+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Ordained Spirituality

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Ordained Spirituality

Hi Everybody,

I've just been ordained as a Minister. I thought I'd share that with you all. I only ever give out personal details of myself from time to time in the forum and this is one of the times.

I was ordained at the Universal Life Church and with the assistance of the internet and $32.00 I can now marry people (I think I read somewhere that someone was engaged $$$) and can set up my own church! Of course that costs extra, but hey, the Lord works in mysterious ways. Right?

If you want to become a Minister of the Universal Life Church, just Google "UniversalLife Church" and the site will show you how.

Best regards,

Steve

2. Link to Post #2
    Scotland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Ordained Spirituality

Well why not, its says on the website that you have to be over the age of 13 to be ordained... you are older than 13 I presume?

3. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi linz2d,

I would say I'm a little over the age of thirteen. I wouldn't want to do anything crass and damaging to my ordination.

But thanks for enquiring. You can take the front row pews.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote Posted by linz2d (here)
    Well why not, its says on the website that you have to be over the age of 13 to be ordained... you are older than 13 I presume?

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by steve_a (here)
    Hi Everybody,

I've just been ordained as a Minister. I thought I'd share that with you all. I only ever give out personal details of myself from time to time in the forum and this is one of the times.

I was ordained at the Universal Life Church and with the assistance of the internet and $32.00 I can now marry people (I think I read somewhere that someone was engaged $$$) and can set up my own church! Of course that costs extra, but hey, the Lord works in mysterious ways. Right?

If you want to become a Minister of the Universal Life Church, just Google "UniversalLife Church" and the site will show you how.

Best regards,

Steve
    what !!! wow....that is amazing !!! and you say you only needed the internet and 32 dollars ? Well, good luck to you mate, if the the lord is out there, i hope he does help you !

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to folotheflo For This Post:

Agape (9th May 2011), Astra (9th May 2011), Buchanan561 (10th May 2011)

6. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Just enquiring... can you do Vampire weddings?

7. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I'm ordained so I must be able to...

Quote Posted by linz2d (here)
    Just enquiring... can you do Vampire weddings?

8. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

...wow, I'll keep that in mind.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to linz2d For This Post:

DoubleHelix (10th May 2011)

10. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

Congratulations! I was ordained by the ULC back in '99 (before they charged money ^_~)

You can also preside at funerals, and even forgive sins!

11. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 times in 322 posts

Hi Steve A, since we are all fellow Avalonians, I am sure you'll give us all a good rate for baptizing, forgiving, marrying and presiding. Thanks in advance!

12. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,157 times in 529 posts

32.00 dollars .
    do you do discount if your a member of Avalon

sorry sunflower ,just saw your post above.

13. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

Hi Everybody,

Best regards,

Steve
    I've just been ordained too, thanks for that. After many years of mental and physical training I felt I was ready to be ordained online. I am now complete. I opted for the free plan myself, I felt it better reflected my commitment.

In order not to complicate my future posts, if its about spiritual matters please refer to me as Father, Babba Guru, Pappi, or Rabbi, but if the topic is more humble or inane please just call me Sir. In all other correspondence you can continue to call me whatever you feel appropriate. Good, here endeth my first lesson; religion not spirituality, but religion, can and will continue to be twisted to the moral boundaries of its membership. Babba Guru out. xxx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Buchanan561 (10th May 2011)

15. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Nasu,

The beauty of the Universal Life Church is that it deals with all religions and spiritual matters. Even witchcraft! So it doesn't really matter what anyones beliefs are, as an ordained minister I can teach everyone and anyone.

@ Sunflower: If you can get a coach party up and we can meet over the internet I'll keep the costs down. I'm a Universal Life Church minister, not a mercenary.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote Posted by Nasu (here)
    Hi Everybody,

Best regards,

Steve
    I've just been ordained too, thanks for that. After many years of mental and physical training I felt I was ready to be ordained online. I am now complete. I opted for the free plan myself, I felt it better reflected my commitment.

In order not to complicate my future posts, if its about spiritual matters please refer to me as Father, Babba Guru, Pappi, or Rabbi, but if the topic is more humble or inane please just call me Sir. In all other correspondence you can continue to call me whatever you feel appropriate. Good, here endeth my first lesson; religion not spirituality, but religion, can and will continue to be twisted to the moral boundaries of its membership. Babba Guru out. xxx

16. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,585 times in 5,817 posts

I was ordained at the Universal Life Church ...

Steve
    I'm curious what your real motivation was in making this "announcement" here. Care to honestly elaborate? If you do, I'll tell you when and why I became a Universal Life Church ordained minister.

Dennis

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

18. Link to Post #14
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Everybody,

I was considering opening up my own church, but then I saw it cost extra. As I'm a frugal minister I thought to myself, "There's got to be an easier way", after all I would hate to think the Universal Life Church ordained me just for the money.

I had a quick chat with a friend os mine and they told me I had to have Articles of Faith to begin setting up the church, so I thought, "Sod it, I'll ask the forum members to help me out!"

So here goes. I need ten articles of faith, which will describe the object of the church. As my church will be 'open' I reckon we can rustle up these articles between us.

Each article should begin, "We believe......"

Best regards,

Steve
    Last edited by steve_a; 9th May 2011 at 20:11.

19. Link to Post #15
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Dennis Leahy,

I've been a member of this forum from the get go and do share from time to time. Some time ago I informed the forum that I was Lord (Lord Stephen of Sealand).
    You became a Universal Life Church Minister? I didn't know I had such illustrious colleagues!

Best regards,

Steve

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)

Steve
    I'm curious what your real motivation was in making this "announcement" here. Care to honestly elaborate? If you do, I'll tell you when and why I became a Universal Life Church ordained minister.

Dennis

20. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Not Nasu, Babba Guru in these sort of posts, please. Thanks brother Steve. So true. Thanks for the discount as well, very thoughtful of you, dito. Clearly though, we were both ready, the internet heard our call for instant drive through ministry. As restrictive as the membership is for the Universal Life Church, I have unwavering dogmatic faith it will only attract the right sorts. It is our humble duty as religious leaders to gently guide and help all faiths to believe in ours and doubt their own. Any intolerance must be cleansed with death and or religious war. All donations can be made at the website. In faith.. Babba Guru. xxx

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

22. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi Dennis Leahy,

I've been a member of this forum from the get go and do share from time to time. Some time ago I informed the forum that I was Lord (Lord Stephen of Sealand).
    You became a Universal Life Church Minister? I didn't know I had such illustrious colleagues!

Best regards,

Steve

Steve

Dennis
    You appear to be mocking the concept. Are you? That's OK, you won't offend me or the other Universal Life Church ministers. Religions are all fair game, as far as I'm concerned.

Did you really join, or is this a comedy routine for you - to mock the church? Seems like if you were serious, you'd already have your own sense of articles of faith and would not ask on a forum for help.

If you really joined, why on Earth did you pay money?

If this is a comedy routine, and if you support the "real" ministers of various other "legitimate" religions, may I ask just exactly how long a period of time is appropriate for someone to study religion and/or spirituality, exactly what they should abstain from (if anything), or adhere to (if anything) in order to be equal to the legitimacy of, say, a Jewish rabbi or a Catholic priest?

Dennis

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Buchanan561 (10th May 2011), Nasu (9th May 2011)

24. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Dennis Leahy,

I paid good money for my ordination, Order number: #167722

Their address: Universal Life Church Monastery,
    1425 Broadway #67
    Seattle WA 98122

I chose the Universal Life Church so that I can skip all that 4-6 year Catholic church stuff. It only took me 2 minutes and I imagine holds the same authority as a say, Catholic Church ordination.

I don't think I put humour (although it is a trait of mine) in my posts, just honesty. The humour is in the mind of the perceiver.

As I have only been ordained this morning I haven't really had the time to get my articles of faith in order, starting my own faith/spiritual/pagan church only came to me as an after thought. It'd also be a great way to bond.

I'm beginning to think I may have been conned out of 32 bucks here because you asked me why I paid money. Are you telling me you got ordained as a minister in the Universal Life Church for nothing? Were you ordained into the church by another minister? Have you received your Ordination Diploma? Actually it was the diploma which cost 6 bucks and postage was 25. There you go, but all the same for me to get where I have up till now it cost 32 green ones.

Best regards,

Steve

Hi Dennis Leahy,

Best regards,

Steve

Steve

Dennis
    You appear to be mocking the concept. Are you? That's OK, you won't offend me or the other Universal Life Church ministers. Religions are all fair game, as far as I'm concerned.

Did you really join, or is this a comedy routine for you - to mock the church? Seems like if you were serious, you'd already have your own sense of articles of faith and would not ask on a forum for help.

If you really joined, why on Earth did you pay money?

If this is a comedy routine, and if you support the "real" ministers of various other "legitimate" religions, may I ask just exactly how long a period of time is appropriate for someone to study religion and/or spirituality, exactly what they should abstain from (if anything), or adhere to (if anything) in order to be equal to the legitimacy of, say, a Jewish rabbi or a Catholic priest?

Dennis

25. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yes, silly person. It's free to become a Universal Life Church minister. Be careful, next you'll spend money on a pope-mobile or end up owing the IMF a fortune when they lend you enough to build a giant Gothic church in the Brasilian jungle.

So, if you really did do this, you must have had a reason (especially if you fell for the "diploma".) What was your real reason? And, whatever your reason... if your real reason was as a conversation starter, or to get attract a girl who always wanted to marry a minister, c'mon, be honest, tell us.

Dennis
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 9th May 2011 at 20:45. Reason: silly typo

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Buchanan561 (10th May 2011), Nasu (9th May 2011)

27. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Hi Everybody,

I was considering opening up my own church, but then I saw it cost extra. As I'm a frugal minister I thought to myself, "There's got to be an easier way", after all I would hate to think the Universal Life Church ordained me just for the money.

I had a quick chat with a friend os mine and they told me I had to have Articles of Faith to begin setting up the church, so I thought, "Sod it, I'll ask the forum members to help me out!"

So here goes. I need ten articles of faith, which will describe the object of the church. As my church will be 'open' I reckon we can rustle up these articles between us.

Each article should begin, "We believe......"

Best regards,

Steve
    Hi Brother Steve

Since going through the trans-formative process of joining and being ordained in the Universal Life Church. I have formed my own small splinter group, called Dojitsu. We are about two hundred strong, but would welcome your addition.

Do in Japanese means the way, jitsu means the art, so the literal translation is the art of the way, or the way of the art, either way its art and art mimics life, life is the ultimate freedom and freedom of thought is the ultimate way. We try not to over complicate things, it is whatever you make of it, like all beliefs.

Dojitsu is a religion, like Buddhism is a religion. Technically they are both philosophies, however, like all things depend largely on the individual members perspective and freedom of thought. Dojitsu members are known as Wajedi's and can come from many paths, Dojitsu is open to all men, all women, all races, all religions, all political groups, all sexualities and all ages, sorry no pets.

Dojitsu's seven guides of faith:

1. Thou shalt have Balance - There is no good and bad only balance
    2. Though shalt make Allowances - What you allow, will be
    3. Though shalt have intent - Thought made manifest, do what we intend
    4. Thou shalt accept the Law of Attraction - What you put out you will receive
    5. Thou shalt respect your neighbor's faith - Including possessions and relationships
    6. Thou shalt be free to think whatever thou like - See four and seven
    7. Thou shalt always do the right thing - See one through six

- Babba Guru. xxx

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast