+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scanner vs patdown

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Linden's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Scanner vs patdown

I am needing to fly next month and was just wondering what choice the Avalon forum members make when they fly, scanner or patdown? I know some people have to fly all of the time, and I wonder about their concerns with radiation from the scanner. I was seeing reactions from fliers, men, women, and children, who have gone through a humiliating patdown after refusing the scanner. I am trying to decide if I can disconnect myself from my body enough to allow for the patdown because I really don't want to go through the scanner. I am very interested in your thoughts and opinions about this.
    Enlightenment is the "quiet acceptance of what is" I believe the truly enlightened beings are those who refuse to allow themselves to be distressed over things that simply are the way they are. - Wayne Dyer

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

Default Re: Scanner vs patdown

I'm flying too this summer, Linden. They caught me a couple of years ago in Detroit with the scanner. It was so new, I didn't even know what it was. I didn't like it then, and when I found out more about how it scans through your clothes, I liked it even less.

For me, I'll take the pat down any day over the scanner, as I have heard there could be health risks as well as having to be viewed naked. This is such a huge violation of basic human core values and dignity. If anything reduces us to unfeeling robots, this is it. I think everyone should refuse them, then they'll be forced to see what a big waste of money the scanners were.

At least a pat down is human contact. Speaking as a massage therapist, being patted around my limbs and torso is much more acceptable than being disrobed.

Have a nice trip!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Linden (7th May 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

I would allow them to digitize my posterior end before submitting to the massive radiation.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

Linden (7th May 2011)

6. Link to Post #4
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Linden (here)
    I am needing to fly next month and was just wondering what choice the Avalon forum members make when they fly, scanner or patdown? I know some people have to fly all of the time, and I wonder about their concerns with radiation from the scanner. I was seeing reactions from fliers, men, women, and children, who have gone through a humiliating patdown after refusing the scanner. I am trying to decide if I can disconnect myself from my body enough to allow for the patdown because I really don't want to go through the scanner. I am very interested in your thoughts and opinions about this.
    Did you read all the info we have on the other thread about the tsa?

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Linden's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    I did do a search before I started the thread, and the only thing I came up with was a business that refused service to the TSA. Are there others???

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    I would allow them to digitize my posterior end before submitting to the massive radiation.
    That made me laugh...
    Enlightenment is the "quiet acceptance of what is" I believe the truly enlightened beings are those who refuse to allow themselves to be distressed over things that simply are the way they are. - Wayne Dyer

8. Link to Post #6
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    I did do a search before I started the thread, and the only thing I came up with was a business that refused service to the TSA. Are there others???[COLOR="red"]
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ormer-Miss-USA
    Check that one out.

+ Reply to Thread