+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: A What-If Savior Scenario

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Default Re: A What-If Savior Scenario

We have to stop thinking in 3D only...

There's much more to this reality than we'll never know if we don't change the current level of consciousness.

Namaste ~ Dan
    Last edited by truthseekerdan; 25th May 2011 at 16:18.
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

firstlook (25th May 2011), Holly Lindin (25th May 2011), ponda (26th May 2011), RedeZra (25th May 2011), sshenry (25th May 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member sshenry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 times in 319 posts

Quote Posted by truthseekerdan (here)

There's much more to this reality than we'll never know if we don't change the current level of consciousness.

Namaste ~ Dan
    So, if you don't mind my asking, how would this affect your decision in this particular scenario?

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sshenry (here)
    Quote Posted by truthseekerdan (here)

Namaste ~ Dan
    So, if you don't mind my asking, how would this affect your decision in this particular scenario?

I'll answer your question with a similar question.
    Why couldn't question two be phrased with no editorial comment.

Here's the question.
    Who wrote the Book of Revelations and why?

1. Jesus Christ

2. John of Patmos

3. The Collective Consciousness

4. All of the above in a grand compromise.

Maybe the "Earth" has already voted & it just chose to keep its vote secret.

I'm sure you would never accuse Jesus of saying this to his face.
    " fear me, worship me, submit your will to me and acknowledge me as your savior and I will save you."

Maybe after a few beers he might even tell you who the Earth voted for.
    In case you haven't noticed she doesn't think to kindly of the human race.
    Suffice to say if Jesus offers me a free ride home I'll be jumping in the car.

But answering a skewed poll is not acceptable.
    The Book of Revelations question reveals your level of understanding.
    A clue; Jesus never wrote anything down ever, for a very specific reason.
    That reason is exemplified by your editorial insertions into a poll construct.

Truth IS Truth

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Intraphase For This Post:

Cottage Rose (29th May 2011), PurpleLama (25th May 2011), RedeZra (25th May 2011)

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote 'll answer your question with a similar question.
    If you notice - I put editorial comment into BOTH questions:
    Quote 1). A friendly alien force that claims it was sent to help humanity and save them from the impending global collapse (come to our starships and we'll whisk you away until it is safe to return). This force has been verified by governments and scientists as a legitimate contact and the threat to the planet (from the impending crises) is very real.

2). A Savior of the Biblical (or ancient religion) type (fear me, worship me, submit your will to me and acknowledge me as your savior and I will save you) who says he will save his elect from the impending crises (spiritual and physical). This savior has been accepted by one or several of the major religions, and has verified their deity with various miracles etc.
    I meant no disrespect for either the alien scenario (we'll whisk you away in our spaceships) or the biblical savior scenario (fear me, worship me, submit your will to me and acknowledge me as your savior and I will save you).

Both could be seen as disrespectful given your particular perspective on the matter.

Quote Here's the question.
    The question is irrelevant to the original scenario. As to the following:
    Quote I'm sure you would never accuse Jesus of saying this to his face.
    " fear me, worship me, submit your will to me and acknowledge me as your savior and I will save you."
    I would simply be quoting his own words as spoken through the Bible: "The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom" (Prov. 1:7), "Strangers shall submit themselves to me: as soon as they hear, they shall be obedient to me." (2nd Samuel 22:45), "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9).

I would hope that - if he were the savior Christianity claims him to be - that he would be willing to explain these statements in a rational manner and not expect blind faith.

I'd be no more likely to believe a biblical savior who asked me to believe in him without a logical reason than I would to put my trust in aliens who claim to have my best interests at heart.
    Last edited by sshenry; 25th May 2011 at 17:46.

7. Link to Post #25
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

In the given scenario, I would definitely riding it out on my own. And it would not surprise me in the least to see both of these options "appear" though I don't see them doing so at the same time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dmarie For This Post:

sshenry (25th May 2011)

9. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Quote Posted by dmarie (here)
    In the given scenario, I would definitely riding it out on my own. And it would not surprise me in the least to see both of these options "appear" though I don't see them doing so at the same time.
    That thought crossed my mind as well (that they could both actually happen). For the point of the scenario it seemed prudent to give both events as happening simultaneously so as not to give one or the other an unfair advantage.

If this were to happen for real, chances are that one scenario would happen in reaction to the other (one appearing and offering, and then the other reacting to that).

10. Link to Post #27
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

Yes, by acknowledging 'god in us' we accept our responsibility for our own salvation. So, could it be that in a situation such as this a choice of this sort would be given perhaps to encourage us to ACT on that knowledge, and not rely on an outside savior?
    Christianity portrays Christ in the Eucharist as the essence of everything and not an 'outside being'

this we can understand

that God must be the Consciousness which animates all things

Lucifer is an angel that appears to his followers as a brilliant light but still he is an angel and not God... but I bet he could fool most of us - even the elect if possible

Lucifer is an 'outside being' like ourselves but much more powerful intelligent and long lasting

it's a trick of Lucifer to imply that Christ is an 'outside being' wanting worship when it is Lucifer himself that is just an 'outside being' wanting worship

Christ Is Consciousness

and therfore above such nonsense as 'inside' and 'outside' ; )

11. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Personally, i prefer Yashuah, but if he knows all, then he may have sent ET, and not just for this planets rescue, remember Mars. I'll take whatever works at the time, not that remaining on this material world hasn't been a hoot, but look, as an African American who still is mistreated and not taken equally as human, I'll leave in a heartbeat and testify on the way out!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

PurpleLama (25th May 2011), RedeZra (25th May 2011), sshenry (25th May 2011), thunder24 (26th May 2011)

13. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

i'm on the first flight out. had enough of this planet and everything that has come along with it. i am an explorer by nature, so i'm ready to go the stars and find out where we really came from. thanks for the thread. very entertaining.
    regards, corson
    Last edited by crosby; 25th May 2011 at 21:40.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

RedeZra (25th May 2011), sshenry (25th May 2011)

15. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

He need to honor all journeys, but I personally am here to support the planet and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon no mater what they dangle in front of me. :-)
    God sleeps in the rock,
    dreams in the plant,
    stirs in the animal...
    and awakens in man.

- Ibn al 'Arabi

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Crake For This Post:

dmarie (25th May 2011), RedeZra (25th May 2011), sshenry (25th May 2011), thunder24 (26th May 2011)

17. Link to Post #31
    Wales Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 times in 407 posts

ET's every time, simply because I would rather die than be reduced to a very dense, 3rd dimensional, chaotic survival type reality. I am eternal, that I can say for sure. I am only interested in the progress of humans and the earth.

IF the V scenario comes true (that program that has terrorised my thoughts and probably others too] then the saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer comes to mind.
    And I would take out as many of them as I could while I still had the chance. I would kamikaze there ass!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cellardoor For This Post:

RedeZra (25th May 2011), sshenry (25th May 2011)

19. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Quote Posted by cellardoor (here)
    ET's every time, simply because I would rather die than be reduced to a very dense, 3rd dimensional, chaotic survival type reality. I am eternal, that I can say for sure. I am only interested in the progress of humans and the earth.
    If earth is also in the process of asension, how would you know that staying here would be tatamount to being reduced to a 3rd dimensional chaotic survival type reality? Perhaps stying here and taking responsibility for our own actions, acknowledging the interdimensional within, is stepping beyond the illusion imposed by either of the would be saviors? (I'm just playing devil's advocate).

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sshenry For This Post:

dmarie (25th May 2011), thunder24 (26th May 2011)

21. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Crake (here)
    He need to honor all journeys, but I personally am here to support the planet and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon no mater what they dangle in front of me. :-)
    Very true - if it came to a choice, everyone's choice would have to be honored equally, for each of us views reality and "truth" from our own particular perspective

22. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Quote Posted by corson (here)
    i'm on the first flight out. had enough of this planet and everything that come along with it. i am an explorer by nature, so i'm ready to go the stars and find out where we really came from. thanks for the thread. very entertaining.
    regards, corson has
    I'm sort of a homebody but please send a post card.

I'm basically unwanted on any space craft, trooping in smoking, dragging six cats, 8 chickens, a horse, my favorite quilt. My favorite jeans, my broke in boot A life time supply of organic coffee and french vanilla creamer and a bottle of good tequila. The chances of the mother ship not having the right kind of ice cream or may have some supreme ultimate higher being notions about junk food is too great.

23. Link to Post #35
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote 'll answer your question with a similar question.
    If you notice - I put editorial comment into BOTH questions:
    Quote 1). A friendly alien force that claims it was sent to help humanity and save them from the impending global collapse (come to our starships and we'll whisk you away until it is safe to return). This force has been verified by governments and scientists as a legitimate contact and the threat to the planet (from the impending crises) is very real.

2). A Savior of the Biblical (or ancient religion) type (fear me, worship me, submit your will to me and acknowledge me as your savior and I will save you) who says he will save his elect from the impending crises (spiritual and physical). This savior has been accepted by one or several of the major religions, and has verified their deity with various miracles etc.
    I meant no disrespect for either the alien scenario (we'll whisk you away in our spaceships) or the biblical savior scenario (fear me, worship me, submit your will to me and acknowledge me as your savior and I will save you).

Both could be seen as disrespectful given your particular perspective on the matter.

Quote Here's the question.
    The question is irrelevant to the original scenario. As to the following:
    Quote I'm sure you would never accuse Jesus of saying this to his face.
    I would simply be quoting his own words as spoken through the Bible: "The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom" (Prov. 1:7), "Strangers shall submit themselves to me: as soon as they hear, they shall be obedient to me." (2nd Samuel 22:45), "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9).

I would hope that - if he were the savior Christianity claims him to be - that he would be willing to explain these statements in a rational manner and not expect blind faith.

I'd be no more likely to believe a biblical savior who asked me to believe in him without a logical reason than I would to put my trust in aliens who claim to have my best interests at heart.
    First, I would like to point out none of your biblical quotes are quoting Jesus, at all. The first two are Old Testament prophets, and the third is attributed to the apostle Paul, if I'm not mistaken. The message of the gospels, themselves, is not one of fear. Look to the OT god, and to the writings of Paul, and sure, there is fear.

Secondly, just to throw in my bit, my own contact has always maintained that in such a doomsday scenario we would be engaged strictly on a personal level by any STO ETs in such an event, and that any ET group working through the governments would be by definition STS. They are really hung up on the free will thing, and therefore: believe the ET that shows up in your yard but whatever you do do NOT believe the one on the television. The good guys really want to help, but they want it to be your choice even more.

*edit- the first reference was not a prophet, oops. Non-prophet?
    Last edited by PurpleLama; 25th May 2011 at 20:34.

24. Link to Post #36
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    i'm on the first flight out. had enough of this planet and everything that come along with it. i am an explorer by nature, so i'm ready to go the stars and find out where we really came from. thanks for the thread. very entertaining.
    regards, corson has

I'm basically unwanted on any space craft, trooping in smoking, dragging six cats, 8 chickens, a horse, my favorite quilt. My favorite jeans, my broke in boot A life time supply of organic coffee and french vanilla creamer and a bottle of good tequila. The chances of the mother ship not having the right kind of ice cream or may have some supreme ultimate higher being notions about junk food is too great.
    don't worry, I have a ticket on a ufo that is cat friendly (I have nine) and comes equipped with a smoking deck (imagine the view). A margarita bar would not be a poor addition. Just sayin'.

25. Link to Post #37
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

what about the 3rd choice...

the savior shows up and starts fixing the mess this planet is in regardless of what anyone believes...

he tells everyone not to worry seeing the comet streaking for us is really a space craft carrying the survivors from 2 planets which were destroyed, and they will be settling here on earth thankful for the new home.

does anyone think they would have traveled for light years to be here just in time for earths destruction?

I wonder if after they are settled, if they will let us go for a ride on ET's ship that landed on top of the one demanding the world follow him to be saved...

26. Link to Post #38
    Wales Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 times in 407 posts

Quote Posted by cellardoor (here)
    If earth is also in the process of asension, how would you know that staying here would be tatamount to being reduced to a 3rd dimensional chaotic survival type reality? Perhaps stying here and taking responsibility for our own actions, acknowledging the interdimensional within, is stepping beyond the illusion imposed by either of the would be saviors? (I'm just playing devil's advocate).
    I dont think humanity would shurk the respnsability of fixing the earth when the truth is out, if we had time to . Nor would we agree to be saved if it wasn't absoluty clear that the earth was going to end very soon. Could we be manipulated into thinking that this was going to happen? I think not, it would be obvious.

I would just be following my truth. Those that stay behind and fight for survival are also absolutey necessary, we are covering all bases for all timelines.
    It is my understanding that the consciousness of the earth and humanity are one, and also the ascension will be happening pretty soon. It would take a long time for the human consciousness and reallity to, from chaos, evolve back to the point we are at now let alone to 5d. This would cause massive imbalance and most probably enviromental destrution.
    Again this is my truth, so if I'm going to die, unlikely as it may be. I would wreak havoc on the ones that have been suppressing us for so long. I do not think this is the case though as I belive in benevolent ET's aswell as manevolant ET's. Also that humanity has been influenced by both. My intuition is my guide and i trust it implicitly.
    Last edited by cellardoor; 25th May 2011 at 21:25. Reason: additional point

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cellardoor For This Post:

sshenry (25th May 2011), thunder24 (26th May 2011)

28. Link to Post #39
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." - Prov 1:7

this is the fear of disrespecting the father or mother or even elders

the older folks know what I'm talking about ; )
    Last edited by RedeZra; 25th May 2011 at 21:23.

29. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    regards, corson has

well, if you take all that, then i'm taking my 2 pups, tomcat, 5 kids, and my library of vodka. if nothing else, we can get them drunk........ and teach them how to smoke....... lol.... i'm sure they would except you as the most funnest party girl there. be brave. you got the tequila......
    warmest, corson

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

9eagle9 (25th May 2011), ponda (26th May 2011), PurpleLama (25th May 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast