Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Membership on the forum

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Default Re: Membership on the forum

Quote Posted by starsmoonmtns (here)
    Quote Posted by Seikou-Kishi (here)
    I am sick to the back teeth of the petulant complaints about members leaving, being banned or suspended from the forum. This forum's moderators and administrators have a heavy duty upon them to ensure that the forum is a healthy and focused place in which to discuss its very important topics — if that means they lose your favour, so be it; they have greater considerations.

You're all so quick to say how awful the 'censorship' is here at Avalon as soon as somebody objects to the way in which you tear it down in your posts, but Avalon is, as has so often been mentioned, not a free house or a free-for-all. This is Bill's forum and we are here in his house to share our experiences and our thoughts. If you do not like Bill or his house rules, stop bitching about them both and leave.

I can say it not more directly: if you dislike how Avalon is run, leave.

It really should show you that there is no censorship here at Avalon when you can berate it endlessly and with impunity. If you still think there's censorship here, though, you owe it to yourself to leave, and you owe it to us to leave us in peace.
    I have never said anything about censorship, IMHO this entire thread should never have been produced.... move on if that's how you feel.
    I have not pointed fingers at particular people in my post, so if you feel you have been unfairly marked out you must have misunderstood. Indeed, your entire post demonstrates a regrettable lack of perspicacity. "Move on if that's how you feel". Your point has already been dealt with. I can only assume you haven't read the thread or you would have seen that it has been dealt with not once already but twice.

Edit:

To all:

If my first post in this thread seems confrontational I must apologise. It is not my purpose to cause disharmony and I regret any that might arise as a result of my post. I am not here to make enemies, and no matter how heated our discussions may get I will never consider any of you to be my enemies. No resolution to this conflict would please me more than for those who feel there is too much censorship here at Avalon to take a moment to reflect and realise that their judgements may have been erroneous and to quietly move on (with us, if they feel able).

I hope we at Avalon never see the day in which people are so entrenched in an argument that they cannot rationally evaluate another's opinion. I hope that people do not feel a need to argue their side simply because it is there side, or to fight their corner because they feel they've been pushed into it. So I'd say to all who believe we have no freedom of speech or opinion here: is that what you truly believe? Do you really believe that the moderators do not have a duty to maintain the quality here and to modify certain posts or to ask them to be modified?

None of us is perfect. We can all sometimes behave in ways which at other times we might be ashamed of. Let's not give these small things greater prominence than they deserve. Let's not, when we argue, become intractable.
    Last edited by Seikou-Kishi; 9th May 2011 at 18:13.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

777 (10th May 2011), Calz (10th May 2011), Lord Sidious (9th May 2011), Mad Hatter (9th May 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ammit (here)
    Oh what a rant that was...

I see it as people sorry to see friends leave here for whatever reasons, and those reasons are their personal reasons. If I see a thread that I am bored of seeing or have no interest in, I DO NOT READ IT, simple.

I can say it not more directly: if you dislike certain threads, then DO NOT READ THEM.
    Or maybe they should have never been written... keep it to yourself is one suggestion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to starsmoonmtns For This Post:

magicmanx (11th May 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I am sick to the back teeth of the petulant complaints about members leaving, being banned or suspended from the forum. This forum's moderators and administrators have a heavy duty upon them to ensure that the forum is a healthy and focused place in which to discuss its very important topics — if that means they lose your favour, so be it; they have greater considerations.

You're all so quick to say how awful the 'censorship' is here at Avalon as soon as somebody objects to the way in which you tear it down in your posts, but Avalon is, as has so often been mentioned, not a free house or a free-for-all. This is Bill's forum and we are here in his house to share our experiences and our thoughts. If you do not like Bill or his house rules, stop bitching about them both and leave.

It really should show you that there is no censorship here at Avalon when you can berate it endlessly and with impunity. If you still think there's censorship here, though, you owe it to yourself to leave, and you owe it to us to leave us in peace.
    I have never said anything about censorship, IMHO this entire thread should never have been produced.... move on if that's how you feel.
    I have not pointed fingers at particular people in my post, so if you feel you have been unfairly marked out you must have misunderstood. Indeed, your entire post demonstrates a regrettable lack of perspicacity. "Move on if that's how you feel". Your point has already been dealt with. I can only assume you haven't read the thread or you would have seen that it has been dealt with not once already but twice.
    You keep saying 'move on if u don't like it' but your still here.....
    WTF?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to starsmoonmtns For This Post:

sandy (9th May 2011)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

You keep saying 'move on if u don't like it' but your still here.....
    WTF?
    You know, I really couldn't appreciate your point until you made it so coarsely.
    It is one thing to say "if you do not like this place, move on" and quite another to say "if you do not like how some people treat this place, move on."
    Last edited by Seikou-Kishi; 9th May 2011 at 18:15.

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

In case anyone is looking for an alternative i suggest you take a visit to godlikeproductions forum and indulge yourself in a government controlled and sponsered free for all where all and any bit of vital information is drowned out from view by the incessant and tumultuous ramblings of tens if not hundreds of paid agents who wish to do no more then control the flow of information through chaos, anarchy and intimidation.

9. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,354 times in 4,612 posts

This forum or another forum, which part of substantial reality of who you are does it change , does it make you feel better to be here ?
    Does it bind you to follow anybodies elses rules than your own ?

I mean, it should not and if it does it's not the right place ..but there are thousand other ways to go ..

and unless you walked one of them to be able to make your own judgement,
    this internet forum or any other won't help you to grow up to sovereign being.

Internet seminars, universities and lecturing are advanced way how to share information with global community

but no, sorry, they can't mature anyone in real terms .

It became another good excuse of annonymous ignorance and pretence of not only the 'PTB' but the masses following them,
    creating an illusion of truth and freedom. We can live an utopia here one way or another ,
    yet , how does it change your everyday life , who really cares about who you are and what you need .

I've seen people being excited here about the illusion of freedom we seem to enjoy here ..

But who really, is granting you the privillage of freedom and opinion , would you lose it if one of us is losing .

You shouldn't. This world can't ever stand on makings of one man.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Belle (9th May 2011), Calz (10th May 2011), ktlight (9th May 2011), Lord Sidious (9th May 2011), sandy (9th May 2011), Whitehaze (9th May 2011)

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

Quote Posted by Ammit (here)
    Oh what a rant that was...

I see it as people sorry to see friends leave here for whatever reasons, and those reasons are their personal reasons. If I see a thread that I am bored of seeing or have no interest in, I DO NOT READ IT, simple.

I can say it not more directly: if you dislike certain threads, then DO NOT READ THEM.
    Mostly we do that. I even be affected by writer not only thread name tag

12. Link to Post #28
    Ilie Pandia

----

*admin-notice* All off-topic post have been moved here

On this thread please continue the discussion originally started by Seikou-Kishi.

Last edited by Ilie Pandia; 9th May 2011 at 23:51.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Agape (9th May 2011), Amer (9th May 2011), edina (17th May 2011), EsmaEverheart (10th May 2011), Flash (10th May 2011), Lord Sidious (10th May 2011), loveandgratitude (9th May 2011), Meadowlark (10th May 2011), seko (10th May 2011), ThePythonicCow (10th May 2011)

14. Link to Post #29
    Canada Avalon Retired Member Karma Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it is important to acknowledge the 'battle cries' of the people who are leaving this forum. I wish the animosity towards Bill and our moderators was not so venomous sometimes but the more venomous the more I understand the decisions.

There is something there for us to learn from. Either we can reflect on why these people are leaving and accept the decisions behind it or move on from it while learning what ails us. If one leaves it can strengthen the whole or it can weaken us. What remains will always be what was meant to be. I miss the thoughts being shared from some former members but they are no longer here so I accept their absence and hope another will fill the void.

Peace!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karma Ninja For This Post:

Calz (10th May 2011), Lord Sidious (10th May 2011)

16. Link to Post #30
    Botswana Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,208 times in 1,243 posts

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)

Do not most of us keep returning here in all colors, shapes, sizes and genders?

Offered with humility in hopes of peace between us all

band together - Name:  musik29.gif
Views: 208
Size:  4.3 KBName:  460.gif
Views: 212
Size:  1.4 KBName:  musik17.gif
Views: 202
Size:  2.0 KB

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to loveandgratitude For This Post:

Calz (10th May 2011), Davidallany (10th May 2011), jelleng (10th May 2011), Lord Sidious (10th May 2011)

18. Link to Post #31
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

When we create threads we must take care that we are acting out of love and concern for all. Whatever energy and thought we put in our intentions tend to create it's own momentum. The seed will show it's form as a tree and fruits. Sweet or bitter. All that matter is the thought and the intention it's generating.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

Calz (10th May 2011), Flash (10th May 2011), Lord Sidious (10th May 2011), NinJin (10th May 2011), yaksuit (10th May 2011)

20. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hello All, This will be the 1st & last time anyone sees me reply to this "subject" on anyone's threads of the same "subject" as I find the discussion of it a complete waste of energy that could be used for so much more (like helping others).

Before anyone points this out, Yes, I am spending energy with great hesitation in preparing this response because I feel this "subject" has been brought up in too many threads, too many times that I'm compelled to speak my peace here once & for all.

I like Bill & have much respect for him & everything that he, Kerry, & everyone else has done on our behalf over all the years to provide a point in space-time where like-minded beings may gather, meet, & discuss information in order to help us all learn more of the truth & grow as individuals.

It has been argued many times that this is Bill's place & if you don't like it or his rules or what the moderators are doing that you are free to leave as a choice.
    It has also been pointed out many times by many members of the on-going trend of arguing & disputes that appear in threads causing a sense of fighting between members (what I would certainly call heated-discussions).

In the words of Rodney King - "Can't we all just get along"
    Out of respect for everyone, if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it at all"
    Constructive criticism & honest level-headed discussion &/or debate is one thing
    (I support it, I welcome it), but that's not what we've been seeing on the forum lately.

It's been said: If we, the members on Avalon (& other like forums) can't get along & show a real, honest presence of good-intent & strong support of a better future for everyone through example then how can we expect everyone else that does not support a brighter future to take anything that goes on here seriously.

I want a better future for everyone, I'm willing to sacrifice everything I am to see it through & I know there are others here that feel the same way.

Please, Let's stop creating all these new threads about the same subject & if you still wish to voice an opinion on it then post to an existing thread for it.

With the timelines we are seeing & the fact that time itself seems to be compressing (although an illusion), there's too much information that can help everyone prepare that's needed to be posted instead of more threads on this -IMHO
    Thanks for reading/listening & as I've said before, Let the Healing begin ..

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NinJin For This Post:

Amenjo (10th May 2011), Calz (10th May 2011), Davidallany (10th May 2011), starsmoonmtns (10th May 2011)

22. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Hello All, This will be the 1st & last time anyone sees me reply to this "subject" on anyone's threads of the same "subject" as I find the discussion of it a complete waste of energy that could be used for so much more (like helping others).

Before anyone points this out, Yes, I am spending energy with great hesitation in preparing this response because I feel this "subject" has been brought up in too many threads, too many times that I'm compelled to speak my peace here once & for all.

I like Bill & have much respect for him & everything that he, Kerry, & everyone else has done on our behalf over all the years to provide a point in space-time where like-minded beings may gather, meet, & discuss information in order to help us all learn more of the truth & grow as individuals.

It has been argued many times that this is Bill's place & if you don't like it or his rules or what the moderators are doing that you are free to leave as a choice.
    It has also been pointed out many times by many members of the on-going trend of arguing & disputes that appear in threads causing a sense of fighting between members (what I would certainly call heated-discussions).

In the words of Rodney King - "Can't we all just get along"
    Out of respect for everyone, if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it at all"
    Constructive criticism & honest level-headed discussion &/or debate is one thing
    (I support it, I welcome it), but that's not what we've been seeing on the forum lately.

It's been said: If we, the members on Avalon (& other like forums) can't get along & show a real, honest presence of good-intent & strong support of a better future for everyone through example then how can we expect everyone else that does not support a brighter future to take anything that goes on here seriously.

I want a better future for everyone, I'm willing to sacrifice everything I am to see it through & I know there are others here that feel the same way.

Please, Let's stop creating all these new threads about the same subject & if you still wish to voice an opinion on it then post to an existing thread for it.

With the timelines we are seeing & the fact that time itself seems to be compressing (although an illusion), there's too much information that can help everyone prepare that's needed to be posted instead of more threads on this -IMHO
    Thanks for reading/listening & as I've said before, Let the Healing begin ..
    I agree. 100%, and thank you for the energy NinJin, May the force be with you.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

Calz (10th May 2011)

24. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,354 times in 4,612 posts

Internet can be such a spoil killer in many ways and the only and main thing to blame is people's dishonesty .

Internet despite all it's wonderful database of information and connectivity is also total waste of time and money for one simple reason
    and that is people's disability to speak truth .

You hear me well and I know what I mean .

I did not ever face this problem in my life except perhaps when I was kid and bullied by the school system and other stupids I could not defend myself from .

Since then I walked long way across cultures , mountains , different type of schooling , out to the Space and back .
    From that time when I set on the path I'd not attend the type of group activities that I never wanted to take part in ,
    forcing you to adapt , adjust , follow , without any interest of who you really are .

I'm allergic to it . Blame some of my life memories ..

In real life , no matter what is the topic of discussion ,
    it takes few minutes to recognise who the other is about ( to me usually ).
    It takes few hours maximally , or maybe few days to find out whether these two people can have sort of fruitful , intelligent , insightful relationship , communique , work together or not .

What you have on the Internet ...

people hiding behind their alter egos , life roles and avatars .
    It's so easy to tell lies here with straight face as I've seen this to happen many times and basically , in most cases you have no ways to disprove the person unless you're FBI even if you perfectly know he does not speak truth .
    It maybe not be straight lie , it's mostly half-truths with those who create sort of huge image , an aura of importance around them .

Truth itself may not create rainbows as far as I know, truth can be as simple as the homeless dying in the street , shivering from cold in the dark corner .

People are brought up in comfy systems of little and big lies in 'these parts of the world' , they are taught competition , cunningness , cleverness .

Their god seems to be their skills and how much money it makes because money is freedom .

This is the problem I'm facing and I conclude , many others as well .

There's an old Buddhist saying on the values of absolute and relative truths .

The ordinary everyday truth you either follow , speak or not , live or not is like a cup .
    The higher truth , on universe , meaning of life and what's beyond our individual struggle is like the liquid , the content .
    True, the content is more substantial than the cup .

But if the cup is cracking it can't hold the tea , and so also those who's character and mind is not purified .

You don't need methods and Scientology or any other sort of mysticism do that for you.

Just start speaking truth and living it on every possible level of your life . You will see what's to be 'clear' then .

Till people are not able to speak truth hence also trust each other ,

Internet is a waste of time , mostly .

I'm the example of what I'm saying . I had no I intentions to be on internet just for the funs sake of it , I did not exactly miss access to information or people to call friends .
    I had to take this path to find others because the problematics concerning ET life is so very specific .

But it takes ages to communicate a message , the meaning of it here ,
    not because I'd be so incapable but because some are not able to think , others who expect me to be someone else than I'm saying
    and majority who prefers not to understand .

I feel sorry for all these people , myself included of course . I'm not a saint . But I know myself better and I did not come for a chat here ,

though that's what I'm doing now probably ..

I don't mean bad but I see the major fault with sites, testimonies and witnesses as much as all the ordinary Joes not adhering to truth .

It's harming the cause . Its harming our hearts and minds and everything .

I wish this is the last time I repeat it but I've offered the truth here to you , Bill and everyone else with keen interest in what the truth is .

I can't complain of any bad responses or harmful reactions , whatever has happened here ..in the Internet world ..

it did not touch your reality though . There seem to be thousands of good hearted folks here but not one with an idea and knowledge and straight practical take on life .

We all can handle interneting but is that all we are capable of .

And the whole mistrust and prejudice , can anyone kindly speak straight on this all ?

Sure I'm sentient , sensitive being but I do not tolerate emotional , practical or other sort of lies in my life .

I am not a photocopy of anyone you know .

I'm not who you think I'm most probably and do you know yourself well enough to face what I had to face ?

It's probably all but academical debate and if so it belongs to the entertainment category more than the truth one .

I have seen some of chat level behind the forum being extremely low .

Heights and lows we all have ..that's for sure ..

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Calz (10th May 2011), Flash (11th May 2011), Gajanana (10th May 2011), starsmoonmtns (10th May 2011), zenith (10th May 2011)

26. Link to Post #35
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 times in 343 posts

Please , If i might say something as a fairly new member.
    It makes my heart sag a little to see all the animosity lately.
    I have so enjoyed listening to and learning from some of the most forward thinking, inteligent, open minded, soul searching, loving and caring bunch of individuals all of them in the same community. All of whom have oodles more wisdom about the pit falls of the journey were all on, and which fork in the road to take. All this wisdom comes from years of experience talking and debating with like minded people in some kind of forum. Along with all ths wisdom comes teaching abilities whether you know you have them or not. Well, I,m here to tell you members that I can not find the words to convey to all my new friends just how much I have learnt from just reading what you guys post. The best I have ever came across.
    Sorry, of being so sappy.
    I can,t help it. I,m just a lot happier and much more knowlegable about my journey since I found this community.
    Thank-you Avalon members past and present for all you have taught this old soul. (fool etc.).
    Looking forward to learning much more.

Toothpick

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toothpick For This Post:

Calz (10th May 2011), Lord Sidious (10th May 2011), Omni (10th May 2011)

28. Link to Post #36
    TimelessDimensions

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by TimelessDimensions (here)
    I love walking in the forest,
    I've never seen any "moderators" in nature
    Depends which forest!

In the famous and unique Masai Mara in Kenya, the entry fee is $70 per person plus more for the vehicle. I've been there many times, and the cost is worth every penny.

There are some places where you can watch the hippos and crocs at extremely close hand - and there's a game ranger standing by (discreetly) with a very large gun.

In the California Park Service, in equally unique, delicate, and staggeringly beautiful habitats like Yosemite and Tuolumne, permits are required to limit the numbers of hikers so that the human impact is controlled. I'm delighted they do this.

For those of you in Australia, ask the Aboriginal Elders what damage the white men create when they permit themselves to do whatever they wish.

Planet Earth has been trashed by humans doing what they want and taking what they want without any regard for others.

This forum should be a reflection of the human race at its finest: not a reflection of the human race at its worst.

Yes I also agree with the idea of man as a protector of nature,
    but do the rangers stop the animals from playing, mating, dueling, and eating each other?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to TimelessDimensions For This Post:

starsmoonmtns (10th May 2011)

30. Link to Post #37
    TimelessDimensions

Quote Posted by toothpick (here)
    Did you ever learn anything from someone who agrees with you all the time?

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TimelessDimensions For This Post:

Calz (10th May 2011), Gone001 (11th May 2011), Lord Sidious (10th May 2011), starsmoonmtns (10th May 2011), yaksuit (10th May 2011)

32. Link to Post #38
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by toothpick (here)
    Did you ever learn anything from someone who agrees with you all the time?
    Interesting, feels like deja vu.

33. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,391 times in 32,916 posts

Yes I also agree with the idea of man as a protector of nature,
    but do the rangers stop the animals from playing, mating, dueling, and eating each other?
    Not at all (usually)!

It's people that are the problem, because people do not always regulate themselves.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Davidallany (10th May 2011), Flash (11th May 2011), Highwhistler (11th May 2011), Nortreb (10th May 2011), starsmoonmtns (10th May 2011)

35. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

We are fortunate to be accepted to be part of the Avalon community, I meditate before posting anything, to make sure that what I post is positive and nurturing to the community, it's the least way in which to thank Bill for his tremendous efforts in building this warm shelter. We can act from the heart, we can act from Intelligence or we can act from the ego. Unchecked ego can cause problems.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

Lord Sidious (11th May 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast