+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have something disappear and then reappear later? What do you make of it?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Mystique's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Anyone have something disappear and then reappear later? What do you make of it?

This is my first post (edit - thread) so bear with me as it progresses.

Last week I went to the gym wearing my black jacket, and put it in my locker. I discovered it had two inside pockets and didn't notice anything unusual about them, so I put my favorite earrings in one of the inside pockets and my necklace in a main pocket.

Later when I was leaving the gym, I felt the pockets and they were still there.

The following week, I was putting on the same jacket to go to the gym and went to get my jewelry from their pockets. They weren't there. I reached into the inside pockets and there were slits in the bottom of the seams, on both pockets, in the same places - like they were made that way.

I stuck my fingers through the slits, and checked all the pockets four times because I really loved these pieces and was so bummed they were gone. I wondered to myself how I could have lost them and really wanted them back. I put on another necklace and put it in one of the main pockets when I arrived at the gym.

I thought about asking the front desk at the gym whether they turned up - but thought better of it.

The next day I put on the jacket to take the dog for a walk, and felt something in the inside pocket. It was my earrings! The main pocket had BOTH necklaces in it! There were no slits in the inside pockets. They were stitched tight - like they were made that way.

I am baffled. There is no way anyone could have put them back in because I was alone all week, and live alone. And that wouldn't explain the no slits, slits, no slits.

I have had many mystical experiences when I have been out in nature or at ceremonies, but never anything this concrete and unexplainable in my daily life.

Is it possible that this reality is actually as malleable as our dream reality, but we have been conditioned to think it works within certain laws? Do those laws really "exist" outside of us in a way that governs our reality, or do we construct the laws within the paradigm of our collective and individual belief systems?

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Mystique; 23rd May 2011 at 04:18. Reason: change word
    "The Light of my Truth is my Sword."

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Mystique For This Post:

72MAV27 (23rd May 2011), Art (23rd May 2011), Black Panther (23rd May 2011), Carmen (22nd May 2011), DeDukshyn (23rd May 2011), DianeKJ (23rd May 2011), Garry Irwin (23rd May 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (23rd May 2011), Jake (23rd May 2011), jjl (11th June 2011), John Parslow (23rd May 2011), LuzOne (23rd May 2011), mosquito (23rd May 2011), NancyV (23rd May 2011), ponda (23rd May 2011), TWINCANS (23rd May 2011), ulli (23rd May 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,527 times in 1,560 posts

Default Re: Anyone have something disappear and then reappear later? What do you make of it?

I'd say it is malleable. Especially at this time of change. Changing our mind is changing a timeline. BTW congratulations on your first post. Something interesting and challenging! Thank you.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

DianeKJ (23rd May 2011), loveandgratitude (23rd May 2011), Mystique (23rd May 2011), NancyV (23rd May 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: Anyone have something disappear and then reappear later? What do you make of it?

I had change in my pocket once, (ya just once, lol) Then suddenly, all my change just fell down the inside of my pant leg and onto the floor and into my shoe. I thought it was odd that a hole could just sponatneously appear, that was large enough for all my change to instantly fall through ... but when I put my hand in the pocket -- no hole at all! I took my pants off to inspect it more closely, and there was no hole - not even a tiny tear ... So, I guess my story is a little different .. the hole appeared, then disappeared - or at least it seemed that way. I'm not sure what that was all about, but sounds similar to your story.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 23rd May 2011 at 00:05. Reason: spelling
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Art (23rd May 2011), DianeKJ (23rd May 2011), Mystique (23rd May 2011), NancyV (23rd May 2011), TWINCANS (23rd May 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Whilst I confess to be rather sceptical about timelines and consciousness in simple terms of tangibility, the possibility of parallel universes intrigues me. When you take a closer look at the abstract nature of quantum mechanics and the double-slit experiment, just about anything seems plausible.
    Last edited by jasontorque; 23rd May 2011 at 01:10.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jasontorque For This Post:

DianeKJ (23rd May 2011), Jake (23rd May 2011), Mystique (23rd May 2011), NancyV (23rd May 2011), TWINCANS (23rd May 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    England Avalon Member HURRITT ENYETO's Avatar
    Over the Moon Under the Sun. Manchester UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,333 times in 531 posts

Quote Posted by Mystique (here)
    This is my first post so bear with me as it progresses.

Last week I went to the gym wearing my black jacket, and put it in my locker. I discovered it had two inside pockets and didn't notice anything unusual about them, so I put my favorite earrings in one of the inside pockets and my necklace in a main pocket.

Later when I was leaving the gym, I felt the pockets and they were still there.

The following week, I was putting on the same jacket to go to the gym and went to get my jewelry from their pockets. They weren't there. I reached into the inside pockets and there were slits in the bottom of the seams, on both pockets, in the same places - like they were made that way.

I stuck my fingers through the slits, and checked all the pockets four times because I really loved these pieces and was so bummed they were gone. I wondered to myself how I could have lost them and really wanted them back. I put on another necklace and put it in one of the main pockets when I arrived at the gym.

I thought about asking the front desk at the gym whether they turned up - but thought better of it.

The next day I put on the jacket to take the dog for a walk, and felt something in the inside pocket. It was my earrings! The main pocket had BOTH necklaces in it! There were no slits in the inside pockets. They were stitched tight - like they were made that way.

I am baffled. There is no way anyone could have put them back in because I was alone all week, and live alone. And that wouldn't explain the no slits, slits, no slits.

I have had many mystical experiences when I have been out in nature or at ceremonies, but never anything this concrete and unexplainable in my daily life.

Is it possible that this reality is actually as malleable as our dream reality, but we have been conditioned to think it works within certain laws? Do those laws really "exist" outside of us in a way that governs our reality, or do we construct the laws within the paradigm of our collective and individual belief systems?

Any ideas?
    Has something mystical just happened because your post count says 114?

Hurritt

edit: Ahh you must of meant your 1st thread
    Nothing mystical after all. Congrats on ya first thread .
    Last edited by HURRITT ENYETO; 23rd May 2011 at 00:24.
    The Universe at its heart is a Phantom.
    God sleeps in the Minerals, Awakens in Plants, Walks in the Animals and Thinks in Man.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HURRITT ENYETO For This Post:

NancyV (23rd May 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

i had a similar experience once. i had put a spare key in my front jacket pocket. a few days later i went to check the pocket for the key and it wasn't there. only a small hole. i thought perhaps the key had fallen down inside the jacket somewhere but felt around for it forever and it never turned up. so i had to get a new apartment. also one time i remember being a young boy and my mom had bought this denim jacket for me at a garage sale. i put it on and checked the pockets and found an unlit m-80 fire cracker inside. you'd think people check for these things before they sell them. perhaps they did? perhaps they didn't see it. even my mom didn't find it. but i did? anyway i lit the firecracker and it was a dud.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scooterdubz For This Post:

Anno (23rd May 2011), DianeKJ (23rd May 2011), Mystique (23rd May 2011), NancyV (23rd May 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Happens to me all the time...
    which is why I live in a state of confusion, always searching for clarity...
    or maybe it happens because I'm obsessive about clarity- not too sure...

But I accept when it happens as I figure it's part of the great plan, and how spirit needs to time things.
    I'm such a control freak by nature and this kind of stuff throws me off my agenda, which means spirit can make little ajustments to my life, so that my visions can manifest...
    it's all part of the stuff we are talking about, re time lines...
    In your case it could have been a case of simply getting your attention and sharing your story...
    so that we all can share our experiences with linear time not flowing the way it's meant to...

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

DeDukshyn (24th May 2011), DianeKJ (23rd May 2011), mosquito (23rd May 2011), Mystique (23rd May 2011), NancyV (23rd May 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

I routinely have things disappear and reappear. I entertain multiple perspective as to why this is so, but my absolute favorite is illustrated by my signature.

16. Link to Post #9
    England Avalon Member Garry Irwin's Avatar
    Thanks

I can relate to this phenomena too...
    Small items have gone missing in the house on numerous occasions, only to turn up a while later in places where nobody would have purposely put them.
    It got to be so regular with the daughter's jewellery vanishing into thin air, that she would ask aloud for the pieces to be returned.
    Sure enough, a few days later the missing item would be found in a place where you would not have failed to see it.
    I haven't an explanation for this, I just know that if you ask for it to be returned - it will be.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Garry Irwin For This Post:

DianeKJ (23rd May 2011), Mystique (23rd May 2011), NancyV (23rd May 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

This happens to me too. But perhaps the most extreme example of this phenomenon which I've experienced is the following :-

I went to stay with my brother for a few days. One day my sister-in-law asked me to look for a caserole dish which they'd lost, it was a large one, quite useful and she missed it. It had disappeared about a year previously, she and my brother and their 3 children had all searched the entire kitchen, emptied all the cupboards and it was nowhere to be found. So I agreed to look and asked her where it should be. She showed me the cupboard and told me what the missing article looked like. I opened the cupboard, looked inside, picked up an object which fit the description and said "what, this ?" and of course that was indeed it. The entire family were completely flumoxed, and reiterated that they'd all individually searched that cupboard and the whole kitchen without success.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

DianeKJ (23rd May 2011), meeradas (23rd May 2011), Mystique (23rd May 2011), NancyV (23rd May 2011)

20. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

I am not sure if this helps, or even deemed related, but am inclined to comment -

When I am locating missing objects, particularly objects whos location should be obvious, I have developed a practice.

I visualize that some aspect of illusion is clouding my awareness of where/what things are and appear to be. I belt - used in this case to signify that it is not a yell, or a shout, but more a verbal "punch" emanating from the diaphram - the word "Kai" which I have come to recognize as the japanese word for "Release". I simultaneously clap my hands together hard in a prayer-type gesture. I allow the following silence to emanate for a moment, and then continue my search for what object(s) illude me.

In experience, I have located said items almost immediately, and at most a few minutes after doing so.

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member DianeKJ's Avatar
    Thanks

Yess this happens to me as well! Congrats on your first thread

So for many years I just assumed missing things were just the result of a brain cramp from the stress of losing and looking for something that was important at that moment. Often if I would just quiet my mind and ask for some assistance from guides, I would be able to locate what was lost. Sometimes I would go to sleep and dream about where to find things too.

Then for a while I thought it might be faeries taking my things, and it may still be. I only started thinking that because I would often find something in a place that I know I was looking directly at just a moment before.

Now the thing with your pockets... wow. It must be that we can shift those physical things. What happened to you adds a whole new layer to things for me~~ I really appreciate you sharing this!

much love,
    Di

22. The Following User Says Thank You to DianeKJ For This Post:

Mystique (23rd May 2011)

23. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    I routinely have things disappear and reappear. I entertain multiple perspective as to why this is so, but my absolute favorite is illustrated by my signature.
    I call them something similar to faeries.... the Little People. My children grew up seeing this happen to me so often that even now as adults they ask me if the Little People are still taking things and bringing them back. I figured there was no point in worrying about what was going on and occasionally I would talk harshly to them and say something like "DAM* IT! BRING THAT BACK, I'M GETTING EFFING PO'D! Then it would show up pretty quickly somewhere we had looked several times. We used to laugh about it all the time. Right now I'm missing a gold ring that belonged to my mother but I fully expect it will reappear soon. Maybe I better talk harshly to them again!

Nancy

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

DianeKJ (23rd May 2011), Mystique (23rd May 2011)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

Interesting topic and reminds me of a couple of incidents that happened to me fairly recently.

The first one occurred about 2-3 years ago.I went to bed one night and laid down.I was laying there when i heard some type of largish insect buzzing around the ceiling just outside of my bedroom door.I thought that i better go and try to catch it and put it outside.

I got up and turned on the hall light and looked up.Sure enough there it was....a large black wasp.It was buzzing around the ceiling and bumping into the walls every so often.I thought to myself,how am i going to catch this thing.

I was just standing there watching it when it bumped into the side wall and fell down to the floor beside me.I was still watching it when it suddenly just disappeared from right in front of me.It just literally disappeared right in front of me.It didn't fly under the carpet or behind the door.It disappeared.

Well it saved me from trying to catch it anyway.

Another incident which i often think about happened about 2 years ago.This one is very strange because it involved three humans.

I was traveling by taxi back from town with the weeks shopping one day.We were going along and getting closer to home and driving up this long winding hill climb.I knew the road very well as i used to walk up it once or twice a week for exercise.It was about 2 kilometers long.

Anyway we were heading up the hill and about halfway up when i noticed that there was another taxi parked off the road ahead of us.

Now the unusual thing here was the location where the cab was parked.There was a man beside the taxi and two other guys near to him.

The car was parked behind this 2 foot high and two foot wide stone barrier that went along beside the road.There is no way that you can get a car behind this barrier without lifting it over by crane or going in from the other side.

On the other side where the car was parked was a large wire fence.The lay of the ground here is steep and there are large pine trees close together.There is no possible way to get a car through from this side.I went back the next day and closely checked out the whole location.

As we first approached the taxi that day i immediately thought that it was very strange and mentioned this to the taxi driver.He just laughed as we drove past it.I watched the scene very closely as we drove by.The guys near the cab didn't appear to be doing anything,they were just sort of standing there.It wasn't an accident scene.The cab didn't appear to be damaged in any way.

Well i went back the next day and had a close look where the cab had been parked.There were no signs that a car had been parked there at all.There were no tire tracks anywhere.The grass was untouched.There was absolutely no vehicle access possible from the other side and no way over the barrier from the road side.There was no evidence that the car had somehow driven over the barrier.The barrier was untouched.

It had me completely baffled then and it still has.What was it doing there ? How did it get there ? Who were the guys etc ?

For a few months after that i used to always stop and look at the spot and try to work it out.The only way to get the car into that particular spot would be by crane.

I've come to the conclusion that the universe is a practicing comedian and likes to play gags on us poor humans.
    Last edited by ponda; 23rd May 2011 at 04:32.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ponda For This Post:

DianeKJ (23rd May 2011), LuzOne (23rd May 2011), NancyV (23rd May 2011)

27. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Mystique's Avatar
    Thanks

I have had numerous experiences in the past, like many of you have shared, of "losing" things, looking for them, then "finding" them later where I looked for them numerous times.

I have often wondered at the possibility that we literally create our physical environments with our minds, and if we forget to add a detail (i.e. keys on the counter, pen on the desk, checkbook in the purse, money in the wallet, etc) we then have to distract ourselves in order to put it back and then rationalize it in order to maintain continuity of experience. Even though I entertained that "possibility," this is such a concrete experience that it is challenging me to take it out of the "theory" realm to a the realm of how reality IS really a mental construct.

Perhaps this is why the Illuminati have to work so hard, for so many thousands of years, to get us to "believe" reality is an "out there" construct following the physical laws they allow to be printed in school books and taught in their educational systems so all of our mental power is given to an "out there" that does not exist.

I mean how can we perceive anything outside of the mind which we are perceiving inside the mind? Can we really perceive anything outside what we are perceiving with? How could we perceive it then?

I am still tripping about the whole thing though.
    Last edited by Mystique; 23rd May 2011 at 04:39.
    "The Light of my Truth is my Sword."

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mystique For This Post:

NancyV (23rd May 2011), ponda (23rd May 2011)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

From what i've seen anything is possible.Anything.

The laws of physics don't mean a thing in the bigger picture.This reality of ours is just another reality.That's all it is.

If we were to go say to another planet somewhere else in the universe then the realty there might be like what we think of as a fairy tale or science fiction.In these realties magic might be the new physics or something else that we can't even think of.

One day i seen the clouds form the perfect shape of a rearing horse.Like those in ancient greek sculptures.It wasn't a crude likeness.It was a perfect defined replica of a horse.After i seen it the clouds started to drift slowly away.I didn't have a camera on me and i never heard of anyone else that seen it.

One day i found a picture on the internet that someone had posted of a cloud formation of a grey alien.It was the perfect image of a grey alien in the form of a cloud.Yes it could of been photoshopped but after my experience with the horse formation i immediately thought that it was real.

Anything is possible IMHO.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ponda For This Post:

Mystique (23rd May 2011), NancyV (23rd May 2011)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Quote Posted by jasontorque (here)
    Whilst I confess to be rather sceptical about timelines and consciousness in simple terms of tangibility, the possibility of parallel universes intrigues me. When you take a closer look at the abstract nature of quantum mechanics and the double-slit experiment, just about anything seems plausible.
    I think this is exactly the truth. I watched a video as part of a workshop (regarding physics and consciousness) that highlighted the work of a man named Mark Comings. He is a physicist who had amazing spiritual breakthroughs and has dedicated himself to the physics of consciousness. I cannot find the video, but there is a decent write up of him here: http://www.zeropoint.ca/markcomings.htm

His work builds upon the concepts in the great work "The Tao of Physics" by F. Capra, which recognizes the similarities between ancient philosophies of the East, (regarding consciousness and creating your own reality) and modern physics. Which as jasontouque brought up, the double slit experiment proves the inseparability between the 'observer' and the 'observed', and that the wave function of light energy is 'cancelled out' by conscious observation, meaning that consciousness is what creates physical reality.

Without going too far off topic,,, (sorry Mystique, sometimes I ramble) The reason that I thought it was topical to this thread is because I remember in the presentation that he gave in Montreal, that he mentioned that the reason he began to question the current paradigm (yet changing rapidly) is because things started disappearing and re-appearing. Just like how folks are describing in this discussion.

One example that he gave was an object (I don't remember what it was), it was his wallet or keys, lets say 'keys',,, something that he definately had the night before. When he woke up, he got a phone call from his friend who was 800 miles away who was calling to tell him that he had found his keys. He had been there visiting a week earlier, but he did not forget his keys. He was using them all week. But his friend found them and sent them to him in the mail. He sighted several other examples of things disappearing and reappearing. It is what set off his entire awakening, as a scientist, it baffled him. He is a great speaker, and makes the physics of consciousness seem rather simple to understand... I wish I could find the video of the presentation. Anyways,, fascinating topic, Mystique, thanks for bringing it up.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

DeDukshyn (24th May 2011), jasontorque (23rd May 2011), NancyV (23rd May 2011), scooterdubz (23rd May 2011)

33. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

I also have another similar but different phenomenon, and that is with a small crystal I own I have had it for probably about 13-14 years. It can't be lost. It may disappear for long periods of time; were I may just one day pick it up in the parking lot, where it fell from my pocket weeks before, or pulling it out of the dirt in a planter 3 months after a move on strictly intuition. It gets lost, but is always found - and this is a constant (especially amazing with 3 kids, and I'm not overly organised). After several years of being without it, my GF found it recently somewhere in some obscure place; I keep it in my pocket now ... it's a little polished light coloured amethyst - always amused me =)
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Mystique (23rd May 2011), NancyV (23rd May 2011), scooterdubz (23rd May 2011)

35. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

I took out the 12 CD changer cartridge from my car. I sat it on the kitchen counter. The next day it was gone. I searched the house over. Could not find it. Weeks went by and yesterday I found it IN THE CAR!. I was sick of those CDs and would never have put it back without changing the discs, which were still there as before.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

Mystique (23rd May 2011)

37. Link to Post #20
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

This kind of thing has happened on many ocassions to me. Most recently, I went to my desk to use my PC and saw my Trackball was missing, quite an obvious object to look at with a red ball and silver surround. I used the PC the night before and didn't remember placing the mouse in any unusual place other than my desk. I sat at the desk and looked around, stood and looked around then turned my back from the desk. Within a couple of seconds I faced the desk again and saw the Trackball right in the middle of the desk!

My thoughts were; did I just not register the Trackball with my brain and it was in plain sight all the time, or, is it a question of dimensional reality in which I either manipulated or was manipulated for me?

38. The Following User Says Thank You to mesta0ptik For This Post:

Mystique (23rd May 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast