+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Dealing with Evil -- Ignore it or what?

1. Link to Post #61
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Dealing with Evil -- Ignore it or what?

Hi, thanks for the post. There is evil in the world, as there is polarity. One must not ignore it, for it will still exist, even if your attention is diverted. It will surround you and get you when you least expect it (or make you act in dark ways when you think your being light). Enlightenment is the process of integrating both light and dark and finding balance

The aversion of facing 'evil', 'dark' and 'negative' subject matters is an act of pure fear. A fear of the truth. It's time to grow up and act like adults. face the darkness and react to it in a positive manner... integrate it and it will balance out....

Many light/lovers put their blinkers on and basically say internally 'its not happening , its not happening, laa laa laa, its not happening' - but it is happening.. look around, look at the world.. You can still be empowered , even in the face of darkness, to understand what it is, and what you prefer. thank the negativity, respectfulyl thank it for showing you who you prefer to be. It allows me to see my chosen path clearly. I choose the path of creativity, and i bid the path of destruction farewell.... which do you choose?
    --------------------------------------
    I have worked the golden rule into my life, and endevour to integrate it into the moment.
    *quote from wiki* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Rule

The Golden Rule or ethic of reciprocity is a maxim,[1] ethical code, or morality[2] that essentially states either of the following:

One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself (positive form)[1]
    One should not treat others in ways that one would not like to be treated (negative/prohibitive form, also called the Silver Rule)

(take note, both the positive and negative ways of expressing the rule... )
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

anyhow, I am a Vegan, for ethical reasons mainly. I no longer wish to perpetuate the suffering of my fellow earthly brothers/sisters in the animal kingdom.

The reality, and if you fully comprehend it.. each supermarket in the world, visualize the meat sections (all of them, flitting past your inner eye, so many, isle and isle of limbs, flesh, minced, sliced, diced... packets, frozen, all the slaughter houses.. they are there, its happening!!)... each food product that uses animal produce... then imagine all the death, sacrifice (blood) going on in this very moment.. think about the energy release, the anger of the killers, the suffering.... the evil and darkness is there... cant you feel it? It's there even if you are thinking about light and love, positive vibrations, raising your frequency (i do every day), ascension into higher realms or whatever else you use to bring light and love into your being.... but what do you eat for dinner? why do you eat it? How does it effect your 'light & love'?

you could make a choice, to remove your energy, peacefully, respectfully decline to participate. Do not attack those who follow these routes of darkness, for this is their path (law of allowance)

This speech by Gary Yourofsky is indeed excellent in my opinion. I feel he really raises very valid points, and has helped many of my friends and family awaken and choose their path in life.. but remember, those who choose to eat meat, do not judge them or think any less, for you are doing yourself a great disservice if you do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4

edit> cant seem to embed video in post for some reason. can usually do so with other forums.. any ideas?
    Daeda

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daedaoula For This Post:

161803398 (29th May 2011), 9eagle9 (29th May 2011), Floor (29th May 2011), Fred Steeves (29th May 2011), meeradas (29th May 2011)

3. Link to Post #62
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,276 posts

Your code must have been wrong.

4. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,039 times in 3,786 posts

To expand on your excellent post D, many light/lovers chant "its not happening" and ....and for those who are observing it happening and are ready to intervene.... we are negative, evil and angry.

Excellent post.

5. Link to Post #64
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 times in 421 posts

Quote Posted by 161803398 (here)
    ...do the truly evil even have karma? Or, are they simply permitted to exist as they are?
    My present understanding is that everyone who persists in pursuing negative courses will be given every conceivable form of guidance and encouragement to change course. But at some point if they insist on following a darker path, their being, the substance of who they are, will be completely erased.
    Quote Posted by Daedaoula (here)
    I have worked the golden rule into my life, and endevour to integrate it into the moment.
    *quote from wiki* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Rule

The Golden Rule or ethic of reciprocity is a maxim,[1] ethical code, or morality[2] that essentially states either of the following:

One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself (positive form)[1]
    One should not treat others in ways that one would not like to be treated (negative/prohibitive form, also called the Silver Rule)

(take note, both the positive and negative ways of expressing the rule... )
    With reference to the OP, how might this person react if a third party committed a similar act against someone important to them? What we do (or are willing to do) can be seen as a license for others to do the same, against us if they wish.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KosmicKat For This Post:

161803398 (29th May 2011)

7. Link to Post #65
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daedaoula For This Post:

161803398 (29th May 2011), ulli (29th May 2011)

9. Link to Post #66
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,954 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by KosmicKat (here)
    Quote Posted by 161803398 (here)
    ...do the truly evil even have karma? Or, are they simply permitted to exist as they are?
    My present understanding is that everyone who persists in pursuing negative courses will be given every conceivable form of guidance and encouragement to change course. But at some point if they insist on following a darker path, their being, the substance of who they are, will be completely erased.
    I don't think so. Many of us wouldn't be incarnated now if that were the case. The big fall can give one all the time they need, and more, to re-consider their choices. As Jim Morrison so aptly put it, "Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of God".

Cheers,
    Fred

10. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,330 times in 1,226 posts

I heard of that speech by Gary Yourofsky before but I just watched it now. I have already come to the conclusion that there is something extremely wrong with our eating habits because I can see deterioration in my own family who originally came from Iceland, Finland and Ireland. The Icelandic and Finnish were healthy of course. But even on the Irish side they were, and this rare for their time, very food conscious. But coming to Canada wasn't good from a health perspective.

The Irish, generally, have terrible health problems. The men don't expect to live much past 65 because, out in the country, they expect to die of heart attacks at around 65. They eat what they call "bacon" which is not what we call "bacon". Its more like a boiled roast, only from a pig. I've never tried it because the gross factor was too big. Sausages every morning also. They also eat deer meat sometimes. Heart attacks and cancer are epidemic. But they expect it and don't question it. There's hope for the Irish though because they are very adaptable people.

11. Link to Post #68
    United States Avalon Member sunnyrap's Avatar
    Thanks

Incredible documentary by Daniel Goldhagen on genocides that have occurred around the world: always because of the political aims of the small number of men running the country. It is sobering to see the politics of eliminatism spelled out, and see it operating in your own country. Our country could be next: <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w7cZuhqSzzc?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w7cZuhqSzzc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

¤=[Post Update]=¤

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w7cZuhqSzzc?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w7cZuhqSzzc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Ack, embed code not working for some reason; video link here: http://www.cmn.tv/videos/genocide-worse-than-war/

Long, riveting video.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyrap For This Post:

161803398 (30th May 2011)

13. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,039 times in 3,786 posts

The Irish had their health problems imposed on them by the English who took away most of their indigenous food, and replaced it with bread and potatoes. And they drank for the same reason the Native Americans in the states struggle with alcoholism destruction of culture and self identity.

Yeah I remember my first experience with 'bacon'. It looked like a gray boiled zombie head.

14. Link to Post #70
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,954 times in 3,187 posts

Anyone here ever flatten a pregnant cockroach?

How bout sprayed for termites and annihilate an entire colony of peaceful vegetarians?

Just wondering where our moral boundries lie to dilineate between the innocent and the guilty.

Fred

15. Link to Post #71
    United States Avalon Member jjl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,938 times in 542 posts

I think it is acceptable to do what is best for our health as does every other species, including roaches,

16. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Quote The Irish had their health problems imposed on them by the English who took away most of their indigenous food, and replaced it with bread and potatoes. And they drank for the same reason the Native Americans in the states struggle with alcoholism destruction of culture and self identity.
    Yes! But my dad was into seaweed because he lived by the beach at Rossnowlagh in Donegal.

17. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

Quote Anyone here ever flatten a pregnant cockroach?

How bout sprayed for termites and annihilate an entire colony of peaceful vegetarians?

Just wondering where our moral boundries lie to dilineate between the innocent and the guilty.
    Unfortunately, that's your decision to make.

18. Link to Post #74
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,276 posts

This should work.

19. Link to Post #75
    New Zealand Avalon Member Teresa's Avatar
    Thanks

Just popping in and out (dinner to prepare) and this thread caught my eye. Only read the first post - will read the rest later, but had to put my 2cents in.

This subject matter actually hurts me physically - I doubt I could watch any related video. Someone very dear to me had a most horrific upbringing. This was now many years ago. Her worst fear? That the souls of her abusers will be lost, and her dearest wish is that they not be. Her forgiveness is totally real and so is her concern for their spiritual wellbeing. She said to me recently; "what point is there shining the light with your back to the dark - stand and face the darkeness - that's where your light needs to go".

Now I'm not half the person she is, I find any kind of cruelty, especially to defenceless animals (and babies and children) impossible to understand and deal with, let alone forgive. Right, gotta go...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teresa For This Post:

Lord Sidious (2nd June 2011), PurpleLama (2nd June 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4