+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you seen this new Hancock book? "The Master Game...Secret Rulers of the World"

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Question Have you seen this new Hancock book? "The Master Game...Secret Rulers of the World"

Please forgive me if someone has already posted this - I did search and didn't find a similar thread, but may have missed (I'm pretty new here and probably not yet caught up with the rest of the class..)

Check out this book, releasing soon:

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Game-Un...dp/193470864X/

It caught my eye because of the "Secret Rulers of the World" in the title, and what sounds like information that matches Charles/Atticus posts I have read so far. (I've not had time to read them ALL)

What do you think?

(I swear, I'm not related to author, publisher, agent, etc... just an avid Amazon review-reader and book/Kindle addict, and fascinated by all this kind of stuff - I have pre-ordered the book - can't wait to get my hands on it - but sure wish it came in Kindle format!)

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JillD For This Post:

Amenjo (30th May 2011), Anno (30th May 2011), Bill Ryan (25th December 2019), crosby (30th May 2011), kersley (30th May 2011), ktlight (30th May 2011), Mark Aldebaran (30th May 2011), Swanette (31st May 2011), Tony (30th May 2011), winnasboy (31st May 2011), Woody (30th May 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Mauritius Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,420 times in 635 posts

Default Re: Have you seen this new Hancock book? "The Master Game...Secret Rulers of the Wor

Yes I hav a pre release copy of this book. Hancock is just amazing.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kersley For This Post:

58andfixed (5th June 2011), Bill Ryan (25th December 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 times in 659 posts

Default Re: Have you seen this new Hancock book? "The Master Game...Secret Rulers of the Wor

Thanks for this - I didn't know Graham Hancock had another book coming out. I thought he was working on the second volume of his fictional series Entangled. I think his books and interviews are exceptional - very bright man.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corncrake For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th December 2019), wnlight (25th December 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member Positive Vibe Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 546 posts

Quote Posted by kersley (here)
    Care to share any info Kersley?

PVM
    I am the underdog, I am one of many faces,
    In a room full of people, I wouldn't change any places

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Positive Vibe Merchant For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th December 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kersley (here)
    Ooh - I'm jealous! Would love to hear about anything you'd care to share about. Is it as similar to the Charles/Secret RUlers of the World material as it seems to sound? (or is that just an uncanny coincidence).

How does one end up getting pre-release copies like that, anyway? Who do I need to know?? Hahahaa!

I agree, Hancock is amazing - as is the co-author, Robert Bauval - both brilliant, IMO!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JillD For This Post:

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

wow... looks very interesting. LOVE this man's work so much!
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

12. The Following User Says Thank You to astrid For This Post:

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Default Re: Have you seen this new Hancock book? "The Master Game...Secret Rulers of the World"

Robert Bauval: The Master Game - Unmasking the Secret Rulers of the World FULL LECTURE

"If thou but settest foot on this path, thou shalt see it everywhere.” ― Hermes Trismegistus

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Andrew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th December 2019), Cara (6th December 2015), conk (8th December 2015), earthdreamer (13th January 2016), Franny (25th December 2019), Shannon (4th December 2015), Sophocles (2nd December 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Default Re: Have you seen this new Hancock book? "The Master Game...Secret Rulers of the World"

Joseph P Farrell give us some hints that Saudi Arabia "might be on the menu"

Is The Master Game unfolding like Robert Bauval has said in his book and the lecture above?
    Was 9/11 really an inside job?
    "If thou but settest foot on this path, thou shalt see it everywhere.” ― Hermes Trismegistus

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th December 2019), Cara (5th December 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,420 times in 685 posts

Here is to a different Master Game:

"The Master Game" by Robert de Ropp
    If life is a game, let's figure out how to play it well.
    "Seek, above all, for a game worth playing."
    - Robert de Ropp

We all ask, at one time or another, "What do I want to do with my life?"
    On the one hand, we all want to do something that matters in some way, that makes a difference, that is meaningful, that is fulfilling. Something that's worthwhile, something real.

On the other hand, when we phrase the question "what do I want to do with my life?" - and sit with it - it often seems like such a huge, vague, looming, slippery, cloud of fog, like trying to catch a cloud in a milk carton - a frustrating experience.

But one chap, Robert S De Ropp, has offered a few pointers, which might help us get a more sturdy handle on the matter. What follows is a brief sketch of a portion of his message.

(Editor's Note: This article is not intended to substitute for study of the book itself, and is only a brief sketch of a portion of De Ropp's message. For anyone interested in the real enchilada, we recommend, as always, going directly to the source.)

In The Master Game, De Ropp frames the problem pretty well.
    He paints with broad, strong, and sweeping strokes, clearing a basic way to begin thinking about the problem: essentially life is a series of "games," and from here, it's really a matter of which game you want to play.

By "game," he does not mean anything unimportant, trivial, or not serious; quite the contrary, as he states, "having found the game, play it with intensity - play as if your life and sanity depended on it. (They do depend on it)."

He lays a foundation: first "Low" games, then a "Neutral" game, then "High games, and finally, "The Master Game."

The "Low" Games:

The "Hog in Trough"
    "The aim is to get one's nose in the trough as deeply as possible, guzzle as much as possible, elbow the other hogs aside as forcefully as possible." The trophy of this game is "wealth."

GAME ="Cock on Dunghill"
    "is played for fame. It is designed primarily to inflate the false ego and to keep it inflated." "Players of Cock on Dunghill are hungry to be known and talked about . . . the real player of Cock on Dunghill, whose happiness depends entirely on the frequency with which he (or she) sees his name in the papers..."

"The Moloch Game"
    De Ropp describes as "the deadliest of all games," consists of "professional mankillers trained to regard such killing as creditable provided those they kill favor a different religion or political system and can thus be collectively referred to as 'the enemy.'" The 'trophy' for this game is "glory or victory."

The "Neutral" Game:
    Householder Game Raise Family
    This "Neutral Game" De Ropp describes as "The Householder Game" is simply "to raise a family and provide it with the necessities of life." It is stated as neutral because it is"the basic biological game on which the continuation of the human race depends."

The "High" Games:

"The Art Game"
    as De Ropp descrbes, "ideally is directed toward the expression of an inner awareness loosely defined as beauty." In this game, as in all others, there are good players as well as bad. The goal of this game is defined loosely as "beauty."

"The Science Game"
    De Ropp describes as the pursuit of "knowledge," and then outlines many of the ways that this game as well is often corrupted, muddied and tainted (by players whom De Ropp sounds intimately familiar with). Says De Ropp, "Much of it is mere jugglery, a tiresome ringing of changes on a few basic themes by investigators who are little more than technicians with higher degrees . . . Anything truly original tends to be excluded by that formidable array of committees that stands between the scientist and the money he needs for research. He must either tailor his research plans to fit the preconceived ideas of the committee or find himself without funds. Moreover, in the Science Game as in the Art Game there is much insincerity and a frenzied quest for status that sparks endless puerile arguments over priority of publication. The game is played not so much for knowledge as to bolster the scientist's ego."

"The Religion Game"
    De Ropp describes loosely as the pursuit of "salvation," and then outlines as well many criticisms of that particular game: "The Religion Game, as played in the past...was essentially a game played by paid priests of one sort or another for their personal benefit. To compel their fellowmen to play the game, the priests invented various gods, with whom they alone could communicate, whose wrath they alone could assuage, whose cooperation they alone could enlist. He who wanted help from the gods or who wished to avert their wrath had to pay the priests to obtain his ends...

The game was further enlivened, and the hold of the priests on the minds of their victims further strengthened, by the invention of two after-death states, a blissful heaven and a terrible hell. To stay out of the hell and get into the heaven, the player of the Religion Game had to pay the priests, or his relatives had to pay them after his death. This 'pay the priest' aspect of the Religion Game has caused several cynics to define it as the world's oldest confidence trick designed to enable certain unscrupulous individuals to make a profit out of the credulity and suggestibility of their fellowmen by interceding on their behalf with some nebulous god or ensuring their entry into an equally nebulous heaven."

"...it must be obvious to any fair-minded observer that there is another element in the Religion Game besides that of playing on the credulity of believers and selling them entry permits into a phony heaven. All the great religions offer examples of saints and mystics who obviously did not play the game for material gain, whose indifference to personal comfort, to wealth and to fame was so complete as to arouse our wonder and admiration."

These individuals De Ropp puts in another category altogether, "The Master Game."

"The Master Game"
    - in De Ropp's words, describes as "the most difficult game of all...the aim of which is the attainment of full consciousness or real awakening."

He continues: "The basic idea...is that man is asleep, that he lives amid dreams and delusions, that he cuts himself off from the universal consciousness...to crawl into the narrow shell of a personal ego. To emerge from this narrow shell, to regain union with the universal consciousness, to pass from the darkness of the ego-centered illusion into the light of the non-ego, this was the real aim of the Religion Game as defined by the great teachers, Jesus, Gautama, Krishna, Mahavira, Lao-tze and the Platonic Socrates."

De Ropp states all this in the first chapter of his book, and then continues through several more chapters, which journey through aspects of De Ropp's views (heavily influenced by the thought of Gurdjieff and Ouspensky) on psychology, meditation, mental illness, and other topics.

So...are you playing one of these now?

What do you want to play?

"The Master Game" by Robert de Ropp
    If life is a game, let's figure out how to play it well.
    "Seek, above all, for a game worth playing."
    - Robert de Ropp

book in PDF at https://holybooks-lichtenbergpress.n...S.-de-Ropp.pdf

see https://www.livereal.com/spiritual/master-game/
    Last edited by kfm27917; 25th December 2019 at 06:31.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th December 2019), Franny (25th December 2019), onevoice (26th December 2019)

+ Reply to Thread