+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Travel Vaccinations

1. Link to Post #1
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Travel Vaccinations

Hello,

I'm planning to go to India in October/November, and of course there are several recommendations for vaccinations...
    Vaccinations for tetanus, polio, typhoid fever, hepatitis A & B.

Would you take them?
    Are there people here who have ventured into exotic lands without vaccinations?

Share your experiences!

Thanks.

2. Link to Post #2
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Travel Vaccinations

My wife & I had all the recommended shots when we went to India 6 years or so ago.
    Ditto, for my daughter & her boyfriend when they went travelling through India & SE Asia last year.
    We're all still here, alive & kicking! So far anyway

But, I know others have concerns about vaccinations and the role they (may) play in population control; so.....!?!?!

3. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

If it were me I would avoid the tetanus and the Hep B which you will not contract there in my opinion.
    I would travel with MMS and Grapefruit Seed Extract in case I got hep. A the most likely problem you could encounter usually acquired in resturants from workers who carry the disease....
    along with Cholera which MMS should take care of also. If you are around cholera you will likely know as signs will be posted, if you can read them.

You could also encounter a number of other larger parasites which these will not deal with. In that case a daily dose of MMS of 6 drops will be your best defence. I suggest that you start this mms taking process before you go because really toxic people can't handle 6 drops. If you are well detoxed 6 drops is easy.

If it were me I would not take any of these vaccinations and you might do well to look up these diseases to see just how they are contracted to understand if you will need a vaccination or not and can make your own decision.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (30th May 2011), nearing (30th May 2011)

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 times in 534 posts

A doctor friend of mine told me a long time ago that you only need a tetanus course ONCE in your life... he said the immunity is there and its all about money. I have lived and travelled in the far east, malaria is one to be aware of, but look at the area you are travelling to , do some homework. Also the countries you go to have very good medical knowledge.... to be honest I have been better looked after in so called third world countries than the western world.

Hope this helps....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phillipbbg For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (30th May 2011), nearing (30th May 2011)

7. Link to Post #5
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you for your reactions, they help.

I didn't think about mms, I will look into it, seeing that I never used it before (I almost never get sick).
    The thing is, I'm very attuned to what my body can process (food wise), and in India, the food is completely different, and when the body is not used to that, I have the strange notion that there will be a 'breach' in my immune system.

I will do my homework!

8. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Jonfen's Avatar
    Thanks

Drink your pee :D
    Nothing is alien but that which is perceived as alien.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jonfen For This Post:

Eligos (30th May 2011), Maia Gabrial (30th May 2011)

10. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Siberia9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,670 times in 351 posts

I am amazed that anyone would take a vaccine. The people who own the vaccine company's have absolutely no interest in giving you a healthy life. Will you get the one with the cancer virus in it that kicks in when you get older(when the hormone levels drop) or will you get that special Hep B vaccine, you know the one they give free to homosexuals and intravenous drug users. Maybe some nice Sqauline and mercury is key to good health...NOT. They have been caught multiple times sterilizing people with that tetanus vaccine, only to say its an accident but when you read there own white papers they say thats exactly what they want to do. It is completely insane to put yourself in this position. I can tell you that no one will vaccinate my kids, EVER. I would react the same as if you came at them with a loaded gun, even at the cost of myself, I am not joking. BTW It seems to me and those like me that our kids never get sick while the vaccinated kids are always sick. I have used colloidal silver overseas a few times for stomach issues and would think that MMS would be good as well. If your going to take the middle of the road approach then I would recommend DR Tenpenney's stuff on the subject, at least you can here it from a DR and not a nut like me LOL. here is her site http://drtenpenny.com/default.aspx

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siberia9 For This Post:

nearing (30th May 2011), The Truth Is In There (1st June 2011)

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Also I met a man that said while he was in India and South America he put two drops of liquid Iodine supplement in to his water to kill anything his gut was not used to and NEVER had the expected stomach problems even while drinking brown well water in small villages. If my memory is correct then the Sodium Chlorite portion in MMS is a govt approved water treatment product by it self, so MMS would seem to be the way to go. BTW you can buy it on ebay in powder form and mix it after your flight to make MMS.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siberia9 For This Post:

fifi (1st June 2011), Franny (30th May 2011)

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,370 times in 4,614 posts

Quote Posted by Jetsam (here)
    Hello,

I'm planning to go to India in October/November, and of course there are several recommendations for vaccinations...
    Vaccinations for tetanus, polio, typhoid fever, hepatitis A & B.

Would you take them?
    Are there people here who have ventured into exotic lands without vaccinations?

Share your experiences!

Thanks.

Did you get polio and TBC vaccines as a kid ? I'm wondering.. If yes , they should basically cover your immunity for those 2 , there's still lots of polio in India, not to speak about TBC, you will see all those disabled people with twisted limbs on streets daily if you go there .

Tetanus vaccination is one shot to get shortly before the trip , I'd recommend that one . It's easy to contract if you fall down , break your skin, hit yourself unexpectedly in the bus or country , the chance is low but if you are not vaccinated, tetanic spasms are not something you dream of experiencing.

India is pretty rural unless you restrict your trip to safe hotels and cars and even there, you can't eliminate contact with local bacteria.

That's for the scarier part. I've spent for about 14 years in India , with breaks and did not have any extra special vaccinations ( except for tetanus and those that were pushed to me in childhood ) ...and no problems .

It seems to be that most of our 'western' populace is sort of over vaccinated at the moment. Some of the diseases were succesfully wiped out during past century in the more civilised parts of world,

but if you go there you will see that the same diseases still exist and how they look 'in natura' .

There's also lots of leprosy in India and so far they are able to stop progression of it in early stages but there is no vaccine yet .

General rule you will see among cultured Indians is to keep to the rules of hygiene even more carefully than at home, wash your hands often, wash all fruits and vegetables, don't eat from suspiciously looking coffee shops and restaurants, avoid street food in big cities , always drink from your own bottle etc.

Try to avoid falls and injuries . And pray to God often, it helps

15. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

You should be ok without the shots depending on where it is you are going.If you are going right off the beaten track then you might need to take some extra precautions.Be careful around dogs and monkeys.You can get rabies if you get bitten but good doctors aren't far away and they can give you a rabies shot.Don't drink tap water.Stick to the bottled water.You can even clean your teeth with the bottled water.You could take some basic medical gear with you such as antiseptic powder,immodium,headache tabs etc.You could check on the web to see if there is any malaria prevalent in the places where you are going to.You can buy mosquito coils locally and burn them at dusk to keep the mozzies away if they are a nuisance.

Enjoy India

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ponda For This Post:

nearing (30th May 2011)

17. Link to Post #11
    Germany Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,221 times in 898 posts

Most if not all polio cases in India nowadays can be traced to the vaccine itself, so I would definitely stay far, far away from any vaccinations. It's quite easy in India, as both homeopathy and ayurveda are very popular, and even if you get any stomach trouble etc, you'll likely find an easy cure wherever you are in the country. Eat local cooked food. The Indian cuisine is chock-full of spices that are very beneficial to your health (haldi, fenugreek, to name two). Stay away from salad leaves, since you don't know what kind of water they were washed in. Basically, use your common sense, and you'll do absolutely fine.

18. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Hi I am married to a man from india .we travel out there at least 2 times a years and I often stay for 6 to 8 weeks ,and never took any Jabs .I was bitten many time's by the mosquito's and there was no problem..I had no problem with the food and avoided ice being added to my drink's ..I have been going there for over 10 year's now with out Jabs .Hope this helps ..
    Last edited by ZAINA; 30th May 2011 at 18:53.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ZAINA For This Post:

Isthatso (31st May 2011)

20. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Hey Jonfen,
    As funny as that sounds, I read about this years ago about a woman who had been in such bad health most of her life and was always in the hospital. And then someone approached her recommending this. At first she balked at this. But when she became desperate, she tried it. It turned her health around. According to Bear Gryls (on Man vs Wild), he says that you have to drink it right away or it becomes toxic. I don't know....
    Maia

21. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

There are times when you must have a vaccination because it's required if you want to go to a particular country. On one of my trips to Peru many years ago they were requiring a yellow fever or smallpox vaccination (can't remember which one) because there was an active outbreak at that time. I didn't want to do it so I tried everything I could think of, even to getting a blank vaccination certificate and trying to forge it. This was pre-photoshop and almost pre-computer, so it wasn't as easy to forge things as it is now. The forgery didn't look very good so I dropped that idea. I also tried to claim a religious exemption but they wouldn't accept that. It came down to getting the shot or not going to Peru. This was a business trip and I needed to go, so I got the shot.

When I finally gave into it I deliberately created a belief that the shot would have no effect on me and I wouldn't even notice it. I think it's a lot healthier to deny it's power to harm you if you decide to go ahead and do it. My son never had a single shot or vaccination until he went into the Army and then got LOTS of them all at once. I told him ahead of time to decide that they would not affect him and while many of the soldiers who had shots at the same time got very sick, he did not get sick from them. Of course we don't know what the long term affects will be but it can only help to use your mental powers to minimize the effects by not dwelling upon the negative possibilities.

If you don't HAVE to get a vaccination or shot, you would be wise to not get it. If you do have to get it in order to take the trip, don't worry about it. Just do it and forget it. Don't give it any power over you.

Nancy

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

Siberia9 (30th May 2011)

23. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

My advice is read all the advice and then use your own discernment - your body knows exactly what it needs if you let it speak. I travel extensively in Africa where yellow fever certification is often still required and I agree with Nancy re just do it. I take homeopathic medication when visiting heavy malaria areas and colloidal silver with me for internal (infection) and external (wounds) use everywhere. Can't tolerate MMS myself but know many who swear by it, although I think it may now have been declared illegal in the USA.
    I also experience symptoms as useful and important body signals - i once contracted e coli from California's rotten spinach - it's not just India and Africa where some brutal lurgies lurk - and then with reduced immune resistance caught bird flu in Zambia soon after.
    I would not recommend either 'malady' as a chosen path but surviving the one helped clear some second chakra blockage and meditating through the other helped activate my 8th chakra... wishing you happy and healthy travels, Midi

24. The Following User Says Thank You to midiberry For This Post:

NancyV (30th May 2011)

25. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,324 times in 2,101 posts

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    I would travel with MMS and Grapefruit Seed Extract...
    GSE seems to work with Giardia too.

A librarian in town had it for about 8 months after a trip to Nepal. She was on heavy antibiotics and could not get rid of it.

I told her about an article I had seen on GSE for giardia and how many trekkers to Nepal would carry extra bottles with them to sell to other trekkers for it. She gave the GSE a try and was able to clear it from her system in about 2-3 weeks. Her Dr was amazed and not quite convinced but willing to consider it.

It may not work for everything that ails you, but it worked for her giardia infection.

And of course, you must have MMS!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Franny For This Post:

NancyV (30th May 2011)

27. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by karelia (here)
    Most if not all polio cases in India nowadays can be traced to the vaccine itself, so I would definitely stay far, far away from any vaccinations
    I think I care ( not dare in this case .. ) to disagree on that statement but my guess is that Karelia has never been in India and for casual visitor , acquiring polio from locals is highly improbable .

28. Link to Post #18
    Germany Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,221 times in 898 posts

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    I think I care ( not dare in this case .. ) to disagree on that statement but my guess is that Karelia has never been in India and for casual visitor , acquiring polio from locals is highly improbable .
    Fact is that the Third World countries had the oral polio dumped on them after the Western world finally got tired of finding polio cases caused by the oral polio vaccine. You can google that quite easily.

I've not been to India, but I have traveled extensively in Pakistan and other TW countries, and since Pakistan is right next to India, I would imagine the conditions there are similar.

29. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

The reason there is a division on this is because some of us do not agree with the germ theory that the PTB have given us to believe in. Once you have travelled that road you will not be taking ANY vaccines. However most people on this planet believe what they are taught by parents and the govt indoctrination centers(schools) etc. So I cant and wont tell others what to do, however I will not pretend that there is not another path should you choose to look for it. Nor am I able to articulate all the facts in some effort to make a case here for what I have found and have been taught. This particular area is harder than changing your religion as it is ingrained in our belief systems heavily to be germ phobic and to put faith in the witch drs in their white coats. But rest assured that the witch doctors will not be sacrificing my children to the Sun God nor will they be pumping them full of toxic chemicals that cause brain damage and shorter lifespans etc. I can only speak for myself and what I do.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Siberia9 For This Post:

Isthatso (31st May 2011), karelia (30th May 2011), NancyV (30th May 2011)

31. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Well. The sad fact of life is that before the vaccines were developed, you have had millions of people worldwide dying in epidemics for typhus, plague, cholera, small pox , black cough , TBC and so and so forth, the line is endless.

That you can't recall such times is only good. One day we won't be able to recall the use of vaccines either.

With our ancestors ( meaning those who survived the infection at one times ) we have acquired , built up certain immunity, the organism is intelligent and creates anti-bodies if it's meant to survive , of course.
    Depending on strenght of your immunity system , nutrition, and other countless factors ..some of these formally killer diseases turned to be almost harmless for the current populace but it was not always the case .

In India, Africa, South America ..there are millions of kids who had never been vaccinated, that's for one so blaming vaccines for what you can see there ( and it's not a news of the century ..) does not make good sense ,
    one important factor certainly is malnutrition and fragility of the organism that is then unable to fight infection.

Polio is most dangerous to children and young adults who don't have fully developed immunity system , and it's not easy to recognize in first stages when it can immitate a flu , later if it affects your limbs and you end up limping for the rest of life or can't use your hands or whatever, it's usually ..kind of too late .

I am aware how ridiculous I have to sound to this forum that is actually full of almost healthy individuals ( lets count me in for that sake alone ) who had been fed, overfed, pampered with vitamins, dosed by dangerous antibiotics and all sorts of late medical inventions ( and hate conventional medical system with things that are not feeling really human to either of us ) ...

but I'm afraid that plenty of these individuals live so well protected and cut off from the past of this planet that still continues its own life in huge territories with millions of bacteria that have not been given a name even ,

I'm not saying vaccines are the best option, or adequate option, but they had saved quite couple of lives already.

The vaccine itself can not kill you, the disease can. I'm not sure that all of the above can be counteracted with herbal medicines, I actually dearly wish it is the case .

Hygiene comes first in my opinion ...

Last edited by Agape; 30th May 2011 at 22:56.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Gaia (30th May 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast