+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Background of George Orwell (Eric Arthur Blair)

1. Link to Post #161
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Default Re: Background of George Orwell (Eric Arthur Blair)

Excellent work there Loveandgratitude and thanks for bringing in Tavistock.
    We can follow that branch too and a good one to follow is Tavistock and Martin Bryant.

2. Link to Post #162
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

a side note:

One of the reasons you can find this stuff and figure it out is due to the the invention of the typeset press. Books, hardcopy specifically, is your friend.

This article here, is "documenting* the beginning of the end of the record of history." (*more like vaporously illustrating the very core of ignorance -of what is coming)

The ugly side of the coin of the internet and non-hardcopy communication is the capacity ...to eventually (reach the point of)... change historical record ----with the flip of a switch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...time-ever.html

The internet spreads information beautifully, yes, but there is also downside aspect.

The good thing is that the internet puts communication first, due to it's ephemeral qualities of being a relatively non-hardcopy system of communication.
    Last edited by Carmody; 20th May 2011 at 16:17.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Flash (21st May 2011), Lord Sidious (20th May 2011), loveandgratitude (21st May 2011), Mad Hatter (23rd May 2011), mondaze (20th May 2011), seko (24th May 2011), TWINCANS (23rd May 2011), yaksuit (20th May 2011)

4. Link to Post #163
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Excellent points there Carmody.

5. Link to Post #164
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

i doubt these numbers amazon released are truly accurate, to be honest. The majority of books sold on amazon are actually sold to customers by independent booksellers who use amazon's site as a middle man. i doubt they took these sales into account when releasing their figures, as technically they are sold by a third party. I think amazon is just trying to create as much pr for the kindle as possible. Same thing goes for the mp3 downloads they offer instead of selling actual cd's.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

Lord Sidious (20th May 2011)

7. Link to Post #165
    Thanks

I believe so as well. It is just that the idea of removing hardcopy form the hands of the common man, as an agenda, I feel that there is an undercurrent of that as a very powerful point (indicator) toward Orwellian systems of influence and control. Remember the main character's job, in "1984".

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

bearcow (20th May 2011), Lord Sidious (20th May 2011), loveandgratitude (21st May 2011), Mad Hatter (23rd May 2011), seko (24th May 2011), spiritwind (9th February 2013), TWINCANS (23rd May 2011)

9. Link to Post #166
    Great Britain Avalon Member Amenjo's Avatar
    Thanks

Found this very interesting site that back engineers Starwars. It goes through the literal influences of the book from Flash Gordon through Akira Kurosaw, Tolkien to influences from Buddhism.

It quite a ride, but it is a well researched site. Didn't know where to post it but thought here would be relevant place.
    It also mentions George Lucas' Near death experience and how it changed his life completely.

http://moongadget.com/origins/index.html

Hope you enjoy,

Love and Truth,

Amenjo

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amenjo For This Post:

Flash (21st May 2011), Lord Sidious (20th May 2011), Mad Hatter (23rd May 2011), seko (24th May 2011)

11. Link to Post #167
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,055 times in 1,024 posts

Very intriguing and enlightening thread, Lord Sidious, and everyone who has posted! I have enjoyed following and learning! Here's a thought form my own humble, uneducated opinion: if Blair's view of the future, which was set forth in his book "1984", was ultimately a protocol designed by a group, as discussed in this thread, then it is probable that the events therein were scheduled to be immanent by 1984. If so, the fact that world domination has not been entirely and completely realized, that the plan has not been fully actualized and implemented, and it is now 2011, may mean that other positive elements have been actively manifesting an opposing reality to TPTB, i.e., that there is and has always been a hidden variable that TPTB have chosen not to acknowledge; a variable they can in no way control. Thus, to use Discordian terms, the eschaton will not be immanentized. What should have been accomplished in 1984 hasn't been accomplished, and now its months away form 2012, the proverbial nut-check! Time's up, and its time to start feeling the love!!!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Playdo of Ataraxas For This Post:

Lord Sidious (23rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (23rd May 2011), PurpleLama (23rd May 2011), seko (24th May 2011)

13. Link to Post #168
    Thanks

My vague understanding of the choice of the title of '1984, was that it was a 'flip' or 'mirror' of the year of publication of the book. A literal expression of the double speak in the novel itself. It was not about dates or such.

I read '1984', 'The space Merchants', 'Brave New World' and other titles in early high school English class. Back when teachers tried to open their students up. I had already read all three, though.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Lord Sidious (23rd May 2011), Playdo of Ataraxas (23rd May 2011), PurpleLama (23rd May 2011), seko (24th May 2011)

15. Link to Post #169
    United States Avalon Member GCS1103's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 times in 585 posts

Great thread, Lord Sidious. I have never given much thought to George Orwell (other than reading one of his books in school) and now I have spent a fair amount of time researching him, thanks to you. I am waiting for you to start a thread on the Bilderberg Group. I have lots to say about them.......

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GCS1103 For This Post:

Lord Sidious (23rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (24th May 2011), seko (24th May 2011), witchy1 (24th May 2011)

17. Link to Post #170
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,536 times in 642 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    a side note:

One of the reasons you can find this stuff and figure it out is due to the the invention of the typeset press. Books, hardcopy specifically, is your friend.

This article here, is "documenting* the beginning of the end of the record of history." (*more like vaporously illustrating the very core of ignorance -of what is coming)

The ugly side of the coin of the internet and non-hardcopy communication is the capacity ...to eventually (reach the point of)... change historical record ----with the flip of a switch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...time-ever.html

The internet spreads information beautifully, yes, but there is also downside aspect.

The good thing is that the internet puts communication first, due to it's ephemeral qualities of being a relatively non-hardcopy system of communication.

Totally agree with you on this one. On another thread I indicated that my family is already busily buying books by the carload. (I don't know where we will keep them all) The issue we see is that the seminal work on a subject is both deep and wide, encompassing the big-bang components of the thought. That material will not be repeated and any later inquirer will not be able to delve the initial work without the book remaining on the shelf to find. How do you know where to find something if you don't know it exists? The internet is like the 'Coles notes' of an idea. It's dumbing down the populace. Wonder who stands to benefit from that?

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TWINCANS For This Post:

Lord Sidious (23rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (24th May 2011), Mad Hatter (23rd May 2011), PurpleLama (24th May 2011), seko (24th May 2011)

19. Link to Post #171
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Maybe a wee bit off topic here, but when reading Animal Farm, Pink Floyd's 1977 album Animals struck me square between the eyes. Besides the title not being a coincidence, those guys had access to some pretty deep s**t at a time when David Icke was still a silly ass t.v. guy. They even have their thoughts(which I agree with) on how matters will wind up. Talk about being ahead of your time. I don't know whether Roger Waters is just that smart and observant, or if maybe he attended a Jordan Maxwell talk as a young man.

Cheers,
    Fred S.

20. Link to Post #172
    Thanks

Roger Waters really is that smart... and he has been on a mission of this observed nature (the meanings behind Pink Floyd lyrics and music) since day one.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Fred Steeves (24th May 2011), Playdo of Ataraxas (24th May 2011), PurpleLama (24th May 2011), seko (24th May 2011), spiritwind (9th February 2013)

22. Link to Post #173
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,055 times in 1,024 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Roger Waters really is that smart... and he has been on a mission of this observed nature (the meanings behind Pink Floyd lyrics and music) since day one.
    I can personally attest to that statement, Fred S. and Carmody. This evens carries great synchronicity: I am currently wearing as I write this statement a Roger Waters concert T-shirt that my father bought me after seeing him play in Mumbai, India, in 2007! I have thoroughly and seriously studied with pleasure and literary intent the whole of Waters' work. The most pertinent would be his solo album, "Amused to Death", completed with a host of musicians, including Jeff Beck. Anyhow, the song, "The Bravery of Being Out of Range", among others, really seems to hit the nail on the head. Besides that album and the referred to "Animals", I see the song "Have a Cigar" from the album "Wish You Were Here" an obvious reference to Tavistock's recruitment of musicians into the industry.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Playdo of Ataraxas For This Post:

Fred Steeves (24th May 2011), PurpleLama (24th May 2011), seko (24th May 2011)

24. Link to Post #174
    Thanks

I have, of course, 'amused to death'--on vinyl. I wonder what Orwell would be listening to if he were around today. (Carmody feebly attempting in a very obvious way to not get too far off track)

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Fred Steeves (24th May 2011), loveandgratitude (24th May 2011), Playdo of Ataraxas (24th May 2011), PurpleLama (24th May 2011), seko (25th May 2011)

26. Link to Post #175
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

I saw this posted in another thread and thought it belonged here. Hopefull it wasn't put here to begin with.

Bump.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/13715...-h/13715-h.htm

27. Link to Post #176

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    I saw this posted in another thread and thought it belonged here. Hopefull it wasn't put here to begin with.

Bump.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/13715...-h/13715-h.htm
    No, noone else posted that link on here -I just read through the entire thread. Thank you PurpleLama

and I bump also...

Nora

we are all related

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

PurpleLama (7th October 2011), seko (8th October 2011)

29. Link to Post #177
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 times in 1,039 posts

There is enough material here to chew on for an entire lifetime. Where to begin..........bump.........

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

PurpleLama (7th October 2011), seko (8th October 2011)

31. Link to Post #178
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Synchronicity has been off the hook here lately. Here is the thread where the link to the ebook came from. Looking at the dream, and what came of it, it is kind of chilling.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post326535

32. Link to Post #179

Hi,

I don't know if anyone created a thread on the Frankfurt Institute but here are a couple of links.

http://www.schillerinstitute.org/fid...frankfurt.html

www.marxist.org/subject/frankfurt-school/

Some basis here: Control through socialization ie media, radio, herd mentality -hegelian dialectic. include desensitization in there of the soul and spirit and later on control through doping society..... and masses are unaware -happy with the status quo -and through staging terrorist or economic downfalls....etc create control of the masses through their own resistances.....etc

Also look at Aristotle, Plato and Socrates I believe Homer and the Iliad.

Well this is some of it

Have a good day

and thank you for the thread Lord Sid and for everyone who contributed so much good information and for their effort and time.

Nora

we are all related
    Last edited by Guest; 7th October 2011 at 22:06.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

PurpleLama (8th October 2011), seko (8th October 2011)

34. Link to Post #180
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 times in 659 posts

For those who don't want to read the whole thread there is quite a good summary of some of the points covered here by journalist David Aaronovitch: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21337504

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Corncrake For This Post:

spiritwind (9th February 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 9 10 LastLast