Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: truth

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,157 times in 529 posts

Default truth

what is the truth and untruth?
    what have you learned from learning from these experiences?
    i believe that everything we see,hear ,read ...experience.
    has a impact on our lives.
    whether it be negative or positive.
    it,s a experience that we carry with us.and makes us what we are today.

so we may be told lies,but hey we still learn from them.

but i feel toward the end we all learn the true truth.

2. Link to Post #2
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Default Re: truth

Quote Posted by manny (here)
    what is the truth and untruth?
    what have you learned from learning from these experiences?
    i believe that everything we see,hear ,read ...experience.
    has a impact on our lives.
    whether it be negative or positive.
    it,s a experience that we carry with us.and makes us what we are today.

so we may be told lies,but hey we still learn from them.

but i feel toward the end we all learn the true truth.
    Hello Manny,
    Maybe it depends how dissatisfied one is, whether one takes a direct or indirect path.

Yours
    Tony

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony For This Post:

manny (31st May 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

This post needs more discussion!
    I am not having it over looked.......................my Dad was called Manny!

Yours in anticipation of an in depth investigation,

Tony

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony For This Post:

manny (31st May 2011)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

form me the truth is about what is realy happening

when the weather report said 'it will be raining' it's a belief (based on whatever...)
    if it's actualy raining: this is the truth, if is not raining: this is the truth also
    because the truth is not what the weather report sais but what is actualy happening

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stdante For This Post:

manny (31st May 2011)

8. Link to Post #5
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Is being true, meaning never changes?

Tony

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony For This Post:

manny (31st May 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)

Tony
    Cannot be since everything changes. True!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

manny (31st May 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Tony
    I'm affraid this is beyond my english skills

13. The Following User Says Thank You to stdante For This Post:

manny (31st May 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ktlight (here)

Tony
    Cannot be since everything changes. True!!
    Who is talking about things?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony For This Post:

manny (31st May 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Revere's Avatar
    Thanks

Truth...I cannot find words to define it. But, if we are talking about Truth with a capital "T" it seems I instinctively know it when I hear it. Truth rings with the vibration of my soul and it has a deeper layered meaning. It is as if it is written on my soul and I recognize it as a long lost friend and that small voice of the Creator goes "yup, that’s what I'm talkin bout!" IMHO it may ring because the Creator is in everything and in a scientific perspective it seems to be a thought argument for the holographic nature of the universe.

Peace,

Bob
    "IF WE THINK WE CAN OR CAN NOT WE ARE RIGHT"

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Revere For This Post:

manny (31st May 2011), Mark Aldebaran (31st May 2011), MorgaineFallen (31st May 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,152 times in 2,815 posts

This is my take on the truth

The Continuing Search For The Truth

If the Truth is so simple, why does the United States Court System have people swear the following oath before they testify: "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?" It is a wonderful oath, covering everything within reason and logic, and knowledge. It however does not cover the things that we neither know nor understand.

I can not tell you the truth about the history of UFO's because I know very little about it. I can not tell you the truth about the chemical process that turns . . . well, about just any chemical process, because I know very little about that stuff.

I could tell you all I know about these things, I could tell you the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about what I know of the history of UFO's, and I would not tell you much at all. It would be a speech of little value to you. The point is that I can only tell you my perception of the truth, my knowledge of the truth, or what I believe that I understand of the truth. I can also be honest and tell you that there are times when I know very little

So, what is the Truth about God and Heaven and After-life? After what I have said so far, how can I offer to answer that question? By analogy, of course! Besides, I have pursued the answers to those questions for many, many years.

Let me give you a short analogy, that makes a similar point: You may remember from your geometry class that if you add the measurement of the three angles in a triangle, the total is ALWAYS 180 degrees. If you didn't have that great training, or have forgotten it, then trust me when I say that this little hypothesis about the 'sum of the angles of a triangle' is key to much of geometry. It is basic, it is foundational and I can prove it . . . incomplete.

How? First let's remember a LIMITATION of geometry and triangles drawn on paper: Everything drawn on paper is two-dimensional, but life is NOT. If you were to take a globe of this wonderful planet, and draw a triangle on it, you will RARELY get 180 degrees as the total! For example, if you draw a triangle from the North Pole to the Equator, covering one fourth of the Northern Hemisphere, your triangle would have three ninety degree angles, totaling 270 degrees!

So what is taken as absolute truth in a two-dimensional world, is found to not be true in a three-dimensional world!
    Since it is easy to forget that life on earth has a spiritual dimension to it as well, we forget that 'logical' truths do not hold up in reality! That's why so many economic and political theories collapse: on paper, they look great. But when applied to a nation or society full of less-than-perfect human beings, all of whom are unique, with unique talents and gifts and goals, it just doesn't add up anymore!

There are times I confess, that I ask "What difference does it make to know these historical facts?" After all, they happened so long ago, and in today's world they are seemingly unimportant. Then I remember that one of the claims of Christianity is that it is not based on a philosophy, but based on a historical life of an individual who fulfilled prophecies made long before He walked the earth. Historical facts is what apologists for the faith refer to again and again.

When we have the historical facts wrong, we mislead people inside the Church and those outside that are seeking God. Not only that, but we have been told that we "... shall know the truth, and the truth shall set us free." Sometimes, we don't need to know what we shall be freed from, but we still need the freedom! It is important to get these facts right!

As stated in my signature and what a truley beleive no one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member lotusblossom's Avatar
    Thanks

IMHO Truth is a perception that can only be defined by ones inter knowledge. It is constantly changing as personal growth occurs. I believe what you believe to be true is truth.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotusblossom For This Post:

manny (31st May 2011), PurpleLama (31st May 2011)

21. Link to Post #12
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lotusblossom (here)
    IMHO Truth is a perception that can only be defined by ones inter knowledge. It is constantly changing as personal growth occurs. I believe what you believe to be true is truth.
    Isn't that a belief?
    Can anything that is changeable be true, actually exist?
    If something is true, really true, should it not always be true?
    If something truly exists, shouldn't it always exist?

Does truth have a cause?

What if your personal growth, was just an uncovering.of what has always
    been there?

Tony

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

lotusblossom (31st May 2011), manny (31st May 2011)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by The One (here)
    How? First let's remember a LIMITATION of geometry and triangles drawn on paper: Everything drawn on paper is two-dimensional, but life is NOT. If you were to take a globe of this wonderful planet, and draw a triangle on it, you will RARELY get 180 degrees as the total! For example, if you draw a triangle from the North Pole to the Equator, covering one fourth of the Northern Hemisphere, your triangle would have three ninety degree angles, totaling 270 degrees!
    are you sure of this ?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to stdante For This Post:

manny (31st May 2011)

25. Link to Post #14
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by stdante (here)
    Quote Posted by The One (here)
    are you sure of this ?
    1000 billion % sure my friend

26. Link to Post #15
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote If something truly exists, shouldn't it always exist?
    This topic can really frazzle your brain. It’s like the universe some people think this didn’t exist once but if it didn’t what was it before. A bit like what came first the chicken or the egg, did they both exist or just one.

27. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Hi all I feel people can only tell there truth as they understand it at there place in time. which is the most any one can ask of another human, I think we can all live with that, So it dose come down to intent when I look deeper into truth I start coming out all over the place, you start asking your self is good good is all bad bad the problem now with secret knowledge coming out the truth I once thought of as truth is changing at a tremendous speed. what a subject truth.
    I have been experimenting with reverse speech and it may well be able to tell if people are telling there truth, if thay are not reading off a script. I have a feeling it may well be able to tell us more than just if some one is telling the truth.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Daren For This Post:

manny (31st May 2011)

29. Link to Post #17
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,157 times in 529 posts

The point is that I can only tell you my perception of the truth..the one.

MHO Truth is a perception that can only be defined by ones inter knowledge. It is constantly changing as personal growth occurs...lotus blossom.

The world changes around us ,but we do not ,we are taught from the cradle as to what is and what will be.
    we are conditioned to fit into society.into a society that governs and rules over fellow people.
    those that start to question the rules and what is told as true.are the abnormals ,the crazies...
    i think we all already know this.
    is the truth about a deeper understanding that we need to question.that comes from our inner self.
    we can,t believe our governments or court systems,how many lies have been told,and still are to better their own agendas.
    is it from within that the truth be known.

well i don,t know!

30. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote the point is that I can only tell you my perception of the truth..the one.

Spot on my friend

31. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,625 times in 516 posts

I have always subscribed to the quote "Effectiveness is the measure of truth". Its good because it reminds you that even if your operating from a non-sustainable plan or idea, the point is to remember that everything fits together when you discover a new truth based on previous outlines and perceptions.

It keeps the process more important then the actual "truth". I think truth is always there, but its how we move from one truth or another that reflects sustainability in various areas.

P.S. This quote if taken too literally can be misunderstood. Perfection is not the message.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to firstlook For This Post:

manny (31st May 2011)

33. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Hmm,

The truth (IMO) is knowing what actually happened/happening. Interpretation of the truth doesn’t really matter as long as it’s not shown in the dark. Truth is also easy to recognize when it’s presented in its rawest/purest form. The truth is real just like you and I, because you can feel it. Lies become easy to spot once you’re not living a lie nor participating in its seemingly infinite practices. The truth is ready to be discovered…the beholder can make of it what they will. Lies were meant to be blinding while the truth delivers insight. Truth is not accurate when it confuses . Fabrications is not truths. For clear understanding of the truth...it should never be presented through metaphors, analogies or riddles…but only as it is.

I believe the truth is hard for many to come by simply because they can’t handle the truth. They need to be real with themselves first or they will find themselves forever seeking something that is right under their noses.

Peace

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

manny (31st May 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast