Default Re: The Urantia Book

2. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,885 times in 4,327 posts

I consider the Urantia book to be one of the most incredible works I have ever read.
    There is a potency in the way the book is written. It's as if a masterful poet crafted the words and there seems to be an amazing economy of motion in the words chosen.

I've often joked that you get extra psychic abilities just for reading the book.
    I really think it is that amazing.

The idea of the Personal Adjuster.
    A Mysterious, incomprehensible cluster of God if you will, that each of us has, this cluster is not the soul, it is not your guardian angel, it is a force that wishes to join and become one with you, for this to happen it seems you have to reach a state of purity and impeccability that is not easily attained.

For me this pinged rather well with the Carlos Castaneda material and his idea of embodying a mysterious force that also defies description and understanding, called the Naguel.
    Castaneda explains that the only way of becoming impeccable enough to withstand the blow of the Naguel you have to clean up and simplify your Tonal. The Tonal being everything you have categorized in this world that you have made a part of yourself.

For me to give credit to a book as being "Channeled" if you will by higher beings the work MUST be genius or I discard it immediately. If a "Channeled" work is not genius, then it can not be from higher beings.
    The Urantia book is absolute genius.
    I consider the Urantia book to be one of the most genius works I have ever come across.

If this book is not channeled then the folks who collaborated and created it are absolute geniuses themselves.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Axman (2nd July 2014), Camilo (2nd July 2014), Cara (2nd July 2014), cursichella1 (2nd July 2014), Foxie Loxie (9th October 2017), Lifebringer (10th October 2017), Nasu (2nd July 2014), Robert J. Niewiadomski (3rd July 2014)

4. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member cursichella1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,266 times in 763 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    I consider the Urantia book to be one of the most incredible works I have ever read.
    There is a potency in the way the book is written. It's as if a masterful poet crafted the words and there seems to be an amazing economy of motion in the words chosen.

I've often joked that you get extra psychic abilities just for reading the book.

A Mysterious, incomprehensible cluster of God if you will, that each of us has, this cluster is not the soul, it is not your guardian angel, it is a force that wishes to join and become one with you, for this to happen it seems you have to reach a state of purity and impeccability that is not easily attained.

For me this pinged rather well with the Carlos Castaneda material and his idea of embodying a mysterious force that also defies description and understanding, called the Naguel.
    Castaneda explains that the only way of becoming impeccable enough to withstand the blow of the Naguel you have to clean up and simplify your Tonal. The Tonal being everything you have categorized in this world that you have made a part of yourself.

For me to give credit to a book as being "Channeled" if you will by higher beings the work MUST be genius or I discard it immediately. If a "Channeled" work is not genius, then it can not be from higher beings.
    I consider the Urantia book to be one of the most genius works I have ever come across.

If this book is not channeled then the folks who collaborated and created it are absolute geniuses themselves.
    Malevolents can just as easily channel. How do you differentiate?
    cursichella1

Qui tacet consentit

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cursichella1 For This Post:

Axman (2nd July 2014), DNA (2nd July 2014), Foxie Loxie (9th October 2017), Michelle Marie (10th October 2017), Nasu (2nd July 2014), Omni (2nd July 2014), onawah (2nd July 2014), Robert J. Niewiadomski (3rd July 2014)

6. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Sure explained the mental instability recently surfacing so violently around the world. Maladjustment's? I thought that perhaps at first, it was to adjust something that had chemically or spiritually went wrong, and the abductions may have had something to do w/it, but alas, I've seem much more since then, and realize the other aspect of "choosing the service to self" in the extreme to the point of foisting at gun point or threat, to impose their psychotic maladjustment on the world. Whether they want to or not, it can't be allowed.
    I found it answered a lot of questions on the full life of Yeshua, and the rebellion of the fallen. The original species used to create the mold of the clay that would be man. Interesting. Currently, I just pray that what I find in my searches, and the evidence to sustain them are truthful, and on time to be stopped when I take them 2 twitterverse or facebook, using their own tools on them. We are many, they are few.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Axman (2nd July 2014), cursichella1 (2nd July 2014), DNA (2nd July 2014), Foxie Loxie (9th October 2017), Nasu (2nd July 2014), Robert J. Niewiadomski (3rd July 2014)

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

Quote Posted by cursichella1 (here)

Discernment, use your discernment. OUR gut, honed and sharpened over time is all we have, use it. IMHO.. N

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Axman (2nd July 2014), cursichella1 (2nd July 2014), DNA (2nd July 2014), Ewan (9th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th October 2017), Robert J. Niewiadomski (3rd July 2014)

10. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,885 times in 4,327 posts

Quote Posted by cursichella1 (here)

This is a good question.

My response to it is usually not very popular.

Benevolent higher beings respect your free will more than anything and would never try to subjucate that.

One of the methods negative entities use is they talk to you like a child and use a lot of flowery phrases like darling and loved ones.

Benevolent entities do not do that, they talk to you like an adult. Benevolent entities do not tell you they are going to solve all of your problems, because again this is disempowering, Benevolent beings give information and they do not state it is truth, they do not try and sell their point of view, they present information in a take it or leave it manner.

Benevolent beings do not do anything to foster dependence on them.
    Our free will and our experience on this plane of existence is top priority.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Axman (2nd July 2014), Cara (2nd July 2014), cursichella1 (2nd July 2014), Foxie Loxie (9th October 2017), Nasu (2nd July 2014), Robert J. Niewiadomski (3rd July 2014), Smell the Roses (25th March 2018)

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Just weighing in ....dont have time for what i would normally post..

Was aware ...and got my copy of the Urantia book in 93...To me it explained much of what I about the universe and left me with marvels...I consider it the work of genius...IMO...I knew of no human that could have written the book in the 50's when it was actually discovered and copyrighted to preserve its text.

This IMO could have only been from 'beyond' involvement.

It was one of my early 'clues' that life is no where near what we are told of it.... there is much more to be learned.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gittarpikk For This Post:

cursichella1 (2nd July 2014), DNA (2nd July 2014), Foxie Loxie (9th October 2017), Lifebringer (10th October 2017), Nasu (2nd July 2014), Robert J. Niewiadomski (3rd July 2014), Zaya (3rd July 2014)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

Hello All,

I first ran into this book 10 or so years ago...lots of stuff happen since then..
    For a book that wishes to educate and bring light to certain matters of the existence of the people of this world my view is that it does a rather mediocre job.
    I remember that my impression is that it gives lots of info but not so much substance.
    The people that gave me the book seemed to be on the other side, as opposed to my side.
    To be fair I only read 30% of the whole thing... and in the end it started to look a bit like the Mormon book in style, NOT in content... so I dropped it.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Moz For This Post:

Camilo (2nd July 2014), cursichella1 (2nd July 2014), Foxie Loxie (9th October 2017), Nasu (2nd July 2014), Robert J. Niewiadomski (3rd July 2014)

16. Link to Post #49
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,307 times in 873 posts

Quote Posted by Moz (here)
    Hello All,

I first ran into this book 10 or so years ago...lots of stuff happen since then..
    For a book that wishes to educate and bring light to certain matters of the existence of the people of this world my view is that it does a rather mediocre job.
    I remember that my impression is that it gives lots of info but not so much substance.
    The people that gave me the book seemed to be on the other side, as opposed to my side.
    To be fair I only read 30% of the whole thing... and in the end it started to look a bit like the Mormon book in style, NOT in content... so I dropped it.
    If you start at the beginning of the book try to start from the 2nd or 3rd part. Or better yet from the 4th: Life of Jesus . If you stumble at any "weird" word while reading, try to search for it in earlier parts to get a grip from the surrounding context You can do it now easily with Ctrl-F in PDF reader. No need to fiddle through 2000+ air-thin sheets of paper anymore

My greatest "reward" from reading UB is internal peace... and almost lack of fear of things unknown to come... Whatever might come, may come I now KNOW i can handle it
    Best wishes and free energy to all
    Robert

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robert J. Niewiadomski For This Post:

DNA (4th July 2014), Foxie Loxie (9th October 2017), Lifebringer (10th October 2017)

18. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member Zaya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 times in 310 posts

I have been wanting to read this book for a while, so thanks for reminding me that I still need to do so! For those of you who are also interested, I just looked, and the Kindle version has been knocked down 4.49. Last time I checked it was about 10 dollars, so it must be on sale. I went ahead and purchased it. I want a hard copy, but this is a good deal and I like highlighting passages in my kindle!
    "The only wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing." -Socrates

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zaya For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (9th October 2017), Robert J. Niewiadomski (3rd July 2014)

20. Link to Post #51
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'm still reading it here and there. It is DEEP STUFF. Some of the paragraphs take reading 2-3 times to even attempt to put in context.

Thanks for all the replies.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hardrock For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (9th October 2017), Lifebringer (10th October 2017), Nasu (3rd July 2014), Robert J. Niewiadomski (3rd July 2014), sandy (9th October 2017)

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

I haven't read all of it, but I've read enough to know that it says reincarnation is false. A modern reinterpreter, forget his name, says that the Thought Adjuster is another name for the Spirit, and that reincarnation sort of is valid for humans in that the Spirit creates another life. But that animals definitely do not reincarnate.

And yet, I adopted a cat that has the same personality as my previous cat. When I asked him if he was (previous name) he did a very anti-social behavior that the previous cat used to do, as a form of play. Now this new cat would never do anything hostile as he is so grateful to be adopted and taken off the street. But he did this behavior twice and then never again, as a way of assuring me he is the same "person." But then, maybe he never read the Urantia and so didn't know he wasn't supposed to reincarnate!

So the question I have is: why was the Urantia book lying about this subject? Is there an alien race that wants us to think we aren't immortal? The book even says that our solar system is called Satania. So is that the answer as to the authorship?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (9th October 2017), Michelle Marie (10th October 2017)

24. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,486 times in 420 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    I haven't read all of it, but I've read enough to know that it says reincarnation is false. A modern reinterpreter, forget his name, says that the Thought Adjuster is another name for the Spirit, and that reincarnation sort of is valid for humans in that the Spirit creates another life. But that animals definitely do not reincarnate.

And yet, I adopted a cat that has the same personality as my previous cat. When I asked him if he was (previous name) he did a very anti-social behavior that the previous cat used to do, as a form of play. Now this new cat would never do anything hostile as he is so grateful to be adopted and taken off the street. But he did this behavior twice and then never again, as a way of assuring me he is the same "person." But then, maybe he never read the Urantia and so didn't know he wasn't supposed to reincarnate!

So the question I have is: why was the Urantia book lying about this subject? Is there an alien race that wants us to think we aren't immortal? The book even says that our solar system is called Satania. So is that the answer as to the authorship?
    I have the same experience with cats. Animal hivemind, groupsoul perhaps? Could also be that the constant factor here is YOU, and animals reflect your behaviour.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Metaphor For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (9th October 2017)

26. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Well.....a whole new subject I had never heard about....Urantia!! Interesting to read all the posts to get a handle on what it is. My first Red Flag was that it was given to us by a "higher" being. After wasting a lifetime putting my faith in another book, I'll not be drawn into finding answers outside myself anymore! If others have found a comfort or illumination from reading Urantia, I am glad for them. I guess discernment is the key word here.

This is why I LOVE Avalon....I keep learning New Things!!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Nasu (10th October 2017)

28. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,045 times in 2,398 posts

Quote Posted by Nasu (here)

Discernment, use your discernment. OUR gut, honed and sharpened over time is all we have, use it. IMHO.. N
    I can only echo Nasu's point. It is quite fascinating in parts but you have to read it with discernment on full. Many parts could/should? trigger an uneasy feeling. Bits will fit, those are likely the parts that lean heavily on truth. Bits will not.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (9th October 2017), Lifebringer (10th October 2017), Nasu (10th October 2017)

30. Link to Post #56
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,463 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Well.....a whole new subject I had never heard about....Urantia!! Interesting to read all the posts to get a handle on what it is. My first Red Flag was that it was given to us by a "higher" being. After wasting a lifetime putting my faith in another book, I'll not be drawn into finding answers outside myself anymore! If others have found a comfort or illumination from reading Urantia, I am glad for them. I guess discernment is the key word here.

This is why I LOVE Avalon....I keep learning New Things!!
    What keeps me comfortably exploring all areas of the everything is not putting faith in anything ... Believe nothing, consider everything.

I have the book but never read it.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

fourty-two (10th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th October 2017), Nasu (10th October 2017)

32. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

It took me 7 months to finish the Urantia Book and it is very enlightening and backs up most of the stories, while filling in the blanks of the Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth. I've asked God the Creator if I can be an "Associate." To repopulate the planet with biological life forms and ecological and environmental. Speaks on the Melchezedek priests, and angels, numbers of systems all before man was put on the planet. Very good, I highly recommend it.
    The full life of Jesus Christ and why he doesn't like the name Jesus is also explained. Its free to read online, I think I still may have a copy, but on my other laptop.
    They allow you to download, but it's rather large in content and best read online and kept in your favorite file or desktop for ez access.
    Last edited by Lifebringer; 10th October 2017 at 08:15.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Nasu (10th October 2017)

34. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

They have it free at Urantia.org.
    Online because the download will fill your pc, it's like 2-3Gigs.
    Click Read prompt on left.
    https://urantia.org/urantia-book/rea...ia-book-online

Enjoy.
    I started in october of 2015 and was done by march 2016. Off and on reading but it's very good reading and to definately be read with discernment.
    Last edited by Lifebringer; 10th October 2017 at 08:25.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Nasu (10th October 2017)

36. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

It also blows off ghosts as ignorant fear mongering religion, but not sure what to make of that either.
    I think it means depending on how strong the creative mind is and the fear, materialization of what is feared, can manifest? At least that's what I got from several places to confirm this thought.
    Our minds are powerful and we are about to evolve to that part of our history. "Le Connect."

37. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

I had the same problem, just looking at all the detailed content so. I started at how we got screwed first. The fall and Caligastia the first anti-christ. Then I went for the full life of Yashuah/Jesus to understand His teaching as He was the last one to give the word on our behavior, belief, and following of God's/Creator's Law.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast