moment, but I only ask for the sake of greater clarity regarding your journey here to us at Avalon.

With my best intention
    Leelah
    Hi Leelah,

This is a GREAT question. My personal learning of the way in which cults operate was very close and personal (most of my learning has been close and personal - jump in first, then ask questions later). The first few weeks I was there, it was all very nice as new recruits are not shown the "dark side". It was during the first or second week that my daughter arrived, and I introduced her to the cult. We talked about this later on, and saw how they operated at this level too. Basically, as soon as they heard that she had arrived in the city, they told me to bring her in so she could meet everyone... before the day had ended they had signed her up for staff.

By the time my son arrived, my daughter and I already knew there was something very wrong with this organisation. With my son, it was literally the pan or the fire, with regard him going to the local school or into the cult.

Although it sounds odd, both my kids benefited from the experience. It strengthened their resolve, personalities and made them fearless. One has to become fearless toward all the life threats they throw at families when they leave.

My son did decide to stay longer, which he did. But eventually, he also left. Throughout his stay (when my daughter and I were no longer there), they tried to split us up. They tried to make him disconnect with us and also write up bad things about us (a copy of which - handwritten by my son - would be duly sent to me).

Did I make a mistake bringing my kids in? Would I do it again? The answer is I had NO IDEA how dangerous or horrific this cult was when I went in. I saw they had something, I really, really wanted to believe they were for real, but soon found out they were not.

When I found out they were "dark", I went as deep as I could to see what they were using in order to trap and enslave lightworkers. What I learned I used to help free my kids with. If I had known the danger, I would not have taken them in. At the same time, I knew that my kids were not in real danger because they are highly intelligent, discerning and intuitive. Even when my son at 16 decided he would not leave with me, but stay with the cult, I knew that he would leave soon. And as soon as he saw the dark side, he did leave. They don't show it until they think they have you in their grasp.

My daughter was already 18 when she joined, and my son was 15.

After that, our personal experiences and anonymous work as a family have helped many other members leave, as well as old members be able to start processing their fear and speak out against this government backed lightworker trap.

For me personally, it gave me a real sense of what is happening on a world wide scale, and how the "technology" developed by the members of the early Scientology group (pre 60s), has been revamped to enslave rather than liberate.

There's a great interview that Bill and Kerry did with a scientologist, that does shed light into a lot of what happened in that organisation. Like any testimony, it is not all that happened, but it is the piece they experienced themselves, as well as their personal interpretation (which I agree with for the most part):

http://www.projectcamelot.org/dane_tops.html
    Last edited by Inelia; 4th May 2011 at 23:49.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Inelia For This Post:

58andfixed (27th May 2011), Fred Steeves (5th May 2011), Nasu (4th May 2011), norman (5th May 2011), TraineeHuman (25th May 2011), Yoda (5th May 2011)

30. Link to Post #36
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Thank you Inelia. Life here is a difficult thing. I can see how the Hubbard technology makes sense in the right hands with the right intentions; one could easily be drawn in by that initially. Unfortunately the COS is about as far removed from that as one can get. However, we cannot really know what we are talking about until we have experienced it for ourselves, and we can only truly help someone recover from dealing with such a cult if we have been deep into the system of it.

The truly dangerous ‘Gurus’ are those organizations that entrap a soul whom genuinely wants to change 3D life into one full of meaning and purpose. Thus go many valuable light workers. It’s easy to see what these cults’ intentions are, apart from money, they need to control those of us who can see society for what it is and may otherwise be making trouble for TPTB. In fact, look deep enough and you will follow the trail back to TPTB every time. I have seen this also with the Jehovahs Witnesses.

My children are also better armed on their spiritual journey, even though their involvement was brief. There is a lot of rehabilitation work to be done for the many vulnerable people who have managed to escape.
    Last edited by Donna O; 5th May 2011 at 07:57.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donna O For This Post:

Fred Steeves (5th May 2011), Nasu (5th May 2011)

32. Link to Post #37
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Here's my general take on gurus. Say for instance my next door neighbor was a guy named Yeshua, that would be awesome. I would always be fermenting new insights or questions to run by him next time we talk, but I certainly wouldn't have the urge to follow him around, I'd feel like a stalker. More importantly, I think it would be more like a continuing conversation rather than question and answer. I would mull over things he told me, see how it felt, validate it with my own observations and experience, and go from there next time.

Even before that level of trust was gained, I would have observed how he lives his life, treats people, etc. The old tried and true by their fruits you will know them.

Cheers,
    Fred S.

33. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

People become important when we give them their importance.
    A guru is a Guru because people have given him/her that status.
    We are always judging a person by his actions, so a Guru is supposed to be this kind of saint, but he's a human being with flaws....
    ANd because we put the Guru above of ourselves, we give him more power, than we have,
    so we expect him to be the reflection of perfection!

Quote Posted by lovenadgratitude
    To be honest I have never been big on Guru's as I have always had my inner Masters and do not have to search on the outer.
    Yes, we are looking for answers outside of us, but they are inside us! A Guru for me is someone, who can maybe teach me some spiritual lessons, that can help me find my own way, alone.

Quote Posted by perfectresonance
    Serious now: One thing I have noticed is that even the fake ones can be of benefit to someone. Fake ones don't have to be bad people.

I've seen people carrying tremendous pain going to a "medium" to be told that their beloved passed on relative/friend has forgiven them, and not to worry, and live life without the burden of guilt, etc... and these people come out feeling better.

$80 well spent in that case, fake or not.

I see the purpose of churches in a very similar way. They provide more of a support network of people rather than real spiritual help.
    I see things the same way. Some really corny self help books written by new age guru millionaires, helped me change some aspects of my life, when I was totally miserable!

The real problem would have to be my attitude. If I become dependant on that author, and follow him in expensive seminars around the world...
    Last edited by luciole; 5th May 2011 at 12:19. Reason: fixing quotes

34. The Following User Says Thank You to luciole For This Post:

Some Bloke (11th May 2011)

35. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Exactly right. People tie up their self identity with gurus and the guru allow it-- which is really very disempowering for all involved. It would be very tiring for someone who is coming from the right place to be responsible for all those IDs, for a guru.... the ego enjoys it I suppose. People who guru identify are lent a false sense of importance merely by association. No real empowerment. Gurus are interested in LOTs of individuals, but not on an individual level.

A teacher is usually teaching something academic and less Self related.

Being enabled of an ability doesn't mean you are connected. Abilities are just facets of ourselves that we've uncovered and polished whether it happened by design or accident. Enabled people can be as ego and consciousness dense as anyone else. A lot of Self expressive people lose interest in their abilities . Not that they disappear but they become more meaningless.

Spiritual mentor show they don't teach. They don't have to teach, all is shown because they have two things that most people haven't' claimed yet, including most of our 'spiritual' authorities.

That is SELF Authority, and SELF expression. That's what connects one to others --SELF expression connects to other SELFS. There is a marked difference in a SELF expressive person, they don't need anything but their SELF expression. Precision thought and bearing. The SELF is very precise. SELF-assured.

Its easy to spot folks who lack self authority and self expression.

The SELF though always has it say. ALWAYS. DEPENDABLY. When you watch a teacher imposing consciousness related content on their audience the SELF brings bearing to the consciousness and begins to express itself too. Because they speak virtually two different languages, the teacher always ends with a sort of mixed bag content that opposes itself, because its composed of consciously derived content, and the SELF manages to work itself in there. A mix of truth and non truth.... SELF expressed people notice this right off the bat because it sounds like gobbedly gook...lol. Then the guru has to spend a lot of time substantiating their content instead of seeing the message in there.

Self Expressive mentors, they don't teach, its not necessary to teach, they spark SElf Realization in person, who is shown for themselves. Teachers have to bend over backwards to make you find the truth substantiating everything. A SELF expressive speaks the truth, because the SELF Is our truth. Precision speech and bearing, they don't have to substantiate, and they aren't swarmed over by questions that are irrelevant to the subject matter.

The truth is SELF evident.

There's a reason our ancient cultures put such value on oral traditions. SELF Expression.

Quote Posted by luciole (here)
    People become important when we give them their importance.
    A guru is a Guru because people have given him/her that status.
    We are always judging a person by his actions, so a Guru is supposed to be this kind of saint, but he's a human being with flaws....
    ANd because we put the Guru above of ourselves, we give him more power, than we have,
    so we expect him to be the reflection of perfection!

Quote Posted by lovenadgratitude
    To be honest I have never been big on Guru's as I have always had my inner Masters and do not have to search on the outer.
    Yes, we are looking for answers outside of us, but they are inside us! A Guru for me is someone, who can maybe teach me some spiritual lessons, that can help me find my own way, alone.

Quote Posted by perfectresonance
    Serious now: One thing I have noticed is that even the fake ones can be of benefit to someone. Fake ones don't have to be bad people.

I've seen people carrying tremendous pain going to a "medium" to be told that their beloved passed on relative/friend has forgiven them, and not to worry, and live life without the burden of guilt, etc... and these people come out feeling better.

$80 well spent in that case, fake or not.

I see the purpose of churches in a very similar way. They provide more of a support network of people rather than real spiritual help.
    I see things the same way. Some really corny self help books written by new age guru millionaires, helped me change some aspects of my life, when I was totally miserable!

The real problem would have to be my attitude. If I become dependant on that author, and follow him in expensive seminars around the world...

36. Link to Post #40
    New Zealand Avalon Member HaveBlue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 times in 346 posts

Thanks for your posts everyone. Why would you go in search of a 'guru' in the first place. Inelia is so right when she says most of her learning has come from within. So has mine.

Maybe it's a case of the fool and his money are soon parted. If you put it out there that you are looking for something, there will be no shortage of offers. For a small fee of course. The universe teaches you.

Ultimately you should get to --Oh no, I was fake for even looking outside myself. the answer lies within. It is true folks so don't be lazy and ask others to do your work for you. Another one for JC. (I'm christ concious but don't call myself a christian as such. It is possible I might BE one without knowing!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast