View Poll Results: Anyone appearing to NOT be in alignment with the purpose/energy of the forum should

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Be rejected and banned.

17 19.32%
  • Be accepted as a dissenting voice.

71 80.68%
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 8

Thread: Banning for misalignment

1. Link to Post #141
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Default Re: Banning for misalignment

Quote Posted by andywight (here)
    Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)
    i see.

and which part of this pertains to my post? i'm still a little confused. not sure where i breached protocol. i just don't see it. any ideas?
    Thank you Mike, I think you have stumbled upon a problem that a number members seem to be having here.

hmmmmm. you seemed offended by something i wrote. i guess you will not be clarifying why you thought i was not in alignment with avalon???

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

andywight (20th May 2011), Sierra (20th May 2011)

3. Link to Post #142
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

andy, is chico feeding you answers through a very slow radio feed? you are communicating with the speed of a glacier my friend.

i'll be going to bed now. i look forward to your explanation in the morning. hopefully we can clear all this up.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

andywight (20th May 2011), DoubleHelix (20th May 2011)

5. Link to Post #143
    Bahamas Deactivated
    Thanks

andy, is chico feeding you answers through a very slow radio feed? you are communicating with the speed of a glacier my friend.

i'll be going to bed now. i look forward to your explanation in the morning. hopefully we can clear all this up.
    Sorry to disappoint, it's just little old me! the cable company cut off my internet, so I'm stealing wifi from my neighbor which is very slow and which cuts me off a lot of the time.

Mike why don't you pm me so we could exchange emails and discuss this further without the limitations of a private forum.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by andywight; 20th May 2011 at 07:41.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to andywight For This Post:

buckminster fuller (20th May 2011)

7. Link to Post #144
    Bahamas Deactivated
    Thanks

This isn't directed at anybody and I read a long description from an early post on the same subject! but as they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words"

Name:  gu_20100326.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  96.5 KB

8. The Following User Says Thank You to andywight For This Post:

DeDukshyn (21st May 2011)

9. Link to Post #145
    Wales Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Well so far 16 people have voted for those 'appearing to NOT be in alignment with the purpose/energy of the forum' to be banned.

Seeing as though those 16 are in the minority and so not in alignment with the rest - should they not be banned themselves?

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MMA_Fan For This Post:

andywight (20th May 2011), buckminster fuller (20th May 2011), Lord Sidious (20th May 2011), Martin (20th May 2011), OnyxKnight (26th May 2011), PurpleLama (21st May 2011), qbeac (20th May 2011), sandy (20th May 2011)

11. Link to Post #146
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Quote Posted by MMA_Fan (here)
    Well so far 16 people have voted for those 'appearing to NOT be in alignment with the purpose/energy of the forum' to be banned.

Seeing as though those 16 are in the minority and so not in alignment with the rest - should they not be banned themselves?
    Dear MMA_FAN,

I was just getting ready to sign off and thought I would check out you comment>>>>just the chuckle I needed as a good relaxer for hitting the hay. Thanks and have a good day this day
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

andywight (20th May 2011), buckminster fuller (20th May 2011), Lord Sidious (20th May 2011), MMA_Fan (20th May 2011), qbeac (20th May 2011)

13. Link to Post #147
    Wales Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sandy (here)
    Quote Posted by MMA_Fan (here)

Dear MMA_FAN,

I was just getting ready to sign off and thought I would check out you comment>>>>just the chuckle I needed as a good relaxer for hitting the hay. Thanks and have a good day this day
    Thankyou, you too

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MMA_Fan For This Post:

andywight (20th May 2011), sandy (20th May 2011)

15. Link to Post #148
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Dear Mr. Chinaski and AndyWight,

I have not laughed this hard in months! Thank you for that repartee!

Sierra giggling madly at the role reversal

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

andywight (20th May 2011), karelia (20th May 2011), Mike (20th May 2011), MMA_Fan (20th May 2011), ThePythonicCow (20th May 2011), ViralSpiral (20th May 2011)

17. Link to Post #149
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

Quote Posted by Sierra (here)
    Dear Mr. Chinaski and AndyWight,

I have not laughed this hard in months! Thank you for that repartee!

Sierra giggling madly at the role reversal

me three

Further evidence that we're all just cognisant beings, wishing to be heard (and validated)

thanks all et pour Ace: merci tous
    .... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

andywight (20th May 2011), Mike (20th May 2011), MMA_Fan (20th May 2011), sandy (20th May 2011), Sierra (20th May 2011)

19. Link to Post #150
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by andywight (here)
    i see.

and which part of this pertains to my post? i'm still a little confused. not sure where i breached protocol. i just don't see it. any ideas?
    Thank you Mike, I think you have stumbled upon a problem that a number members seem to be having here.

hmmmmm. you seemed offended by something i wrote. i guess you will not be clarifying why you thought i was not in alignment with avalon???
    Dear Mr Chinaski,

It is because you belittled Andywight's sense of right and wrong and the fact that he is standing up for that. By making a joke; making his integrity out to BE a joke in your estimation. In that he should be, to be in 'correct alignment' as far as you are intimating, writing posts about his new cat, girfriend or recently bought thigh toner machine or something quite irrelivant rather than what he genuinely finds important. And you were making it to be something we should be laughing at. THAT'S WHY. And not only that but the mods supported the intimation. All about energy and intent huh? sheeeesh.

20. Link to Post #151
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,649 times in 786 posts

One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered......Michael J. Fox

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to benevolentcrow For This Post:

andywight (20th May 2011), buckminster fuller (20th May 2011), DeDukshyn (20th May 2011), Isthatso (31st May 2011), Jeffrey (20th May 2011), K626 (20th May 2011), karelia (20th May 2011), Lord Sidious (20th May 2011), Mad Hatter (21st May 2011), Revere (20th May 2011), sandy (20th May 2011), Seikou-Kishi (20th May 2011), Sierra (20th May 2011)

22. Link to Post #152
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,987 times in 1,125 posts

Followed the link to Nexus that was posted earlier to read what Chico had to say...Seems Nexus is having 'misalignment' problems of its own. http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/search.php?do=getdaily

"vBulletin Message
    I did not start this forum to be a nest of mudslinging and name calling.

Take a breath, step back and rethink what you want to do here

Once I reopen the forum, If you cannot self moderate, we will do it for you. Call it control or censorship if you want to, I call it maintaining decorum and decency. From here on the bull**** stops.

Peace."

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Belle For This Post:

andywight (20th May 2011), karelia (20th May 2011), Lord Sidious (20th May 2011), Sierra (20th May 2011)

24. Link to Post #153
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Belle (here)
    Followed the link to Nexus that was posted earlier to read what Chico had to say...Seems Nexus is having 'misalignment' problems of its own. http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/search.php?do=getdaily

"vBulletin Message

Once I reopen the forum, If you cannot self moderate, we will do it for you. Call it control or censorship if you want to, I call it maintaining decorum and decency. From here on the bull**** stops.

Peace."
    Yeah... I happened to be hanging out there today. It was quite something. Some seriously rude comments by someone who got banned for it. For how long I don't know but it was bad enough to be pretty much unrepeatable - extremely abusive and disrespectful [aimed at myself may I just add]. And there were some other people having issues I did not read. Full moon or something apparently!!!!
    Last edited by Isostool; 20th May 2011 at 15:21.

25. Link to Post #154
    Thanks

Moderation is necessary for a well functioning forum, and I think our moderators do a fantastic job. Free thinkers have difficulty with moderation, imo, but all opinions need to be expressed in an open and respectful manner. I don't think that is too much to ask of its members.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Belle For This Post:

andywight (20th May 2011), Isthatso (31st May 2011), karelia (20th May 2011), Lord Sidious (20th May 2011), Seikou-Kishi (27th May 2011), Sierra (20th May 2011)

27. Link to Post #155
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks

The moderation overthere is great, but things got heated and they wisely closed the forum for a short while to let people calm down. Better than permanently banning them all!
    Last edited by TigerLilly; 20th May 2011 at 15:50.

28. Link to Post #156
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Quote Posted by Belle (here)

"vBulletin Message

Peace."
    There are situations where it is necessary to let go of ones own opinions for the greater good.
    and thats no big deal.

A Course In Miracles says

"The moment you take up a position know that you are identifying with an illusion"

Unfortunately not so many people get that.

I respect the stand that Nexus is taking over a few persistent gladiators who need an audience for their disputes.

I also have a respect for the moderators here---no easy job

However but for the grace of God there go I

If I had a persons genes their upbringing their personal history I would act exactly the same as them in the circumstances that they find themselves in.

I would also point out that the whole human race and mother earth and all planets in our solar system are being greatly affected by incoming energy attributed to the comet or planet x

I would point out that the tides (water) are affected by the moon so are people (Lunacy =lunar)
    Our body is 90% water so if you think you are not affecte by an incoming energy think again

I sugest that we all try to be reasonable and try not to react in a knee jerk fashion to real or imagined grievances.
    Realize when your buttons are being pushed it is your buttons. (pain Body)
    Mine have been too

Eckhart Tolle in the "Power of Now" wrote there would be increased madness and that we are on the verge of the biggest step forward in the evolution of mankind since we left the ocean--- that is massive.

Other are now saying the same

Please be kind to all life including your own no matter what.

I fail often but that is my intention.

I dont know what brought that peaceful rant on but it may have some value.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

29. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

andywight (20th May 2011), Artemis (20th May 2011), Belle (20th May 2011), buckminster fuller (20th May 2011), DeDukshyn (21st May 2011), Lord Sidious (20th May 2011), MMA_Fan (20th May 2011), Revere (20th May 2011), sandy (20th May 2011), shijo (20th May 2011), Sierra (20th May 2011), TigerLilly (20th May 2011)

30. Link to Post #157
    Thanks

I did not post the link to Nexus to have a discussion about what happened on that forum. That is their business and not ours, imo.

My intent was to accent the point that moderation is necessary for a well run forum, no matter which one it may be...and that we are not the only forum around that has issues with moderation.

Free speech is one thing...personal attacks are another. It's easy to get over-enthusiastic about one's point of view and defending it...and sometimes difficult to see how it comes across to others.
    Last edited by Belle; 20th May 2011 at 16:10.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Belle For This Post:

andywight (20th May 2011), DoubleHelix (20th May 2011), Isthatso (31st May 2011), karelia (20th May 2011), Lord Sidious (20th May 2011), Sierra (20th May 2011)

32. Link to Post #158
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TigerLilly (here)
    The moderation overthere is great, but things got heated and they wisely closed the forum for a short while to let people calm down. Better than permanently banning them all!
    Yes. Well. I just cancelled my Nexus membership. I have never been abused like that over here and I don't ever expect to be. This place has its problems and its faults but at least it is peacefulish.

33. Link to Post #159
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Isostool (here)
    Dear Mr Chinaski,

It is because you belittled Andywight's sense of right and wrong and the fact that he is standing up for that. By making a joke; making his integrity out to BE a joke in your estimation. In that he should be, to be in 'correct alignment' as far as you are intimating, writing posts about his new cat, girfriend or recently bought thigh toner machine or something quite irrelivant rather than what he genuinely finds important. And you were making it to be something we should be laughing at. THAT'S WHY. And not only that but the mods supported the intimation. All about energy and intent huh? sheeeesh.
    It is the disingenuous nature of the OP's original post. THAT is the fuel for the fire, not Andy as a human being. The original post is yet another (yawn) thinly-veiled, side-door attack on Bill and the mods. The poll is laughably flawed (one option should have been "Get Bill!"), and quickly the real intent - trumpeting for Chicodoodoo - was revealed.

Anyone paying even a slight bit of attention knows that Chicodoodoo asked for changes he wanted to see (that the mods. admins, and Bill were not in favor of, i.e., allowing virtually anything to be posted, regardless how much of the community's time and energy is sapped from our REAL reasons to be gathered here), and refused to take no for an answer. So, he started another forum, where he could do as he wished. But (as far as I know), his life force has been diverted from such things as the admirable "People United" pledge and onto the Get Bill! bandwagon. Like the jaws of a Pit Bull, dragging the entire Avalon forum down by refusing to let go and move on - move BACK - to important subjects.

I see no indication that Chicodoodoo is going to let up. I hope he does, and gets back on-track with the People United concept and moves forward. Otherwise, unless he wants to be accused of being a phony, he should change the name to People United As Soon As Bill Is Eviscerated, because that certainly seems to be his major issue in life right now. And Andy, you have posted nothing whatsoever to indicate you have any sincerity in overcoming the reign of the Global Rulers or anything remotely helping mankind, so don't be surprised when no one comes running to assist you in your one-track, Avalon denigrating mission.

The admins and mods have mostly light housekeeping duties on almost all of the forum - until yet another thread that attempts to steal the energy of the entire forum appears. Pretending these issues have urgency is like complaining about what awful food you had for breakfast while you're on a battlefield with bombs exploding around you.

Make a list of the 100 most important issues of our time on this Earth. No, this is not rhetorical, I'm asking anyone who thinks that bitching about former members (some who are self-proclaimed superstars but lack any evidence) of Avalon is one of the 100 or even 1000 most important issues of our short journey through this incarnation to actually make a list. If this is on your list, go start another forum and rant about it. We are ready to move on. We have other things to do, more important work to attend to.

Dennis

p.s. I'm personally very fed up with wasting time. I have a sense of urgency. You can look for me closing threads like this when they appear. I'm closing this one right now.

34. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Anchor (20th May 2011), crosby (20th May 2011), DeDukshyn (23rd May 2011), Donna O (20th May 2011), DoubleHelix (21st May 2011), Isthatso (31st May 2011), Jake (20th May 2011), karelia (20th May 2011), Mike (20th May 2011), panopticon (28th May 2011), PurpleLama (21st May 2011), Seikou-Kishi (20th May 2011), Sierra (20th May 2011), SKIBADABOMSKI (20th May 2011)

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 8