+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 4 7 LastLast

Thread: Swearing, how do you perceive it?

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,723 times in 966 posts

Default Re: Swearing, how do you perceive it?

Quote Posted by ceetee9 (here)
    Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    Swearing is preformed by a mind that is not functioning correctly. The words do have power not only to the hearer but to the speaker. They seek out foulness instead of intelligent cogent conversation. Many are fixated on it. Is a mental fixation ever normal?

In homeopathy swearing is a symptom that is taken into consideration for the selection of a constitutional remedy. If the correct remedy is selected the swearing will stop as the mind is no longer fixated on such negativity but has opened its channels to other avenues of communication.

Words are symbols and symbols carry power... how one allows that power to affect them is individual. some people are very weak and you could blow my mother over with swear words if you wanted to. It is negativity that tones and qualifies reality for many of us and we get to observe untold negativity in the news as well as out of the mouths of our friends and associates.

Why induce images of rape, feces, anger, assault on god and insult to anothers mother? what is it in ones mind that is drawn to such forms of communication?
    Arrowwind, I couldn't disagree with you more. It has been my experience that most of the people I know who do not swear have fairly rigid religious beliefs while most of those I know who do swear do not. This observation in no way confers a properly functioning or more intelligent mind on the part of the non-swearer and an improperly functioning or inferior mind on the part of the swearer; nor does it infer that the non-swearer is good and the swearer is bad. An argument can be made, however, that the difference between the two groups of people has more to do with their belief systems and social environments and/or upbringing.

I think it is also quite self-evident that words and symbols have no power in and of themselves and that it is the perceiver of the words and symbols who determines the power and efficacy of the communication and understanding. For example, if I was a physicist and you were not and I gave you a very cogent explanation of quantum mechanics complete with supporting mathematical equations (i.e., symbols) and you failed to understand, would you argue that the words and symbols conveyed a negative power or that I had an improperly functioning mind? I would hope not. They had no power (negative or positive) because they were meaningless to you. The same holds true when we both speak the same language. For example, let's assume we are friends and I said "you f@#*ing dumb@ss, what a ridiculous statement." You might consider the words an attack, or you might consider the words just my colorful way of saying 'I love you man, but come on you don't seriously believe that do you' (i.e., a friendly disagreement) as I intended the message to convey. The words are the same in both cases, but it is you, the receiver of the words, who decided, in the first case, that the words were negative and intended as an attack (by a now ex-friend who has an ill functioning mind and/or low IQ--no doubt), or, in the second case, that it was just your friend's way of expressing himself in his usual raunchy manner.

If when someone uses profanity around you and it conjures up images of 'rape, feces, anger, assault on God, or an insult to another's mother,' I contend that it is you who are imagining that. It may or may not have been the intent of the profaner, but to automatically assume that that was the intent simply because of the choice of words used says more about YOUR state of mind than the mind of the profaner.

Arguing whether the use of profanity is bad or good, is a symptom of an improperly functioning mind, or cannot convey an intelligent conversation is pointless since these arguments are purely subjective. For those of us who are less judgmental and can reason beyond the "foul" words, the profanity has little or no impact on us (unless, of course, it is clear the intent was an attack) and for those who are more judgmental and whose reasoning stops the moment they hear an offensive word, the profanity inhibits their ability to understand the message. It is for this reason that I choose to be more selective as to when and where I use profanity, as I generally want my message to be heard and understood.

However, I still find it extremely troubling that it is always those who get it that must change their ways so that those who don't get it aren't offended. I'm offended by those who are so judgmental and thin-skinned that I must walk on egg shells while in their presence so as not to make them "feel" uncomfortable or offended or view me in a negative light simply because of their intolerant beliefs. In my opinion, we could communicate much more effectively if we ALL focused more on what the message was saying rather than on the way it was said.
    I totally agree with you, ceetee! Very well stated! It is the perception of the receiver which determines the power of any word. In fact I would go so far as to say that one need not be affected by the word OR the intention of the sender if they choose to remain untouched. In both curses and blessings it is the intention, the belief of the one who curses or blesses that gives it power and almost always the belief of the receiver which allows the intention of the sender to affect them.

There are some whose intentions are so powerful that the energy they send can affect others at a distance. Most curses and blessings need the belief of the receiver to have an impact unless the sender is very focused and forceful. But if you can feel the energy that is being sent to you, you can still choose to not accept it. A few months ago I had a situation where I was being sent some powerful negative energy. It took me a few hours to realize that it wasn't me, I wasn't sick or depressed. It was an imposed energy or curse being sent TO me. At that point I began turning the energy around by refusing to accept it.

This is one reason why curses work in banishing negative spirits or beings, because they believe in the power of negative energy. The more beliefs we cling to, the more easily we are able to be manipulated and influenced. Being neutral, not caring, not being attached, rejecting fear... this is the true power position. It is a lifelong battle to ferret out your areas of weakness, acknowledge them and attempt to both gain control and let go of control, to care and not care at the same time. Being offended gives away our power. It gives another power over our emotions, our energy. Judgments of good and bad are irrelevant and counter productive. It's all about energy and intention and we each have total control over our own energy.

Nancy

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

9eagle9 (25th May 2011), Anchor (25th May 2011), ceetee9 (25th May 2011), dmarie (25th May 2011), Fred Steeves (25th May 2011), janus (25th May 2011), pickle (25th May 2011), Sebastion (26th May 2011), Sierra (26th May 2011)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,039 times in 3,786 posts

You got it Ceetee, I''m thinking all this spiritual fluff fed down everyoen's throats makes them weaker not stronger. Because its fluff. Flimsy. Thin skinned. i know people who won't use a public bathroom without invoking a host of archangels. I'm pretty sure that this isn't what its supposed to be about. Spirituality is supposed to make you stronger. If a little swear word has people erupting I can't imagine what will occur if they were confronted with something with some real teeth.

Quote Posted by ceetee9 (here)
    Swearing is preformed by a mind that is not functioning correctly. The words do have power not only to the hearer but to the speaker. They seek out foulness instead of intelligent cogent conversation. Many are fixated on it. Is a mental fixation ever normal?

In homeopathy swearing is a symptom that is taken into consideration for the selection of a constitutional remedy. If the correct remedy is selected the swearing will stop as the mind is no longer fixated on such negativity but has opened its channels to other avenues of communication.

Words are symbols and symbols carry power... how one allows that power to affect them is individual. some people are very weak and you could blow my mother over with swear words if you wanted to. It is negativity that tones and qualifies reality for many of us and we get to observe untold negativity in the news as well as out of the mouths of our friends and associates.

Why induce images of rape, feces, anger, assault on god and insult to anothers mother? what is it in ones mind that is drawn to such forms of communication?
    Arrowwind, I couldn't disagree with you more. It has been my experience that most of the people I know who do not swear have fairly rigid religious beliefs while most of those I know who do swear do not. This observation in no way confers a properly functioning or more intelligent mind on the part of the non-swearer and an improperly functioning or inferior mind on the part of the swearer; nor does it infer that the non-swearer is good and the swearer is bad. An argument can be made, however, that the difference between the two groups of people has more to do with their belief systems and social environments and/or upbringing.

I think it is also quite self-evident that words and symbols have no power in and of themselves and that it is the perceiver of the words and symbols who determines the power and efficacy of the communication and understanding. For example, if I was a physicist and you were not and I gave you a very cogent explanation of quantum mechanics complete with supporting mathematical equations (i.e., symbols) and you failed to understand, would you argue that the words and symbols conveyed a negative power or that I had an improperly functioning mind? I would hope not. They had no power (negative or positive) because they were meaningless to you. The same holds true when we both speak the same language. For example, let's assume we are friends and I said "you f@#*ing dumb@ss, what a ridiculous statement." You might consider the words an attack, or you might consider the words just my colorful way of saying 'I love you man, but come on you don't seriously believe that do you' (i.e., a friendly disagreement) as I intended the message to convey. The words are the same in both cases, but it is you, the receiver of the words, who decided, in the first case, that the words were negative and intended as an attack (by a now ex-friend who has an ill functioning mind and/or low IQ--no doubt), or, in the second case, that it was just your friend's way of expressing himself in his usual raunchy manner.

If when someone uses profanity around you and it conjures up images of 'rape, feces, anger, assault on God, or an insult to another's mother,' I contend that it is you who are imagining that. It may or may not have been the intent of the profaner, but to automatically assume that that was the intent simply because of the choice of words used says more about YOUR state of mind than the mind of the profaner.

Arguing whether the use of profanity is bad or good, is a symptom of an improperly functioning mind, or cannot convey an intelligent conversation is pointless since these arguments are purely subjective. For those of us who are less judgmental and can reason beyond the "foul" words, the profanity has little or no impact on us (unless, of course, it is clear the intent was an attack) and for those who are more judgmental and whose reasoning stops the moment they hear an offensive word, the profanity inhibits their ability to understand the message. It is for this reason that I choose to be more selective as to when and where I use profanity, as I generally want my message to be heard and understood.

However, I still find it extremely troubling that it is always those who get it that must change their ways so that those who don't get it aren't offended. I'm offended by those who are so judgmental and thin-skinned that I must walk on egg shells while in their presence so as not to make them "feel" uncomfortable or offended or view me in a negative light simply because of their intolerant beliefs. In my opinion, we could communicate much more effectively if we ALL focused more on what the message was saying rather than on the way it was said.

4. Link to Post #63
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

This reminds me of a dream I had this morning. My most memorable and most vivid dreams are just before I wake and this one was no exception. I was in a stark white room that belonged to this other woman...in this room words appeared as "posts" by those that she had spoken to verbally or read in an email, etc. She would bring the words to this room for several reasons....one being that she could view the words without all the disturbances going on around her so that she could see them clearly. Secondly, the words have energy as everything does, but by bringing them into this space their was no energy "ciphering" from either end. Much of what people say verbally or on forum or email, what have you, is to receive energy back and some are almost like black holes. I'm sure we all have experienced this before. Anyway, I did notice the small amount of energy that came off the words and in this space she able to accept that energy if she so desired in anyway she wanted (not as the other person had intended.) When words are used against us if we take it as it was intended by the user we can get hurt, but, if we see it as just words with nothing but the energy of a word not their intention there is nothing behind it....their intention has then been blocked and they have no power over us. They are just words.

I think this visual of the white room and bring in what others say to you can be helpful those that are having a difficult time seeing/hearing certain words and feeling the energy that they themselves are putting behind it and/or the user of those words.

I hope that made some sense LOL

And I thoroughly agree that I feel that people that are free with expressing themselves are so much more authentic of a being than someone who is always biting their tongue. Their energy runs freer and allows yours to do the same as you don't feel "their" restrictions.

I posted a Bill Maher clip on my FB page yesterday that may offend some, but I've come to the conclusion that if someone offends you then that is something you need to look at yourself...within you...it has nothing to do with me.
    Last edited by dmarie; 25th May 2011 at 18:22.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dmarie For This Post:

NancyV (25th May 2011)

6. Link to Post #64
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,276 posts

You f**kin nuggets still talking about this s**t?
    F**k me, but I didn't think this s**t was that interesting.

7. Link to Post #65
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,399 times in 1,148 posts

I think it depends on the context and whether the swearing is a personal attack on someone. Most of the time I don't care about swearing but it does irritate me when people swear constantly or seem incapable of comminicating without swearing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Sierra (26th May 2011)

9. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

hi firstlook i just thouhgt id give you the english perspective on swearing, when we use the toilet we dont sh+t we have a poo and if you should stub your toe we would say"oh bother",likewise if a scoundrel were to steal your wallet you would rebuke him like this" i say you bounder give it back or i will be forced to call a bobby," personaly i never swear and i have green skin and a unicorns horn on my head.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ecnal61 For This Post:

janus (25th May 2011), NancyV (25th May 2011), shadowstalker (25th May 2011), Sierra (26th May 2011)

11. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,791 times in 665 posts

I'm sure President O'bama does not and would not resort to using such expletives.

Even when referring to the most difficult Head of Government.
    Sapere aude

12. Link to Post #68
    Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,586 times in 2,861 posts

I guess it's all a matter of who says what for what reason.
    I mean people think the word Hell is a cuss word, or the "P" or "D" word when all they are are body parts that no one wants to know about but use all the time. Shoot my daughters fave word when she was 5 was the "P" word thanks to a so called friend who let her watch From Dusk Till Dawn one night when I was out. she use to turn it into a song till I told her what it really was , then it wasn't her fave word anymore, LOL...

P.S.
    1.)What is considered a cuss word these days anyway?
    2.)Why do we consider them cuss words anyhow?
    3.)What is considered to many cuss words in one sentence anyhow?
    4.)Who's bright idea that these where considered cuss words anyhow?

Originally cuss words where words considered profanity against god.

Well then why is is Hell a cuss word if god supposedly created it to put bad people in?

My daughter's fave saying now is
    "Penis, get your penis, right up the pooper..."
    It makes me laugh all the time cus she says it in a tinie voice...LOL
    Last edited by shadowstalker; 25th May 2011 at 21:00.
    Namaste-Matte
    Jurjana, Jana, Jan, Ana :thumb:

[URL="https://www.bitchute.com/channel/9zKUUFq4lmoY/"]My Bitchute[/URL]
    [URL="https://shadowstalker.bandcamp.com/releases"]My Music[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/shadowstalker"]My Books[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/shadowstalker2011"]Project: Shadowstalker[/URL]

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

NancyV (25th May 2011), Sierra (26th May 2011)

14. Link to Post #69
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,494 times in 2,609 posts

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)
    Swearing is preformed by a mind that is not functioning correctly.
    If you added IM(H)O I'd have no beef with this statement. But you appear to be stating it as fact. My mind has been functioning quite fine when swearing. I perceive the words as any other word. How can you make this claim without being in other's minds? I strongly disagree. Words are highly relative. It's not as simple as you put it IMHO
    I make this assumption due to homoepathy as I have seen that constitutional treatment can alleviate people from chronic swearing.

On the other hand... many here aspire for ascension. Some follow masters, others seek god. I do not think, for example that Jesus would have gotten as far as he did if he was swearing all the time. How do you related the teachings of love if they are imbedded in cuss words?

If you are evolving why would you be attracted to words that project images of pain? Why would you project words that reflect pain or insult or filth to anyone at any time? even if the word were not projected at anyone particular?

The words do have power not only to the hearer but to the speaker. They seek out foulness instead of intelligent cogent conversation.
    I think you are too caught up in your own version of reality to be honest. I do not seek foulness while swearing, nor do I perceive them as foul alone. This is your own subjective view on it. You state it as fact though, oddly enough... Maybe you just forgot to add "IMO"
    Just how subjective is it when I take a cuss word and look it up in the dictonary and it tells me of its intrinsic nature, its meaning? this is subjective? On the contrary, I think you are desensitized to the meaning and power of words

[QUOTE=Omniverse;227410]
    Many are fixated on it. Is a mental fixation ever normal?
    I think in 2011 humans here, mental fixations are "normal", yes. I am not fixated on it though. It's just a way of expressing myself. People like you are why I don't do it as much as I used to. Your perception treats it as foulness, and so I do not want you to view me as foul(erroneously). So I restrict my expression to suit your perception, as to better see who I am, and not be fooled by your own (potential)illusions of swearing[quote]

Just because many are fixated does not mean that it is normal or even healthy. People like me? you assume you know me well.

People will respond often times to the meaning of words... although granted, with swearing we have learned to be desentized to the meaning, for who wants to be hit with stuff like that all the tilme. Swearing is a form of abuse. Desentization is the method that people develop to deal with it.

Swearing isn't negative in my mental coding. Your mental coding is not universal....
    My opinion is that your mental coding is disturbed.

I don't swear around old people, or very young people. I wouldn't judge them as "weak" for allowing swear words to affect them personally. Just wired differently.
    They are weak in that they have not developed a defense mechinism. This form of weakness is not necessarily bad. I often wonder why it is that we have to live in a culture that drives us to develop defense mechinisms.....when things are painful we develop defense mechinisms. Blocking out and ignoring the meaning of things is a defense tactic.

With regard to my mother she would feel the impact of the intended and actual meaning of the word every single time. She never desensitized... and why should she? Many times a swear word is ment to convey exactly what is says. Desensitizing would lend to not perceiving reality exactly as some one it expressing it, therefor leaving you vulnerable when actual intent is negative.

Why would you honor and respect the young and the old by not swearing around them and all those in between must be subject to your swearing? Is there a magic age when they can endure swearing better? or are your peers less deserving some how?

Why induce images of rape, feces, anger, assault on god and insult to another's mother? what is it in ones mind that is drawn to such forms of communication?
    I don't think of rape, feces, anger, assault, etc when swearing. And I wouldn't swear around your mother. I do it intuitively. Words hold the energy we apply to them. Swear words are not negative to me unless they are used negatively. As many have said, it depends on the context. One judgment does not fit all.

Judging by your post I bet you have judged people as not mentally sound, and foul, just by them using words you have judgmental views about. I think the problem is more likely to be in your perception, than them, to be quite honest. No offense intended. Just speaking my opinion, as you are.
    Yes, we all have our opinions.

to me sh^t is sh^t no matter if it is projected with anger or not.
    F...k is a sexual act performed without love.
    son of a b^tch projects images of ....
    A$$ hole is just that... and as far as I know the term always projects a negative.
    The word rectum or anus does not project the same vibration and the intent is clearly different.

these words have meaning

An occasional cuss word cast out does not throw me off my center. Put I know a number of people where every conversation they have is filled with them.

My sister in law, who is a very creative and compassionate person swears continually. When she visited us when my mother was living with us it really wore on my mother.. and really, I didn't find it too pleasant either but I woul not have said anything but When my mother expressed to me that she was having a hard time coping with it I took it upon myself to discuss this with my sister in law... well. she didn't take it too well. She did stop cursing during her visit... but I don't think she ever forgave me. If I thought I would need her forgiveness I wouldn't have brought the issue up. I saw no reason that my mother should have to be plagued by her insensivitiy for the rest of the week. Personally I rather spend my time speaking with people who have larger vocabularies and seek a higher vibrational quality in all their communication.

I do not think that swearing means that you are a bad person. I do view it a a lack of consciousness in communicaiton and with an inability to commuicate coherently and creatively, in a vibration of love and acceptance, that projects positive vibrations even during adversity.
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 25th May 2011 at 21:21.

15. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mariposafe (here)
    [Yes Arrowind, swearing is indeed a symptom in the homoeopathic repertory, as is just about everything else that a human can say, do or think. A good homoeopath does not interpret symptoms and signs as either positive or negative, they just are.

So 3 cheers for all those wonderful words which enrich our language !!
    yes, and it indicates and imbalance in the mental state. ... this is not the occassional cuss that is sometimes tossed about, but in those people who imbue every paragraph with a swear word. When the right remedy is selected and given the swearing vanishes... as the mental computer can access other avenuse of communication.

the power of words is in our mutal agreement to their meaning.

agreed. if I have a conversation with a nuculear physisist I would not be insulted even though I do not understand all the words as they are words I am not familiar with. To me they are just empty words until the concepts that they carry are integrated into my mind.

but curse words... we all know the meaning... and it has been collectively agreed upon and recorded. If you choose to use them then you knowingly accept the agreement and project that ideation into the world.
    You could spend your time doing something else of better quality.
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 25th May 2011 at 21:20.

16. Link to Post #71
    Thanks

Ascension has more to do with letting go of the meanings of material world constructs (like swearing) than giving them further meaning no matter how much emphasis. More Matrix game world encording by division. This means this and this means that. The F word has a meaning, its an acronym. Its not even a word. You've assigned a different meaning to it and there for created a emo reaction to that made up meaning.

That's how it became a dirty word in the first place.

And this is how we stay in the game.

5hit is also acroynym. But people keep INSISTING it means something other than what it is to support their world view. And thats how we stay in the game. If you don't like swear words fine, but dont' attach anymore material world meaning to them than the already have. That just keeps YOU (not the swear users) in the game.

Is Shadowstalkers some mentally and energetically unbalanced child because she uses potty language. I highly doubt it. As soon as there is no reaction or 'meaning' given to the useage she'll get as bored with it as my daughter did.

Like anything swearing only has the meaning one puts on it.

At some point we may arrive in our evolution and find all language and how its been used has been a curse upon us as Jordan Maxwell is beginning to unveil for us.

17. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    Thanks Omni,, for bringing this up. I guess there is a time and place for everything. I do not mind using swear words if it is in the appropriate context. Especially if it is a private conversation. Plus I try not to swear around children. As I grow older, I find that I am not swearing as much. I try to not get offended too much. Has anyone heard of OSHO? His flavor of teaching is right up my alley. Here is a short video that is right on topic. OSHO explains that when you take the word 'god' out of the everyday language and/or jargon, then it creates a vaccuum for other colorful words. I don't necessarily agree with him, but he makes a good case,,, funny too.

Yes, I love Bhagwan and this certainly was intertaining here as he generally is. He is a great communicator and I have read many of his books and listened to his lectures. I never saw that he put the work **** in print in one of his books and I don't recall it in his lectures either... except of course this humerous little piece.
    It obviously was a word that he did not find much use for.

18. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    Ascension has more to do with letting go of the meanings of material world constructs (like swearing) than giving them further meaning no matter how much emphasis. More Matrix game world encording by division. This means this and this means that. The F word has a meaning, its an acronym. Its not even a word. You've assigned a different meaning to it and there for created a emo reaction to that made up meaning.

5hit is also acroynym. But people keep INSISTING it means something other than what it is to support their world view. And thats how we stay in the game. If you don't like swear words fine, but dont' attach anymore material world meaning to them than the already have. That just keeps YOU (not the swear users) in the game.

Since when is 5hit an acronym? or F..k? there are recording definations for these words in dictonaries. they are agreed upon meanings by cultures... not acronyms

here is a defination of acronym.

acronym - definition of acronym by the Free Online Dictionary ...
    A word formed from the initial letters of a name, such as WAC for Women's Army Corps, or by combining initial letters or parts of a series of words, ...

here is a defination of sh^t
    **** | Define **** at Dictionary.com
    com\
    Show Spelled [sh^t] Show IPA noun, verb, sh^t or shat, sh^t·ting, interjection Vulgar. –noun. 1. excrement; feces. 2. an act of defecating; ...

Acesnsion has to do with working energy and creating beauty around you in all that you are and all that you do...IMHO....that includes projecting beauty to the world... what ever world you may be in.

19. Link to Post #74
    Thanks

I've been actually thinking about this lately because I'm trying to be a better, "enlightened" person but still I swear a lot. Does it have a negative effect on me? I don't know. Maybe if I was a more balanced person, I wouldn't have the need to swear so much. Then again, I would bore myself to death if I was always calm and collected and spoke elegant words. Maybe it's a personality issue and has nothing to do with your spiritual state. To me it's mostly a nasty habit. I don't wanna sound like a teenager so I try to reduce my swearing. No offence to teenagers - most of them are smarter than adults.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sophie For This Post:

Sierra (26th May 2011)

21. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,143 times in 3,647 posts

Hey Omniverse,
    Years ago, someone told me that cuss words have low vibrations. So, by swearing at someone, you could be lowering their vibes.... I didn't cuss for the longest time after learning that. And I tried to look for more imaginative ways to express my emotions. I was doing real well until my son's friend came to live with us. Boy could those 2 cuss up a storm...! I learned one thing. Cussing just didn't feel right for me. Neither did it satisfy my anger when I tried to express it with a few choice words. But I limit myself, but that's the right thing for me.
    I think if a person uses cuss words like a weapon with intentions of hurting someone, that that might be wrong. But people who are okay with it, what's the harm?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Sierra (26th May 2011)

23. Link to Post #76
    Thanks

5HIT. An acronym posted way upthread as SHIP IN HIGH TRANSIT. It's shipping nomenclature no longer used.

F*CK. For unlawful carnal knowledge. Fornicate under kings rules. There is a great deal of debate if this is the actual source etymology of the word but....even if its not. More exploration of what words actually mean rather than the random assignments the ignorant put on them would let people know the English language is derived in part from Germanic languages.

Fokken, fukka both words mean to beget or copulate. Why are those such dirty words. Because people like to attach their own meaning to things.

Learn the etymology of words and they are suddenly not so scary.

Languages shift for that reason.

Creating beauty may mean Ascension to some but assigning filth unnecessarily is not creating beauty.

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)

Since when is 5hit an acronym? or F..k? there are recording definations for these words in dictonaries. they are agreed upon meanings by cultures... not acronyms

here is a defination of acronym.

acronym - definition of acronym by the Free Online Dictionary ...
    A word formed from the initial letters of a name, such as WAC for Women's Army Corps, or by combining initial letters or parts of a series of words, ...

here is a defination of sh^t
    **** | Define **** at Dictionary.com
    com\
    Show Spelled [sh^t] Show IPA noun, verb, sh^t or shat, sh^t·ting, interjection Vulgar. –noun. 1. excrement; feces. 2. an act of defecating; ...

Acesnsion has to do with working energy and creating beauty around you in all that you are and all that you do...IMHO....that includes projecting beauty to the world... what ever world you may be in.

24. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sophie (here)
    I've been actually thinking about this lately because I'm trying to be a better, "enlightened" person but still I swear a lot. Does it have a negative effect on me? I don't know. Maybe if I was a more balanced person, I wouldn't have the need to swear so much. Then again, I would bore myself to death if I was always calm and collected and spoke elegant words. Maybe it's a personality issue and has nothing to do with your spiritual state. To me it's mostly a nasty habit. I don't wanna sound like a teenager so I try to reduce my swearing. No offence to teenagers - most of them are smarter than adults.
    Yeah how could it have something to do with spirit. If the spiritual vibration is that easily disturbed there's no point in having a 'better' part of ourselves. . Nothing can lower your vibration but you. Most of what people percieve of as vibrational anomalies are really emotional reactions. When I have emo reaction to something, anything said its up to me go inside and find what it is I'm reacting to.

If someone doing anything lowered my vibration I'd have a notion I have some work to do on myself somewhere and periodically that happens. There are various kinds of people I find off putting but I have a choice to avoid them, not change them. Or assign them as bad. Its not even their vibration its their emotional crud, and their accompanying behaviors. I choose to see the spirit but avoid their emo state and behaviors. That's their crud to work out. Doesn't have anything to do with me or my vibration.

25. Link to Post #78
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 times in 294 posts

So many bad occasions a swear word can be used for... to drive a point home maybe, and certainly to hurt someone that they are directed at..... but surely mature people can discern occasions where swear words and great timing can be incredibly funny - so as far as ascension is concerned, doesn't bringing laughter into people's lives count? Don't our higher selves/beings/guides know when there's love in our heart when we use words to colour-in a tale, to tell a good story?

Sheesh, I'm beginning to wonder if I won't ascend 'cos my youngest crys with laughter when he pulls my finger. Bollocks, I'll stay here, fart at will, and enjoy a harmless giggle, just give me a wave from 'up there' now and again will ya?
    "...when I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone....."

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pickle For This Post:

9eagle9 (25th May 2011), Sierra (26th May 2011)

27. Link to Post #79
    Thanks

Mature people can, yes.

Quote Posted by pickle (here)
    So many bad occasions a swear word can be used for... to drive a point home maybe, and certainly to hurt someone that they are directed at..... but surely mature people can discern occasions where swear words and great timing can be incredibly funny - so as far as ascension is concerned, doesn't bringing laughter into people's lives count? Don't our higher selves/beings/guides know when there's love in our heart when we use words to colour-in a tale, to tell a good story?

Sheesh, I'm beginning to wonder if I won't ascend 'cos my youngest crys with laughter when he pulls my finger. Bollocks, I'll stay here, fart at will, and enjoy a harmless giggle, just give me a wave from 'up there' now and again will ya?

28. Link to Post #80
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,284 times in 3,388 posts

This thread has turned out fantastically and has nailed some key concepts.

Swearing appears to be confined to spoken or written material, and I wonder if there is an equivalent for when you are communicating telepathically - lol

When I think about the life cycle of a "word" from the original thought to your thought to the mechanic of speaking, listening, interpretation/filtering and the consequent "resonant" thought in the listener - there are a lot of places that distortion (in respect of the intended meaning) can set in

John..
    Those of the positive polarity are of service when by action or thought or even intention, another entity or the self is freer to seek his or her own path than before the intended service was performed. --L/Leema

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Sierra (26th May 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 4 7 LastLast