+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Will parts of Japan & New Zealand sink into the Ocean?

1. Link to Post #61
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Default Re: Will parts of Japan & New Zealand sink into the Ocean?

Haveblue, I am envious. What a lovely spot. Do you follow Ken Ring? http://www.predictweather.co.nz/Default.aspx

I am just waiting for his 2011 NZ forecast to come thru. I will post in when I get it. Worth a shot :-)

2. Link to Post #62
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Here it is, havnt read it myself.

NZ Monthly Event Notes 2011.pdf

3. Link to Post #63
    Thanks

[
    Quote URL="http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2011/07/01/2-9-tremor-surprises-residents-on-new-zealands-north-island/"]http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2011/07/01/2-9-tremor-surprises-residents-on-new-zealands-north-island/[/URL]

Risk factors: The dynamism between the Pacific Plate and the Australian plate is growing. There are many visible signs of this including increased seismic tension along the Alpine Fault, the transform boundary that runs through New Zealand’s South Island. The dynamism from the subduction of the Pacific Plate below the Australian Plate will also ignite more activity in the volcanic arcs of Tonga and Kermadec. Escalating activity in this turbulent underwater volcanic valley is our first indication that dangers are increasing for New Zealand- volcanic and seismic risks for the North Island and shallow seismic quake risks for the South Island. Yesterday’s three earthquakes a 4.8, a 5.1 and a 5.5 in Tonga are an indication of the morphing progression of this geologic catastrophism that is gradually altering the face of the region. -The Extinction Protocol

2.9 tremor surprises residents on New Zealand’s North IslandPosted on July 1, 2011 by The Extinction Protocol
    July 1, 2011 – AUCKLAND –
    The earthquake which shook Auckland tonight has been confirmed as a magnitude 2.9 shake but shallow at just 9km deep and centred in east Auckland just off Mission Bay. Geonet, which monitors seismic activity around New Zealand, released the data shortly after the quake hit at 9.09pm. It followed a 4.7 magnitude earthquake 90km west of Te Anau and just 5km deep which hit shortly before 6pm. There are no immediate reports of damage in the shake, but on Internet site Twitter, dozens reported feeling the quake. “Whoa. Just felt a little earthquake in Auckland,” wrote Bernard Hickey. “Our house just shook once – thought someone had driven into the garage door,” said Amanda Hosking in an email to nzherald. It “felt like a gentle rumble of a truck passing” wrote Alistair Helm. “Very brief duration, but noticeable jolt and brief vibration, freaked out my 10-year-old daughter,” Janetta Mackay of Takapuna wrote. The quake was reported by people in the Auckland suburbs of Glendowie, Mt Eden, Devonport, Grey Lynn and the central city. “While the earthquake was tiny compared to the aftershocks in Christchurch, it’s the rareness of earthquakes in Auckland that will make it a headline story,” wrote Philip Duncan of weatherwatch.co.nz. The largest earthquake known to have affected the Auckland region was a magnitude 6 jolt centred near the mouth of the Waikato River on June 24, 1891. Auckland has more than 5000 old buildings that could collapse in a moderate earthquake. The Auckland Council yesterday disclosed the scale of earthquake-prone buildings throughout the region. –NZ Herald
    I think Auckland is built on something like 64 volcanoes so even having earthquakes there would make any person a bit jittery.

Here is a map of some volcanoes in Auckland:

http://www.sciencelearn.org.nz/Conte...volcanic-field

4. Link to Post #64
    Australia Avalon Member Wiremu2011's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Quote Posted by Morgaine (here)
    Well, I am in great doubt as to the likelihood of NZ either disappearing into the ocean, or joining up with Australia. A land mass that is part of the Ocean floor does not simply "move" and connect itself to another country..........this must be geographically, if not scientifically impossible!! I'm sure the rising of the oceans could mean certain low lying areas could disappear, but I would be very skeptical about the idea of NZ and/or Japan sinking/moving.
    1/2 you sheep scaring kiwis are alread here!
    NZ has already moved!
    Yep, we sure are bro. Nothing like nice piece of prime Aussie lamb to chew on. LOL...I'm originally from one of those volatile areas (White Island)where's it's been reported theres been new activity. I remember as a kid we had to rehearse these drills at school in the event of a tsunami. All my relatives understandably are pretty much on edge, but living in denial that anything may happen given what's going on in the South Island.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4