United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,899 times in 4,329 posts

Default Re: The Urantia Book

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    President Lyndon Johnson said if you're going to tell a lie, it has to be a whopper, or no one will believe it (hence the Gulf of Tonkin "attack"). I think after reading the huge Urantia book, very few people will believe it's just a tall tale. Yet there are tell tale signs, such as synchrony with Judeo Christian mythology. And Satania ... give me a break. Satan is derived from a word meaning Enemy and not from a name for our solar system. I used to interview demons via a medium who could do it. They are amazingly smart and are great at coming up with very detailed whoppers.
    Yes. I've not read the book, but if it really does say that 'reincarnation is a false', then I'd suggest the entire thing can be viewed with profound suspicion.

Many invisible entities, large or small, whether ET or astral (and there may be some overlap in those two categories) can play games with humans for agendas of their own — ranging from the trivially mischievous to the deeply and malevolently interfering.

I've read the Urantia book and I never walked away from it with the impression that it argued against reincarnation.
    The book may in fact say this, but if it does it certainly doesn't labor on the point.
    And further, the book is the culmination of various "entities" who are responsible for various chapters. Each entity makes itself known and the chapter is assigned to them as author. It's kind of like how Edgar Cayce had various entities speaking through him, and in fact the entities in the Urantia Book, in my opinion sound like the exact same entities who spoke through Edgar Cayce.

The book tackles the idea of soul and afterlife in a manner that is far more complex than the basic sunday school sermon would prepare one for.
    What I'm saying here is that there is a subtlety and there are layers to what is said.
    Where as one person may walk away with the message that "reincarnation does not exist" another may walk away with the idea that "a tidepool is so incredibly unique as to never be the same regardless of the same ocean creating another".

I personally feel having the Castaneda material digested made it much easier for me to comprehend what is going on with the Urantia writings.
    There are so many parallels between the two I often wondered after reading the Urantia book if Castaneda had gotten some of his esoteric ideas from the Urantia book.
    As time has passed I've come to the conclusion that these two sources are simply telling the same truth.

There are little truths here and there in the Urantia book that are verified by modern science.
    A book written in the 1920's, the Urantia book states with absolute assuredness as it gives the history of the earth, that dinosaurs didn't go extinct, they turned into birds.
    This has been hammered out by paleontologists recently largely in part to a huge influx of fossil finds in China coming to light in the 1990's.
    Another piece of data that has pinged rather well with modern archeology is the fate of Neanderthals.
    The Urantia book claims that Neanderthals were hunted and eaten into extermination by modern man. Again this was quite the statement in the 1920's.
    But again modern archeology has agreed on this point quite a bit as Neanderthal bones bearing butcher marks on them have come to light repeatedly.

2. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,899 times in 4,329 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    President Lyndon Johnson said if you're going to tell a lie, it has to be a whopper, or no one will believe it (hence the Gulf of Tonkin "attack"). I think after reading the huge Urantia book, very few people will believe it's just a tall tale. Yet there are tell tale signs, such as synchrony with Judeo Christian mythology. And Satania ... give me a break. Satan is derived from a word meaning Enemy and not from a name for our solar system. I used to interview demons via a medium who could do it. They are amazingly smart and are great at coming up with very detailed whoppers.
    Yes. I've not read the book, but if it really does say that 'reincarnation is a false', then I'd suggest the entire thing can be viewed with profound suspicion.

Many invisible entities, large or small, whether ET or astral (and there may be some overlap in those two categories) can play games with humans for agendas of their own — ranging from the trivially mischievous to the deeply and malevolently interfering.

Let's say the Urantia does in fact state that reincarnation does not exist.
    Wouldn't that feed rather well into your theory that souls are trapped here on earth by the tunnel of light they see when they die?
    That reincarnation is unnatural and is a result of non-human entities keeping humans and their inherit souls enslaved on this planet?

John Lear's soul harvester on the moon as reported by Bob Lazar when he read the infamous "Yellow Book".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (20th October 2017)

4. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member Smell the Roses's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 times in 285 posts

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    Quote Posted by latte (here)
    This brings the Course in Miracles to mind, and to me both books are in the same highly suspect category.

About 10 years ago some friends insisted I would love TCIM and gave me the book. It has a daily reading and meditation and I gave it a go for a month or 2. It was one frustrating leap of logic to another, the story it told had no coherence and nothing made sense. Perhaps that was the point.

I even drove to a place where one of the 2 people involved from the beginning gave a lecture once a month - don't recall his name. Something about him made me very uncomfortable so I dropped the study and began to research it. I was a little surprised to find out the woman that had channeled it had a close connection to MK Ultra and the man did as well but not as close.

It seems everywhere you look, there they are.
    Yes, the associations in the history of mind control - the dots connected by the timeline history - is very enlightening!

This link reveals even more of a comprehensive list and the information from the previous link is contained in it.

http://911nwo.com/?p=2154

I was hoping to find the publication: "UrantiaGate: A Concpiracy Theory" but I haven't found it yet. However, what is revealed on this site is worth a concentrated study. Not done yet...

MM
    Michelle Marie, thank you for this link and the Alex Constantine link. This is extremely helpful to some research I am doing on MKULTRA. The cult in Arizona that I strongly suspect as being an MKULTRA experiment also reads and follows The Urantia Book. Their leader claims to be channeling the continuing revelation of The Urantia Book. Also, the leader brags about the time he spent with Duane Faw and Vern Grimsley. Duane Faw is identified in the Alex Constantine article as per his proximity to both the CIA and the Urantia Foundation.
    There's no time like the present.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smell the Roses For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (26th March 2018), Michelle Marie (26th March 2018), Valerie Villars (26th March 2018)

6. Link to Post #84
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

A Big Lesson I have learned late in life.....it is not helpful to one's self to follow a "book"....OR....to follow a person!

We are each a Sovereign, Eternal Being & need to stand in our own sovereignty.....this is the Big Secret they have been keeping from us for centuries!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

celticwarrior (3rd April 2018), Ewan (3rd April 2018), Michelle Marie (3rd April 2018), O Donna (3rd April 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5