+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst 1 9 19 29 43 LastLast

Thread: The sensitivity of language and people when describing race-related issues

1. Link to Post #361
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Default Re: The sensitivity of language and people when describing race-related issues

Quote Posted by Mad Hatter (here)
    Quote How are you going to survive
    Assuming a flight (before maybe a fight?) scenario becomes necessary, then given the abject lesson regarding communication this thread has presented so far, it becomes blatantly obvious that no matter which community one found oneself in, an extremely robust, communication based, conflict resolution process will be paramount...

Are we there yet??
    Not yet, but we are a lot closer than we were two days ago.
    We are getting there.
    Don't leave Bill here, bring him too

2. Link to Post #362
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,112 times in 828 posts

Default Re: The sensitivity of language and people when describing race-related issues

I've seriously evaluted downward the survival abilities of people (especially some in this thread).

Peace and Love

K
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to K626 For This Post:

edina (11th May 2011), Isostool (12th May 2011), jjl (11th May 2011), Lord Sidious (11th May 2011), loveandgratitude (11th May 2011), NancyV (11th May 2011), sandy (12th May 2011)

4. Link to Post #363
    Thanks

Quote Posted by K626 (here)
    I've seriously evaluted downward the survival abilities of people (especially some in this thread).

Peace and Love

K
    Don't count anyone out 626, ya nugget.

And Bill, I can see you down there, get in here around the campfire already.
    I have a place reserved for you.

5. Link to Post #364
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,159 times in 1,845 posts

I got the fish for the pan fry, campfire feels good
    OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

DoubleHelix (11th May 2011), edina (11th May 2011), jjl (11th May 2011), Lord Sidious (11th May 2011), loveandgratitude (11th May 2011), sandy (12th May 2011)

7. Link to Post #365
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thunder24 (here)
    You are in Tennessee, you better have Uncle Jack for your Uncle Sidious.

8. Link to Post #366
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 700 posts

Peace and Love

K
    Do you perceive that as

1) Having been handed the hymn sheet they are actually unable to sing...
    2) Having been handed the hymn sheet they are unable to sing in tune...
    3) Having been handed the hymn sheet they can't read it...
    4) Having been handed the hymn sheet they are unable to determine what it is...
    5) or as is probably my case they are not even in the same room to recieve the hymn sheet...
    6) None of the above....

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mad Hatter For This Post:

Fred259 (11th May 2011), K626 (11th May 2011), NancyV (11th May 2011)

10. Link to Post #367
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    Quote Sure, the majority of 'disclosure' of events hold as much water as the sun. But events come everyday. I don't imagine you are insisting nothing will happen tomorrow, in the next second, etc. An interesting point is that sometimes events occur only because they were predicted, as someone hears something they feel they can exploit and do so -- and in these instances, while the events were predicted, the cause is usually blamed on those innocent to the events.

In any case, it doesn't hurt to gather what information one deems relevant and prepare where one deems it reasonable to.

No one knows any truth, I don't even know this, but I feel that at most there can only be search for understanding, as even if a truth is known, or known by chance, we cannot be certain we know it.

Quid pro quo.
    No one knows any truth is what your current stream of expanded materialistic dogma that doubts any inherited substance of intelligence in the Universe teaches and preaches .

It takes small quantum leap I believe to jump beyond the standard views you were taught here and explored

and arrive not in the mid-air but on the next solid platform of knowing where you can stand and walk without so many doubts.
    It would appear our language may be in a rather large conflict, with emphasis on definitions of knowledge and truth.

I recently noted in another thread that it takes a great intellect to be able to entertain an idea without fully accepting it. That when views solidify (when you're on a 'solid platform of knowing', as you call it) one becomes almost fanatical in ones belief to the point of insanity; as if any notion of opposition to their thought is below, incoherent to them. To me, your response is evidently a good example of this.

In my view, there is no 'next solid platform of knowing' if you know -- one cannot know anything without knowing the whole. It follows that one tends to walk solid platforms, before one learns to flow.

That one does not know the truth does not imply a mountain of doubt, but rather a readiness to discard a belief (or in your case, a knowledge, I imagine) when presented with what is the truth/actual knowledge. For instance:

Quote In Buddhism, knowledge is regarded as an obstacle to understanding, like a block of ice that obstructs water from flowing. It is said that if we take one thing to be the truth and cling to it, even if truth itself comes in person and knocks at our door, we won't open it. For things to reveal themselves to us, we need to be ready to abandon our views about them.
    Respect starts first, understanding follows after.
    W.C.
    The Lion strode through the halls of Hell;
    Across his path grim shadows fell
    Of many a mowing, nameless shape—
    Monsters with dripping jaws agape.
    The darkness shuddered with scream and yell
    When the Lion stalked through the halls of Hell.

OLD BALLAD

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to W.C. For This Post:

DoubleHelix (11th May 2011), edina (11th May 2011), g.k.r (12th May 2011), Lord Sidious (11th May 2011), loveandgratitude (11th May 2011), Mad Hatter (11th May 2011), mosquito (12th May 2011), sandy (12th May 2011)

12. Link to Post #368
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Quote Posted by magicmanx (here)
    Thank you LS for your reply ( post#351 )

That makes absolute sense......

Now..... we have a few weeks to get this right for a jump off. What do you suggest we should as a group (s) Forum (s) be doing to prepare?

Thank you
    First thing?
    Work on Bill, he needs our help to grow.
    If we can help him get past his issue, things will be easier for all of us.
    Secondly? The three forums members need to work together to bring reconciliation to all.
    By that time, you are ready.

Hi Rob,

OK, the thread certainly has organically strayed from the original topic.

Sounds like you're now working on some 'preparedness' concepts for what Charles believes is a coming cataclysm. Sounds like a new topic to me, if you want to start a new thread for that it would make it easier than asking people to wade through 18 pages of meandering, agreed?

As to your first point, above: This is your subjective evaluation. While it is true that we all need to grow, that we're all human, and we all make mistakes, you seem to have latched on to your subjective psychoanalysis of Bill and are attempting to not only declare it as "the truth" but also to use your yardstick, your evaluation, as an obstacle in the path of getting around to working on some 'preparedness' concepts. So, if Bill doesn't feel he owes you an apology, you won't disclose how to find high ground in a flood? C'mon mate. This "issue" is your issue, not Avalon's and not Bill's. If you really have some information to share, let's get on with it and stop pretending this prevents you in any way from sharing information.

As for "the three forums" (the three of millions of forums that you have decided need to get together? What about the gardening forum I'm in?), this is again your concept, your idea of what "needs to be done", but it makes no sense. If you have information to disclose, and/or a strategy to survive a coming cataclysm, it makes a lot more sense to simply get the information out, and let it go viral if it will. That's the power of the Internet. We don't need one great big gigantic forum any more than we need a single humongous website to be the entire Internet. Another good example is that my little town used to have tremendous diversity of businesses, and was a strong community for it. Now, we have Walmart. One big forum for all alternative media? Yikes! Sounds a bit "New World Forum" to me!

So, your first two steps are immaterial to your stated mission. Please, let's not go round and round with that, and just drop the two artificial barriers you placed in the way of your disclosure/strategy planning. No one is in your way, except you. If you are serious about getting the word out about a coming cataclysm and how to be prepared, here's your challenge, if you decide to accept it: Do it. Disclose. Open a thread for discussion of strategies. If it resounds as valid, it will go viral.

If you accept the challenge:
    • Please say whether you are Charles' spokesman on Avalon.
    • Please state the protocols you are working under.
    • Please state whether you are happy to answer specific questions without prevarication or evading the issues.
    Dennis
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 11th May 2011 at 15:23. Reason: added quoted post

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

DoubleHelix (12th May 2011), Eric J (Viking) (11th May 2011), g.k.r (12th May 2011), juliagulia55 (18th May 2011), Limor Wolf (12th May 2011), loveandgratitude (11th May 2011), NancyV (11th May 2011), Star Gazer (11th May 2011), ulli (11th May 2011)

14. Link to Post #369
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Hi Rob,

OK, the thread certainly has organically strayed from the original topic.

Sounds like you're now working on some 'preparedness' concepts for what Charles believes is a coming cataclysm. Sounds like a new topic to me, if you want to start a new thread for that it would make it easier than asking people to wade through 18 pages of meandering, agreed?

As to your first point, above: This is your subjective evaluation. While it is true that we all need to grow, that we're all human, and we all make mistakes, you seem to have latched on to your subjective psychoanalysis of Bill and are attempting to not only declare it as "the truth" but also to use your yardstick, your evaluation, as an obstacle in the path of getting around to working on some 'preparedness' concepts. So, if Bill doesn't feel he owes you an apology, you won't disclose how to find high ground in a flood? C'mon mate. This "issue" is your issue, not Avalon's and not Bill's. If you really have some information to share, let's get on with it and stop pretending this prevents you in any way from sharing information.

As for "the three forums" (the three of millions of forums that you have decided need to get together? What about the gardening forum I'm in?), this is again your concept, your idea of what "needs to be done", but it makes no sense. If you have information to disclose, and/or a strategy to survive a coming cataclysm, it makes a lot more sense to simply get the information out, and let it go viral if it will. That's the power of the Internet. We don't need one great big gigantic forum any more than we need a single humongous website to be the entire Internet. Another good example is that my little town used to have tremendous diversity of businesses, and was a strong community for it. Now, we have Walmart. One big forum for all alternative media? Yikes! Sounds a bit "New World Forum" to me!

So, your first two steps are immaterial to your stated mission. Please, let's not go round and round with that, and just drop the two artificial barriers you placed in the way of your disclosure/strategy planning. No one is in your way, except you. If you are serious about getting the word out about a coming cataclysm and how to be prepared, here's your challenge, if you decide to accept it: Do it. Disclose. Open a thread for discussion of strategies. If it resounds as valid, it will go viral.

If you accept the challenge:
    • Please say whether you are Charles' spokesman on Avalon.
    • Please state the protocols you are working under.
    • Please state whether you are happy to answer specific questions without prevarication or evading the issues.
    Dennis
    You seem to have made a few assumptions there yourself rather than ask me about it, but that is ok.
    I am not a spokesman, although Atticus knows what I am saying and doing and approves.

If you truly believe that what I am wrong about bill, that is your opinion.
    You are turning the conflict back on, when it was over.
    What is YOUR goal with YOUR posts?
    Defending bill is not doing him a favour, he has been dodging this for a while and you are helping him to keep that going.
    I did make a judgement on bill and move on from that.
    Now, others are agreeing so I may be not that far off.
    Please don't be a nugget and make strawman arguments in a serious thread Dennis, you are better than that. I refer to the comment about three forums.
    You are a bright man, I know that, so I think that you know exactly what I am doing.
    I already have a challenge, I am not going to accept yours, that would be a distraction. Thanks, but no.
    Nothing against you Dennis, I think you are a good guy, you just need to let go of the rope.

15. Link to Post #370
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,159 times in 1,845 posts

Quote Posted by thunder24 (here)
    You are in Tennessee, you better have Uncle Jack for your Uncle Sidious.
    No, but the moon sure is shining on us.
    OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

edina (11th May 2011), Lord Sidious (11th May 2011)

17. Link to Post #371
    Scotland Avalon Member magicmanx's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't count anyone out 626, ya nugget.

My Dear LS

Some of us heard the same kind of words as.... don't count anyone out.... at the last campfire we went to away back in January 2011. It went something like... no one will be left behind.
    The storyteller of that campfire just up and went away. Took who he wanted and left the rest of us to watch the dying embers. No goodbyes....just the memories and the words unsaid that have been turned and twisted into stories written down of hurt and recriminations that can never be taken back.

Be gentle with us big fella ........ camp fires are really not the in-thing at the moment.

With respect....I really hope you have some mighty big nuggets to take on this task you are planning.

Take care......think this out very carefully as already the crowds are gathering
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 11th May 2011 at 21:41. Reason: fix quote'ing

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magicmanx For This Post:

loveandgratitude (11th May 2011), NancyV (11th May 2011), sandy (12th May 2011)

19. Link to Post #372
    Thanks

Quote Posted by magicmanx (here)
    Quote Don't count anyone out 626, ya nugget.

My Dear LS

Some of us heard the same kind of words as.... don't count anyone out.... at the last campfire we went to away back in January 2011. It went something like... no one will be left behind.
    The storyteller of that campfire just up and went away. Took who he wanted and left the rest of us to watch the dying embers. No goodbyes....just the memories and the words unsaid that have been turned and twisted into stories written down of hurt and recriminations that can never be taken back.

Be gentle with us big fella ........ camp fires are really not the in-thing at the moment.

With respect....I really hope you have some mighty big nuggets to take on this task you are planning.

Take care......think this out very carefully as already the crowds are gathering
    I am not perfect and can't do this solo, I need your help, all of you.
    I hear what you are saying and I don't want anyone left behind, or hurt either.
    That includes bill, if he would only meet us halfway.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 11th May 2011 at 21:51. Reason: fix quote'ing

20. Link to Post #373
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Hello Rob. Allow me to give meh 2 cents. You had my attention until you started in with the 'we have to save bill' stuff. Now, I am more entertained than anything. Thanks for that. It is like watching Spaceballs, instead of Star Wars. (don't get mad, I know you have a good sense of humor) Do you really feel that you are going to save Bill??? We can all appreciate that. Bill does not need saving. Taking the high road, and not responding to a DEMAND for an apology does not mean he needs your help. At least not with that. You are quite capable of using your words in a way that will not paint such a silly picture of Bill and Avalon. So you are one of the 18? Good choice. I would have picked you too. You are awesome. This does not mean that you get special treatment. I know that you have not asked for it, but I feel you are going down that road. You are our brother and friend. And we are here to help YOU grow. This post is not meant to 'defend' Bill. He does not need anyone to defend him. (Even though he may be attacked quite often by those who say that they are a friend of his.) I am not trying to put you into that category. Announcing a Demand for an apology,,, then later saying that you have 'let it go'.. and then LATER saying that your challange stands... tsk tsk tsk. I love you like a brother, Rob. You can unfold your information and knowledge in a way that does not include such nuggetry.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

777 (11th May 2011), DoubleHelix (12th May 2011), g.k.r (12th May 2011), juliagulia55 (18th May 2011), K626 (11th May 2011), Limor Wolf (13th May 2011), Lord Sidious (11th May 2011), loveandgratitude (11th May 2011), magicmanx (11th May 2011), NancyV (11th May 2011), ThePythonicCow (11th May 2011)

22. Link to Post #374
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Be gentle with us big fella ........ camp fires are really not the in-thing at the moment.

Dammit ... heckuva a time to run outta popcorn!!!

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

777 (11th May 2011), DoubleHelix (12th May 2011), g.k.r (12th May 2011), Lifesong (12th May 2011), Lord Sidious (11th May 2011), loveandgratitude (11th May 2011), magicmanx (11th May 2011), NancyV (11th May 2011)

24. Link to Post #375
    Thanks

I'm sorry, but maybe I missed something here. (and I've gone back and read it a few times)

Being a person of colour, I took Bill's statement to be referencing The Aboriginal Elders point of view. Whilst I've never met Bill in person, I was of the mindset that with the folks he's hung out with - from all walks of life, it would never have occurred to me that he has a racist bone in his body. I'm not taking sides here or in anyway trying to diminish your feeling insulted L.S., but having grown up with a father who was a black activist, I'm prone to sensitivity with these kinds of issues and I personally did not resonate 'racist' at all, is all I'm trying to say. Namaste!

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Beloved For This Post:

Calz (11th May 2011), DoubleHelix (12th May 2011), edina (11th May 2011), g.k.r (12th May 2011), K626 (11th May 2011), Lifesong (12th May 2011), Lord Sidious (11th May 2011), loveandgratitude (11th May 2011), magicmanx (11th May 2011), NancyV (11th May 2011), Omni (11th May 2011)

26. Link to Post #376
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

You seem to have made a few assumptions there yourself rather than ask me about it, but that is ok.
    I am not a spokesman, although Atticus knows what I am saying and doing and approves.

Defending bill is not doing him a favour, he has been dodging this for a while and you are helping him to keep that going.
    Please don't be a nugget and make strawman arguments in a serious thread Dennis, you are better than that. I refer to the comment about three forums.
    You are a bright man, I know that, so I think that you know exactly what I am doing.
    I already have a challenge, I am not going to accept yours, that would be a distraction. Thanks, but no.
    Nothing against you Dennis, I think you are a good guy, you just need to let go of the rope.
    Rob, you stated that there was step 1 and step 2... and then we could move forward in cataclysm preparedness. You appear to be stuck there. You have not "moved on from that" when you state that step #1 involves that Bill "get past his issue." I was hoping to un-stick you.

Are you now scratching what you declared as "step 1"? If so, good.

This isn't a strawman argument, I'm responding to your words. You declared that 3 forums need to get together, as step #2. Your words:
    Quote Secondly? The three forums members need to work together to bring reconciliation to all.
    You are dealing with hundreds, maybe even thousands, of different personalities on the three forums you allude to. Some in the cast of characters have absolutely no desire for 'reconciliation', and so it won't happen 100%. Those that want to reconcile will, those that want to communicate in several forums will. Many/most of us do "work together" already. You are imposing an artificial barrier to your mission. The boundaries between the three forums you mention, and others, simply disappear if you provide information that goes viral. Who would be so stubborn and so lost in personal issues to not absorb critical information, if available?

You stated that your information about a coming cataclysm comes from Atticus/Charles, correct? You have come forward with this, rather than Atticus/Charles (who is still a member here) coming forward with it. My understanding is that he has a new website (is that yet another forum, too?) and I would think that the information openly posted on any forum on the Internet would provide the point of disclosure and would go viral from there. It appears you're ready to do it here, on a forum that is openly viewable to anyone.

So, you've already told us your source for information (Atticus/Charles), and that's why you appeared to be stepping forward as a spokesperson. If that is not accurate, then that's fine - it simply appeared that way when you mentioned being one of the "18" and that Atticus was the source of your info.

The bottom line is: please get on with the disclosure. If Atticus/Charles was trying to disclose this here, then he got drowned-out in the din. I would hope you realize this, and would "cut to the chase" and disclose, very quickly and very clearly, whatever info you have. If you disclose everything you have, and are unable to answer further questions (or are unable to relay questions through Atticus/Charles), then please state that up front so the message does not get drowned and so you do not personally get barraged with further questions you can't answer.

Thanks,

Dennis

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

DoubleHelix (12th May 2011), g.k.r (12th May 2011), kersley (11th May 2011), Lord Sidious (11th May 2011), loveandgratitude (11th May 2011), magicmanx (11th May 2011), NancyV (11th May 2011), Teakai (12th May 2011)

28. Link to Post #377
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    Hello Rob. Allow me to give meh 2 cents. You had my attention until you started in with the 'we have to save bill' stuff. Now, I am more entertained than anything. Thanks for that. It is like watching Spaceballs, instead of Star Wars. (don't get mad, I know you have a good sense of humor) Do you really feel that you are going to save Bill??? We can all appreciate that. Bill does not need saving. Taking the high road, and not responding to a DEMAND for an apology does not mean he needs your help. At least not with that. You are quite capable of using your words in a way that will not paint such a silly picture of Bill and Avalon. So you are one of the 18? Good choice. I would have picked you too. You are awesome. This does not mean that you get special treatment. I know that you have not asked for it, but I feel you are going down that road. You are our brother and friend. And we are here to help YOU grow. This post is not meant to 'defend' Bill. He does not need anyone to defend him. (Even though he may be attacked quite often by those who say that they are a friend of his.) I am not trying to put you into that category. Announcing a Demand for an apology,,, then later saying that you have 'let it go'.. and then LATER saying that your challange stands... tsk tsk tsk. I love you like a brother, Rob. You can unfold your information and knowledge in a way that does not include such nuggetry.
    The thing is Jake, bill does need our help, denial won't help.
    People who know him better than you, Dennis and the other staff and me all combined have contacted me to tell me that he does need it.
    You only have my word for that of course.
    I don't want any special treatment, nor would I expect it either.
    You are free to your opinion of course as we all are.
    But I would appreciate that my own agenda is the only agenda attributed to me.

Quote Posted by Beloved (here)
    I'm sorry, but maybe I missed something here. (and I've gone back and read it a few times)

Being a person of colour, I took Bill's statement to be referencing The Aboriginal Elders point of view. Whilst I've never met Bill in person, I was of the mindset that with the folks he's hung out with - from all walks of life, it would never have occurred to me that he has a racist bone in his body. I'm not taking sides here or in anyway trying to diminish your feeling insulted L.S., but having grown up with a father who was a black activist, I'm prone to sensitivity with these kinds of issues and I personally did not resonate 'racist' at all, is all I'm trying to say. Namaste!
    Thanks for your input, much appreciated.
    There is a difference between being racist and making statements that are.
    As I said before, we moved past that.

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)

Rob, you stated that there was step 1 and step 2... and then we could move forward in cataclysm preparedness. You appear to be stuck there. You have not "moved on from that" when you state that step #1 involves that Bill "get past his issue." I was hoping to un-stick you.

Are you now scratching what you declared as "step 1"? If so, good.

This isn't a strawman argument, I'm responding to your words. You declared that 3 forums need to get together, as step #2. Your words:
    Quote Secondly? The three forums members need to work together to bring reconciliation to all.
    You are dealing with hundreds, maybe even thousands, of different personalities on the three forums you allude to. Some in the cast of characters have absolutely no desire for 'reconciliation', and so it won't happen 100%. Those that want to reconcile will, those that want to communicate in several forums will. Many/most of us do "work together" already. You are imposing an artificial barrier to your mission. The boundaries between the three forums you mention, and others, simply disappear if you provide information that goes viral. Who would be so stubborn and so lost in personal issues to not absorb critical information, if available?

You stated that your information about a coming cataclysm comes from Atticus/Charles, correct? You have come forward with this, rather than Atticus/Charles (who is still a member here) coming forward with it. My understanding is that he has a new website (is that yet another forum, too?) and I would think that the information openly posted on any forum on the Internet would provide the point of disclosure and would go viral from there. It appears you're ready to do it here, on a forum that is openly viewable to anyone.

So, you've already told us your source for information (Atticus/Charles), and that's why you appeared to be stepping forward as a spokesperson. If that is not accurate, then that's fine - it simply appeared that way when you mentioned being one of the "18" and that Atticus was the source of your info.

The bottom line is: please get on with the disclosure. If Atticus/Charles was trying to disclose this here, then he got drowned-out in the din. I would hope you realize this, and would "cut to the chase" and disclose, very quickly and very clearly, whatever info you have. If you disclose everything you have, and are unable to answer further questions (or are unable to relay questions through Atticus/Charles), then please state that up front so the message does not get drowned and so you do not personally get barraged with further questions you can't answer.

Thanks,

Dennis
    What you say about those who don't want reconciliation is true, but I didn't mean them, although I didn't say that, so thanks for bringing that bit up.

I have my own goals in what I am doing, I am sticking to that.
    If you want me to do something else, that is your issue, not mine.
    And I wanna say, my last post to you came across stronger than I intended, sorry about that.
    Last edited by Lord Sidious; 11th May 2011 at 16:20.

29. Link to Post #378
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,112 times in 828 posts

Quote Posted by Mad Hatter (here)

Peace and Love

K
    Do you perceive that as

1) Having been handed the hymn sheet they are actually unable to sing...
    2) Having been handed the hymn sheet they are unable to sing in tune...
    3) Having been handed the hymn sheet they can't read it...
    4) Having been handed the hymn sheet they are unable to determine what it is...
    5) or as is probably my case they are not even in the same room to recieve the hymn sheet...
    6) None of the above....
    Yeah probs 4 and 5.

cheers
    K
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to K626 For This Post:

DoubleHelix (12th May 2011), Isostool (12th May 2011), Lord Sidious (11th May 2011), loveandgratitude (11th May 2011), Mad Hatter (11th May 2011), magicmanx (11th May 2011), NancyV (11th May 2011)

31. Link to Post #379
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Quote Posted by Beloved (here)

We are all 'of colour'. To which colour do you refer?

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

K626 (11th May 2011), Lord Sidious (11th May 2011), NancyV (11th May 2011)

33. Link to Post #380
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

The calvary has arrived, but believe me it's not one that Atticus, Germaine, et al. Would ever be looking for. What you seek to do can be done in harmony, in reality is being done before our eyes, unrecognized. I am not worried about earthquakes, storms, atomic weapons, so on and so forth. As stated earlier, it been tried and it's failed and there is nothing else it can do. All is well, regardless of appearances, all will be well. I will not offer "proof", because what I would say in terms of what I have learned in synchronicity is for me, and would lack the substance you would require to deem it valid. I am perfectly ok in this. It makes no waves for me if you don't agree. It's ok if you are told otherwise. But in my reality it's totally valid. As such it's as valid for me as your view is to you, Charles' is to him, Bill's is to him, ad infinitum. It should be that people in general should hear that there are higher beings safeguarding their sovreignity. That a fact, to me. Perhaps some may be inspired to look within and discover it's a fact for them, too. I know it's already the case for many but anyone who looks for hope can find it here, I have plenty to pass around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst 1 9 19 29 43 LastLast