+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extra Terrestrial Languages - questions and thoughts

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Extra Terrestrial Languages - questions and thoughts

Know any? hehe. I'm wondering what forms of verbal communication exist between the different Extra Terrestrials.

How much of our language is derived from alien-speak?

Given that there various stories from different earth based cultures about language, the oldest ones all telling how they were instructed in the arts of science maths and language by ET, such as Oannes (purportedly an emissary of Enki) in Sumer who taught Cuneform. Though in Africa his race was known as the Dagon as far as i can tell presently.

Do you think there will be a resurgence in "dead" languages (or a evolution of such) in the popular domain as the presences of ET's saturates into the public consciousness?

Or will the typically pig-thick mono-linguistic majority of English speakers expect ET to do all the translating?

I get excited about the idea of learning an ET language, or hearing the words of the ancients spoken aloud in a correct manner.. Just understanding/comprehending the concepts and nuances of the words and the symbolism they represent.. :D

What other languages do you think may have origins from advanced cultures or species?

Perhaps you think that words will be mostly unneeded as other forms of communication will prove to be vastly more descriptive and specific. If you've had experience with communicating with Aliens, through what medium was it?

- If you are an Extra terrestrial, with knowledge of your culture.. How many languages do you speak among your peers? How do you prefer to communicate? Do you consider speech a beautiful thing? Is there a Babel-Fish? Or is it just a case of conscious awareness?

2. Link to Post #2
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 times in 518 posts

Default Re: Extra Terrestrial Languages - questions and thoughts

Erm i dont want to be so negative but its ok to learn about new language but its not that big of a deal. Here in this planet we have Awsome languages. We shouldnt get on a Alien this alien that trend.... We are humans and we need to remember this.

I am sure some of the languages have alien roots but that is what makes us human ... we evolved from or with the help of aliens but we are not them.

We are humans so lets learn our languages first hehe

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

I dont understand your point? Its wrong to be interested in learning other languages of Extra terrestrials or its wrong to make a post about it? Either way i think thats pretty ridiculous. You of course speak for yourself, do you speak many languages?

What makes you Human? The ET root of some earth based languages? What?! What the hell is wrong with learning alien languages?

Make im sleepy but i totally dont udnerstand the point of your post other than "to be so negative"

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

The tone of your reply is insinuating its stupid to even ask such questions. Is that your position? If so, do you think that is incredibly arrogant and narrow minded?

Why should some one favour learning, say, Welsh over Gallassian ? Because, as you put it, Its an "evolved Human" language? wut?

What defines a human language?

What about the languages of Humans and Humanoids not on this planet?

If there are aliens interacting on this planet, and there are (and im sure some have some pretty fantastic "society" structures - i.e alternative to monetary system?) do you not think it important to learn their language? Ok, thats your decision if not, but consider that it might be a positive step in interplanetary relations etc.

Alien trends? what? Im asking a perfectly rational question here, im not some crazy banner waving kid. Can you not see in the future that ET languages be taught in further/ higher education? Why should studying Spanish be more valued?

Im perplexed by your attitude.
    Last edited by Baelsfire; 15th May 2010 at 09:45.

5. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Here's my view, if you want to learn an alien language it's not so different from learning any other language of this planet... however, to speak it out loud depends on the biological properties of the species to be able to make 'the sound' it should sound like when spoken...

Now, think about this.

If humans from this planet come from an alien source long ago, wouldn't their language and habits and culture also come from alien source?
    Take for example the Asian languages like Chinese and Japanese. It is perfectly acceptable to think that such a language comes from a highly advanced civilization that came here to this planet long ago from a distant planet.

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Maybe most of them dont use a verbal language , apart from talking to 3d folk like us ? Its my understanding that a lot of them communicate telepathically

John

7. Link to Post #7
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 times in 518 posts

Quote Posted by Baelsfire (here)

I am sorry if you missunderstand me. I never said its pointless or its wrong. I just think we shouldnt fantasies and be so eager to learn about them when we barely know about us. I am not talking personaly to you ... i just dont want us ending up worshiping them... they are just beings like us nothing more nothing less. They just have found who they are a lot sooner than us.

For example i see hole countries forgetting their language and try to talk/embrace english/western way of thinking/life ... i see this here in greece also. We have forgotten who we are (not that we are different or superior or anything like that). Each of us is what we are because of where we grew up. I hate it when we become something we are not.

I am sorry if i offended you i never intented to do so.

8. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

This is a good thread because I got sumthing else i want you to think about.

If there was alien music. How would it sound like? Could we even hear the sound? Do they have music at all? And this goes for general entertainment aswell xD

Toughts?

9. Link to Post #9
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 times in 398 posts

Quote Posted by john.d (here)
    Maybe most of them dont use a verbal language , apart from talking to 3d folk like us ? Its my understanding that a lot of them communicate telepathically

John
    Yes, the advanced mono/multi babel-path. It will require from you to become telepathic.
    But thats sooo far out and difficult, isnt it?

10. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

etherios,

don't think baelsfire meant to get socio-political...

in response to your comment - we carry our worlds where ever we may be, what ever language we may choose to speak...in other words, you don't lose your inherent identity unless you forgo it by choice or through reckless negligence...it's a matter of self respect, in some cases conditioning...

baelsfire,

i share your interst and would really like to crack that one...spoken language is a feature that in essence tells us apart from other species on this planet...regardless of how adequate communication may be between say dolphins, lemures etc., still, it is only us humans that developed larynges quite suddenly during the evolution - to enable fine clarification of thoughts...poetry never looked back...

i am guessing that et-sian must be both spoken/written and direct/telepathic...and that it's to do with actual frequencies of individual signs and words...very close to our given, though in case of telepathy not always exploited potential..

maybe see this thread:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...e-Angels/page2

l
    Last edited by lightblue; 17th May 2010 at 21:28. Reason: mispelled

11. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by SkepticSoul (here)
    This is a good thread because I got sumthing else i want you to think about.

If there was alien music. How would it sound like? Could we even hear the sound? Do they have music at all? And this goes for general entertainment aswell xD

Toughts?
    I wanna jam with an ET

12. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 times in 341 posts

languages (human) are not always lost through "negligence" or "choice...."
    they are can be OUTLAWED by powers of authority that feel threatened by their existence.
    particularly small isles in the mediterranean sea...
    perhaps this is related to currency changes (ie conversion to euro) and why museums/libraries are looted and stolen from in wars.
    I wonder why?
    I agree, this is a good post and worthy to explore more fully...
    we are all seeded from varying ET "cultures" and we also have the capacity to communicate telepathically.......

ET Berlitz Language school may also be a sassy investment for shareholders

13. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

lunaflare,

Quote languages (human) are not always lost through "negligence" or "choice...."
    they are can be OUTLAWED by powers of authority that feel threatened by their existence.
    i accept, i should have added violence

Quote .in other words, you don't lose your inherent identity unless you forgo it by choice or through reckless negligence...it's a matter of self respect, in some cases conditioning and violence...
    l

14. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by john.d (here)

John
    This resonates with me, john.d! Very interesting, and intriguing point! Whenever I think of alien languages, the same question eventually arises: what if the language as a form of communication we know of, actually presents a barrier ... a cause of misunderstanding ... it could be our true disadvantage ... like a hurdle given to the species to be outgrown, so we could evolve ... Am I being too confusing? Perhaps they converse through a pure vibration – tuning into the energy field of other beings ... blending, melting ... simply just “knowing it” ... feeling it ... maybe they understand each other through a sense of touch, or by the means of gazing into the Soul ... like john.d said: "telepathically " ... This always excited me, this idea of other means of communication beside the speech ... Interesting thread, by the way. Thanks.
    Peace and Love for all!
    "When I don't know who I am, I follow You
    When I know who I am, You & I are One"

15. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

see this

a brazilian man talks about his conversation with the e.t. man and women…very convincing…he blew his chances though - he kept seeing red when he was meant to see gold...

the interpreter gets ravaged by mosquitoes..l

Last edited by lightblue; 17th May 2010 at 22:10.

+ Reply to Thread