+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Ordained Spirituality

1. Link to Post #41
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: Ordained Spirituality

Hi Ace,

My first miracle! I sent the blessing before you asked me to!

I shouldn't use the name of Avalon as I wouldn't want anyone think I'm jumping on the success of the forum. Nor Merlin, or anything to do with King Arthur as people might think I have something to do with the Camelot Castle hotel in Cornwall - you see, Camelot does exist! I wouldn't want anybody to think I'm making cheap advertising, just yet.

But it does seem that Gurus and the like do have a pen name so I really need to find one.

I'll need to read a few books on the subject which I intend to minister first of course, then go back to my manager training course of how to make people feel good (Mazlow's good for that, so I suppose that's in the bag already).

Oh, there is so much to do...

Best regards,

Steve
    Quote Posted by ace (here)
    Hi Steve
    I was mulling over a few names for you.

The wizard of Avalon.

Minister Merlin.

ohh I Don't know its all Hocus Pocus to me.

Ps Could you send me a blessing Oh Enlightened one!!
    Regards to you and your flock...
    Ace

2. Link to Post #42
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

Quote Posted by steve_a (here)
    Hi Everybody,

I've just been ordained as a Minister. I thought I'd share that with you all. I only ever give out personal details of myself from time to time in the forum and this is one of the times.

I was ordained at the Universal Life Church and with the assistance of the internet and $32.00 I can now marry people (I think I read somewhere that someone was engaged $$$) and can set up my own church! Of course that costs extra, but hey, the Lord works in mysterious ways. Right?

If you want to become a Minister of the Universal Life Church, just Google "UniversalLife Church" and the site will show you how.

Best regards,

Steve
    Steve,

You were taken. I paid only $5 back in the '70s for mine from the ULC. I've never performed a marriage though.

Lost Soul

3. Link to Post #43
    Australia Avalon Member Roseheart's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Steve,

Another miracle! I was already on the bicycle when I read your post! It's all falling into divine alignment!
    Could we incorporate bicycles into our worship? Some sort of ritual journey we take perhaps...?
    That would solve the whole what to wear dilemma - we're all in skin tight lycra! Fluoro! With helmets!
    Last edited by Roseheart; 11th May 2011 at 06:56.

4. Link to Post #44
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

The advantages of becoming ordained are reduced as the IRS increasingly scrutinizes churches (or 501c(3). We can't have a Church of St. Gallo and spend mass drinking wine or beer en masse. I think most folks call it a bar.

5. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

well if drinking wine without guilt is involved ....................I might consider joining you............................ after blessing it with love of course

and goodwill to all humankind

My congratulations on your new vocation

much love x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sheddie For This Post:

starsmoonmtns (11th May 2011)

7. Link to Post #46
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Roseheart,

Miracles happen in the most likely places. Yesterday I was picturing you in Lycra! Just saying.

I've decided to go the spiritual way as I've discovered it's so much easier! You know me, if there's a simpler way to do it...

There's a book out, "Spirituality for Dummies" which not only shows you what to do, it explains it simply, so simply in fact even a child could do it. I'd post the link but I don't want to be seen to be taking advantage of the forum guiding people, however if people using their own free will they could Google the title of the book. Of course I won't buy the book as the site in question is giving free snippets of each chapter and so I'll just join the dots (another childs activity) and piece it all together, like a jigsaw later. The book is written by Sharon Janis, not exactly the hottest babe on the planet, but she gets the job done and unlike other Gurus, she does actually have real experience! My work will be cut out against her! More about Sharon: https://youtube.com/watch?v=HdO46ybmceE

I also read the "Idiots Gide to Spirituality" at this link: http://www.baliadvertiser.biz/articl...03/idiots.html

It's free and easy to read. I reckon once I get these two things under my belt I can start out and look for my first venue on an ad-hoc basis of course. Let's see what happens. So far I've still only invested $32.00 in my venture, and have one follower - my dog and after your and my bonding moment - who knows!

Best regards,

Steve

Quote Posted by Roseheart (here)
    Hey Steve,

Another miracle! I was already on the bicycle when I read your post! It's all falling into divine alignment!
    Could we incorporate bicycles into our worship? Some sort of ritual journey we take perhaps...?
    That would solve the whole what to wear dilemma - we're all in skin tight lycra! Fluoro! With helmets!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3