+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst 1 20 30 40 43 LastLast

Thread: The sensitivity of language and people when describing race-related issues

1. Link to Post #581
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Default Re: The sensitivity of language and people when describing race-related issues

Quote Posted by Ilie Pandia (here)

Lord Sid, I apologize for talking about you and not at you.
    No Ilie, you honour me with your words and your intent, apology not accepted nor needed.
    You are a good man Ilie, avalonuggets should know that I say so.
    And I will carrot em if they disagree.

2. Link to Post #582
    Ilie Pandia

Default Re: The sensitivity of language and people when describing race-related issues

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Let me say this, if a member of the team and I was never not a member, rocks the boat to get your attention and you want to throw him out of the boat, it may mean that you weren't paying attention to what they said and there was no option but to rock the boat and get your attention.
    Lord Sid,

Would you rephrase that? I am not native English speaker and I don't get it...

"if a member of the team and I was never not a member" is there a double negation? a word you forgot to remove or a comma missing?

Could I rephrase it as: "if a member of the team (and I was a member), rocks the boat..." is that correct?

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

edina (12th May 2011), Lord Sidious (12th May 2011), loveandgratitude (12th May 2011), sandy (12th May 2011), sheddie (12th May 2011)

4. Link to Post #583
    Scotland Avalon Member magicmanx's Avatar
    Thanks

Dear LS and 9eagle9 ( Posts 575 and 576 )

What is the top priority........ it is how to work out a system to stop the verbal diarrhoea by us posters........... and I say this with respect. Every forum that is around suffers the same problem.

Everyone has to say something and give input and in actual fact is encouraged to. We have one thread up to 4!!!! plus posts just waiting for an answer from someone.

The fault here is actually not ours ( as posters ). It is really what we are being fed by those who are rocking the boat that has to seriously be reviewed. The ball is actually in your court.

Nice to see you back LS.......
    Last edited by magicmanx; 12th May 2011 at 15:54.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to magicmanx For This Post:

Fred259 (12th May 2011), Jendayi (12th May 2011), Lord Sidious (12th May 2011), loveandgratitude (12th May 2011), Mad Hatter (13th May 2011), MMA_Fan (12th May 2011)

6. Link to Post #584
    Thanks

Let me say this, if a member of the team and I was never not a member, rocks the boat to get your attention and you want to throw him out of the boat, it may mean that you weren't paying attention to what they said and there was no option but to rock the boat and get your attention.
    Lord Sid,

"if a member of the team and I was never not a member" is there a double negation? a word you forgot to remove or a comma missing?

Could I rephrase it as: "if a member of the team (and I was a member), rocks the boat..." is that correct?
    That works.

You know, during the life of this thread, I must say that I am impressed with bills staff.
    I have been treated with courtesy and respect and a lot of care as to what was going on.
    Dennis in particular spent some hours of his own time to clarify issues.
    Bill picked the right people for the staff here, the lot of em.

Quote Posted by magicmanx (here)

Thanks my triskelion bearing friend.
    I had my net go out on me for about 4 hours or so during my night last night plus I slept well today, I needed it.
    Last edited by Lord Sidious; 12th May 2011 at 15:42.

7. Link to Post #585
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,340 times in 4,610 posts

Lord Sid,

That works.

You know, during the life of this thread, I must say that I am impressed with bills staff.
    I have been treated with courtesy and respect and a lot of care as to what was going on.
    Dennis in particular spent some hours of his own time to clarify issues.
    Bill picked the right people for the staff here, the lot of em.

Ehm. Why did they do that ?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

edina (12th May 2011), Lord Sidious (12th May 2011), loveandgratitude (12th May 2011), norman (12th May 2011)

9. Link to Post #586
    Thanks

Rob- again pages ago, don't ask me to go looking now- I asked you if all of this had something to do with Control with a capital C (in the sense was this what you were trying to make us see)
    My feeling was that we refer so much as a community to the ptb, to the fact that we live under a controlling eye in today's world, yet I have had this feeling that many have been giving away their control without even realising it and not that anyone has asked them for it either- merely the fact that it is sometimes too easy to look outside of yourself than inside where the real strength dwells.

I'm not expressing myself as I'd like to- I have to go away and ruminate some more.
    Know Thyself

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Amer For This Post:

loveandgratitude (12th May 2011)

11. Link to Post #587
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Oh of course its not the posters fault

I for one am getting my Kali Action Playset out this afternoon and destroying you all.

Quote Posted by magicmanx (here)
    Dear LS and 9eagle9 ( Posts 575 and 576 )

What is the top priority........ it is how to work out a system to stop the verbal diarrhoea........... and I say this with respect. Every forum that is around suffers the same problem.

Everyone has to say something and give input and in actual fact is encouraged to. We have one thread up to 4!!!! plus posts just waiting for an answer from someone.

The fault here is actually not ours ( as posters ). It is really what we are being fed by those who are rocking the boat that has to seriously be reviewed. The ball is actually in your court.

12. Link to Post #588
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amer (here)
    Rob- again pages ago, don't ask me to go looking now- I asked you if all of this had something to do with Control with a capital C (in the sense was this what you were trying to make us see)
    My feeling was that we refer so much as a community to the ptb, to the fact that we live under a controlling eye in today's world, yet I have had this feeling that many have been giving away their control without even realising it and not that anyone has asked them for it either- merely the fact that it is sometimes too easy to look outside of yourself than inside where the real strength dwells.

I'm not expressing myself as I'd like to- I have to go away and ruminate some more.
    I don't know the point you are trying to make, but what you are saying is correct, people look for an external remedy.
    Why?
    We already know all, we are all.
    But we can be nothing, it is our choice.

13. Link to Post #589
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,340 times in 4,610 posts

Time to change cloak perhaps. Do they have more characters in Stawars ?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Lord Sidious (12th May 2011), loveandgratitude (12th May 2011)

15. Link to Post #590
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,987 times in 1,125 posts

The words in Atticus' post "It has become necessary..." keep resounding in my mind. What made it necessary? Was it something that was said that has made it necessary, or was it the general direction or tone of the thread?

Whatever the reason, it must have appeared obvious enough to Atticus to make it necessary to post on this thread after being silent for so long.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Belle For This Post:

777 (12th May 2011), DoubleHelix (12th May 2011), gigha (12th May 2011), loveandgratitude (12th May 2011), Mad Hatter (13th May 2011), magicmanx (12th May 2011)

17. Link to Post #591
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,625 times in 21,528 posts

... and I was never not a member ...
    I read that as a stronger assertion - that you were always a member of the group of 18, from its inception, until this last day. Is that a correct reading?
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Calz (13th May 2011), DoubleHelix (12th May 2011), edina (12th May 2011), Lord Sidious (12th May 2011), loveandgratitude (12th May 2011)

19. Link to Post #592
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    ... and I was never not a member ...
    I read that as a stronger assertion - that you were always a member of the group of 18, from its inception, until this last day. Is that a correct reading?
    I meant avalon, but thanks for pointing out that vagueness in my post.
    You gave me a chance to clarify it.

20. Link to Post #593
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Whom would most benefit from Atticus's post?

21. Link to Post #594
    Thanks

So you were never a part of the 18? That was also simply a guise to get our attention?
    Know Thyself

22. Link to Post #595
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,171 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    When a group of evolving complex avatars are learning the ropes of coming to grips with their reality, there may be a group of them which is ahead of the general swing of things.

This group, They are also likely to be more perceptive than the general group.

As One avatar race moves from the lessons of individuation and into a group understanding and environment, one connected to their evolving information, knowledge and potential understandings, it may be possible to test this group against scenarios.

As this Avatar group moves into the gauntlet of change for their given avatar type, in their given situation, thus defining the leading edge of their overall (all avatars in the system) change and expression.....they may provide to be a valuable resource, on all fronts, for dealing with what ails the overall group and what favors the overall group.

The point that seems to be emerging in evolution, is that the time may come where the given individuals gather in these understandings (this forum in particular-and those few like it) as they will gather on a more rarefied level in the future. (mental joining into a group with retained individuality)

The forum is valuable and important to humankind. Not in an egotistic way, but with respect to testing, and curve fitting of solutions, for the given external (to the forum) but involved groups that may require more stability, testing, etc... in their given endeavor, in the given moment.
    I love this post.

And this line in particular:

Quote mental joining into a group with retained individuality
    I'm all for group think but without individual uniqueness it can become an organism

that could be manipulated by meme constructors

and used as a tool to serve unknown agendas,

destroying individual destinies and even souls.

Napoleon and his control over his army comes to mind....

Not sure if it's the Internet in general that permits individuality to be retained here

or if it is some dynamic that is unique to Avalon...

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

edina (12th May 2011), Jendayi (12th May 2011), Lord Sidious (12th May 2011), loveandgratitude (12th May 2011), Mad Hatter (13th May 2011), sandy (12th May 2011), sllim11 (13th May 2011)

24. Link to Post #596
    Thanks

In this open and free place of co creation the very word secrecy is repugnant. Shouldn't the idea's, operations and agenda's of the 18 be available for all since we all helped create what is avalon and are helping maintain it's purity. They are operating using this vehicle that some of us have been contributing to for 4 or 5 years now.

Some of us in more ways then hammering are keyboards and building up our post counts, Like getting out and manifesting the intention into reality by interacting with fellow humans and shifting vibrations.. IMO

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hummingbird For This Post:

Agape (12th May 2011), loveandgratitude (12th May 2011), magicmanx (12th May 2011), mosquito (13th May 2011), sandy (12th May 2011)

26. Link to Post #597
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amer (here)
    So you were never a part of the 18? That was also simply a guise to get our attention?
    I am not a liar.
    PM Atticus and ask him if I lied that I was in.

27. Link to Post #598
    Ilie Pandia

Quote Posted by Belle (here)
    The words in Atticus' post "It has become necessary..." keep resounding in my mind. What made it necessary? Was it something that was said that has made it necessary, or was it the general direction or tone of the thread?

Whatever the reason, it must have appeared obvious enough to Atticus to make it necessary to post on this thread after being silent for so long.
    Perhaps this was the problem?

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious
    I am one of Atticus 18.
    Bearing that in mind, there is no profit as such to make from telling me certain things, like that which I spoke of before.
    None of us want to see those we care about suffer and/or die before they should.
    And that includes him too, so he has a vested interest in getting things in place.

We need to prepare for a cataclysm on the scale, but not of the same type, that killed off the dinosaurs.
    I know very little at this point of exact details of what is coming. I am learning and willing to inform others, that is part of what Atticus/Charles mission is now.
    Thanks for the kind words, it is not easy to stick to your line when everyone is throwing stones at you, but I figure enough of you will figure that the messenger is usually not received so well, even if they tell the truth.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Belle (12th May 2011), Caren (12th May 2011), loveandgratitude (12th May 2011), Mad Hatter (13th May 2011)

29. Link to Post #599
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious
    I am not a liar.
    PM Atticus and ask him if I lied that I was in.
    I was not saying you were a liar- I was referring to the clarification that you gave to Paul.
    Know Thyself

30. Link to Post #600
    Scotland Avalon Member magicmanx's Avatar
    Thanks

Dear Hummingbird ( post 596 )

Could it be that we are all members of the team titled ' The 18 '? We just have not noticed or are too busy to be aware!

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magicmanx For This Post:

Agape (12th May 2011), NancyV (12th May 2011), thunder24 (12th May 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst 1 20 30 40 43 LastLast